S6 Eastern North Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Dangletownsniper, Oct 14, 2017.

?

Next division write up?

1. Western Central

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Western Pacific

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. You suck at this stop and Get Good.

14 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. Dangletownsniper

Dangletownsniper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    Division Overview- . This division is merely a shadow of what it once was. After many key departures in management and players the Eastern North looks to be one of the least exciting divisions to watch this season. What has been a great race for the best teams in the east in previous seasons is going to be won by a landslide for Belleville. Belleville is the only team out of the old Binghamton, Toronto, and Syracuse rivalry that retained any of its core players and management. However, the change in dynamic of this division will open the door for newcomers to establish themselves, and for previous fringe teams to become playoff teams. Outside of the first place position this division is entirely up for grabs to whatever team is willing to do what it takes to claim it. This division was more complicated than I thought it would be and I wish I would have done the West first. I expected more out of some of these managers.

Editors Note- In the LG standings page which is what I used to get the divisions and teams from the st johns ice caps are still in the eastern atlantic. Therefore I put the rocket in that divisional write up as replacements to the ice caps. However, the rocket will be in the eastern north so they are moved into this write up.
    —————————————————

STANDINGS:

1. Belleville Senators
    2. Binghamton Devil
    3. Toronto Marlies
    4. Syracuse Crunch
    5. Rochester Americans
    6. Lavel Rockets
    7. Utica Comets

—————————————————

Belleville Senators

Forwards: A-

Out of all the teams examined thus far Belleville has the most complete forward lineup in the eastern conference not only do they have skill but they have chemistry. Look for the French connection of @Agesquod @Mathqc22 and @LeCupidon to get big wins for this club. I don't even want to call the next line the second line because its just as formidable. @ItsGally @ACK-stonerboy and @xMeLLo (when he shows up) could be a first line on some squads in this division. The third line is where it gets questionable but @koztom- is a good depth guy. Its not out of the question that he lines up with the French connection and mathqc gets bumped down either option will workout for this squad. I'm sure this sounds like bias from a former senator but with this management and getting agesquod at 1 mil instead of the 7 mil cap hit he had last season this team is in an even better place. Furthermore, the weakened division compared to previous season gives the senators a great outlook. I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish first in the east.

Defense: B+
    This defense has a couple of things going for it. @Berrakov is a legitimate top dman as long as he plays smart and doesn't get cocky. He comes in at 4.25 mil cap hit which is fair considering his aggressive offense first play style. Berrakov will likely be paired with @thekev or @Slamtastic86 . The latter of whom is a very reliable defenseman which you might not be able to tell by his stats, and at 500k will be a steal for this squad. The question here is do they make a top d pairing a load up on one line for tough opponents or split up the talent and form a less loaded top 4.

Goalies: B-

I wanted to give this goalie tandem a better tanking but both tenders coming in at 3 mil combined cap hit its hard to consider this the best option for them in net especially when you look around the league at some of the good goalies at lower hits. To complicate things further @SW-Bobcats9 doesn't have a great track record outside of a good season as backup for the monsters which were a stacked team. Its not that far of a stretch to believe he might have been a product of his environment. @xKLuTchDoLphiNx is the opposite when it comes to stats. He has decent stats and save percentages despite being on multiple lower tier teams.

Players to Watch: I think the goaltending is what should be watched here. I think @Berrakov is a good player to watch as he might end up finishing in the top defenseman conversation at the end of the year if he performs up to his potential.

Binghamton Devils

Forwards: B+
    The Binghamton Devils might surprise some people this season especially if players just write them off from having a history of failing. This team is not the same team. They are out of Albany and looking for a fresh start. The team has some questionable lg personalities that could be toxic to their season, but I think Manitoba proved last season that egos can be managed and become champions. Their forwards include SB hero/villain @Mitch_Marner16 . I'm looking for mitch to backup his shoutbox presence after a solid season in the chl. @L33t-Ricx0r and @boogieman headline this offense and should put up good numbers this season.

Defense: C+
    This defensive unit features @Stavio_98 and @McLean-16 the two of them coming in at7.25 mil. I look at these two as high risk high reward players. stavio is looking to make his return to the ahl level play but its hard to believe he hasn't picked up some bad habits other than his attitude in vgphl and lgchl. Mclean should be there shut down guy as long as they did strap an anchor to him at ld. I could see ultimate party presence @Kingbloodpa23 and j claus pity bid teaming up nicely with mclean if one of them can switch sides if not I expect @bigren to take the top LD spot.

Goalies: B

Same deal here as with the providence bruins. @LEHKONENN is a beast but as of right now he is the only goalie on the roster . I think he will be more than strong enough between the pipes too let this team be a contender in the eastern conference. They still cap too play with and I don't see them having an issue in net once RA'S are complete.

Players to Watch: @stavio @lehknonen @mitchmarner

From here on out the division gets a lot more clouded. Each of the following teams has some very bad characteristics where management just plain screwed up. Its hard enough to predict standings as is but because of this its damn near impossible to predict the outcome. Here are the reasons why I placed them where I did.

Toronto Marlies

Forwards: B

This forward group at least has clear cut top end talent. This is the sole reason I put them in the standings in third place. @Chowski777 , @ittozziloP @orioles and @ticklemysakic are all proven players in this league and they should be able to plug together a winning combination of those players and 500k warriors. The player to watch here is @chowski. Hes a talented player coming off a ban last season and if things go down the drain quickly here I could see things between him and management escalating quickly. Edit: As I am writing this I hear rumors out of Toronto that @Crippin_Allday is looking to get moved out of here so I removed him from the write up.

This isn't the best defense in the division but its also not the weakest. I want to rank it higher but I also want to rank it lower. @Bizness101 is their most accomplished ahl player but they have a newcomer at 6.5 mil cap hit in @VwHippieGirl . Now this is where the ranking is hard for me to decide as I have never seen her play. I have heard conflicting assessments of her talent level from reputable sources. I've heard stud Defenseman and I've heard absolute pylon. Too further this problem is her stats give me mixed feelings. This player knows how to win and can produce points with a 44-22-4 record and over a point per game player in the CHL. Yet she has terrible giveaway take away stats in the chl, and even if its a broken stat it could be alarming when you couple it with reports that shes a pylon. Hippiegirl comes in at 6.5 mil making as much money as established AHL players @BuRGeR and @dspor. She is by far the player too watch in this division.

Goalies: C-

Two unproven goalies looking to make themselves known in the ahl. With the defense in front of them the back up is going to fail here if they are paired with a sui line situation. @Fishydangles has moderately ok stats for the chl and can win this team some games. I am not certain he is ready to be an ahl starter though especially coming in with no cap hit. Compare this goalie management decision with AHL allstar from providence and I think youll see it my way. @chilly007 is in for a long season he has abysmal stats at the chl level and with the team in front of him its hard to see him improving his resume.

Players to Watch: @vwhippiechick @Fishydangles @chowski

Syracuse Crunch

Forwards: C

With @lobo and @nazzy leaving for Manitoba this team is left with some talent but is lacking a top tier player to take them too the next level. @bsmidy @gastr and @fullmelt are the headliners here with @vCodester attempting to reach his high level of play he reached in s3. After these players there is a significant drop off in talent and the management here made multiple bad decisions. First fullmelt at 3.75 is crazy sorry melt its not personal. I know. You know it. Its a bad contract good thing its only 1 season. The management itself @thewall is a position switch from defense to forward and hasn't had much success in terms of stats. @nag is unproven outside of the chl and his stats down their are average at best. People have publicly questioned his credentials in the shoutbox since he was announced as management. I have rumors of players within the system doing the same. I'm looking at this management team to prove everyone wrong and they are my players too watch. I'm giving an honorable mention to @SmearedPap someone get this guy on a line with @pappy pap smear. we all want too see it. Edit- Fullmelt and ffrantic have been moved as part of an nhl deal. For the crunch its an addition by subtraction move and they may end up improving this ranking I gave them. More cap space for them to make a move on another player and tampa bay improved while losing very little. A+ @ImaDoer3

Defense: B-
    In the end of the season this ranking will probably be generous but it features a couple of high end defenseman at reasonable cap hits. @Kingdano420 coming in at 3.5 will likely end up being considered overpaid but its ok because they managed to get @TAR-Pit at a steal @2.75 as long as his availability is decent enough to put in 3 games a week. @Mp_Seanor is my player too watch here. I think this kid can play at this level and he has a super cap friendly contract as a DP.

@DC_Lumpy is going to pick this team up and carry them to a fringe playoff spot. He may not experience the same level of success as last season, but there is no reason to think he can build upon his lg career resume.

Players to Watch: @DClumpy @fullmelt @mpseanor

Rochester Americans

Forwards: C-

This offense is going to have a hard time putting up numbers. No high end talent and barely any mid ranged talent to speak of. @dj @skullpuckyamotha should put up decent numbers but against tougher opponents I think they will struggle. @Makershockey18 is a very under rated player, and at 500k I think he will be one of the better steals of the season as long as they put him in a place he can succeed. Rumor has it @timebot12 looks to line up with @Rampagekiller815 and @DJ_Zbad and time will tell here if they can get to a hot start. I'm not sure they can carry this team too a playoff spot.

This defense has some skill with @bdog and @PoochtowN are both decent d men looking to add a winning season to their careers. @Jwilly_24 joins the team for his first season in the AHL after multiple successful seasons in the CHL hes my player too watch for this defense. The rest are mediocre so moving on.

Goalies: B

After posting impressive numbers in the chl then coming up to Rochester last season and doing the same @Unabuga6 will be starting in the crease without question. He didn't manage to get a winning record last season, however, it would be extremely unfair to pin that on him. All of that isn't to imply that @godofamerica13 wont make a push to take the reigns from unabuga.

Players to Watch: @unabuga @jwilly

Laval Rocket

Forwards: B-

The forwards are probably the only redeeming quality of this team. They have two leftwingers who have proven they can produce in the AHL with @Joiridz and @troublekid1999 with @KingiKon as a solid depth player. My player to watch here is @XILO_ATOMIK his stats aren't very impressive in the chl but there has too be a reason montreal was willing to draft him so high especially with barely having enough games to become draft eligible. I'm not accusing him of anything but the last time I seen a player do something similar his username was bomberavs and it didn't take long for him to catch a ban.

Defense: C

The defense is nothing special at first look. A lot of players I don't recognize with nothing to show in terms of stats. @blammogunz and @Triplemdemo are probably the headliners here and with absolutely nothing against them its really not saying much that they're the headliners.

Both of their goalies are unproven at a higher level of play but boast high save percentages in the chl from last season. Its really not unreasonable to see one of these guys coming up big. Theyre going to be tested a lot this season and if they can stop most of the rubber thrown their way other managers will take notice and possibly even save them from this hell hole.

I really think this team may surprise people and are likely the team too upset the division.

Players to Watch: @skenny999 and @Speedytdawg88

Utica Comets

Forwards: D+

If you want to see a dumpster fire take a look at this roster. No top end talent to speak of. No established AHL forwards to speak of. 2 contracts adding up to 8.25 mil on players that have not had success in lgahl ever or so long ago that its not even fair to consider lg the same league as back then. @RC-Boomer has a history of putting up good points but still having losing records and at that contract hit I'm not sure signing him for 3 seasons was the best decision. @ToughCutsYT had himself a moderate season in the chl but at 3.5 mil its a gutsy decision by the management team here. Outside of these two forwards @Kool-AidDonation might be able to produce on a 3rd line but the majority of this forward group is composed of 3rd liners.

Defense: C-

Its difficult too look at this roster and see a positive. They have a decent dman in @gatesse. @NoSleeves12 had a stellar campaign in the chl last season. He is my player to watch for this defense. I have no doubt that he his skilled enough to play at this level but on this team management might ask too much of him. If they keep @Charbonneau05 in Utica this could help the unit out drastically and they might be able to put together 1 effective pairing. @EVILDESTINY64 put this squad together and his career stats mirror what I expect from this defensive unit.

the back up here is a nobody with dismal stats in the chl. @LKG_REAPERSRAGE figures to start here he has shown improvements since his earlier seasons and could figure to put up ok numbers. However, I think the majority of lgahl knows he is streaky and struggles at times. To further problems here the team in front of him looks terrible and I can see the scrub hunters champing at the bit to get a game against this team. Before the spelling Nazis come in here the correct phrase is champing not chomping I didn't misspell it. GG this aint the NYT.

Players to Watch: @LKG @Nosleeves

—————————————————

That's my write up for the Eastern North division. Ultimately I like to include humor in these write ups but this division is so bad its almost comical without inserting jokes. I hope I'm wrong and some of the infusion players moving up from the chl make big names for themselves. These are simply my predictions and are never meant to discourage anyone. At the end of the day I really want to see all of you succeed. If you're offended or disagree flame me in the comments . Later taters.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. chilly007

chilly007 No I dont

Ratings:
    +114 / 27 / -24
    Love my review ! Can't wait to come back at the end of the season to reply to this thread

BigDonCampus
  3. Dangletownsniper

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    @chilly007 I hope that you do. I want people to succeed, but I have to be realistic in these reviews.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. chilly007

chilly007 No I dont

Ratings:
    +114 / 27 / -24
    Don't worry brother no hate . I get what you used to make the review .

BigDonCampus
  5. AgedQuod

AgedQuod Do or do not, there is no try

Ratings:
    +211 / 9 / -21
    Great write up again! Cant wait to see how the season unfolds.

slivers311
  6. zeffster

zeffster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +122 / 18 / -16
    Dumpster fire here

Dbigs40
  7. brymac97

brymac97 Deeeecent

Discord:
    brymac97#0
    Ratings:
    +114 / 17 / -18
    Nice job DTS!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. nolesfan12

nolesfan12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 35 / -29
    This is awful in every possible way. Half of this is "Guys played well in the chl that doesn't mean they will play well here." The other half is "These guys put up great numbers in the CHL there's no reason they can't succeed here." Also, "anonymous sources" are one of two things. Either you're making stuff up and have no sources, or keyboard warriors are such cowards they're taking it to the next level.

• Get Good Get Good x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    noles_fan12
  9. Dangletownsniper

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    Nolesfan taking his dissatisfaction from dms too the thread now. Get over it kid.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. nolesfan12

Ratings:
    +19 / 35 / -29
    I tried to handle it behind closed doors like a professional. You want to get cocky, I'll do it publicly. Your writing is bad. Sorry if you don't like my honesty. Good for you showing love to your boys though. The blatant bias is comical.

• Get Good Get Good x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    noles_fan12
  11. Dangletownsniper

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    First off there is a reason for my personal opinion for a difference of outcomes for s5 chl players. Not every chl player makes the jump seemlessly that is a fact. My write up opinions on these players are based on multiple factors. Some of which are what team they are on, what I've heard about them, what I've seen of them, who their management is, what team they played on in the chl, what teams did they play against in the chl to put up those numbers, and probably more but I don't feel like wasting anymore time talking to you. Second the majority of the people seem too like these write ups. Third I'm not telling you who said what about who that's not how this works. Lastly, stop living for it so much. This is literally the opinion of a guy you've never met about a virtual hockey league that means nothing in the real world. Later tater.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  12. Dangletownsniper

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47

Hahahah that's hilarious. I literally almost puked trying to write something positive about premier player. But yeah you know everything. Gg.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. nolesfan12

Ratings:
    +19 / 35 / -29
    This is a popularity contest. You can act like it's not all you want. I think it's hilarious. You have no credibility, but go ahead and pretend you've seen most of these people play

• Get Good Get Good x 5
    noles_fan12
  14. nolesfan12

Ratings:
    +19 / 35 / -29
    Also, "it's just a video game" seems like an odd rebuttal when you then say you, "almost puked" writing something nice about one of the other virtual players. A little bit of a contradiction, don't you think?

• Get Good Get Good x 5
    noles_fan12
  15. Dangletownsniper

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    Are you done?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. XMeLLoFeTT

XMeLLoFeTT Not a Goalie

Ratings:
    +260 / 14 / -19
    Someone is maaaaaad butthurt right now

• Like Like x 4
    xmellofett
  17. PhewPhewCam

PhewPhewCam KingsSzn

Ratings:
    +246 / 6 / -38
    I wish I knew division I was in

PhewPhewww
  18. Dangletownsniper

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    @PhewPhewCam wtf did you just say lol. I think you're trolling but if not you're western central

No Streaming Account
  19. Dangletownsniper

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    Ever hear of hyperbole you feckin dolt? You clearly haven't had any interaction with premier yet. But that's ok go ahead question my credentials.

No Streaming Account
  20. PhewPhewCam

PhewPhewCam KingsSzn

Ratings:
    +246 / 6 / -38
    I ment to say I wish I knew what division I was in.

PhewPhewww