The 4th, Most In Depth Power Ranking. Tranny Style.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by iTransitions, May 22, 2014.

1. iTransitions

iTransitions Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +388 / 6 / -8
    This is 4160 Words, be prepared for TL;DR

This is my power rankings for the AHL, yes I realize everyone else in the AHL is doing them but this took a long ass time for me to do, 5 hours long. Tats helped me a little bit but only with names and stuff. I realize Iowa is not there and thats because i'm not talking about my own team cause were all overpaid. I also realize that bidding was very tough and scarce so take that into consideration. I rated the offense, defense and goaltending from 1-10, I did biggest contract steal on the team, most overpaid on the team, strengths and weaknesses. Hopefully everyone enjoys it and respects what I’ve done, if not Flame on. Here it goes:

2. iTransitions

Ratings:
    +388 / 6 / -8
    Atlantic Division:

1.) Providence Bruins: This team stacked their team in offense and goaltending. 3 Solid Forward lines and 2 Starting goalies will take this guys to the playoffs. I see that EvilMonky and Greg will carry the defense pack on there backs. A lot of very strong forwards that I see and I know Couture and Zeno knew exactly what they wanted going into bidding.

Offense: 8
    Defense: 7.5
    Goaltending: 9
    Biggest Steal: Arguee @ 1.5M (Solid winger who moves the puck very well)
    Overpaid: xxEVILMONKYxx @ 4.5M (Good defenseman but 4.5 is a lot for anyone)
    Strength: 9 good forwards and 2 starting goalies.
    Weakness: I see two noticeable defensemen on this team. Luckily they got 2 solid tendys.

2.) Manchester Monarchs: Clancy and Craig are a really solid Management crew that will make this team solid. Former owner and Former Vezina winner, both Stanley Cup Winners, knew exactly what to do come bidding time. I see a lot of big names on this team. The thing that worries me is I don’t see a top line forward line. Expect Clancy and Kodiak to have crazy stats this year. Clancy and Craig will stay off the forums because they’ll say “ I CAN'T HEAR YOU WITH A STANLEY CUP RING IN MY EAR”.

Offense: 7.5
    Biggest Steal: Norbtron @ 500k (Solid winger with NHL exp. aka Killdozer31)
    Overpaid: BoogerSnap @ 4.5M (Boog has his strengths but he sometimes forgets to play D)
    Strength: A number of players with NHL experience
    Weakness: I see 9 good forwards but not a top line.

3.) Portland Pirates: This Portland team has some holes but they can be filled with a couple moves. I only see a couple names that I know but theres some talent spread out throughout the team. I see at least 6 good forwards, 2 decent defensemen and no starting goalie. I don't know either goalie but I know Creamy used to be Clancys back up in VHL Worcester days. Look for the offense to put up tons of goals to win this team games.

Offense: 7
    Defense: 6
    Goaltending: 7
    Biggest Steal: f2 tuxeed @ 500k (Top 50 LW who dominated the CHL)
    Overpaid: AceMailbox @ 4.75M (Steep price for a Dman but that happens when bidding is weak)
    Strength: Some very good forward depth
    Weakness: Lack of a Top D pair and a starting goalie

4.) Worcester Sharks: Cammi and Unknown both know a lot of players in this league but it doesn’t really show here. Not many names pop out to me here that are good, Pens might be good at forward but definitely not as good as goalie. Berrakov will probably stand on his head most of the games but if not then they will be ending up in the bottom. Frost is a good forward but doubt he’ll stay in the AHL if he does he will carry this teams offense. Drunk Noose will be drunk every game so have fun.

Offense: 6
    Biggest Steal: frost xi @ 1M (Used to be an NHL fwd, was pretty pissed when I skipped him in the draft)
    Overpaid: yann stjacques @ 4.75M (From what I remember he wasn’t that good)
    Strength: Having Berrakov might help but he can't win games for you. 3 Forwards.
    Weakness: No Top Paired Defense. No other offense.

5.) St John Icecaps: Ice Caps have some decent forwards on this team, but definitely not enough to make them contenders. I see one defensemen that I know in Maverik19 but one guy can only play 3 games but doesn't mean he will win all 3. Just like Woostah they have a solid goalie in Aerotonic so expect him to play strong for these guys. But there is a lot of good forwards that they have, JBidd, hicksy and naslund are all AHL caliber forwards.

Defense: 5
    Biggest Steal: Naslund x 19 @ 1M (NHL Exp, Top RW. Very Solid 6s Player, used to have him)
    Overpaid: Spliff n Rum @ 4M (I don't recall him being a 1st line superstar so 4M is a lot)
    Strength: Same as Worcester, One Top Line and a Starting Goalie to carry the weight
    Weakness: Defense is bad, Rest of their offense is bad.

3. iTransitions

Ratings:
    +388 / 6 / -8
    East Division:

1.) Hershey Bears: bergy is back at it. May not be dominant at the buttons, but sure as hell knows how to build cup contending teams. Bringing back the old line he had from vhl, getting Lightz and the boys and Having 2 NHL Caliber defensemen will help this team a lot. Goaltending may not be amazing but they’ll have a ton of support in front of them.

Offense: 8.5
    Defense: 8.5
    Biggest Steal: Trap Lord Berg @ 1M (Always Positive,Dominant player, Funniest guy ever)
    Overpaid: xxenu @ 3M (Drunk xxenu, he is a good dman. but a little much)
    Strength: There offense by far. They have 3 Solid chemistry based forward lines.
    Weakness: I don't see a starting goalie but there defense and offense will help them.

2.) Norfolk Admirals: Jay Rulez and Heimbecker. Click and His Bro, Jays Line, and 4 other pretty solid forwards is one of the things why Norfolk is solid. Defense led by Heimbecker himself with James, Zotto and Myke will be just enough to keep these guys in tight divisional games. Their goaltending is a little shaky, I know Dawgz but he is in the TC. Its ok that they have weak goaltending because they'll have enough support in front of them.

Defense: 8
    Goaltending: 6
    Biggest Steal: l Miss Epic l @ 500k (Biggest potty mouth in the league, Underestimated though)
    Overpaid: LethalMyke23 @ 2M (Great guy, ok defensemen,could’ve gone a better guy for 2M)
    Strength: Having 2 solid forward lines and a good defensive core
    Weakness: No goaltending talent. The guys in front will have to support a lot.

3.) WBS Penguins: Dr Dirty Dishes and Mr Unbelievable himself. Chuckles was the reason Rockford dominated everyone in the season and dominated us in the playoffs. Guy stands on his head while juggling samurai swords and eating daggers, hes RAW. Lots of great forwards on this team and when crass gets sent down they will be a little bit stronger. Their defense looks really weak, if they didn't have chuckles then I would start to worry. I see doughty.. have fun getting spammed. Im glad someone bid on him cause now I won't get spammed every 5 seconds.

Goaltending: 8
    Biggest Steal: xRAMPAGE69x @ 1M (Good center at a great price)
    Overpaid: l Doughty 8 l @ 500k (May end up being a good goalie but man is he annoying)
    Strength: DDD is good at getting a team to buy into a defensive system as proven with Rockford
    Weakness: Defense looks weak but with Chuckles in net they’ll still compete

4.) Syracuse Crunch: Their offense and goaltending are gonna hold this team in a lot of games. Looking at their offense I can see 5 solid forwards who can 100% compete at this level of hockey. I go to see their defense and say what? I recognize one name, CredibleTerror who was pretty good in the CHL. Then I look down to their goalies and say ok, they should be alright. I realize you might have some unknown defense but offense has gotta put a lot of numbers up or goaltending has to be lights out.

Biggest Steal: Sweetness WP34 @ 500k (Unknown center who is very smart defensively and offensively)
    Overpaid: Xx Lol xX 9 @ 4.5M ( Won the calder but I dont think hes a top center)
    Strength: Having a decent offensive core and 2 solid goalies in net.
    Weakness: Defense. Hope the goalies play unreal for the lack of D.

5.) Binghamton Senators: I could be far off on these guys, but only a few names pop out at me. Nothing really caught my attention with these guys, Maybe you guys can prove me wrong. Mayhem usually puts together decent teams, so hopefully it happens with this one.

Offense: 5
    Goaltending: 5
    Biggest Steal: King Kaddie @ 500k, pretty good dman. (Unknown and can hold his own)
    Overpaid: Nothing.
    Strength: Nothing.
    Weakness: I don’t see a top offense or defense line or a starting goalie.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  4. iTransitions

Ratings:
    +388 / 6 / -8
    1.) Albany Devils: Batman and Maxwell are tearin shit up again. I dont see any downfalls with this team right now, the only thing I don't know about this team is their backup goalie. Not a problem though because former AHL Vezina winner will help Albany be just as dominant as last season. Im sure their offense isn't as good as last season but, their defense is definitely stronger.

Defense: 9
    Goaltending: 8.5
    Biggest Steal: Shaker and Poop at 500k and 750k. (2 of the best forwards in the AHL chemistry wise)
    Overpaid: Maxwell at 0 JK <3. F5 @ 4.25 is a little much. (Penguin is good but they have 4D just as good and cheaper)
    Strength: Defense is gonna be a brick wall. Not much will go through them.
    Weakness: Backup goalie. Expect Give to play 6 games.

2.) Adirondack Phantoms: THE IRON STUB has definitely built his dream team. The former owner has finally decided to build a team that can be very very competitive in the AHL. Goaltending may be a little bit of a struggle, but expect the offense to definitely carry the workload for the Phantoms. I have no doubt that they will Finish top 2.

Goaltending: 6.5
    Biggest Steal: JDupuis15 @ 4.75M (Former Owner, Dominant 1st line Center for under 5M)
    Overpaid: joek5 @ 500k (Scouted him the other day, Played really bad, thought he fell asleep)
    Strength: Have 2 really strong forward lines and a good 3rd.
    Weakness: Dew Man and Joe k. both decent goalies, hopefully they hold their own.

3.) Springfield Falcons: Voracek and Brisan are both very known players and are gunna have a team who can compete in this division. They have 2 great goalies, I see shaun.. I give up with this team already.

Defense: 7
    Biggest Steal: NMAN09 @ 500k (Brisans D partner, who slipped through a lot of peoples plans)
    Overpaid: RandomMeat @ 4M (Could’ve resigned for cheaper, Is a solid 1st liner but u have Voracek already for 1st line)
    Strength: Having a steady core throughout the whole team. 2 solid goalies is perfect too.
    Weakness: Shaun.

4.) Hartford Wolf Pack: Offense, Offense, Offense. The crowd will be chanting DEFENSE all game long because I don’t see a whole lot of it. I also don't see a lot of anything besides big names on forward. If this offense can’t give any goal support then this team will end up in the gutter pretty quickly.

Biggest Steal: D x Doughty @ 500k (Good overall forward who will be solid)
    Overpaid: Khalifa l13l @ 5.5M (Pretty good forward but I think a little much)
    Strength: Their offense will carry the entire team. I see a lot of great names on forwards.
    Weakness: Goaltending, and defense is very weak.

5.) Bridgeport Sound Tigers: These guys definitely started from the Goalies and worked there way up. They have the GM in net who will keep them in games and AGM on defense who is very solid. Their offense is 100% their weak point, only 1 or 2 solid players up front. Look for the back end to hold them in those big games.

Biggest Steal: Potsy @ 0
    Overpaid: Meettopcheese @ 5M
    Strength: Their defense and goaltending are pretty solid.
    Weakness: I don't see a top line i see 9 decent forwards.

5. iTransitions

Ratings:
    +388 / 6 / -8
    North Division

1.) Rochester Muricans: Holy Shit Tits. Offense is completely stacked, Defense is completely stacked, and Thamps is a tank. Lets see, 2 Top Forward lines, 3 Good Defensemen and Thamps will get 6 games a week. K Slice and Shockerrrrrrrr wanted to build from offense down. K Slice will lead the forwards to victory and Shockerrrrr will lead the defensemen in dominance, watch for this team to dominate this division.

Offense: 9.5
    Defense: 8.5
    Biggest Steal: Frisky Q Kumber @ 750K (NHL Experience, If he stays in AHL He will be nasty)
    Overpaid: SouPerSaiyan @ 5.75M ( Was a decent help for Rockford last year, but Slice is #1)
    Strength: Unreal talent from top to bottom.
    Weakness: Backup goalie, three games may hurt but the guys in front should support enough.)

2.) Toronto Marlies: Kav (AKA Take Notes) and Hockey built a team with amazing depth from offense to goaltending. Kav Hockey and The Force are gunna be a dominant line as they used to play in the NHL together. Picking up Viper (if he plays) is a huge addition to this team. Looking at their defense and seeing 3 Solid defensemen will be enough to help out the 2 goalies they have in Lundin and Thomps. Thomps (Previous VHL Calder Cup Winner) will stand on his head when he needs to to help this teams success.

Biggest Steal: Ya Boii Thomps @ 500k ( Easily NHL Backups, has a calder cup under his belt to)
    Overpaid: ViperXX79 @ 5.75M (Yes, he dominates the NHL but will he play in the AHL?)
    Strength: Having Notes’ boys with him will help the offense a lot.
    Weakness: I see a top D pair and one more decent d. Will hurt during season.

3.) Utica Comets: Smitter is back but this time, he brought and even bigger and better AGM in arnooney. The reunited Ron and Nooner up front will be this teams top pair. But other guys like Vengeance, Defender, and Viktomize will help the workload even more. There defense is really there weak point, dcshoe is the only one I know and he is not top pair dman. Thankfully this team has two solid goalies and one being Billy. He can hold his own and hopefully he won’t have to do too much work.

Biggest Steal: Arnooney @ 0
    Overpaid: Viktomize @ 2M
    Strength: Having a nasty offense core will help there success
    Weakness: Having no top d pair will hurt them.

4.) Lake Erie Monsters: ERICE is always in the toughest division which is why I put him in 4th. He has a pretty solid team but the 3 teams ahead of him are a little bit better in each category. The weak part of this team is their defense. Ray Stanley (2bc RAY) and Funsley are the only 2 defensemen on this team that I recognize, Funsley is alright and Ray is pretty solid. Hopefully Eric trusts who he has so if he is cool with who he’s got then sounds good to me.

Biggest Steal: Ray Stanley @ 1.25M (Mr 2BC is a very shutdown defense and can hold his own)
    Overpaid: Funsley @ 1.5M (Not a great defensemen, great guy and dedicated but not the best)
    Strength: Big Rig will help them win plenty of games, and their top forward line will help out to.
    Weakness: Defense, I see one pair that may be decent but not much after that

5.) Hamilton Bulldogs: Don't know a fuckin thing about these guys, A whole lot of frenchies is what you can expect outta these guys. Tabernacle I see 3 names who I know on that team thats all, I dont expect these guys to do that good. Spezza hasn't taught his brother enough about the virtual hockey yet but he will catch on soon. Having a goalie at 7M is ridiculous if he can score goals for you then thats an amazing price. Hopefully he wins you games.

Goaltending: 7.5
    Biggest Steal: Rachas 13 @ 1.5M (NHL forward with a Stanley Cup ring on their TC)
    Overpaid: The Peeete @ 7M (Good goalie but his stats may been inflated by playing on defensive Albany)

6. iTransitions

Ratings:
    +388 / 6 / -8
    Midwest Division

1.) Rockford Ice Hogs: Jakey and The Boys + Leafs Man= Dominance. This team has everything, except for a starting goalie. Budz is good but I don't know if he could be a starter. With the defense that Rockford has being led by jagr the goalies should be ok. The offense, this scares me the most especially being in this division. Jake and his army of hogs will roll through most teams with the offense they have. I see 2 very solid lines, but then I see a shaky 3rd line. But the 2 lines will probably win 4 or 5 outta 6 games.

Biggest Steal: xxx jagr xxx 68 @ 1.25M (Former Owner, Lots of NHL experience, Solid Defensemen)
    Overpaid: NinjaCraziness @ 2.5M (A lot to pay a guy when you have budZzZ, who should be the starter)
    Strength: Solid Offense will help these guys out tremendously in big games.
    Weakness: Their goaltending. Their defense is decent but I only see a 1st pair.

2.) Grand Rapids Griffins: Tristn and turks, I don't know much about you guys but you definitely did the right things in bidding except for getting solid defense. Your offense looks pretty strong and with Viper in net you wont have to worry too much about many goals going in. Look for the offense to score plenty of goals and look for goalies to stand on their heads.

Defense: 6.5
    Biggest Steal: Savagex66 @ 500k If he shows up. (Solid 2 way center and a machine up front)
    Overpaid: Gee aRe E Bee @ 1M, doubt he shows up (Has experience in NHL as Forward not D)
    Strength: If everyone shows up and plays for these guys their offense is pretty sick.
    Weakness: Greb, Savage, Murph. I doubt they play but if they do you guys are set.

3.) Chicago Wolves: Trimboli Time was my backup in Colorado in S15 and now he's the starter for his own team in Chicago. Definitely a great guy and can stand on his head when he needs too. This teams defense and offense are both decent, I see some names that I know but not too many.

Biggest Steal: HEADSH0TxHUNTER @ 500k (Unknown Defenseman who was pretty good in the CHL)
    Overpaid: rainsilent @ 4.5M (Has NHL Experience but was only good for me in the AHL) ;)
    Strength: I see 9 forwards who can compete and 6 d who can play at this talent level
    Weakness: Spent a lot on a backup goalie, unless Trim is backup then thats good.

4.) Milwaukee Admirals: Milwaukee look shaky throughout the board. I recognize a couple names but nothing outstanding. There defense is the strongest thing they have this season, which is not a good thing at all. If prototype plays, him and macgyver will be there best 2 dmen. Looking at their forwards, headswiper is the only guy I recognize out of all of them. Having winkle and talbot in net may help out a little bit more but not enough to win them games.

Offense: 6.5
    Biggest Steal: BoltsnRay1109 @ 1M (Very good player with NHL exp)
    Overpaid: PrototypeX85 @ 3M (Doubt he even plays this season)
    Strength: Nothing.
    Weakness: Not having good offense and having weak defense will hurt.

7. iTransitions

Ratings:
    +388 / 6 / -8
    1.) Texas Stars: CONNOR, CONNOR, CONNOR. The Texas Newspaper headline is “Ghost decides to rape the entire AHL Bidding and is ready to dominate the AHL”. Im pretty sure odie and ghost put sleeping pills in every single GM’s water bottles because holy fuck this team is unreal. From Goaltending to Offense its stacked out the ass. If Abbotsford wasn’t in this division I would say that its a cake walk for Texas but they’ll have competition.

Offense: 10
    Biggest Steal: EVERYONE!
    Overpaid: thankyoujaco @ 6.5M (RFA Shenanigans, Solid Defenseman but thats a lot for him)
    Strength: 2 Solid Goalies, 3 1st Lines and 6 Unreal D. Be prepared to toss 1st lines at these guys.
    Weakness: Nothing.

2.) Abbotsford Heat: Mr. Perfect and KB are at it again building another dominant team. JESUS HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN THE GOALIE DEPTH MY GOD! Honestly, Goaltending is not an issue at all here. Live jordan is the problem. In all honesty you guys built a hell of team and I hope Vas does not sit on your TC lol.

Goaltending: 11 (Shoulda been 20, but Live Jordan.)
    Biggest Steal: Besides Vas, Blackhawk is a phenomenal goalie for 500k. (Vas is the god of goalies)
    Overpaid: Live Jordan @ 1.5M (Nuff said)
    Strength: Goaltending Depth is unbelievable. Abbotsford's Goalies > Calgary’s
    Weakness: Live Jordan, Lol JK. Vasilevski on TC.

3.) Oklahoma City Barons: Make your luck is a very underestimated person in the LG community. I've known him for 3 seasons and he is a pretty solid defensemen himself. I know plenty of guys on this team and the only reason they’re in 3rd is because the two teams ahead of them are solid as fuck. Plenty of good forwards, 3 or 4 Solid Defensemen but their goaltending is the worrying part. I have no idea who either goalie is, but I know Luck knows what hes doing so they’ll be good.

Biggest Steal: Clarkeskog @ 1M (Solid forward while in the Defensive Zone - Offensive Zone)
    Overpaid: Spoofology @ 5.75M (Decent Defensemen, Coulda spent 5.75 on better Dman)
    Strength: Their defense and offense are both solid. Luck will train these guys into better guys.
    Weakness: Don't think they have a solid starting goalie, could hurt them in the long run.

4.) San Antonio Rampage: San Antonio have some pretty good players throughout the whole team. Starting from the best part of their roster, there offense. 6 Solid forwards who have all dominated at one point in the AHL. Spooer, Zach and Quackz are the only 3 Defensemen I recognize and all 3 are very solid. Ein is not a starting goalie (no offense) and I don't know pivot. Ein is good but not good enough for a starting role in a tough division as well. The offense will score plenty of goals tho, and their defense will have to shut down everything for them to make a push.

Biggest Steal: kinklater 10 @ 1M (Solid forward can do the job when needed)
    Overpaid: Quackkz @ 3.5M (Solid defensemen but you have 3D over 2M)
    Strength: Offense throughout the board is very strong. 2 Solid Lines forsure
    Weakness: Not having a starting goalie and only having 1 shutdown Defense pair.

5.) Charlotte Checkers: WTF HAPPENED? It was like when Pooch and I took over the stanley cup washington team and just blew it up. This is what happened here in Charlotte. TDK Also has no AGM yet which could be a struggle at the beginning but he will find one soon I hope. I see a lot of bigger names but not enough to be a good team. TDK will be a massive help in net as he is a very dominant goalie.

Biggest Steal: TDK @ 0
    Overpaid: Death @ 1M
    Strength: Goaltending will steal a lot of games for this team this season.
    Weakness: Everything else. Alot of hate going on in Charlotte, hope it gets fixed.

8. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    [MENTION=6241]Boychuk X 55[/MENTION]

LG_Voracek
  9. iTransitions

Ratings:
    +388 / 6 / -8
    copying and pasting this is really annoying me, sorry guys trying my best to get everything up here.

10. iTransitions

Ratings:
    +388 / 6 / -8
    DONE! finally

11. Dr Dee

Dr Dee Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DEE#8124
    Ratings:
    +779 / 1 / -10
    [​IMG]

DrDee9
  12. b3rgy7

b3rgy7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG] GIFSoup

So close to getting 3rd lines from other PRs. Count on Tranny to know my VHL go-to line :(

Good job man, gonna be a awesome season. Thank for da luv.

No Streaming Account
  13. ViperXX79

ViperXX79 Southern Gentleman

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0

It's a legit question. I'll admit my give a fuck level for internet hockey has been pretty low the past year or so. We'll all find out together. I should probably get my Leg 3 before the season starts though.

No Streaming Account
  14. Yo itz Charlo

Yo itz Charlo I miss the basics

Ratings:
    +488 / 37 / -4
    Lol, we are bad, send us 3rd lines!!!!

No Streaming Account
  15. arnooney

arnooney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    Good read tranny, I'm also a fan of the multiple posts because it gets your thanks counter up much quicker ;)

arnooney
  16. Arguee

Arguee Third D-Man .

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Good work Tranny ! Thanks for the mention .
    Look forward to reading more .

No Streaming Account
  17. xX Z3NO Xx

xX Z3NO Xx Former 14+ Season Xbox CHL Commissioner

Discord:
    Zeno#9083
    Ratings:
    +2,571 / 54 / -97
    Nice writeup, but you give me too much credit. We all know I don't belong in the AHL. If I wasn't management then I wouldn't even be good enough to be on a CHL team.

xX_Z3NO_Xx
  18. b3rgy7

b3rgy7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Come on now Zeno, even doughty is in the AHL.

No Streaming Account
  19. ImJeff

ImJeff Five time PLB Champion Platinum

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    If Bridgeport finishes last in the division I'll straight up quit LG. And I won't back out like Chief did.

Starwood84
  20. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43

Ah shit

No Streaming Account