S6 Brainstorming

Discussion in 'LGVFA' started by Starwood18, Mar 22, 2015.

1. ImJeff

ImJeff Five time PLB Champion Platinum

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Hey guys, as we're entering in the final weeks of S5 here, I wanted to reach out to you and figure out what we can do to make things better for the next season. I'll throw out there some ideas that I've had going on and you can feel free to put in your two cents, etc.

1.) I'm starting to think that we're going to have a decent number of people that won't return for next season. Whether it be losing or the nature of 1v1 itself, it seems to drain on people. If 10-12 people decide not to come back, I'm thinking the LGVFA Gold & Silver divisions for the future might not be of value.

2.) That being said, I do have a list of 600 GTs that I'm ready to spam once the season's over to get some new blood in here. Could always have the gold division be anyone who has played more than a season, the silver division being newer players.

3.) [MENTION=2710]electrickeeper[/MENTION] and I have been chatting a bit about setting up a transfer budget/draft type system for the league. I believe this will give incentive for people to participate more so people can do something to fix their team if they don't like it. The downside of this is that it requires people to be active on the website, which is something this league just hasn't been.

4.) I was thinking of shortening up the season as well. Three games a week seems to be a bit much for you guys. We could do something like six weeks, two games a week. Include a regional tournament as well.

Any other thoughts? Thanks.

• Like Like x 5
    Starwood84
  2. Lx_Maxwell_xI

Lx_Maxwell_xI ImJeff is my best friend.

Ratings:
    +741 / 13 / -13
    • Like Like x 1
    MaxwellOnline
  3. KC x44

KC x44 LGFA's Peter Vermes

Ratings:
    +206 / 11 / -16
    I like the Budget Idea. I have no Striker.... Dost is slow and doesn't cut it.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22
    How would the budget work? Rosters need to be forced to be online in order to play, so how would changes work out?

I also like the 2 game a week idea. And I think a further requirement would be to acknowledge your presence on the forum at least once. I can reach out to guys like TINO and create a French thread if needed, but something has to be done to get a hold of people. It's why I'm behind games.

f5penguin
  5. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    They also have a custom option, which is what would be used.

No Streaming Account
  6. K inG x NeymaR

K inG x NeymaR Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -15
    Yes, but with the ''custom option'' you can change your player overall too ... That's the problem.

Neymar999qc
  7. Rushpac

Rushpac First ever back-to-back PLB champion bitches!

Ratings:
    +981 / 17 / -16
    Don't you take away my loser division!

• Like Like x 1
    Rushpac
  8. Rushpac

Ratings:
    +981 / 17 / -16
    are there custom rosters that can be uploaded and downloaded like Madden (I think)? If so, we could put someone in charge of creating and maintaining the rosters

Rushpac
  9. KC x44

KC x44 LGFA's Peter Vermes

Ratings:
    +206 / 11 / -16
    I would hope that the people interested would not do that. If you have to cheat to win, it's kinda sad. But I could see that possibly being an issue.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Cantona 75303

Cantona 75303 Manchester United Owner

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Please dont cut the games per week, its already really short :(

Jeff, you know how i feel about the transfers :))))))

No Streaming Account
  11. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    im def going to be cheating

• Like Like x 5
    tino45
  12. Rushpac

Ratings:
    +981 / 17 / -16

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Rushpac
  13. electrickeeper

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    It's easy to check that, it's not like it would go unnoticed.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. electrickeeper

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I used to play in a league that used the creation center, but they took it out, unfortunately. :(

No Streaming Account
  15. TheNobleArt

TheNobleArt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Random draw of teams on weekly basis

1st week 1 and 1.5 star tea,
    2nd week 2 and 2.5 stars
    3rd week 3 and 3.5 stars
    4th. 4 and 4.5 star
    5th week. 5 STARS team
    6th week: International under 2 stars
    7th week International under 3.5 stars
    8th week. International under 5 stars

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. ImJeff

ImJeff Five time PLB Champion Platinum

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    I'm currently talking with Maxwell about going to a ladder system for the next season and wanted to get everyone's input.

Pros

• There's some people that I honestly would rather just not play. I'm used to losing, I don't mind that. But I'd rather not play the guy who is watching every single one of his replays and has his RT glued down on defense. I can get that wonderful experience in Seasons. A ladder system would to an extent allow you to play who you wanted to play.
      • There would be restrictions put in place much like [MENTION=6796]NugeTV[/MENTION]'s Pro Series ladder for the NHL series which punish you for playing the same team more than X amount of times.
      • Scheduling would be broken up into two components:
        • Blind scheduling through the website. If you're free @ 10pm, put up a challenge on the website for 10pm. Someone who wouldn't be able to see who you are can accept the challenge and you two would play at the time specified. If you run from the game, you receive a forfeit.
        • Off site scheduling: Feel free to add people and schedule a game with them off the website at your own leisure. I realize that a good chunk of people in this league don't frequent the website and already do a lot of their scheduling through XBox.
    • A ladder system allows you to play as many games as you want. There's quite a few people in the league who would play six games a week if we expanded the schedule to six games a week. And then there's a handful of guys that if we did one game a week, I'd have to harass Saturday to get their game in. A ladder allows you to play as much or as little as you'd like.

Cons

• I can see if you're a good player that you might have a hard time finding a game. I don't mind playing some good players if they are decent human beings. But if you're a scumbag and good? It's going to be veeeerrry tough for you to find a game unless you're using the website's blind scheduling.
    • Can see some teams just stop playing altogether if they're not doing well.

Thoughts?

Starwood84
  17. Doc Status

Doc Status dark stasis

Ratings:
    +504 / 8 / -4
    Personally I'd be against going to a ladder system. I feel like the cons outweigh the pros in this situation. Like you said, top players will struggle to find people to play them. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to play someone who is going to kick their ass, but it will make it too hard on the player to find games.

However, I'd be for a combination of the two. I don't know if it's possible, but I'd be completely for a system that had a certain amount of scheduled games per week that you HAD to play and then an option to schedule more games ladder style if you'd like to. That way the good players don't have to deal with everyone avoiding them, but both sides still have the option to play more (hopefully evenly matched) games if they'd like.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. Cantona 75303

Cantona 75303 Manchester United Owner

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I myself would not continue playing if we went to the ladder system, the whole appeal of these league is the 1v1 "League Style" play. People don't want to play against good people? oh well, so fuck. There is always going to be someone better than you, play more and you will get better.

No Streaming Account
  19. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    League play , If i want to play ladder style , ill just play online seasons and look at the leaderboards .
    I liked joffreys idea of having weekly "themes" ... Cant we just do full fantasy soccer ? thats what the VFA needs !

• Like Like x 1
    tino45
  20. Lx_Maxwell_xI

Lx_Maxwell_xI ImJeff is my best friend.

Ratings:
    +741 / 13 / -13
    We won't be doing anything with MLS teams, so if that's what you're looking for then perhaps "the other site" has league openings for that terrible idea.

MaxwellOnline