PSN Season 4 Write Up - By Division

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by frostx17, Feb 2, 2017.

1. frosty l7l

frosty l7l looking for a team

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    Based on the below predictions, this is my season final standings sorted by points only.

Capture.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Metropolitan Division

1. Washington Capitals

Since their storied run in Season 1 of LG PSN where they took the Cup winning Lightning to 7 games, the Capitals have been less than stellar finishing in the lower half of the league for the last two seasons. Game after game, Washington continued to underperform (much like their real life counterparts) in the games that matter. This season, however, things tend to look significantly better for the Caps as they enter Season 4.

The roster transformation has been nothing short of a complete overhaul in D.C. After swapping rosters with @NUKE Freeman, new owner @x Braydenn and his GM @SJUSoccer9 have shown they are determined to change the stigma surrounding the Caps in LG. As one of the league’s top defenseman, and one of the best centers in the game on either console, the expectations to put together a top end roster is extremely high.

Forwards:

Winning @Walls0fJ3richo for 4 mil in RFA, and trading for @Pacioretty__67, @LaPlante94, and Chuck Vegas x began the transformation of this roster. It was important that they had a few mid priced guys in order to know how much they would have in bidding to spend on top tier guys. Then the real work began. Winning @GB521 at 9.25 mil seems like a high price, but is worth every penny. Having the center depth of Soccer, GB, and LaPlante gives Washington the best top to bottom center depth in the league. Filling out the rest of the forwards with low priced, but effective players, should allow Washington to put up big numbers in games. I only wonder if @CFairman7 will ever get a response for his minute by minute questions!

Defense:

Winning @mashle93 for 4.5 mil may end up being the steal of the draft. Especially when some of his xbox counterparts pushed 10 mil for the same position. Adding the vet @SweeT 9 LoU 84 to his arsenal makes this defensive core one to watch out for. The main goal for this defense is to hold off long enough for the high powered offense to do what it does best… score.

Goalies:

@Clancy47 and @Ledhed18 for 500k is an absolute steal for Washington. I expect Clancy to carry most of the load for this team, but Led will be a formidable tendy when he plays. Much like the defense, the tendy’s just need to hold the other team off long enough for the offense to go to work.

I think this is definitely one of the teams to beat in the eastern conference. I said it in the bold predictions thread that I thought they would win the Stanley Cup S4 in 6 games. I still think this is true. Watch out for them to be a force in the East.

Regular Season: 54 - 21 - 7

2. New Jersey Devils

@JClaus33 inherited one of the better rosters coming in to Season 4 as a new owner. This team was one of the best teams down the stretch of Season 3, and could have made a few upsets along the way for a cup run. This roster had quite a few returning players, and didn’t need much going into bidding to fill out the remaining pieces.

Forwards:

@JClaus33 is one of the best centers on PlayStation, and has the ability to change the dynamic of a line. Having @Alexdrum100 and @Flapjack8796 should allow Jersey to have plenty of center options heading into the season. @Schwartz_x9 should be reunited with Claus to have a strong top line. This forward group will definitely score quite a bit of goals in Season 4. Getting eZ Dangles (I mean @DirtyMittz change my name right before bidding starts to avoid the snake list lol) at 500k will help the cause along the way.

Defense:

@Odieeeeee and @officialmark07 together combine to be one of the strongest d pairs in the league this season. They will be able to stop any top line in its tracks, and pose the biggest threat to teams like Washington hoping to come out of the Eastern Conference. @KyleY12 will round out the second pairing, but there isn’t much depth on defense behind the top pair. This may be the Achilles heel of Jersey this season if they fall short.

Goalies:

@Bealski is one of the more under rated goaltenders in my opinion. He makes key saves when needed, and will do his part in keeping the team in the game. @ryno1354 has played his fair share of games in net, and took a hometown discount from playing forward to come play with Claus in New Jersey.

I think this team poses the biggest threat to the Capitals in the playoffs as their top line can match up with the best of them in LG. My I think they could pull off an upset here and there that may shake things up. @JClaus33 knows what he is doing in building a roster though, and I expect nothing more from him than a successful season.

Regular Season: 51 - 25 - 6

3. Columbus Blue Jackets

I actually like what Columbus did through the draft, and think they did alright in bidding as well. They could have gotten a few other guys on defense, but I believe they just were outpriced more than anything. People rag on @Gostisbehere53, but he and @x4HxPESTILENCEx have themselves a pretty decent team in the making. I would not be surprised if they shocked a few teams this season with how good they actually are.

Forwards:

@xEberle14x (aka Headshot) will need to have a great season for Columbus to make any sort of impact over the course of the season. He has a few really good pieces on the roster to work with in @j_marz25, and the other draft picks should make an impact this season. If @J_Tryhard_412, @I2I-Way-Hockey, and @Fliq71- play as good as I expect them to, this team will be a playoff bound team in the east. As much as people hate on @Gostisbehere53, he is good enough at this game to be a solid second line winger.

Defense:

I’m not completely sold on this rosters defensive core in its current state, and feel this is the one area they need to upgrade on if they want to solidify the roster. @M-A-Skotlas20 will bring you McD’s in -20 Celsius weather, so you know he has that shit on lock on the ice. He has literal ice in his veins. @Matty_A_31 will be tasked with shutting down many teams top lines, but the depth just isn’t that great for this roster.

Goalies:

@x4HxPESTILENCEx has the luxury of having @Biglambers with him on the roster to backstop this roster. Both are going to face quite a few shots this season, but will need to be a brick wall if they want to win enough games to make the playoffs.

If this team doesn’t explode from the inside, they have a solid group up front. I just don’t think they have a strong enough game 7 lineup today to beat a team like Washington, or New Jersey in this division. I see them making a move as the season progresses to sure up the blue line. If they properly use @Gostisbehere53, and the many other forwards, this team will be the surprise team of Season 4. Everyone expects them to fail based on Gost’s reputation, but it’s not a bad team.

Regular Season: 45 - 26 - 11

4. Carolina Hurricanes

@Raz-Orr is in his 4th term as Owner of the Hurricanes, and looks to build off a disappointing season. He had great success in his first two runs in LG, and I expect this to be a rebound season for him in Carolina. I think his roster needs to step up to the challenge if they plan to go deep into playoffs.

Forwards:

@Reps_71 is one of the players that surprised me in bidding with how low he actually was. For his contract price of 2.5 mil, he is one I consider a bidding steal. He will put up around 70 points for Carolina this season, and should play in quite a few meaningful games for the Hurricanes this season. @Le-TKeSS was snatched from the Kings who were undoubtedly trying to unite him with his buddy @Reddy in Hollywood. I expect a line of @Reps_71, @Le-TKeSS, and @Novak4Prez to carry the torch for the Canes the majority of the season. If they can get secondary scoring from @deadlykush204 line after they bring up @PoopinSince95, they may do better than what I think.

Defense:

I really like what @Raz-Orr did with the defense core here. @TheEndOfACircle is a great defenseman that will support the line in front of him with great break out passes. @Rishkoi as a free contract will help bring another solid d-man on a free contract. I just don’t know if outside of the top three they have enough to stop the other offensive powers in the Metro/League... even after they bring up @TheKaner_88, and BossRoss_FD.

Goalies:

The Canes bid on @quick_scope_14 for their pipes who looks to be the potential back-up goalie to their draft pick of @DoubleZERO33. I’m not sure if they plan on bringing up Grimlax as well, but Zero should provide solid goaltending for the next two seasons. He will do more than ok for Carolina.

The more I talk about this team, and analyze their roster, I want to put them higher up. I just think there are a few things that need to fall in place for them to really meet their expectations heading into this season.

Regular Season: 43 - 22 - 17

5. Pittsburgh Penguins

Pittsburgh to me is a team that has the make up to do good things, but I’m not quite sold on the composition to put them higher than what I have. @toslick comes in with @Hardik88 looking at replacing the majority of their roster up front, while holding what I consider to be the best goaltender in the game in net entering bidding.

Forwards:

@Karlsson_MVP was a player that many forgot about going back just a few short seasons ago. In one season in the ahl, he put up massive goal totals (67), and 87 points. It was obvious he was the next Ovechkin of LG with a meager +31 that season until he fled to the KHL in hiding. His re-emergence as a goal scorer is sure to put him on top of the team with goals scored. @sobo18, @GreatestEver, and @Runlikeheii- are going to need great numbers if this team is planning on exceeding my own personal expectations of this roster going into Season 4. My biggest concern for this roster is the lack of center depth. The middle is not very strong with this group.

Defense:

@Hardik88 and @stay_at_homed will need to backpack a rather weak d core. Almost all of this teams cap was spent up front, and left minimal funds for the back end of the roster. @Local-463 has been a guy that has flown under the radar playing on top teams like Chicago, so he could be a surprise force moving into Season 4. Overall, the lack of a back end to me will be the downfall of this roster.

Goalies:

As I stated before, @KingKonz- is bar none the best goalie on both Xbox and PlayStation. He will single handedly win games for the team, and is a one of the better human beings in LG from my experience with him. @Bmidg2121 is a solid goalie as well, and could be the top goalie should they move Konz. The Pens used their only pick in the first round to pick up @H-spartan-G so keeping Konz seems pointless when they could use the cap to increase the depth on defense. Rumor has is it a deal was in the making, but snakes came out from hiding.

I expect this roster to win a number of games, but am not sure it has the defensive depth to push on. I can see them going back to the team they had a deal worked with for Konz to clear cap for another defenseman. Spartan is a solid goalie, and will win games for them. Keep an eye out for Pittsburgh to be make or break as we move into the middle of Season 4.

Regular Season: 38 - 28 - 16

6. Philadelphia Flyers

New owner @IIChEcKMaTeII and GM @Dxwny are going to have their hands full heading into Season 4. They started off this season dumping a few contracts in order to get @x-Skinner-_53_-, @Mesmerize-_-, and @B-Bunny before bidding began. They had a few good draft pickups in @Bry2230 and @PolynomC as well. Without having many free contracts available, they were able to put together a decent team. I’m not quite sure they will be considered the broad street bullies yet, but they have done better than expected with the cap and roster they were given to start with.

Forwards:

At first glance, it is hard to peg who will be slated as the Flyers “Top Line”. They have quite a few good players in their own right, but there isn’t a pairing that I would consider as a lethal threat in comparison to other rosters in the league currently. The individual skill on the roster, however, will be enough to put goals on the board in Philly, and should be enough to keep the games competitive.

Defense:
    Load the glock, because @Dxwny will need to be the modern day Erik Karlsson of this roster. It isn’t hard to notice that outside of Downy, there isn’t another big name defenseman on the roster to help shut down the opposition. You can expect to see him playing the top 3 opponents each week in order to give the team a chance. That is not to say that @Bry2230, and @ooassisin won’t have decent seasons… it is more to say they just don’t have the depth you would want to see in a playoff team.

Goalies:

@G0in__21 and @Alexcleroux1995 are going to need to get a lot of practice at stopping odd man rushes as that seems to be the inevitable fate of Philly this season. I expect this tandem to see more shot on goal than most other goalies this season, but think they have a chance to at least keep them in games.

Like I said before, I believe Downy and Check have done the best they can with what they started with, but feel this will be a two season project for Checkmate. I think these two are smart enough to do it, but will need some help from their roster sticking through the ups and downs to make the best of the hand they were dealt.

Regular Season: 34 - 34 - 14

7. New York Rangers

@Jetup91 is entering his 4th season as owner in the league with the Rangers, and actually think he did an ok job with bidding and drafting. He made an attempt at getting better pieces for forward in order to solidify his roster, but I don’t believe it was enough to push him over the edge. As someone who was in the Metro division last two seasons, I have played a number of games against this roster. They have always made the game somewhat respectable, but never have enough to get over the top. Will this be the season they do? Time will tell…

Forwards:

Hopefully the same fate of @AgentSooksta008 does not fall on @jeff0012 and @coorsi88. The rangers have been a team that offensive players go to die the last three seasons due to a lack of a supporting cast. I do think that @Jetup91 has done enough this time around, however, to at least provide supporting cast to help his top end players in the offensive zone. I just don’t think it will be enough to sustain a push at a good season as the majority of the roster lacks the push needed to score goals at will.

Defense:

I am really fond of both @Nino_Nemasis and @Vito_Corleone on defense from the draft, and feel like they have a good shot at surprising people in the games they play in. They will be highly sought after in terms of the trade market, and if I was Jetup, I would strongly consider the offers they get to upgrade their roster. @XIBIGMUMMYIX will need to anchor the d-core after an average season if the Rangers want to win games.

Goalies:

@paigeisraddd is returning as GM this season, and will need to improve on a mediocre season from the one she is coming off of. She will need better support in the offensive zone, and help from other areas to improve. @Borje_Salming_21 has the chance to be effective if the same applies when he is in net as well.

I honestly want this team to do better than where I have placed them, but history shows this team will just not be that good. Season 1 they had 46 wins, then 33, then 26 wins. The downward trend ironically came as better players came into the league. While I believe they will improve somewhat from last season, I highly doubt it will be by that much. In my opinion, this may be the make or break season from @Jetup91 to see if he can make it in the league as an NHL owner.

Regular Season: 30 - 42 - 10

8. New York Islanders

I kind of put @sazer15 in the same category as Jetup in the sense that they are on their last chance to show they have the ability to make a winning team. Going into his 4th season, Sazer is a guy I really like, and want to do well each season. Unfortunately, like the Rangers, the Islanders have finished at the bottom of the league in terms of record. They bid on Crazylish after he refused to resign with them, and he quit the league which drastically hurt his chances of moving him for another suitable pick. Common sense would tell you that a guy who refused to resign for less than he went in bidding would probably not want to play there if you did win him afterwards.

Forwards:

This roster has a few good pieces in @rich2k8, @ovechkin8jr, and @Mattson, but there is nothing that really jumps off the paper to say these guys will make a difference. Lish would have been that guy, but we know how that story ended. There are good players here on the roster, but Sazer will be forced to play them above their abilities in higher lined roles. That will be the downfall of this roster as I see them struggling to net the puck in the offensive zone.

Defense:

@donkeyX looks to have a rebound year after holding a huge salary for Minnesota in past LG seasons. I think he is one of the guys that will need to step up big for this team to have success. The same can be said about @ll_Larkin_71_II who has made the transition to his natural position on LD from forward. After playing with him in Pittsburgh, I believe he is a guy that has the potential to surprise quite a few people. The biggest concern is like on offense, there is not enough defensive depth to compete with the rest of the league top to bottom in my opinion.

Goalie:

@sazer15 has shown that he can win games when I’ve clubbed against him before. I don’t believe he will be the reason why goals are scored as much as I believe the lack of overall talent in comparison to the lines they will be getting will be. Same goes with the back up of @C_Hines5.

I really hope that @sazer15 proves me wrong, because I think he is a great guy. I just don’t see his roster as one that has the chance to push into that next level. Unfortunately I believe they will be at the bottom of the league looking up, unless by some miracle, the roster exceeds its ability.

Regular Season: 26 - 49 - 7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Central Division

1. Chicago Blackhawks

If there is one thing that has been constant more than anything else these first three seasons of LG PSN, it has been that the Blackhawks are going to be good. @HurrichaneScoot has been the one owner that has been able to reload, and retool, his 500k supporting army to build a cup winning team. I have said it before, and I’ll say it again, Scoots puts in the most time of any owner in the league and it shows. I’ll be the first guy in line to rag on good guy Scoots (I actually do like the guy), but he knows what he is doing. In the first three seasons, Scoots has not finished with less than 120 points, and was one win shy of hitting the 60 wins mark for the second time of his tenure. Even though Scoots is playing in the best division of LG this season, it is safe to say they are the team with the biggest bullseye on them entering Season 4.

Forwards:

When you think of Chicago, you think of the force they have up front. @CCPiper, @Class_Act_27, and @Str8Syko__ are among the best forwards in the league and game. The addition of @jay6219 should help give Chicago two solid lines assuming Jay’s availability stays good. @JayProulx should have another productive season while he continues to win game after game. @JayProulx is now 28-3-3 with the Hawks, and could eclipse the 50 win mark this season. As long as the 3rd line can win enough games to keep them in the playoffs, they should be fine. If not, I’m sure Scoots will find some that can.

Defense:

@P t P 10 and @Stiivii-66 are back this season to hold down the fort as the Hawks enter Season 4. Both are excellent in their positions, and will undoubtedly anchor the game 7 line if it gets there again. The fact Boston didn’t take @P t P 10 still blows my mind. @Desjy99 is the silent assassin with the group, and is one of the more underrated defenseman on the roster. The fact Scoots could get @King__Ramon, and @kentontrace for 500k ensures that the back end for Chicago will be just fine.

Goalies:

Picking up @Kerns for 2 mil was a solid pickup. He has a lot to live up to after @V1P3R2106 pulled a Luongo and took his talents to Toronto. I have a feeling he will get at least a goal for support in his games with this roster, and has two seasons to show Scoots he is an upgraded over the former King in net. @Sacdiesel313 will do just fine as well. If both tendy’s make a few saves, they are sure to get help on the front end.

Even though I put Scoots first in the division, they will have a much tougher road to the cup than any of the three seasons prior to this one. The depth in the Central division is bar none the best in the league, and winning first place will be key to match lines properly come playoff time. You can’t discount what they have done leading up to this point, and I expect them to be the division kings again.

Regular Season: 51 - 24 - 7

2. Winnipeg Jets

I struggled to put @Panda_I25I in second place because I believe they are one of the top teams in the Western Conference for Season 4. I think the Jets are the one team that Scoots has to worry about as they have a roster that can match up against the Blackhawks line for line. The Xbox presence is pretty large on this roster which definitely helped Panda get guys cheaper than market value. The fact they were able to spend 16.5 mil on the spooks speaks volumes to the roster they have in place.

Forwards:

How can you not start with the spooks line when looking at their forwards. @ScaryJoeyy and @Po1andsFinest together are one of the best tandems in the game, and will put up rather large numbers. I would be surprised if they are sitting in the top 5 of the stats column at the end of the season. Fat boy @Dannyy Briere and @FR0BE 8 will round off the second line, and should do more than enough to win games this season. @SabbyAy will need to have himself another strong season, but won’t be leaned on as heavily as before with the addition of these new forwards.

Defense:

@CoachSamy was not a surprising bid for @Panda_I25I as they will be holding down the blue line as the top pair for this roster. With the massive amount of cap spent on forwards, Panda needed to round out the rest of the roster with cheap contracts, but was able to pick up a few nice pieces along the way. If there is one downfall to this roster, it is that there is a substantial drop off from first to second pair, and an even bigger drop off to the third.

Goalies:

@nochance85 and @ScuMBaG_CuJo will be more than capable of picking up the shots that they will be getting this season from a weaker back end. Both goalies can keep the team in front of them in the game, and will have quite a few shutouts at the end of the season.

If the defense had a little more depth, I would have put this team in the number 1 spot for the central division this season. I just think the lack of a strong back end on the second and third lines will eventually cost them a game here and there. I expect there to be a lot of high scoring games with this team, however, and look forward to seeing how many goals will be scored. I expect them to finish 1st in Goals Scored for Season 4.

Regular Season: 46 - 27 - 9

3. St. Louis Blues

@ryofthebeholder is coming off his rookie campaign with veteran GM @Primetimme entering into Season 4. Ry and Prime have built upon last season quite nicely, and look to be a contender again. Had the Blues not ran into the cup winning Blackhawks, they may have been lifting the cup themselves. The blues have one of the better back ends in the league, and should be enough to keep the games rather low scoring for the most part. Don’t expect to put too many goals in when you play this roster.

Forwards:

@Ayohh and @B00YA are going to be the dynamic duo who will need to lead this team against the tougher competition this season. They will be met with many rosters better d pairs, but should be able to net quite a few goals. I like the addition of @TGil36, and think he will be a welcomed boost to the second line. Most of the cap is tied up in the d core, so the remaining 500k army will need to step up to the challenge of finding ways to produce. I assume @x-I3I_I1I-x to be called back up to the NHL squad and have himself another productive season as well after bidding ends.

Defense:

Like I said before, this is one of the deeper defensive cores that the league has to offer. There is not a weak link that stands out among any of the players holding down the back end. From the first pair of @Primetimme and @ryofthebeholder, to @saund13, the opposition will have a hard time establishing offensive zone time when they play the Blues. I could see St. Louis moving one of their d guys down the road for a stronger forward as they have plenty of room to maneuver on the blue line.

Goalies:

@sam000mx and @crofto40 aren’t necessarily considered top tier goalies in the league, but they are solid none the less. Sam was close to breaking 30 wins last season, and hovered around a 75% save percentage. For the blues to make a deeper splash in the Central division, he will need to bump those numbers up to around the upper 78% mark.

Overall the blues are one of the more defense heavy teams in the league, and they play well with what they have. Playing in a very offense heavy division, the Blues opted to go a different route and beef up the defense line instead. I think it was a solid move on the part of management, and showed that it could be an effective strategy. Unless they make a move to add another top end forward, however, I see the Blues finishing their season the same as Season 3 with a game 7 loss in divisional play for playoffs.

Regular Season: 41 - 32 - 9

4. Nashville Predators

Now that @I Blitzkrieg I has taken the actual status of Owner away from Pelly, he was able to bring in right hand man, and pokemon extraordinaire, @Tcx7 for free. Adding Rico as GM has given Nashville an offense that is capable of putting up wins in the Central division with the rest of the teams. They have a roster that could surprise people if they take them too lightly. Even though I have them listed 4th, I fully expect them to compete for a higher seed.

Forwards:

The cuckwork line of @Tcx7, @I Blitzkrieg I, and @Wallywallabee pretty much guarantees at worst 21+ wins this season. With @dankchank joining the roster to play with @x-RECKI-x, and more than likely @ShotI72I, you are sure to have a one two punch up front. I do not believe that there will be any reason to why they won’t produce offence this season, and should do well. If the 3rd line produces anywhere near the same level as the other two, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Defense:

@Daddy Marino to me is one of the more underrated defenseman out there. He has played with some better clubs, and has the ability to stop the better players in the division. For the cheap price of the resign at 750k, the Preds were able to make the jump elsewhere on their bids. Grabbing @Cor1454, and @Giddeus12 was also a nice addition to the roster. I do believe that Nashville sacrificed spending more money on defense in lieu of getting a more offense heavy roster, and that may come back to haunt them later on.

Goalies:

@j_carlos_44 will be looking to hold down the secondary role as @SuperVezina (aka MPelly) takes a shot at the starting role. While I don’t think this goalie tandem is bad, I don’t think it is very good. I feel like the starting role was supposed to be someone else, but………

Nashville will be a good team at the end of the day. I expect them to have some success against the better teams with the strong two way game they possess down the middle, and think they will be more than capable of pulling an upset or two. They may be the surprise team of the Central division if things work in their favor.

Regular Season: 40 - 34 - 8

5. Dallas Stars

I struggled to put @I--Chief--I in this spot, because I believe he actually does have a good roster. Not only does he have a good roster, he held a winning record with Boston at the end of Season 3 in respect to games played against the teams in this division. All that being said, I think playing in the Atlantic gave them easier games in order to match their better lines against weaker lines from Central teams. I believe this roster has what it takes to be a successful team, but am not convinced that they will be able to sustain game after game through the ringer.

Forwards:

@bill_1492, @LoL, @Hayesx11, and @I BoneCrusha I are all really strong pieces that should be able to string together quite a few wins. @HazeeHype will contribute through his skype messages as he never wears a mic. But rest assured….. HE CAN HEAR YOU THROUGH THE TV, so tell him where to go. All jokes aside, the forwards are good on Dallas, and they will be competitive.

Defense:

@x_ReAcTiiOnz_71 has been one of the more consistent guys in the league over the first few seasons of LG PSN, and finally got his chance to show that he is a better d man in the league last season with Boston. Between him, @L_DominanDo_L, @GeneralPatton044, and Chief, they have a more than capable roster to stack up. Even the cone @Lazy Pedestrian at his overpaid price of 4 mil (C’mon Chief… didn’t you watch those videos?!?!) will contribute to a play here or there.

Goalies:

@Matt_4029 showed last season that he can hang with the best of them in LG between the pipes. He has bailed out his team on more than one occasion. The fish, aka @Mooner2014, will be sure to make a few diving saves as well. This goalie duo will do fine.

As I wrote this and went through the roster, I couldn’t justify putting this team 6th (where I initially placed you). There are some solid pieces, and as long as there isn’t a colossal meltdown that causes a massive trade of the entire roster (hmm.. sound familiar?), this team should be fine.

Regular Season: 40 - 38 - 4

6. Minnesota Wild

Minnesota is definitely one of the more revamped rosters heading into Season 4, and look to have their work cut out for them heading into the Central. It will be important for them to focus on winning their divisional games, as the tiebreaker could be the one think leaving them out of contention heading into playoffs. Like the Blues, this team has solid defensive pieces that will need to hold strong long enough for the offense to net the puck.

Forwards:

Any line that has @ChyzNasty on it is going to excel in the goal department. He is one of the better centers in the league defensively, and is just starting to gain recognition in the community for his strong play. He will be playing with @eastons17, who in my mind is one of the best lw’s on PlayStation. Together these two will put together a productive season taking out many teams who may overlook this roster. The main concern with the Wild, however, is the lack of depth through the second and third line. If Minnesota can get secondary scoring, they will be much higher than this in the standings.

Defense:

I put this core in the same category as St Louis because they will be required to bear the load on the back end long enough for the offense to click. @kylebr333 and @Oso-Sic were solid pick ups for this team, and should complement @soccaplaya11 on the back end nicely. @brvsfan4 for a mil is a nice addition as well. I just don’t know if this unit will be able to stand up long term in a playoff series against the top teams they will be facing come playoff time.

Goalies:

@alonzi401 is a great starting goaltender for Minnesota. He has been the only bright spot of three subpar rosters in his LG career. Getting a chance to play behind the defense in Minnesota will be a welcomed change for Alonzi, and he should do well because of it. @WaitingForUser (aka Crease-Fire) is looking to take back the pipes after playing out last season as well. He won a cup with Tampa Bay, and is a great pick up for 750k.

Once @BBK24 and @NjDevil08, the forwards for this team will look drastically better. I believe they have a lot of individually good players, but it is yet to be seen how it will play out in this division. Had they been in the east, this roster would be contending for the top seed in their division. Unfortunately the luck of the draw has them in a tough place. I initially had this group finishing 5th, but think Dallas has a slight edge after Minnesota missed out on a top center for the second line. Because of that, I dropped them to 6th, but fully believe they could be a 4/5 seed in the division at season end.

Regular Season: 38 - 39 - 5

7. Colorado Avalanche

It pains me to put this team in the last seed because they have good pieces on the roster. They made a strong push that nobody expected last season for a playoff seed, but came up short at the end. I think that @CoUnTeR-AtTaCk43 and @Ryudo2337 have built a great roster, but are just not at the same level as the Chicago’s of the group.

Forwards:

In my mind there are some great forward pieces on this roster at economical prices. @GhostMK, @horton05, and @ItsAGlitchGoalEh are all under cap friendly contracts. Each of these guys will be prime contributors for the Avs this season, and will need a big year for them to get out of the basement in the Central. The addition of @Tb Toxic and @mfricha will be the key difference maker on the end result of the season. If they are able to find two solid lines, they will be in a much better position than what I have them in currently.

Defense:

Like Minnesota and St. Louis, the Avs have a rather strong defensive core in place leading into Season 4. @Ryudo2337 has a lot to work with in @Kutomba Panas, @xXWeedFarmerXx, and @KQ31. I think they will be able to keep games close which will be beneficial for Colorado as the season progresses. I think the back end as a whole will be the best part of Avs as a whole, and expect them to maybe trade off on defense for offense when we get closer to trade deadline.

Goalie:

It couldn’t be more fitting to have a guy named @xXWeedFarmerXx on the roster when you bid on the goalie @Noodles120. The guy literally smoked so much weed that he thought he put a “4” instead of the “1” when making his PSN id (this is a true story LOL). @SCHN3ID3RR-24 will need to carry the majority of the load, but I don’t expect much offensive help from the depth positions on the team to give him a season like he had with Anaheim.

I really believe had this team been located in the East, they would have performed quite nicely. They are, however, a victim of the gauntlet of talent in the Central. There really isn’t a “Bad” team in this division, but history shows the bottom is where this franchise will end. Maybe they will be that surprise team, much like the Columbus Blue Jackets in the Metro.

Regular Season: 33 - 41 - 8

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atlantic Division

1. Florida Panthers

Coming off a trip to the Stanley Cup, owner @KingClutch x 77 looks more determined now to get his name written on Lord Stanley. The first big move Clutch made to revamp his roster was pulling the infamous @Yung Jaq from retirement to hold down the line. It is no surprise that @Hriiz remains as the AGM to form one of the stronger management teams in the league. It was interesting to see Florida make the run they did after struggling out of the gate to get things moving in Season 3. I feel like they were one of the more under looked rosters heading into the playoffs, and was able to rise as the surprise Eastern Conference representatives.

Forwards:

The west coast line is starting to gain noticeable traction as a force to be reckoned with. It will be no surprise to see @KingClutch x 77 and @Hriiz leading the team in wins for a third straight season. Clutch also brought in a veteran Xbox duo in @Bknottz92 and @Gilleh to boost the offensive production. @JT I91I was also a solid signing at 2.5 mil in order to create two solid lines. I think they have depth at affordable prices with @TGolding007, Florida is sure to make a splash offensively. Like Winnipeg, I feel this will be one of the highest scoring teams in the league.

Defense:

@Yung Jaq is going to be the headline piece for a team that is loaded with great players. Keeping guys like @Logikuhl (aka apple) around at the undervalued price of 1.25 mil, @OdessaSteps (aka BJ) for 1.5 mil, and @Qc_ChieF-27 is sure to leave this roster as one of the tougher teams to score on. Many questioned getting @v Sloshy at 9 mil through RFA, but the price definitely didn’t hurt Florida’s ability to build a deep team.

Goalies:

@drally20 is making the jump back to PS4 after taking a brief hiatus, and what better situation does he have to dust off the pads than this. Both he and @prouddad1977 should only need to focus on making the save with the shooter, as the defense should be able to pick up the slack everywhere else.

Overall, this team should be able to walk through the Atlantic division in my opinion with one of the better records. I think they are 3 lines deep, and have skilled players at every position. Unlike a season before, there is no reason for this team to struggle in finding its way through the early weeks. I expect a Washington vs Florida Conference finals to see who goes to the cup.

Regular Season: 51 - 26 - 5

2. Boston Bruins:

@xShauN88 won the lottery this season getting the golden ticket out of Dallas via roster swap with Chief. Entering in the Atlantic, Shaun has his work cut out for him as he brings an already deep roster to Boston. There wasn’t a lot to add going into bidding for this team, and rightfully so. After proving that he can win with the big boys in the Central division, it will be interesting to see how Shaun fairs in the East.

Forwards:

There is no question in my mind that draft pick @jdheagle- will be making his debut on the NHL roster heading into opening day. He joins a solid cast of forwards in @Bizzy313, @Dyno Mike, and @LetsGoFlyers28. I don’t see this roster struggling on the front end to produce offense. Bizzy and Mike were able to tear through many of the teams on the West last season, and expect them to do better now playing in the east. Their success will drive this team forward.

Defense:

@II_Jcross_II comes in on one of the more friendly contracts of 750k, and should be able to make an impact right away. @KillsAKill-, @Fumancheezy_, and @cup4blues will be more than capable of keeping this team out of their own end. While this roster doesn’t boast a big name, collectively all members are solid in their own right.

Goalies:

@jeiel9876 will be getting the empty roster spot heading into the season to play with @Bbrawler84. As a tandem, this pair of goalies should be more than suitable to shut down the opposition they will face this season.

Overall, I expect @xShauN88 and @LetsGoFlyers28 to do well this season in the East. They have a deep roster that is able to produce on many lines, and should be able to wear down the opposition as the games go on. If one team stands in the way of Florida’s chance, this would be it. I expect Shaun and company to make a move at the deadline to pull in additional defense in hopes to lock down their d core.

Regular Season: 47 - 29 - 8

3. Tampa Bay Lightning

@Chaskin12 was determined to build upon an early exit last season, and moved into the Owner role with confidence. First move by Chaskin was to name @EvO GM. Together they have gone through to build quite the roster. With multiple picks in strong positions, the Lightning could be the Atlantics sleeper as the season progresses. They have a top line that can compete with the best of them, and players who have the ability to excel in their roles.

Forwards:

No better place to start than @Tendy for the Bolts. He will undoubtedly be the Steven Stamkos of this team on forward as they ask him to carry the load of the team up front. He will need to do it all for them to have success, and is the one person capable of doing that. Paired with draft pick @DomSquad100 and @kcut, this team will should be able to win quite a few games. If domsquad focuses on pressing up instead of trying to make the next YouTube play, they should post solid numbers. @EvO is more than capable of carrying the load at center for his own line as well, and expect draft mate @ImaDoer3 to produce depth up front.

Defense:

Chaskins decided blood was thicker than water going into Season 4, and picked up brother @juice_tron for 500k. @Xx-INGLIS-xX will carry a large load on his line, and @OG_KJ, and @dawzyy will complement their forwards nicely. I believe this team has a solid group on defense, but it is yet to be seen how much of a load they can carry down the line up.

Goalie:

The fish aka (@zeffster) dives around his crease drawing penalties any chance he gets, but does pretty good in net when he actually decides to not be a straight up asshole to people. He will be the starter in my opinion for this roster, and will have an adequate back up whenever they decide which route to go.

I like the pieces Tampa has in place, but question if they have enough secondary scoring in order to make a true run at the cup. I think this roster has great potential, and can put together one of the better game 7 lines. I just don’t know how far they will be able to get without adding a forward down the stretch.

Regular Season: 44 - 31 - 7

4. Buffalo Sabres

@Ryan_x_28 did a great job taking what he was given in Season 3 to finish out a long drawn out season. Now that he has a chance to go through the draft and bidding himself, it’ll be interesting to see how he does in the East with his guys. The first overall draft pick was gifted to him, and he made sure that he took the right guy with that selection. This roster will be one of the more interesting ones to follow as the season progresses.

Forwards:

Adding @Jcoul-I41I to the management team was a great start for Ryan heading into the season. He had played in Buffalo before being traded to Pittsburgh last season, and is one of the better passers in LG. @Nuge and @Serpe x 13 are more than capable of making plays, and winning games as well under relatively economical contracts. I expected both of these players to be closer to the 4 mil mark, so job well done adding these two players less than 5 mil combined. @ItzJohansen92 played 12 games all of last season which definitely hurt the Sabres. If he shows up, he will contribute nicely to this roster. @sublime-3 is also a nice addition for Ryan through the draft.

Defense:

Getting @skillzpaybill3 in the draft is equivalent to the Oilers drawing McDavid, the Pens with Crosby, and the Caps with Ovechkin. Skillz changes the dynamic of any roster in the sense that he can single handedly change the way a game is played by the offense. Spending 11 mil on @vxWoytkiw8xv was a no brainer as it locks in a first pairing for 13 mil. I do find it strange that the rest of the defense for this roster sits at 500k, however. There was plenty of room to add stronger pieces elsewhere, and it makes no sense why other players were not added.

Goalies:

The @Ryan_x_28 and @Foote combo in net will be more than ok. I just hope the second and third pairing can slow down the offense coming at them this season. Ryan will get the majority of the games, but Foote should not be overlooked.

There is something to be said about an owner that can build a strong roster without spending more than 2.5 mil on forward. I do question the mindset of not adding additional depth on the back end of the roster when you have 8.25 mil left to spend. The only thing that makes sense for this to happen is losing out on a high valued d man at the end of the bidding. This would have forced Buffalo to pick up a 500k guy in the place of that top d man. I think they have a strong roster, however, and am interested to see how they play out in the Atlantic.

Regular Season: 42 - 33 - 7

5. Ottawa Senators

Commish turned Owner @LeBlondI77I is the king of posting morning after messages in the owner chat recapping the nonsense of 500+ messages written when everyone was sleeping. Outside of his impeccable recaps, LB has put together an improved roster that should be competitive this season.

Forwards:

@Semple19, @PheNoMeNaLxOnE17, and @ivegotyour6 should together form a rather formidable top line for the Senators. This is something that they lacked going back just one season ago. @I8I_Nik_I6I, @eF-5ive, and @abbazabba24 (last season’s top line for the Sens) will be able to drop down to a second line role which better fits their abilities. Don’t sleep on @Forcebergs and @J_Rose_19 as they should be able to won more than a few games.

Defense:

This is the only question mark I personally have entering in Season 4 for the Senators. The defensive core for this roster lacks a depth outside of what should be the top pair of @LeBlondI77I and @Bloop_33. @MikeeTeeze at 750k is better than what his contract suggests, but feel like the other players are questionable. If they are able to step up to the challenge, they should be able to do better than expected.

Goalies:

@flight-airline and @XdarksparkX are solid netminders, and should be able to keep the senators in the game. I think this duo may steal a few games for the Senators which will be much needed over the course of the 82 game season.

The lack of defensive depth is the one main concern for Ottawa going into Season 4. On paper, they have really strong forward core that will score goals. I am just not convinced they will have enough to get the puck to their forwards in order to make the necessary plays. Adding a d man with the 4.5 mil in cap available will definitely help.

Regular Season: 38 - 35 - 9

6. Toronto Maple Leafs

Despite the numerous times @Budz_780 has threatened to quit the league, he enters what will be his 4th season as owner. Much like the Islanders and Rangers, this should be the season that determines whether or not he continues in this position. It hasn’t been from a lack of talent, however, for Budz as there have been solid players who have come through this organization. It is more of a case of under achieving than lack of ability to win.

Forwards:

There are definitely strong forwards on the roster with guys like @Kingbling647, @Kadri--, @JJr, and @V1P3R2106. I do not believe there is enough around these guys to really bring a strong enough offensive presence to each game in order to allow them the chance to be competitive. These guys will have their work cut out for them as they are going to be expected to put up large amount of goals.

Defense:

@Budz_780 is not a bad defenseman, and should be more helpful to the team playing on the blue line than playing in net. He added @Scarcella89-_-, @Fewch_, and @TheRealBbenzZ who will help the top pair win the games they do win. I’m not sure there is depth outside of the top three to succeed long term though. Getting the puck to their two top centers quick will be important for this defense core.

Goalies:

@AhL_Allstar-3 will more than likely be the main goalie on the roster this season. He had a great start to his LG career with Boston, but has struggled to find his game of late. This may be his rebound season with @xMeLLo in net along with him.

I think this is a make or break season for Toronto. Budz is a good guy, but has fell upon the curse of the Maple Leafs taking this organization back in the inaugural season. His teams have looked strong at the start of every season, but has ended poorly by little to no fault on him.

Regular Season: 31 - 45 - 6

7. Montreal Canadiens

Montreal has run into it fair share of issues in Season 3 after coming off a successful season prior. @Theyallfloat has always done a good job bidding on people who fit the system that he is trying to run, and expect his team to be competitive. His rosters the two seasons prior have been good enough to beat top end teams, but have not been able to sustain long term success. With GM @Nick_x_98 helping him this time around, Float looks to rebound with a strong season.

Forwards:

This roster has never been one to blow you out of the water on paper, but normally puts up a strong fight every time you play them. This group plays system hockey, and will grind out wins as they fight through the season. @MikexMassacre, @SabbyAy, and @Crazymarchese will lead the way on forward, but they will need help from the supporting cast if they hope to do better than what they expect.

Defense:

This defense is the saving grace of the roster in my opinion, and will get a lot of action in the neutral/d zone. @I-Dekar-I, @Leg_al, @snipefest1122, and @x-Speedy4DayZ-x will need to excel on not only the defensive side, but the offense as well. Look for them to run most of the offense through the defense in Montreal.

Goalie:

@Theyallfloat has played quite a bit of goalie in club with his guys, and should be ok in net assuming he has support around him. @nochance85 has shown with Winnipeg a few seasons ago that he can win low scoring games, which will need to be the case again in Montreal.

I like Float a lot, and hope his team does well this season. I think the lack of center depth will be the main downfall for his team, however, going into next season. I don’t believe there is enough firepower up front to provide goal support for a loaded back end.

Regular Season: 28 - 48 - 6

8. Detroit Red Wings

Detroit missed out on winning the top draft pick despite having the worst record in LG the season prior. There was a lot to work with in terms of picks, however, and Detroit used them to draft a few strong players. @I-Forthy-I and @Get_on_ur_kneees had an empty roster, and a lot to work with in terms of picks and cap.

Forward:

@Kush-Demon_QC is one of the better wingers on 17, and will more than likely be playing with Knees. Most of the offensive production will come from these two players over the course of the season. Forthy will more than likely head up the second line. @Guccimane50, and @Ducksfan123 will more than likely be returning to the Wings roster to round out two solid lines. I think they lack a second center to complement Knees, which will hurt them down the stretch.

Defense:

@YunG-_G0D_ and @JSILVERS should be recalled by Forthy once AHL bidding is completed. Outside of getting @schroyer69 and @Breezy5457, there isn’t a strong depth of defenseman on the roster. Spending 18.25 mil on the top defense pair really hurt the chance of Detroit to balance out the roster with depth players.

Goalie:

@Jade_Dragoon_ was one of the more unknown goalies of last season, but is one that should get more recognition than what he has. This could be the break out season for him, and could be the reason this team finishes higher than where I have them. @bbraves1328 had little success as a forward, but has done well in net. Hopefully he has more success here than he did in the AHL to date.

I was quite disappointed with how Detroit went about building their roster after acquiring kush pre-bidding. I feel like they had an opportunity to do a few things different in bidding that would have set them up to better take on a division that they could have had great success in. This team may very well finish higher than were I put them, but I believe the lack of depth past the first line will hurt them.

Regular Season: 25 - 52 - 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Central Division
    1. Anaheim Ducks

@xXLikeABOSSXx92 is coming off an extremely productive season where his Ducks finished first in the Pacific. The division as a whole was one of the weaker divisions in the league, and the strong roster took advantage of that all season. The roster for the most part heading into Season 4 remains intact for the most part with minimal changes. The division has definitely improved, and the Ducks should face stiffer competition.

Forwards:

Anaheim’s forwards are composed of guys that club together on a frequent basis. Much of the roster has played, or still plays, on the Father Daughter Uncle Brother Cousin Nephew Grandma Son Measuring Coloring Contest (or whatever fucked up version of this combination they chose at the beginning of the game). @Bruchboi900 enters the roster on resign for 6.25 mil which was interesting for me personally. Had Bruch hit the open market, they may have been able to save some cap space. Locking him in though helped eliminate one more forward, however, in this bidding. @Ksteiding1 always seems to hit the 6.5 mil mark, and right hand man @xXAucoin1Xx return for his 4th tour in Anaheim. @Hilary Knight will inevitably be in the chat box, but will continue to put up points in the league. Top to bottom, the forwards for this team are solid.

Defense:

This defense as a whole gets the job done. Bend but don’t break should be a motto this group lives on as they always seem to outlast the competition. Subbing woy for @Trio_Bigmac- at a price of 7.75 mil saved the Ducks 4 mil in cap space allowing them to get a few upgrades they might now have been able to afford. @OGPotsie and @kg3inOTT should slot in the line up behind Steiding and company.

Goalies:

It will be a tough task to live up to the season Schneider just posted in Season 3, but the bar will be set high for net minders @DJtml, and @JTowNE41. JTowne has the ability to be the next Schneider for this roster, and will need to be the guy for the Ducks.

Not much has changed with this roster season after season so far in LG. They have been a competitive group playing in Anaheim, and will be sure to post a winning record for the fourth season. Until it is proven otherwise, Anaheim is the team to beat in the Pacific.

Regular Season 52 - 25 - 5

2. Edmonton Oilers

After swapping teams with Brayden (yes I did know this when I wrote about Washington), owner @NUKE Freeman looks to build a competitive roster after inheriting the shit show from last season. Washington was a mess last season, and Freeman was able to bring some sort of stability to a roster plagued by disaster. His Xbox knowledge shows with his ability to bring in top level guys, and I expect to see him continue the winning streak of the Edmonton Organization in LG over the first three seasons.

Forwards:

@NUKE Freeman has put together a strong forward presence heading into the season. Drafting @jewofcanada was one of the better picks he made as it allowed him the ability to build center depth for cheap. He already had @Shaynestaa locked in at 500k, so getting jew solidified the middle. @MattTheCoolCatt, @Fr33kOnTheStix, and @cwmcwilly07 should all post solid forward seasons. @Gour_x_71 could be the x-factor if he is able to ease the load off the left side of the ice. Watch out for him to be a difference maker.

Defense:

Edmonton spent a substantial amount of cap on the front end of the roster for Season 4. It helped getting vet @Coltcrazy on defense for a free contract, but there was not a lot of cap remaining to solidify the roster. @sir_scoopy is a great pick for Edmonton at 3.5 mil, and @Big-T_757 will need to have himself a strong season. @LCE_Ray is a d-man not many know about yet, but will be a guy people look at as the season progresses.

Goalie:

@sanjose01 has been a winner in LG since coming into the league posting solid numbers in the games he plays. He is one of the low key goalies that people may look at as the season progresses as a difference maker for this team. @RAMBOKILLER_23 should also play a role in stopping a few pucks here and there to create a strong tandem in Oil country.

If Edmonton had spent a little more cap on the back end, I would have put them number one in the division. They have a great team top to bottom, and should be able to win more than enough games to get them into the playoffs. They have the roster to take on top lines, and should be able to do well this season.

Regular Season: 50 - 26 - 6

3. Vancouver Canucks

@CUMMINSx7 enters Season 4 looking to break through as the Western Conference representative for the cup for the first time. Cummins has built a solid roster season in and season out, but has yet to make the big jump setting themselves apart from the other teams. With the deep talent pool pushing prices down for the first time in the PSN league, Cummins was able to add depth to his roster.

Forwards:

@CUMMINSx7, @MORASH_41, and @Absolution28 will be the top line in Vancouver for the upcoming season. All three have been successful in LG each season, and it should be expected to see them have success again. Picking up @canada_87 for 750k was one of the better steals in all of bidding. Add in @XxGenoSnipeXx, and @Xx_THeSKiLLz_xX, and you have a formidable forward presence.

Defense:

Most of the cap went towards defense for the Canucks as they solidified a top pairing in @Cris-Tastik, and @bjackedson. BJ was unfortunately a victim of next best available finishing late in bidding which forced Cummins to spend more than what the normal market value would have been to get BJ. @gmac90 has been around Cummins for the majority of his NHL career, and will be solid piece on the blue line. There aren’t many major flaws in the roster for Vancouver on the back end, and expect them to do well.

Goalies:

@xCr0sbyXx87 and @Balaia will together be a force in net for Season 4. I expect Crosby to play the majority of the games, and he has earned the right to do so since being called out in a youtube video by @jonlol. Crosby is one of the more underrated goalies, and I have seen him steal games. The goaltending position should be secure in B.C.

Cummins always puts together strong teams, and I expect to see him do well again. Like the Ducks, nothing from this roster says they won’t continue to win games like they have the first three seasons. This division has been between Vancouver and Anaheim for a long time now, but believe that new players will make his run more challenging.

Regular Season: 48 - 29 - 5

4. Arizona Coyotes

Fan favorites @Moranaconda and @vhigh are entering in their second season with the desert dogs, and look to prove last season’s success was not a fluke. They definitely have more of a challenge ahead of them, however, as they lose their top center @schroyer69 to Detroit in bidding. Much of this roster remains the same, however, which leads me to believe they will see similar results in Season 4.

Forwards:

One of the major pick-ups for Arizona was trading for @Girgs28 from Pittsburgh. Girgs entered Season 3 coming off a successful AHL season, and found similar success in the NHL. Reunited with his buddy @dannyk2399, this line should see instant success. The major question mark is, how will the addition of @FlyingRed527 work with @JCpens22 and @Kraz18? Kraz has already shown he is more than capable of taking over a game, and should be able to replicate the strong season he had.

Defense:

@Moranaconda and @vhigh should line out the top pairing with Arizona again in Season 4. I believe they crossed any doubt out of people’s mind that they could be a top pairing last season, and look for them to have success in their second season in the NHL. The Moran brothers also added @bievsea to complement his assumed linemate of @B37Will as the second pairing. The defensive core will need to step up to the challenge again in Season 4 for Arizona to have success.

Goalies:

Getting @penguins2013in bidding after having a successful season in Edmonton for 1.5 mil should make the Moran brothers happy. Had this been one season ago, Penguins would have reached the 2.5 mil mark minimum. Paired with @Nhltwister, the pipes should be covered well for the Coyotes.

Overall I think that Arizona will show they are here to stay as a competitive team. The desire to win from management will allow them to make the necessary moves to make a playoff push down the stretch. The only thing that makes me put them in this position is the lack of center depth on the roster. I feel they have great wingers, and solid defense, but not a lot of help through the middle of the ice. I could be wrong here, but believe this is where the Coyotes need to improve to be contenders.

Regular Season: 44 - 31 - 7

5. Los Angeles Kings

@Benz0226 and @AAli-21 have had their work cut out for them heading into Season 4 as new owners of the team. They took the roster over with a few high dollar contracts, and needed help in key positions that would require more money to be spent. They moved Mes and Hayes pre bidding which opened up the cap, but they still had a lot more to do.

Forwards:

@Rickchel98 falling to LA in the draft was definitely a surprise story coming out of Draft night. I feel that he could have been a key piece for a few other teams that passed over him, but LA scooped up a solid pick with Rick. Adding @Theos_I7I as well to the forward core gave them a much needed scoring presence for a top line. Big seasons will need to be had out of @bidou96m, @Reddy, and @AAli-21 for this team to succeed.

Defense:

Benz definitely spread his cap out to build a well-rounded team. He picked up @KaneL88I, @The__answer23, and @TijO_Qc for affordable contracts, as well as bidding on Xbox S23 cup winner @x BizNasty x for 4.5 mil. While I like the pieces they have, I believe they needed to add a top defenseman through bidding to really push this group over the edge.

Goalies:

@Shmucked and @Mattdisney111 are more than capable of playing in the NHL, and should be able to win some games. Neither goalie, however, has shown they can consistently win games at the NHL level, and will need to prove themselves to the league.

I don’t know if there is enough here to compete with a few of the Western Conference teams for LA going into Season 4. Taking this roster in my mind was definitely a two season plan in which they add pieces that will be here for more than one season on good contracts to bid on big guys next time around. This team will be the New York Islanders from a season ago, and win a bunch of games early on before getting fed better lines.

Regular Season: 35 - 37 - 10

6. San Jose Sharks

@M1keal has battled through a few rough seasons entering Season 4. His teams have always showed up, but not so much on the scoreboard. Looking back to his rosters, they have been ones that have the ability to win games, but like Toronto, fail to do so. I do think this is the best team that he has put together to date, and give him a round of applause for taking the steps needed to improve his roster.

Forwards:

San Jose won out on the @XxJusT4TheShoWxX sweepstakes in bidding after he neglected to take the resign option. Franky has the ability to carry a line, however, and will be the main force driving the forwards forward for wins in Season 4. @Sejje 19 will help form the top line with @xTarasenko91_, and I expect this group to win the majority of the games in the Shark Tank this season. While the players under this line are good, they are being asked to play above their skill level which may be the downfall of this team this season. I do think @Baertschi_47 will be a solid player for this roster on the second line, and could be the difference maker for this group.

Defense:

@dparans_ was one of the more highly sought after defenders in the draft, and fell just far enough to allow San Jose to pick him up. I believe that he will be more than capable of playing in a top line role with @Markis. @u_1_2_B_me_ adds depth to the line, and @radicalapex should be fine on the blue line as well. The main question lies with their ability to shut down top lines. The downfall for this team in seasons past is that the defense can’t get the puck to the forwards fast enough on the breakout, and slow down the opposition long enough, to win games.

Goalies:

@balake96 looks to be the Cary Price of the Sharks entering his first season in LG. He has gained traction in LG through his success on Kingston, and playing 6’s with top club guys on PS4. He will have to save quite a few shots for the Sharks to have success. @Perkosaurus13 looks to come in after an off season with Calgary to lock down the pipes as well.

To me there just isn’t enough depth on San Jose to string together a successful season in the Western Conference. I believed they were one team that would have benefited greatly swapping rosters with an Eastern Conference team at the conclusion of last season. They just don’t have enough in my opinion to be a force in the West. I do think as a whole though, San Jose is one team that could surprise a lot of teams, and not be taken lightly. They could easily bump themselves up a few seeds if they have a breakout season.

Regular Season: 30 - 43 - 9

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calgary Flames

After three losing seasons, Calgary is hoping to rebound as a contender for the first time in LG under new ownership of @BigJayAyotte. The team was a blank slate which allowed him and GM @frostx17 the opportunity to start from scratch. While starting from scratch is a good thing for new ownership, it poses its own challenges as well. Generally teams starting over struggle to make a playoff push as there are so many spots to fill at one time.

Forwards:

Calgary started off the roster transformation by signing @Fool x 90, and resigning him to play on the roster. They were able to pick up his Columbus right hand man in @debarrd to play along side of him in hopes they can replicate the success they had a season ago. @WeTheNorth_87 will start the season on left wing with @frostx17 and @BigJayAyotte, while @XxTerryTORxX will play with @th3 I and 0n1y and @Jo VEDETTE. Having three lines that have a chance to win should help Calgary do well up front with many different line combinations available.

Defense:

Calgary was able to spread the cap out rather evenly across the defenseman through bidding. Picking up @JNasTy003 was an easy decision for the price of a resign for Crosby with Vancouver, and allowed the Flames to spend more money across the top pair. @OK Crusty and @RedMile_89 should anchor the top defensive line, and shut down the opposition. @Eggman--1 for 1.5 mil was a welcomed steal for Calgary, and should do well this season.

Goalies:

Calgary was able to lock down two top goalies in @zBernatchez and @patdene12 for a salary of 1 mil a piece. This came as a great surprise as it allowed the Flames to roster two quality goaltenders that have proven success in big games. Together, both net minders look to shut down other teams offenses.

Calgary was built to be a deep team that could compete on all three lines. Many of the players on this roster are versatile, and can play multiple spots up and down the line up. This roster may be one roster member short on forward of being a real force in the West. With cap room to spare, a move may be made to solidify the forward core.

Regular Season: 0 - 0- 82 …. We suck, and there will be a record number of OT games

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    • Like x 64
    • Winner x 8
    • Informative x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Dumb x 1
    frostx7
  2. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    Apparently we're going to have a metric fck ton of overtime games this season.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dangletownsniper

Dangletownsniper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    I love reading these. They really help newer players learn some of the names in the league. Good write up.

• Like Like x 11
    No Streaming Account
  4. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    Very good and detailed write-up. Good luck to all in the Metro this season!

• Like Like x 5
    jtresatti
  5. mashle93

mashle93 Canadas Finest Export. Platinum

Discord:
    Mashle9393#3115
    Ratings:
    +304 / 7 / -10

I was literally going to type this as I read through it. hahahaha. Takes a lot of time/effort to do a write up like this though, it's appreciated! Good on ya, @frostx17

• Like Like x 2
    mashle93
  6. zBernatchez

zBernatchez Thin Blue Line

Discord:
    zbernatchez#0
    Ratings:
    +528 / 14 / -30
    if you don't like the way he wrote it up, write one yourself...lol

zBernatchez
  7. Dashiki B

Dashiki B Da Bomb Brothers

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 137 / -228
    He didn't say he didn't like it? Just said a fck ton of OT games

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Daddy Marino

Daddy Marino Daddy's Home

Discord:
    Marino#0159
    Ratings:
    +532 / 27 / -102
    when are we doing our write up lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    Marino71
  9. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    I thought the post was solid, I don't have much input to give myself, just commented on something I did notice. The order and content of each team is whats important, I think the records are off due to the OTL numbers but the records are 1% of the post, the 99% remaining is good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Prochx9

Prochx9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dommy#7793
    Ratings:
    +360 / 29 / -62
    Good write up, was a great read! Can't wait for the rest!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    Frost 4 president

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. nochance85

nochance85 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 165 / -20
    You should be a sports writer! Great write up!

• Like Like x 1
    nochance1018
  13. l Blitzkrieg l

l Blitzkrieg l Rico=Melo of LG

Ratings:
    +561 / 7 / -14
    great write up brad! Can't wait for the rest of these.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. xXAucoin1Xx

xXAucoin1Xx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 8 / -8
    Awesome read! Look forward to the other divisions!!

• Like Like x 2
    raucoin1
  15. McInnis_91

McInnis_91 Your Mom's Favourite Hockey Player

Discord:
    McInnis#4196
    Ratings:
    +61 / 10 / -9
    Awesome read @frostx17! Stoked to see what you type up about the Blues :)

s91mcinnis
  16. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    Aren't you a minor league baseball player? I would kill for even that small amount of talent yet instead you make huge write ups like this over a video game?

Get a life, please. I use to just think you're a loser but now I'm actually concerned about you. This is unhealthy. Please, seek help.

Pls no copypasta

edit: I realize this may be too meta of a joke for some people. For those less educated in the memes - http://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/...d-2-predictions-previews.246911/#post-1548764

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    • Like x 6
    • Dumb x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Get Good x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. frosty l7l

frosty l7l looking for a team

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    Central Division now added.

• Like Like x 5
    frostx7
  18. Rexcttz_

Rexcttz_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 10 / -28
    Good write up!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. J_Carlos_96

J_Carlos_96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 27 / -28
    Great write up! Thank you for putting me in my place as the back up I'm suppose to be

• Winner Winner x 2
    Jc4491
  20. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    Schneider was on Anaheim was he not?

Nonetheless another good write up good job frost o_O

• Like Like x 1
    jtresatti