Top 5 Overpaid Underpaid Players

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Kingbling647, Nov 28, 2016.

1. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    After I had made a "Top 5 At Each Position" thread I thought to myself why not make another top 5 list of players in the AHL. I was going to make a "Top 5 Worst Players" thread to discuss all the terrible players in this LG community, but instead why not discuss "Contracts" instead as it takes part in a big factor.

Now with that being said, This is my opinion on what players I think have Overpaid or Underpaid contracts in the AHL this season. Keep in mind that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, This discussion is just for laughs and giggles at the end of the day and shouldn't be taking seriously.

Top 5 At Each Position:
    http://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/top-5-at-each-position.245454/

Top 5 Overpaid AHL Players:

1) @SkillzPayBills3 - (12M) - RD
    I don't think any player is worth $12M, Not even in the NHL. I don't know what type of drugs the management were on the day of AHL bidding but no man in LG is worth that much money. A player that is half of your teams salary is just straight up stupid in my opinion, It effects the teams roster as the team wouldn't be balanced out properly. Skillz is a really good defenseman and one of the best in the game but no defenseman shouldn't be more than $5M in my opinion.

2) @jdheagle- ($10M) - LW
    I don't think this player is worth $10M judging by his AHL performance and his stats, This is a good player hands down but in my opinion I think this player is overrated as many see him as the best LW in the game.

3) @Scarcella89-_- ($9M) - LD
    Same thing as I said about Skillz, In my opinion I don't think no defenseman is worth more than $5M. This guy hasn't shown nothing so far this season to why he's actually worth $9M, Once again I don't know what type of drugs the management were on the day of bidding but pricing these defenseman with unrealistic contracts is beyond pity, It effects the rest of the team roster as I have already stated.

4) @XipassuscoreX ($5.7M) - C
    I don't think this player is even worth $5M judging by his AHL performance and his stats, I know this guy was playing for San Jose Barracuda and I understand it would be hard to put up good numbers playing for a team like that, (No Offense Actiondave13) but I have played against this guy multiple of times and I didn't like his performance.

5) @JSILVERS ($6M) - LD
    Just like these other defenseman on my list, I don't think no defenseman is worth over $5M especially not this guy as nobody really knows who he is and he hasn't made a statement in the AHL this season so far to let people know who he is.

Top 5 Underpaid AHL Players:

1) @j_marz25 (2.7M) - LW
    I think that this player should be paid more considering everybody knows who he is and judging by his performance in the AHL so far this season, He's top on the leaderboard for points as he should be. The amount of offence that this guy can generate is crazy as he shows it every game he plays, San Diego Gulls definitely got a steal on this guy.

2) @ImaDoer3 (500K) - LW
    This guy being only 500K is unbelievable, Another guy that is top on the leaderboard for points and has displayed greatness all season shows that his contract should be way more then what it currently is. Texas Stars definitely got a steal for this guy, amazing player to play with and frustrating player to play against.

3) @DoubleZERO33 @Ucantcme_kamakaz (500K) - G
    These goalies being only 500k is mind-blowing, they have shown everyone all season why they are a top goalie in the AHL and the unbelievable saves that they can make to give a chance for their team to win. I don't think you would expect a goalie to be on a top 5 Underpaid list but they deserves it as their performance every game speaks for themselves.

4) @ryanwashere78 @KaneL88I (500k) - LD
    Ryan and Kane are both a absolute beast on the blue line and defensively, Them both being only 500k is mind-blowing and is a steal for Iowa Wild and San Diego Gulls. They both can be frustrating to go up against, Reason why they are both on the list for top defenseman in the AHL and them being only 500k just sounds ridiculous.

5) @J-NaStY__ (500K) - @ggjoey427 (1.7M) - LW
    I think that both LW are underpaid and definitely should be more cause of the fact that they are both up on the leaderboard for points and have displayed greatness all season so far, Iowa Wild got a steal for both players.

So that concludes my top 5 list, I tried to give detail on why I thought each person belonged where I put them, and I'm sure I missed some people who should be on the list or shouldn't be on the list, you have to remember everyone is entitled to their own opinion and at the end of the day this is all just for fun and shouldn't be taken personal.

This was just my honest opinion, feel free to comment any player names that you think have a Overpaid or Underpaid contract.

Hope everyone enjoyed this, now discuss!!

-KB

• Like x 2
    • Dislike x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Jd and skillz were paid so much so that they can ecu for the nhl team. That's why they went so high alot of other teams trying to make sure they didn't go to a certian team. You may not remeber this but @CCPiper went for like 13 million or something then got called up to the NHL.
    Good write up @Kingbling647 more threads are good for the league.

• Like Like x 2
    Nybarisny
  3. xX2A-NevarC-A7Xx

xX2A-NevarC-A7Xx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +183 / 21 / -80
    Let's hear your thoughts on post trade deadline power rankings.

No Streaming Account
  4. curlew7

curlew7 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    curlew77#1442
    Ratings:
    +35 / 6 / -10
    Yes!

• Troll Troll x 1
    curlew77
  5. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    Who are some players that got off to a slow start but are now carrying their teams, and then those who had a hot start but are now bench freezers

SGDragonSlayer
  6. Blackngold37

Blackngold37 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    @Dirk-noobishki great win loss record. solid stats across the board. at 2 million compared to the so called best, scarcella at 9 mill and skills at 12 million. compared to noobishki and outrageously more money, noobishki makes both these players look like average joes

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Kjhjh_2444

Kjhjh_2444 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 1 / -4
    I believe @KaneL88I signed up after bidding so thats why hes a 500k player but still a crazy steal like you said at the price. Another D that signed up after bidding @Terry Toronto is another steal at 500K.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. Sedinpower

Sedinpower Warning Group

Ratings:
    +629 / 18 / -54
    @Kingbling647

I enjoy your top 5s

Can you do a prediction of who you think will go top 5 in the upcoming draft.

Maybe even at each position.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. xDoer3

xDoer3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xdoer3#0
    Ratings:
    +1,477 / 34 / -102
    Much love kingbling!!!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Translation- Please do free scouting for me in the up coming draft thanks

;)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Nybarisny
  11. Sedinpower

Sedinpower Warning Group

Ratings:
    +629 / 18 / -54
    Shhh

But on a serious note we don't have a pick in this draft just interested in top 5s.

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Kingfromqueens78

Kingfromqueens78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 4 / -18
    Awesome write up, good looking on the mention. Def overpaid but we played a few times ?, weird I don't remember you , I usually remember players who stood out , all good and San Jose had tons of good players we just couldn't mesh but they def don't reflect their record, ,and I'm not taking this seriously like you said , I'd do a write up on you but I never heard of ya. ill look a little harder next time we play

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Sycesg

Sycesg Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Syce#7297
    Ratings:
    +46 / 3 / -11
    ya i agree, having some players worth 10mil+ is just stupid IMO, while they may be great players, that amount of money on their contracts just hurts them, their teams in the long run.

Also, i would like to add the reason DoubleZero is 500k is because he is a prospect, all prospects start out that much. he will goto the NHL next season and get a big time contract because he is for sure worth it.

• Like Like x 1
    Syceth
  14. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Let me correct you before people have a heart attack not all prospects get a 500k contract

• Like Like x 1
    Nybarisny
  15. xX2A-NevarC-A7Xx

xX2A-NevarC-A7Xx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +183 / 21 / -80
    I was a prospect last year and was paid 4 mil in LG pesos. Overpaid obviously but that the way she goes. I would have made this list last year haha

No Streaming Account
  16. Sycesg

Sycesg Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Syce#7297
    Ratings:
    +46 / 3 / -11
    ok well either way, according to DoubleZeros news, he was Randomly assigned to the Barrie Colts for season 3, so according to the rules Randomly Assigned players get a automatic 500k contract.

Syceth
  17. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    That is correct

Nybarisny
  18. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    I never said i have played with you, I said i have played against you multiple of times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Bizzibiz

Bizzibiz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +256 / 64 / -30
    Not a bad post KB. I think the next topic should be...

"You wouldn't be here if you weren't management"

Insert a list of owners, gm's and agm's that probably wouldn't be in their respective leagues or a starting roster spot had they not taken on management.

• Like Like x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Kingfromqueens78

Kingfromqueens78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 4 / -18
    And I said I never heard of ya kid , I never said I played with ya , I'm usually scrub hunting in otp lol

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account