SOLUTION: Can't Connect to HUT / VS Games?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Darcy Kuemper, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Darse

Darse Knob Jockey

Discord:
    darcykuemper#0
    Ratings:
    +3,362 / 98 / -121
    Ever since the brand new Xbox Live Update has introduced us to worthless features such as asking Cortana to "invite your party to game" so you don't have to waste 5 more seconds of your life, it may have given you the honor of receiving the "Failed to retrieve data, please try again later" issue when searching for online games (Other than EASHL).

After speaking with 8-10 people from EA Support, Xbox Support, and my Internet Service Provider I have learned everything you need to know about how to fix your "Failed to retrieve data, please try again later" issue.

I have solved this issue about 4 times over the past year and each troubleshooting step has an equal chance of solving this issue.

(Before going through all the steps, there is one thing I need to mention. The last step I give you is the step that solved my issue, but some people do not have the patience to spend 2 hours re-downloading NHL 17, depending on your internet speed.)

(If Step 1 does not work, try Step 2. If Step 2 does not work, try Step 3. etc, etc, etc)

Step 1: Hard reset your Xbox One (3 ways)

1) Manually restart by holding down the power button on your Xbox One for 7+ seconds
    2) Unplug your Xbox One cord from the outlet
    3) Setting > All Settings > Power & Startup >Turn off or restart > Restart now

Step 2: Reset your router (2 ways)

1) Hard reset your Xbox One. While it is turned off, unplug your router (30 seconds - 5 minutes)
    2) Keep your Xbox One turned on and on the Home screen, unplug your router (30 seconds - 5 minutes)

Step 3: Delete the data from your NHL 17 (DO NOT "Delete All")

1) My Games & Apps > Games > Click "start" while hovering over NHL 17 > Manage Game > Saved Data > click "start" while hovering over your gamer tag > Delete Saved Data

Step 4: Delete your account from your Xbox One, then re-download your account. (This worked for me a few months back)

1) Settings > All Settings > Account > Remove Accounts
    2) Re-download your account back onto your Xbox One

Step 5: NAT type must = "Open" or "Moderate"

1) if not: Settings > All Settings > Network > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address > Clear (Xbox will restart)
    2) If NAT type is still strict or you are still receiving the error code when searching for a game, You must call your Internet Service Provider and request a "Port Forwarding". When on the phone, you will ask them, "Can you open my port so that the NAT type is open / moderate rather than strict". Your Internet Service Providers will have all the information they need (port #'s) to complete the port forwarding. If for some reason they do not have your port #'s, you can obtain them by calling EA sports support. Your Internet Service Provider will ultimately reset your router and ask you to hard reset your Xbox One. Once reconnected your NAT type should be "Open / Moderate" and you should be able to connect to HUT / VS games without any issues.

Contact EA Sports: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

All Port #'s that are needed to be open for Xbox Live to work are:

Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)
    Step 6: Uninstall your NHL 17 from your Xbox One, then re download it (This solved my issue)

1) My Games & Apps > Games > click "start" while hovering over NHL 17 > Uninstall
    2) My Games & Apps > Ready to Install > click "start" while hovering over NHL 17 > Install

If all else fails, maybe its a sign that you should sell your game.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    In World of CHEL
    DKuemps