1. New Killer Feature - EA Sports NHL 17 Api

We now have a full API from EA Sports to automate our stats, check out the details here
    Dismiss Notice

Twitch Streaming Support

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League(LGAHL PSN)' started by frostx17, Apr 27, 2016.

1. frostx17

frostx17 CanAm USA Owner Staff Member Gold

Ratings:
    +869 / 5 / -24
    Hey everyone! Just figured I would post this in order to have everything in the same spot. Right now you have to track it down, and this will be the easiest way to have everything in one spot.

@Tris10 has done some amazing work with this site, and has given us all kinds of tools to make this the best online 6s community today. One of the awesome features that LG offers is the ability to attach streams from Twitch, to the game being played. You may have noticed from time to time a box on LG above the chat featuring a streamer on LG. What you may not know, is that this site attaches streams from the players in the game, to the game itself! This is done by simply linking your external twitch account to your profile. LG will then attach your stream to the game being played according to who was scheduled to play that game based on time restrictions set in place. This ensures that only your scheduled LG game is streamed, and not something irrelevant to LG. Furthermore, the game will be archived to the site for users to watch after the game has been played!

As a player, this feature is awesome because it allows you to stay connected with who is who in the league. Go back and watch that triple overtime goal, showcase an insane move for LG Top 10, or even watch your next opponent in action! Streamed games also help management identify potential trade targets, call ups/send downs, and guys to keep an eye on for the next seasons bidding. We used to only rely on stats to give us an idea of how a player we never met plays. Now we can use video to key in on people who might not light up the scoreboard, but play a key two way role in helping their team win.

More importantly, streaming the games also allow management and players alike the ability to have video proof of league rules abuse. BoG can only act when there is some form of proof to support the claim being made. This may be anything from calling a forfeit on a team for not showing up on time (30+ minutes late), illegal use of players on roster, or violating league rules that lead to changing the outcome of the game. Streaming the game also provides additional backup for management, or league staff, to go back and verify stats etc. in the event of an OCR issue.

Want to be apart of this awesome feature? Below are a few links on how to get started with streaming. The first link will give you instructions on how to link your twitch to LG. This was initially made for Xbox, so disregard anything pertaining to the Xbox forum. @Tris10 is working on getting an API for PlayStation to allow us the opportunity to have the same features in place, but have not gotten that far. The second link will show you how to find another stream to watch based on who is streaming in game. Sometimes players use camera angles that are not ideal for your personal viewing preference. You may find another streamer who has a more "ideal" camera angle for streaming.

How to link Twitch to LG >> http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/lgv5-streaming-info.223412/#post-1398991

Want to watch another stream during the game >> http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/twitch-streaming-update.226540/

Most importantly, make sure you archive broadcasts to save the video after you finish the game.

Twitch support.PNG

Need more help? Shoot me a personal message, or comment below. I will do my best to help you get started. Best of luck in your LG career!

My Twitch: http://www.{click the twitch icon button in the chat to enable twitch streams}/Remi_613

Thanks!

Brad

*** Edit: Look two posts below for images on what your Twitch should look like to connect properly to LG. You have to have that blue box that says PlayStation like I do below the Xbox green box in the first image to work properly. ***

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    frostx7
  2. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +251 / 77 / -93
    Was going to suggest someone sticky those threads yesterday. Took me 20-30 minutes to find those articles so I could link my Twitch to LG yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
    xXxGonzoArmstrongxXx
  3. frostx17

Ratings:
    +869 / 5 / -24
    Just for verification, here are screen shots so you can see how it should look. You also need to make sure your PlayStation privacy settings are turned to open so the site and twitch can recognize your stream properly.

Permissions.PNG
    External Accounts Settings.PNG
    External verification.PNG

Hopefully this helps out!

• Like Like x 1
    frostx7
  4. T_H_E_C_H_E_F

T_H_E_C_H_E_F New Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Still can't get blue box for ps4. Any suggestions?

t_h_e_c_h_e_f123
  5. Yo__ItsKingJD

Yo__ItsKingJD The Greasiest King

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i have everything set up exactly as the pictures tell me to, and still can't get it to show up on LG as live. Idk what else to possibly do lol

No Streaming Account
  6. frostx17

Ratings:
    +869 / 5 / -24
    Have you tried uninstalling the app, and removing the linking process from LG to start over? Sometimes, you need to hard reset the twitch linking process for it to recognize the Twitch linking process.

frostx7
  7. Yo__ItsKingJD

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have a couple times. But i could try unlinking again.

No Streaming Account
  8. tsibs88

tsibs88 Host of TSibs Interviews Platinum Media Team

Ratings:
    +342 / 4 / -28
    I have had the same issue as KingJD. What I have done to get past that is to click on the Twitch icon at the top of the chat room box, after you start your stream. Wait 30 seconds before clicking that icon. You should get a Stream Started message after that.

• Like Like x 2
    tsibs88
  9. Yo__ItsKingJD

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thank you. ill give this a shot next week.

No Streaming Account
  10. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +13,905 / 58 / -72
    the biggest thing on psn, is your stream has to say "Playing NHL 16", not in your title, but the "game".
    Make sure you make that field visible.

All this info is explained in the info > twitch linking section of LG

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. Pasta_in_my_nose

Pasta_in_my_nose New Member Player Development Committee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok so i linked my twitch acc with lg but i just dont know how to activate the archive... sorry lol but technology isnt my cup of tea and my twitch acc is in french so it doesnt help either lol.

call_me_pasta
  12. Pasta_in_my_nose

Pasta_in_my_nose New Member Player Development Committee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nvm boys i think i got it im giving it a try now

call_me_pasta
  13. Yo__ItsKingJD

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    where it says default streaming account, do i enter my full profile like "{click the twitch icon button in the chat to enable twitch streams}/___ or just put "Twitch" ?

No Streaming Account
  14. WhyDaCowPie

WhyDaCowPie WhyDa CowPie | Goalie #35 | Phantoms Player Development Committee

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I did this and it works, give it a shot. Unfortunately needs to be done each time the stream starts, but better than nothing

• Like Like x 1
    WhyDaCowPie
  15. frostx17

Ratings:
    +869 / 5 / -24
    Please see Tris post above. The site will only recognize the stream if the game is formatted properly. You DO NOT need to click the twitch icon if everything is linked properly.

frostx7
  16. WhyDaCowPie

WhyDaCowPie WhyDa CowPie | Goalie #35 | Phantoms Player Development Committee

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I have checked and double checked everything. I have relinked everything multiple times. I have contacted Tris telling him everything from my end is accurate and he told me to check something which I told himnwas accurate (the game being played on Twitch, which is set to NHL 16).
    I still need to click the button. It isnt a problem and Im happy to do it since it works and would rather do that than worry about whether it will connect on its own right before I jump into a game.

• Like Like x 2
    WhyDaCowPie
  17. TheBulgingTwine

TheBulgingTwine S26 Tri-City Americans Owner Platinum CHL GM

Ratings:
    +443 / 56 / -81
    The first picture that shows Xbox one and Playstation. How do you get those options on the page to select? All I have is social media options.

bulging_twine
  18. Stavio_98

Stavio_98 Niagara Ice Dogs Owner

Ratings:
    +122 / 14 / -26
    Stavio_98