The DeeNasty Rankings - Season 4 LGAHL

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by mikeydee1, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Blackngold37

Blackngold37 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    Hello everyone,

First off I know that not everyone will be happy with these rankings as that's proven every time anyone does something like this, but I have done my best here to give you guys some material for the outlook for Season 4.

This is my very first time doing something like this and I do hope you all enjoy it. That being said don't take this as predictions for the end of season etc. I figure I will do updates as we go and as changes happen etc. With having so many variables in LG rosters such as call ups, trades, bans etc and how drastically some teams can change things can always totally flip. For some teams anyway. So I was thinking I will revisit releasing rankings weekly or biweekly based on changes teams make etc as the Season goes on.

For these rankings I have broken them down into division rankings first followed up by rankings by conference with some info that I know about the team etc. I'm not claiming to know everyone that plays LG or have played with everyone, so where I have no knowledge of some players I will leave things unsaid. For now. I'm not tagging everyone here with full LG names, so sorry not sorry. Without further ado, I bring to you, The DeeNasty Rankings.

First up are division rankings straight up.

Eastern Atlantic:

1 - Hershey Bears
    2 - Wilkes Barre Penguins
    3 - Providence Bruins
    4 - Springfield Falcons
    5 - Hartford Wolf Pack
    6 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
    7 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms

Eastern North

1 - Syracuse Crunch
    2 - St Johns Ice Caps
    3 - Utica Comets
    4 - Rochester Americans
    5 - Toronto Marlies
    6 - Albany Devils
    7 - Binghampton Senators

Western Central

1 - Chicago Wolves
    2 - Cleveland Monsters
    3 - Iowa Wild
    4 - Charlotte Checkers
    5 - Rockford IceHogs
    6 - Manitoba Moose
    7 - Grand Rapids Griffins
    8 - Milwaukee Admirals

Western Pacific

1 - Bakersfield Condors
    2 - San Antonio Rampage
    3 - San Diego Gulls
    4 - Texas Stars
    5 - Tucson Roadrunners
    6 - Stockton Heat
    7 - San Jose Barracuda
    8 - Ontario Reign

And here are your conference rankings! I have done a more in depth review with teams posted in playoff positioning, and will do a further review on non playoff ranked teams as the season goes and things change. Maybe.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

1 - Syracuse Crunch

@jmm420 is back in the saddle again in a management role for the Syracuse Crunch. This team was a power house throughout the Season last year and was upended in the playoffs on what I think was an unexpected exit for them. I have no doubt they have assembled another team that will remain right at the top all season with plans for a deep playoff run to challenge for the Calder. @geesteak , @LoBo_DaNgLeS_12 , @Sfic16 , @Diecast420 , MVP, @jmm420 , are just some of the guys that stand out to me leading their forward ranks, with their entire defence being a serious wall to break through. @ihamncheesei in net is a stat beast from previous season, and @Killerrampage is a solid backup. Hard to see any weakness here to be honest.

2 - Hershey Bears

A season leader last season stepping into management this season cant be a bad thing. @MafiaMan15 knows how to bury them, and it looks like he has wrangled in a supporting cast that can do the same. @Chowski777 , @nismo_l18l , @Deven iii , @nick-stud7 , @PuffPuffPass814 , @CFairman7 are all big time scorers. @HitByTheBest95 recently acquired in a trade from Ontario and @JoeWink13 are solid defenders and I don't know much about the other guys but stat wise they have built a good blue line. @moosapotamus33 in net had an outstanding season last season and expect to see that carry over into this season, giving the Bears a solid starting goalie that can backstop them to some wins with their high powered offense. Expect a league leader all season.

3 - St Johns Ice Caps

This is a team I really have my eyes on. They have assembled a very well rounded team with offensive talent and a lot of 2 way type players here. This build I am a big fan of personally, and then couple that with the goalies they have in acquiring @BroadwayCJ97 and @icallsowhat55 and I think this team has potential to do some real damage. Icall is an absolute beast from last season and Broadway doesn't lack either. They have a forward group that can put the puck in the net and that can also be stifling defensively. Look to @jbenge09 to have a breakout season after a solid LG rookie campaign last season that saw him get the call up to the AHL and lead his team in their first round of the playoffs in points. Also look to @Austin2997 and @Schutempo to lead their blue line core as Austin is an elite dman and these two guys were a pairing in Albany last season that work very well together. and keep an eye on this team to take some games from other top teams if things mesh as well as I think they can. They get some steam behind them and I wont be surprised if they move their way up the ranks league wide quickly.

4 - Wilkes Barre Penguins

Not to much to say here really. I think they are built well and will be a solid team that will be hard to beat. @t-raker is finally in the AHL where he self proclaimed he belongs all last season and made sure everyone in all leagues know he is to good for any lower leagues, so he has a lot to prove this season after that fiasco. Solid defence on the Penguins with @Moofang leading that group, and @DaBears182 is one of their goalies and I like him. He is a good goalie and nice too. A solid season and a playoff appearance.

5 - Providence Bruins

@bottle_man moving up to forward this season and taking on a management role is looking to solidify himself as one of the leagues elite GM's. He was on the Bruins last season and is looking to take them further with the acquisition of some great skill. @Gutta_gun29 gun, @killer_scotch , @Pastahnak , and the @Thevandal1987 are going to be leaned on a bit to provide the offense and look to @mgml1987 and @Spkstr69 to lead this team defensively with an all around good group of players. @TuckItTeal is ready and primed to put his print on the AHL after a good season last year in the CHL. Keep an eye on him. Playoff bound.

6 - Utica Comets

Utica maintains some of their key pieces from last years playoff run and looks to build on a successful season. A team of solid players from top to bottom here and the addition of @xxHazzy-Eyesxx who can snype with the best when he is on his A game. @Mr-Ziggle-NUTZ , @LRKrazyLR , @phillygonaspanku and @MAVERICKASASSIN beefing up the blue line and this team can pose a threat. With some good chemistry to build on from last season and some new faces with skill, Utica has a good outlook and great potential. Playoffs.

7 - Rochester Americans

A lot of these forwards are unknown to me, but statistically they have skill that's not in doubt. But will it be enough. This teams big front will be their defence. All 6 of their D-men are high skilled players that can shut opponents down as well as chip in offensively. This team will live and die by their defence I think and their forwards will step up to provide the offense as their stats show that and they have solid goalies as well. They will look to lock down one of the final 2 playoff spots.

8 - Toronto Marlies

@Budz_780 continuing on as owner and @Tehh__Pwnerer stepping into a management role this season is maybe one that has some league attention. This will either be good. Or very very bad. Budz may have some enemies out there and Pwner has a league against him. But who am I to judge. Pwner lets his presence be known when he wants. This duo holding this team together is hotter than Christina Aguilera in the Dirty music video, and may just explode with the slightest twerk or wiggle. But I digress. Pwner can score goals and to win that is what you have to do. They have some interesting picks here as well. Some top notch players, mixed in with some lower end players. Will be interesting to watch the team as the season progresses and see what happens here. I think they will hold a playoff spot if they can keep things together here long enough and not prematurely explode. They have @Jg3542jg who is a steady presence upfront and I think he can help in keeping the fires to a low burn and Toronto keeping in the playoffs.

9 - Albany Devils

I feel bad kind of, having them miss playoffs in these rankings as @Goosechuk and @BROSKI_002 are great contributing members of this community and gaming experience, but I have them finishing out of a playoff spot. My challenge to them is prove me wrong as they are great guys and they have a good group of players assembled here, but like some of the other lower ranked teams, I don't see how they compete with teams ranked in playoff positions at the moment, but there is a definite potential for them to much better than I am thinking as they do have some great players in @xTarasenko-l91l , @FML_04 , and @Bartchy eh .

10 - Springfield Thunderbirds

A team to watch here as they have potential to rise up near the top if things mesh well here. Some players with maybe not the best statistics and no real group of three that can pose a top line to rival top teams in this conference, but if they have better chemistry together this season together than they have on previous teams, things could come together in Springfield. @Craven-A-27 is a self proclaimed amazing player and shoutbox warrior and his stats show he is a solid defender and has played as an all star as well, although it is of hot debate if he really belonged. If he can be in top form, something may start to get some momentum. @TheBipolarJew69 is a great goalie and may be the backstop that can keep this team in some games and maybe keep them in a hunt for a playoff spot.

11 - Hartford Wolf Pack

@lBl2llNlK is the highest paid player on the team and proved himself as a top player last season. He will need to do it again as he will be leaned on heavily to lead the offensive punch for this team and it may have some trickle down effect to some other players. @chadp9 will be leaned on to lead the defense and again, that may help with some improvements overall on the back end. Not much to say here honestly and I don't know much about some of these guys other than what stats show but I don't see them being able to keep up with some of the bigger powerhouses in the conference.

12 - Binghampton Senators

This team carries some interest to me, with @RBCressor being a big offensive player and in a management position, and @Agger23 in a a management role as well and being a dominant goalie last season in the CHL and winning a Mem Cup. He also cleaned house with a nice trophy haul. I don't know much about these guys but I am going to follow them as I think there is high potential here to prove me wrong and move way up in the standings. They also have a reliable backup in @itchycoochy . Keeping an eye here as things could change my mind and their ranking drastically.

13 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers

There is a glimmer of hope here in their defensively minded team build. They have some good pieces here on defence and focused on that in bidding. If something magical can happen up front to provide some offensive depth things might get better but I have a hard time seeing that. Goaltending will be a good area as well, but playoff lights are dim here, aka none. Great group of guys tho and @Rowbo73 and @firemike0288 are great and contribute well to the league. Keep doing what you do gentlemen.

14 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms

Not much to say here other than they have a reason to prove me wrong, but someone has to be last in each conference and its Phantoms here. A couple top notch players dot their roster but I don't see anything that is going to move this team up at the moment. A lack of depth and goaltending I think will be this teams biggest downfall.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

1 - Chicago Wolves

@Maddens26 and Guru @Prince-Of-Zeus Zeus come together in Chicago with a mission right out of the gates to win the Calder and they have done exactly that in building a team with depth and top playoff lines that can be assembled. @NeWFie-KaNaTa is one of the best goalies available and he will be as consistent as he always has been. @Veclaran is a solid addition to their tending and can also help bring home some wins. I was going to highlight some names here, but I really don't think its necessary as the entire team is kind of a who's who of the LGAHL. This is one of the couple of teams that is top to bottom rock solid with absolute no weakness in their lineup. I have a hard time seeing them go anywhere in the ranking but where they are right now. Maybe moving to #2 but outside of that is doubtful. They may lay waste to most of the league. Playoff bound definitely. Conference finals pretty much a lock. Definitely a threat to win this whole thing from Day 1 and expect a top team heading into the playoffs

2 - Cleveland Monsters

The @BigFreeze064 is headed into this season with one mission and one mission only and that is to win the Calder Cup. A good mindset to have and a properly built team can bring you that, and that is exactly what the management team has done here in Cleveland. I see these top 2 teams with a power struggle through the season maybe going back and forth between the top 2 spots as it is hard to pick a favourite between them. @tball619 returning on his contract as AGM has made the statement that he has something to prove this year, and he will be looking to do just that as well. This is another team built with the who's who of LG with no real standout weakness. If I had to pick one to keep an eye on, I'd be looking at goaltending. Not that it is a weak area tho by any means. @lll_ScArEcRoW_ll aka Teufel, is a top goalie in his own right and has proven that. I have my eye on @epvk78 , my amigo, completing their goalie duo as having potential for a breakout year in his rookie campaign in the AHL. He is a great goalie and was on the Flint Firebirds last season in the CHL and I would say he took that team into the playoffs. @deerhunter2911 is a machine at center and faceoff beast, @GalchyTheBeast27 , @Dherms18 , @Advancedhuman provide much more offense. @SaucyFeeds moving to d from the wing last season and @uahtendy37 and @thesophist10 on the blue line as NHL calibre defencemen and this team is built to win. Playoffs guaranteed. Conference finals highly likely.

3 - Iowa Wild

The Iowa Wild are yet again a top contender keeping a good group of the core players here from last season. Loaded up front with players like @J_durst-8 , @you_mecca_me_sik , @Krok-o-dill , and more will have them a tough team to face all season long. Their defence shines yet again as one of the best in the league with @ryanwashere78 , @Angry_Dangler17 and @Bubba17- returning from last season and looking to replicate their seasons from the last one. All 3 are dmen that are difference makers as they have proven that last season, and they have 2 outstanding goalies in @Xx-RASK-xX and @Omgprice31 A top team that will remain in the top mix all season and be entering the playoffs this season.

4 - Charlotte Checkers

They say defence wins championships and goaltending is a huge part of that. The @TheRealGrimlax from last seasons Crunch joining @Cheesuschrst who won the Calder last year with this same team is going to pose a real challenge for teams to score goals even if they do outplay the team in front of these guys. Both goalies can steal games themselves and couple that with a talented team in front of them and Charlotte is looking to pose a threat to repeat for the Calder. Leading their offense is @Brentlymulligan who was one of the top scorers in the AHL last year. There is a great supporting cast that runs deep through the forwards assembled here like @J-NaStY__ and @KJsniper . Their defence lacks nothing as well with @ImSikBoi, @NatureX, and @Shadow-_-Merc looking to shut opponents down on the blue line. They will look to claim their fame in the top of the conference and pose a threat all season long and into the playoffs they go.

5 - Bakersfield Condors

A well built team again in this conference with plenty of skill up front and a solid blue line. Offense that can score and defense that can stop other teams coupled with great goaltending again on this team. @XipassuscoreX, @Dencope and @Tkachuk__7 will provide serious scoring threats and their defence is top notch from 1 to 6. You will see them in the playoffs I don't doubt that.

6 - San Antonio Rampage

@francey2325 is back in black and white looking to lead The Rampage to another playoff run. Joining him is @cornect57 who will provide some great firepower up front as well with a group of forwards that are well rounded and balanced from top to bottom. Defensively they are the same as up front. Well rounded through the defence and have a great goalie duo backing them up. Look to @Noodles120 to continue is solid play from previous seasons and you have a team here that is going to give some teams a run for their money and may even creep up some as the season moves on and make their mark closer to the top of the conference.

7 - San Diego Gulls

@HunterofHaj and @Rampagekiller815 teaming up in San Diego and having built a good team throughout will see them having another successful season. I don't know all that much about their players for the most part other than looking at their stats, but I do know that @xKLuTchDoLphiNx in net is an absolute beast so hold your hats and keep an eye on this team as they may be do more than i predict.

8 - Texas Stars

This team has some serious scoring power up front but may lack in depth to really go that deep into the playoffs. They could also prove me very wrong as they have a good management team that is also extremely high skilled and i expect them to be looking to prove this prediction wrong. Again, a team I don't know much about the players other than what their stats show but I don't count these guys out whatsoever. A real focus point for this group is going to be on their goal tending. @SGDragonSlayer takes a beating in the shout box regularly, but probably takes more of a beating when he is in net playing. He lives in no mans land Alaska and also has internet that seems to be of the off-grid type which is like connecting to a walmart WIFI in the far corner of a parking lot leading him to say "Lag, lag, I'm lagging, I can' move" a lot, followed by a computer goalie in net which could lead to problems in the tending department for Texas. @Tys_got_tush will be solidifying as a starter i have no doubt and Texas has some potential.

9 - Tucson Roadrunners

@Double_brah , @Traz615 and @Gettygranite have united forces in the ongoing rebuild in the coyotes organization. They have assembled some high skill guys here such as @J_Stokes412 and @Applauded_killer upfront, as well as themselves being good with the sticks. A pretty good blue line to surround @DrOz2385 in net and @evoLwon- as a good backup and this team may be looking at even more sunshine in their neck of the woods.

10 - Stockton Heat

A good well built team with some elite goal scorers and top player @D_JACKSON_31 coming in from the CHL. Grouped with some good 2 way players and a good defensive group this team could prove me wrong and do better than i expect. A good group of guys assembled and I think their goaltending may cause them to suffer more than they should but I could be very wrong on that as well. Challenging for a playoff spot is in the cards for these guys.

11 - Rockford Ice Hogs

@Rantallion34 leading the charge in Rockford has built a good team that may just lack in depth a little bit. Hard to tell at the moment and will have to see after a couple weeks here. @jonhardcoq , @Six96969 , and @Replacables can lead the offensive attack and they have built a fairly decent blue line but I just don't see them being able to compete with some of the teams ranked ahead of them. Potential to squeak into a playoff spot.

12 - Manitoba Moose

@Deadsoul_Rising returns in the management role of his beloved Manitoba Moose and looks to improve upon last season. He has built a good team but I don't think anything great or that can compete with the playoff teams in this conference. That being said they do have @TylerLOEKEY in net, who can single handedly steal some games and was a pivot in Utica's playoff run last year with an outstanding playoff showing. If he can get some good defence and scoring punch from this group they may make a push to sneak into a playoff spot. Maybe but unlikely.

13 - Grand Rapids Griffins

Some decent players picked up here but not a threat to do any damage. A couple guys worth mention at least in @Sycesg and @drdetroit317 as they had great seasons last season but wont be enough here collectively to do any damage. No playoffs.

14 - San Jose Barracuda

@realdemonX responded to my bottom ranking here by saying they will not be a bottom ranked team if he has anything to do with it so challenge accepted. Nice guys no doubt, but no chance here. Unless like he said Realdemon proves me wrong.

15 - Ontario Reign

@Dirk-noobishki had a great season last season on defence but like other teams fighting for the bottom, not enough here to do anything. Zero playoffs.

16 - Milwaukee Admirals

Nothing is happening here.

I hope you guys enjoy this and although I will get slammed I'm sure, there are a lot of good players out there and good teams assembled. This was difficult to rank teams for sure. Enjoy the write up guys and I may make this a somewhat regular thing to give updates on as the season progresses and teams make changes and what not.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 31
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Col 4BiN420

Col 4BiN420 Dabs anyone?

Ratings:
    +22 / 2 / -2
    Bravo!!! This is really well done Mikey! Thanks. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

• Like Like x 1
    col4bin420
  3. Ryy0---

Ryy0--- I forget the buttons

Discord:
    ryy0_#0
    Ratings:
    +619 / 6 / -21
    Superb.

• Like Like x 2
    vRyy0v
  4. Blackngold37

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    Thanks guys!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. UPSWyatt

UPSWyatt 99 ***** Presence

Ratings:
    +273 / 7 / -7
    But, everyone knows me...

• Like Like x 3
    Upswyatt
  6. Rockgosu4

Rockgosu4 LaVedette

Ratings:
    +230 / 11 / -33
    • Like Like x 2
    rockgosu
  7. Blackngold37

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    thanks rock

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    Great write up Mikey!

• Like Like x 1
    Krvstoffer
  9. Studs-7

Studs-7 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    кяанишщтюсрплчшкывещ#8820
    Ratings:
    +163 / 15 / -20
    Good write up Mikey!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. HitByTheBest95

HitByTheBest95 Calder Cup Champion #2020Admirals

Ratings:
    +240 / 27 / -30
    Great write up Mikey thanks for the mention :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    HitByTheBest95
  11. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    Great Idea! I hope you do this every week, it'd be a good read! But really? Texas at 8th?

"8 - Texas Stars

This team has some serious scoring power up front but may lack in depth to really go that deep into the playoffs. They could also prove me very wrong as they have a good management team that is also extremely high skilled and i expect them to be looking to prove this prediction wrong. Again, a team I don't know much about the players other than what their stats show but I don't count these guys out whatsoever. A real focus point for this group is going to be on their goal tending. Dragonslayer takes a beating in the shout box regularly, but probably takes more of a beating when he is in net playing. He lives in no mans land Alaska and also has internet that seems to be of the off-grid type which is like connecting to a walmart WIFI in the far corner of a parking lot leading him to say "Lag, lag, I'm lagging, I can' move" a lot, followed by a computer goalie in net which could lead to problems in the tending department for Texas. Tysgottush will be solidifying as a starter i have no doubt and Texas has some potential."

Really?

• Useful Useful x 1
    SGDragonSlayer
  12. realdemonX

realdemonX washed up LGHL Center

Discord:
    realdemonx#0456
    Ratings:
    +169 / 21 / -8
    mikey im the backpack sanjose needs

• Like Like x 1
    realdemonx123
  13. epvk78

epvk78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -9
    Thats not the only reason you've got eyes on me, Mikey.

Nice job buddy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    epvk78
  14. Blackngold37

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    Miss you Ep.

Yours truly,
    Ivana Sackepcack

No Streaming Account
  15. ittozziloP

ittozziloP Hashtag Big Three

Ratings:
    +365 / 57 / -37
    Like hearing your ex developed a meth addiction. Prove him wrong reign train! ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Dherms18

Dherms18 #18 C/RW

Discord:
    Dherms#3595
    Ratings:
    +198 / 5 / -6
    Awesome writeup, Mikey!

• Like Like x 1
    Dherms18
  17. NeWFie-KaNaTa

NeWFie-KaNaTa Xwhat???

Ratings:
    +91 / 19 / -22
    10/10, would read again.

• Like Like x 2
    NeWFie_KaNaTa
  18. LxBriinkk

LxBriinkk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +583 / 28 / -50
    Well done mikey! I like the detailed write up per team. A lot of thought and effort went into this. Would like to see a few of these through out the season. A+

• Like Like x 1
    ibi2iinik
  19. Blackngold37

Ratings:
    +464 / 120 / -199
    Thanks alot Brink. I refuse to type your name correctly no offense lol. I was planning to do either weekly postings like this or biweekly to follow league trends with teams in their standings as well as following trades and callups/send downs etc.

No Streaming Account
  20. LxBriinkk

LxBriinkk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +583 / 28 / -50
    Lol every one knows me as brink so you'll be fine. No one likes to type my name out and I don't blame them. I hate typing it out sometimes. I made this before psn LG was a thing so if I could do it again I'd have a easier name to quote. Lol

It would be cool to hear about the wavers and trades around the ahl side of things. Its something that you never really see or hear about unless it happens when you're in the shoutbox at the time of the trade going through.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ibi2iinik