Season 9 Team Projections

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by xxxOpie24xxx, Mar 3, 2016.

1. xxxOpie24xxx

xxxOpie24xxx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 4 / -4
    I'll start by saying I have not played with or against many of the people here. This is meant to have an open discussion and I'll be objective as I can be with my projections.

Toronto Raptors: Dan is a force to be reckoned with. He's one of the best bigs around when it comes to rebounding and putting up solid offensive numbers. Him as Jonas is going to be tough to stop. The rest of the Raptors are EBA players who claim to be great so I'll just leave it at that and see if what they say actually holds true.

-With that being said I still feel this may be the team to beat, maybe that is just because they've placed a huge target on their head. Anything less than a 1st place finish in the regular season would probably be a disappointment for them.

New York Knicks: This team is going to compete. I've seen them playing together often in various scouting games and they are going to have a strong duo of bigs. Scrat (Masil1) is underrated, I've played with him on the T'wolves last season and I predict him producing big for this team. Surrounding them is a group of guys who play really well and they play unselfishly. My only question mark for this team is their point guard position.

-The Knicks should look to finish this season somewhere in the top 5, although I believe they could secure the #2 spot this season. Sorci could be the deciding factor for this team. If he plays well with Melo then they will be tough to stop for sure. It boils down to his consistency in my opinion.

Utah Jazz: Bingo has quietly put together a team that is going to compete for a "chip" this season. He has a trio of Opie, trost24, and THEE WATERBOY that brings lots of chemistry to this team. Whiteboy is moving to PF this year looking to make some noise with Favors (no more cherries for him) and Kludgy can easily average 20 pts and 15 reb this year at center. Bingo has been looking pretty solid with Hayward so far in games I've played with him.

-Utah is looking to win a championship this season. They may not blow you away but this team will play well together and should finish in the top 5. I project them as the 3rd best team when the season ends. A lot is riding on Bingo this year as he looks to take more of a scoring role instead of playing point guard this year.

Milwaukee Bucks: AKA has drafted quite the team this season. He has MattTheCoolCat who has proven to be the type of player you want on your team. He can score with just about anyone on just about anyone. A few steals he got in the bidding process was W1K84 and johnrackinmoney. The verdict is still out on these guys but I think they will contribute a lot to this team. The big positive on this team is their depth. Both lines should be able to compete with just about anyone.

-The Bucks have players that put up some solid scoring numbers. They look to put up a bunch of points and that's why I project them in the top 5 as well competing with the Jazz and Pelicans for the 3rd place spot. For me it's just the lack of knowledge on a few of their players that prevents me from moving them up any higher. Prove me wrong fellas!

New Orleans Pelicans: The Pelicans have Mason as AD. I could just end conversation right there because that's scary enough. He should be again in the conversation for MVP this season considering now he has a jump shot at his disposal. ManVSPancake is going to score at will, not sure where they may play him this season but regardless the man is going to get his buckets. Gigs is a solid player who has played with Mason before so he brings chemistry to the table. Wzia brings a huge price tag so we will see if he puts up the numbers worthy of that contract.

-The Pelicans without question are going to have some dominant big men this season. AD is a beast and he will most likely be the focal point of this team. Mason can easily put up MVP numbers again, but it is the rest of the team that could prevent them from finishing in the top 3. The talent on the Pelicans roster simply isn't there so it will be interesting to see what kind of production we get from the rest of the members on Mason's team. With that being said I think they should look to finish top 5 for sure and be competing with the Jazz and Bucks for that 3rd spot.

Portland Trailblazers: The best thing that happened to this team was snagging Daffadome. However he doesn't have a dominant player this year at the big man position. No doubt in my mind will he rebound like crazy but the offensive part may be hard to come by this year. Darkishlarry looks to live up to his "cornerstone" player role this season. For this team it is going to come down to having great performances from their guards. In order for this team to do well Daff will have to put up another MVP type season.

-The Trailblazers are a bit of a wild card to me. Having Daffadome certainly helps your team but I'm not sure he has a big man that can carry this team like Drummond did last season. Whoever is playing the 1 and 2 is going to have to perform big if this team wants to crack the top 5 at the end of the season. I predict they just fall short finishing in 6th place.

Indiana Pacers: The Pacers are an interesting team, they spent big money on both Hydrohunter and Sportfreak. It'll be interesting to see who Hydro is going to play as considering what they bid to get him. Sportfreak is a respectable point guard and he should excel with George Hill. Meettopcheese was a solid big for the Bulls last season so I expect him to hold his own with either Turner or Ian. SGT Rolston was looking for guys who could play team basketball so we will see if that is indeed what happens in Indy.

-The Pacers are one of the better teams selected. Now it is up to the players to perform with these players. Paul George is going to have to score for this team to be effective. Monta Ellis has a tough jumper so good luck to whoever uses him. I feel like this may win a few surprising games but overall I don't think they have enough talent to finish any higher than 6th this season. I project them finishing 7th.

Orlando Magic: Joose decided to go with a "cornerstone" player in Clippa. Clippa is going to have to serve as this teams go to player in order to win. Joose and Nightmare seem to have brought some new faces to the league and paid a hefty price for sleekspawn. It will be interesting to see where the scoring will come from on this team. Aaron Gordon could be a big threat and Vucevic can step out and shoot as well.

-The Magic are going to need everyone to contribute in order for this team to succeed. The scoring is going to have to come from various players each game. I don't see one guy standing out for this team but maybe this season they are looking for Sleek to become that player. No offense to the Magic but I don't see this team competing for a championship this season. I predict them finishing in 8th with an outside shot of beating out the Pacers and/or Blazers for the 6th spot.

That wraps up my thoughts and predictions guys. Remember to take these with a grain of salt, I haven't seen a lot of you guys play but I look forward to it this season! Feel free to discuss more I'll try to check out your comments as much as I can. Here's to having a great season, good luck everyone!

• Like Like x 7
    Xxxopie24xxx
  2. SORCI2288

SORCI2288 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -6
    I enjoyed this, very accurate honestly and very true

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. AkaBalla2k

AkaBalla2k Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -7
    Great job.. Awesome read..

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. Nep Neppy

Nep Neppy Hockey’s Greatest Weeb

Ratings:
    +262 / 19 / -44
    Good job

Darkishlarry
  5. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Wow... Very good job. Thoughtful, unbiased, respectably written.

Wish I could see more like this.

• Like Like x 1
    BingoKing91
  6. Daffadome

Daffadome Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -11
    This makes the IDontLoseMuch's projection look like shit lol

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  7. dantheman896

dantheman896 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 4 / -5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Post Kobe

Post Kobe Reformed

Ratings:
    +114 / 38 / -173
    Shit because i was telling the truth? People say i was unbiased but everyone knows the Raps will be #1. Not gonna argue about it though.

• Troll Troll x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    iDontLoseMuch
  9. trost24

trost24 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -2
    Lol this guy^^^

No Streaming Account
  10. Post Kobe

Post Kobe Reformed

Ratings:
    +114 / 38 / -173
    ^My Boy

iDontLoseMuch
  11. Jsnyder5

Jsnyder5 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 4 / -5
    Very good read

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Daffadome

Daffadome Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -11
    It's not because you were "telling the truth" It's because it wasn't well put together. Obviously Opie put time into making his projections, instead of coming up with a one sentence predictions based on who hates you and who you get along with.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Post Kobe

Post Kobe Reformed

Ratings:
    +114 / 38 / -173
    Pretty sure i never mentioned i hate anyone & yeah i typed it up in like a minute but it is what it is ;)

iDontLoseMuch
  14. xxxOpie24xxx

xxxOpie24xxx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 4 / -4
    Thanks fellas. I don't mind writing up stuff from time to time especially since it gained some traction today. I might try and put a few things up here and there throughout the season.

• Like Like x 2
    Xxxopie24xxx
  15. Masil1

Masil1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -1
    Awe @xxxOpie24xxx , such kind words about me. Lmao , I like the way you think brother , good well thought put together piece of art. Nice job !

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Sportfreak114

Sportfreak114 They don't ask how, they just ask how many

Discord:
    sportfreak114#0
    Ratings:
    +455 / 28 / -37
    I'm gonna have to live up to this excell with George hill and my 4 million dollar contract. Great write up

No Streaming Account
  17. Doumbia 4 MVP

Doumbia 4 MVP Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My line will lose 1 game max.

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Doumbia 4 MVP

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Pelicans are finishing top 3 guaranteed

No Streaming Account
  19. Post Kobe

Post Kobe Reformed

Ratings:
    +114 / 38 / -173
    You'll get blown out every time against my line just like you did in the scrim game.

iDontLoseMuch
  20. Doumbia 4 MVP

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    You won by 4. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account