Setting Preferences

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by DeNMaN, Apr 9, 2004.

1. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Someone else (Vokoun is his savior) caught this and mentioned it. I was under the impresion that we play on AllStar :twisted: .

No Streaming Account
  2. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Duh, you're right. Typo on my part. I meant we play on AllStar, instead of Hall of Famer or whatever the next level up is.

No Streaming Account
  3. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  4. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll take Paul Byrd over Barry Zito any day. :)

No Streaming Account
  5. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    roy oswalt is really awesome in this game moreso even than roger clemens. i love paintin corners with the 12-6 curve

No Streaming Account
  6. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love crushing the 12-6 curve over the fence... refer to my games vs big red. :D

No Streaming Account
  7. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    a 12-6 is pretty hard to hit when its comin after a 98 mph heater

No Streaming Account
  8. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You throw it I'll hit it. :twisted:

No Streaming Account
  9. mnkytrix

mnkytrix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I have played a few games on both All-Star and Pro and the difference against GOOD players is not that different. With that said, I think that Pro is going is still going to establish the stronger players from the not-so strong players. If we play with All-Star, it will be too frustrating for some players and the league will fold. Two good players can still put up realistic scores with realistic pitch counts and not a lot of HRs. I will still test this, but right now, my vote is for Pro to make the league more enjoyable for ALL. :)

No Streaming Account
  10. killermonkey

killermonkey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I lean towards All-Star... because as the learning curve increases Pro will probably get a little crazy in the runs department... maybe.

But... I played a very fun game on PRO last night... as a pitcher I was really nervous about hanging one over...

I definitely see XBOXJOHN's point... but what I don't like is that I just don't feel that I have control over the pitching very much... it's kind of dumb and frustrating.

Do we go to a level that makes pitching a little more random because people don't know how to lay off pitches yet and need a free bone every once in a while?

I don't know... I'll play either way... but I DEFINITELY think we should use 2-Button!

No Streaming Account
  11. MixMasterMike

MixMasterMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think we should worry about "if the scoring gets outta hand on whatever difficulty later in the season," because it's just our first season anyway. If this does happen and it's absolutely insane, then oh well, it's alright... it's only our first season, and we'll make the necessary changes for next season. The first season in any new sports game is basically a testing one anyway, so I kinda think we should look at it like that for now.

No Streaming Account
  12. wawasman

wawasman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive yet to try a game on anything other than Pro, but i tend to side with the school of thought that says we should choose settings that make the game more comfortable/ennjoyable for the many rather than the few...i would think on Pro, more people would have a fighting chance, rather than get blown away on All-Star....but majority rules, and im cool with whatever....personally, i also prefer the 1-button swinging method

No Streaming Account
  13. macteago

macteago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I voted Pro (One Button) Although I am fine with 2 button.

I have played games on Pro, All Star and Legend. I can hang in any of them but I quickly come back to Pro for the fun level.

It's so automatic to strike someone out on All Star. I don't even really have to think about it. Just pick a ptich and throw. Where as with Pro, you have to be strategic. Remember 6-7 k's a game should be the average for starters. Great Starter may get over 10, but to get that every game is ludicrous.

Pro is more about getting them to hit a pitch in a location that well give up a week hit, or a grounder into a double play, or an infield pop up when they have a runner on 3rd with one out. That is baseball, it is not come in and stike out the side.

The more I play the more I improve at PITCHING than Hitting. That lends me to believe that you should go with a skill set that favors the hitters, because players are going to get better and better at hitting corners, changing speeds, etc...

On Pro it is strategy, on All Star it is muscle, see who can strike out who!

No Streaming Account
  14. dan53080

dan53080 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I played a couple on Pro and Allstar last night and there really is no difference....I still lose.......Even though I am a die hard Brewers fan, I still feel they can compete at any level. I think it all comes down to patience batting. When you are a free swinger(as I am in most cases) it is tough as hell to hit the ball...But if you can get up 2-1 3-0 it is alot easier. Just as in real baseball.....I say we should use the Allstar settings, but I will play if it is Pro anyways....The two button is the best though, because you have control over your swing........ Mostly I have played exhibitions with burnt canuck, canehdian, and deliberto and the games all seem to be somewhat close.(That is if Wes Obermueller isnt pitching for me).....Anyone that wants to play some practice games send me an invite GT Dan53080.....Go Brewers (Yes I am Nuts!!!)

No Streaming Account
  15. killermonkey

killermonkey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    DUH!!! I just realized that you can get into the options screen from the team select screen by hitting "X".

My suggestion for the league is to turn off the strike zone... it's actually easier to see the pitches and makes working the strike zone alot more fun... because your going solely on the look of the pitch and not how well it lines up with that STUPID FRIGGIN box. NicE!!!!! Yeah!!!!

Plus you can turn off Auto Pop Up fielding.... another thing that kind of looks better, but from a gameplay standpoint is kind of dumb.

You can also turn the pitch speed to real... which I'm not sure what this does....

Point being.... there are several other options here to look at for the league. I vote for all of the above... especially if you're going to play on PRO.

Also... most of this comes from a post on the XBOX forums... where they also mention that All-Star has all the sliders right down the middle.... not sure what PRO does to the sliders....

TURN OFF THE STRIKE ZONE!!!!

No Streaming Account
  16. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you about the auto pop fly lock and strikezone.. i mean if this league is going for sim we should definitely turn that junk off. I informed denman and staff of the extra options by pressing X a while back so I'm sure denman will take a look into some of them.

No Streaming Account
  17. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    YES YES YES.

I didn't see this stuff until now and I completely agree.

Turning off the strike zone display would be great, as would be turning off the auto pop up stuff.

No Streaming Account
  18. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not to mention the greatest thing of all that lowly brewers can be sent packing to where they belong... the AL!!! :D

No Streaming Account
  19. mnkytrix

mnkytrix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The game is much more fun to play without the stupid box - It makes both pitching and hitting more enjoyable.

No Streaming Account
  20. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    AMEN!

Gajeske85