S4 Draft Review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by nyBARISny, Jan 27, 2017.

?

Who had the best draft?

1. CBJ

2. Buffalo

3. Red Wings

4. Sharks

5. Kins

6. KINGS

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Ive decided to take some time and write a draft review. Now keep in mind as you read i cant know every person 1-90 who is who and who did what, i also dont know all the alternate accounts so dont be upset if your ranking is low because you grabbed bmorebirds in the 3rd round. Anyway my S3 draft review was pretty much on point if i do say so myself if you care to look at that ill leave it here (http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/nhl-s3-draft-recap.242296/) . Also if this has spelling issues which im sure it does @JDForthy , its ok.
    Anyway onto the draft review

Anahiem Ducks- #67 @vCodester im under the assumption that anything after the 60th pick is mostly garbage so im gonna leave this pick alone, its rather late and if he makes a impact for you guys good, if he doesnt...well nothing to be concerned about for you guys.
    Rating- C

Coyotes- No picks (but great show @Moranaconda and @vhigh )
    Rating- N/A

Bruins- The bruins got @jdheagle- after he threw a temper tantrum all week about not wanting to play for certian teams and thats whatever, i dont understand why the community is surprised he dropped to 5 he complained in the shoutbox all week about not playing for picks 2-4 so its not worth explaining it. Then they went out and grabbed a couple of late picks later on that fall into the category of if they work thats great if they dont thats not a big deal. Ive heard that @bottle_man is a decent human so maybe hes good.
    Rating- A you got JD and then a bunch of throwaway picks.

Buffalo Sabres- @Ryan_x_28 those who suffer will be rewarded...with @SkillzPayBills3 at #1 and @sublime-3 at #27 whoi i think is a great pickup. Skillz will obviously take the #1 RD spot and sublime should play on the top 2 lines. Thats 4 million on two guys. EDIT- apparently sublime is a fwd his last gulls game is just incorrect? Idk he's still supposed to be sick.
    Then grabbing @Agent-PC who ive heard is a decent ahl player although seems to be mixed reviews on whether or not he is NHL ready. But at 58 you can take a flyer.
    Rating- A+ cant miss with skillz and if sublime is at the worst a second pairing guy you still make out well. I think this team is still in the rebuild mode but it will look better then last year.

Calgary- Let me be honest here i have no idea who anyone you drafted is. Like 0%, but what i do know is that frenchie nation went nuts over your 48th pick blowing up the shoutbox so im gonna assume he is halfway decent. Im now getting confrimation from JP that "hes the fucking GOAT" so that seems to be a steal at 48. The rest of your picks went super late, and if you are still reading this you understand how i feel about picks after 60.
    Rating- B if @mattperrault is sick then a B is too low.

Carolina Hurricanes- Oh boy....well im sure ill take heat for trashing your draft but whatever. You drafted a righty RW with the number 10 pick...ive seen @PoopinSince95 play he isnt pinder, unless he moves and grabs a one timer this is gonna be a long season for him. @DoubleZERO33 , you my boy DZ but you arent the best goalie in the draft and were picked way too early at 21st thus giving you a 2 million dollar contract for refrence @jonlol got like 1 million more then you in the open market, seems like a slight reach. @TheKaner_88 was worth like 3.25 in season 1 so maybe hes good. And then @BossRoss_FD this must be a friend of mgmt or something hes played 2 games and one he lost 12-1.
    Rating- C- reached on DZ poopin plays RW with a righty stick and you got some friends/VG/SP people with your other picks.
    EDIT- So while i was writing this i was told that poopin is gonna play LW and that hes fucking sick this is accoridng to @I--Chief--I and @JClaus33 so if this draft ends up being sick then they called it first

Blackhawks- I think you got a pick for @jaZz134 idk who you got but doesnt matter because you won the cup and have a huge amount of your roster coming back. Also somone give scootz his award his Club player name is horrid.
    Rating- N/A

Avs- Well @CoUnTeR-AtTaCk43 went into the CHL for his three picks in a row and im almost always sketched out about with people coming up from the CHL to the NHL, but hey maybe these guys are going to the rampage i have no idea. All these picks were 42-44, im just skeptical about each of these picks @John_SheIdon is super nice and im pretty sure hes a robot look at him in the chatbox when he types. @Moore_beast_87 has a awful shooting percantage at 21% in the CHL and this @xBrett97 seems to be a goalie who is halfway decent. Overall these all seem to be 3rd line guys who are going to grow as the season moves on.
    Rating- C+ these guys are all good in the chl can they translate to the NHL? im slightly skeptical.

CBJ- Owner @Gostisbehere53 uh sorry GM @Gostisbehere53 had a much better draft then anyone anticpated. @j_marz25 at 9 is arguably the steal of the draft. The kid is legit and can make any dman look stupid, although yes he does get a little fired up and like to mash the X button and dive a bit but if he grows out of it he will be fine. Grabbing @J_Tryhard_412 at 19 felt like a reach but @I2I-Way-Hockey is a really solid player at 26 and kind of makes up for tryhard at 19. The only issue i have is you are paying these guys 6 million in total without inculding your other draft picks. Itll be interesting to see how those 3 preform because the success of CBJ rides with them. And then they drafted @Fliq71- , he seems like a nice pickup i just want to know whose account this really is....And ive heard Kash is decent.
    Rating- A this entire draft depends on how well tryhard and 2way play.

Detroit Red Wings- I really like this draft alot, yes you got screwed out of @SkillzPayBills3 but who knew if he would have played for you anyway the grabbing of @Guccimane50 is a very solid pick at number 4 then going and grabbing EbonyFetish aka @YunG-_G0D_ was another top 2 line guy who will help this team immensely. @JSILVERS looks halfway decent. Then grabbing @Ducksfan123 at 73 was a steal hes a pretty solid pickup. Then you got two other random guys who i know nothing about.
    Rating- A I really like your first round picks alot and ducks at 73 was a nice grab. overall not a bad first year for @JDForthy

Oilers- @NUKE Freeman was allowed to craft his own team for once and while he didnt get any S1 crunch guys he still made out fine. @Gour_x_71 at 18 wasnt bad although surprised at no @Rickchel98 at that spot. @jewofcanada was a solid grab then you made two picks of people ive never heard of then you went and got @SneakyZeek at 80th overall which is a steal because him and nuke are quite the pair together.
    Rating- B- nothing crazy here although if nuke and zeek play like nhl 16 itll be a great pick at number 80

Panthers- No picks
    Rating- N/A

Kings- Another "new" owner here and they had 3 picks and all 3 of them are really nice adds. Grabbing TFL friends @Shmucked and @Rickchel98 at 46 and 22 are great additions to this roster. Shmuck in my opinion is a top 3 goalie coming out of this draft, and although rick comes with a little bit of baggege im sure he will be fine or maybe he wont and he will get traded who knows. Then @KingJayy204 the chl star dman was picked up late and his stats were nice in the chl, itll be interesting to see if he stays up or ends up being sent down.
    Rating- B+ if rick actually preforms and good shmucked shows up this will be a very nice draft for @Benz0226 .

Minnesota Wild- Hi @ChyzNasty , this was his first draft and he held onto his 13th overall pick and he was rewarded landing @BBK24 at 13 which is disgusting. Assuming he slots in with @eastons17 and chyz to make a pretty nice line, then he went out and got @NjDevil08 who had a nice year in the ahl. The late picks were guys who had nice stats in the chl and i asssume look they knew how to operate a controller in scouting games.
    Rating- B+ Grabbing BBK and Njdevils are two solid bang for your buck picks.

MTL- You had two super late picks, one is a hut desyncher so he can go fuck himself. https://i.reddituploads.com/94b062c...536&w=1536&s=3917d28b1a59f7cc3fcc0a6d608064c6
    Rating- D

Predators- Yall had one pick and grabbed @II-Entryy-II who is as solid as they come at number 6. Rico told me to make this at least a paragraph so at this point this if you are reading this you are making @Tcx7 super happy and me as well because you are reading what a waste of my time this run on sentence was just to make rico happy.
    Rating- A didnt go off the board and got a dman at 6 which is nice for 2 million

Devils- @JClaus33 got a team and had no first round draft picks and he got the leading goal scorer in the AHL who everyone in the ahl seems to be really salty about and his name is @Brentlymulligan not sure why they hate him but they do. Nevertheless the kid is talented and can learn a thing or two from Josh, they also picked up @Badou06 who sounds french so thats cool.
    Rating- B- If brently preforms half as well as his numbers look this draft will be a steal.

Islanders- Yall got @TrapHouseLegend- who is a drop in legend and plays league exactly like he does drop ins all offense and no defense and has limited vision. But i would put him at wing for one million and see what happens worst is he doesnt play defense like half of the wingers in this league anyway. Then you got some dude with a late pick gg.
    Rating- C I dont think trap is anything solid when i played with him as a center if he goes wing i bump this to a C+

New York Rangers- So i have no idea who this john gotti @Vito_Corleone VG hero is but apparently he is decent until i asked the shoutbox and i got the following from a unnamed Penguins goalie "hes good just not better then people who went after him, hes a mid first round talent i feel they reached" Well then you got this @Nino_Nemasis who im assuming is a someone as well, i just cant really get a read on these VG all stars. Then you drafted @LAVERD08 who still wont be picked up for a anybody need 1 line even with his new logo.
    Rating- B- yall reached but the two guys nino and vito are supposed to be good so itll be interesting to see also your 7th pick said this "A moment ago Vito_Corleone : I went 7th lol"

Ottawa- Lb is now alone and without his better more well liked half @JDForthy and went drafting with nice guy @Bloop_33 anyway at 28 yall picked CHL allstar @Philthy813 who had medicore regular season stats and played in front of the best goaltending duo the chl had to offer in @Agger23 who you guys also drafted over @balake96 smh. Anyway if this kid is the real deal then he should be good to go, i just dont believe he is ready he was on a stacked kingston team and was 4 games over .500 in the chl how will he fair versus better competition in a better league. @Agger23 is a nice pick and a nice guy just dont think he was the best on the board.
    Rating- C i think you reached on both of these picks

Flyers- @Dxwny told me to hype his draft up i told him he didnt draft @B-Bunny so there isnt much i could do, ill throw in this youtube video tho . Anyway back to the draft @PolynomC is supposed to be legit and had nice numbers on a bad roadrunners team and the moran bros trusted him enough to ECU which should say something about him. @Bry2230 had servicable numbers on a bad bing sens team (i trusted you @ceeg87 ) and nana said he isnt awful. anyway dxwny be happy that you got a nice youtube video
    Rating- B for a bad and boujee im assuming these are both third liners so whatever.

Penguins- You had one pick and got in my opinion the best goalie in the draft. "But baris @H-spartan-G used to club with you on lemonaid stand you just think hes good" ive watched spartan play alot of teams and when hes on hes a great goalie grabbing him for one million is a much better value then any other goalie anyone in the draft.
    Rating- A Best goalie in the draft in the second round

San Jose Sharks- You know every orginzation has a chance to change the landscape of the team they have when they amass alot of draft picks and hopes that they could possibly turn it around. The sharks had a shit ton of draft picks and what did they do with them all? Nothing this draft was fucking awful im not the only one who thought that as the entire shoutbox thought the same thing. I know the sharks want to do that whole "team thing with no egos" or whatever they do over there but holy shit lets recap this. I still insist that this draft was done by smashing your forehead into the keyboard. Anyway lets go over this slowly
    #8 @xTarasenko91_ is picked over @j_marz25 among other people
    #14 @u_1_2_B_me_ is taken over @Bo-Dangles10 @YunG-_G0D_ and @sublime-3 amongst others
    #15 @dparans seems like a ok guy he plays with Jurrasic puck but he was picked over all the above
    #24 @Sidthekid_pitt87 was drafted over @I2I-Way-Hockey @ImaDoer3 @Brentlymulligan and others
    #35 lets all take a minute to remember that @balake96 was once regarded as a decent goalie and had nice stats in LG because hes about to get fucked. after this pick was taken the next 5 things written in the shoutbox looked like this "RIP BALAKE" this went on until about 2am every time balake typed something in the shoutbox.
    Really this whole draft just confuses me if you missed one or two people give you a pass but i dont know how you miss on 4 picks all in the top 25, this isnt the best draft ever but its still solid. One would think this would be SJS last chance with this mgmt core. I deem this year the "Who will save @Markis tour 2017".
    Review- D for dissapointing

STL Blues- We got @Bo-Dangles10 and @PenguinsHockey__ in the draft they both have nice HUT teams.
    Review- Im not gonna rate my own team if someone wants to do this one team they can that would be nice

Tampa Bay Lightning- @Chaskin12 got a great pick with @OG_KJ at 10 then got @DomSquad100 but no @j_marz25 so that will be interesting to see how that works for Dom early reports are that many think he will struggle initally but youll get a cool video tho. . Anyway @Mclub326 is rated highly in your orginzation i didnt see anything special in the VGPHL he likes to rim the puck around the boards as zone entry i heard @ImaDoer3 is pretty sick tho and @Dazwyy is some french dmen who is highly rated in that community. @Juice_Tron was a late pick so whatever.
    Review- A i think this was a nice draft geting a bunch of good pieces plus OG seems like a good start for Chaskin and his team.

TML- Hmm... @Budz_780 after saying he wouldnt be bullied into taking someone the shoutbox told him to he did the budz thing and took the safe picks in @Kingbling647 and @Scarcella89-_- both who will play for budz until he doesnt give them anyone to play with and they become miserable, and then @Kingbling647 will go on the @bill_1492 diet of only playing the worst teams and attempting to shit on them or he will ask for a trade. @Kingbling647 has sick talent im just curious to see how his playstyle works in the NHL spins and skating backwards wont work on 90% of this league.No idea who daylight is but he must have had the tryout of his life time to get picked at 29. Then yall got @xMeLLo who is solid and likes good music like this
    Review- B you got two guys who will play for you although they werent the best on the board im sure KB willl write a counter essay on why hes the best number two ever and link me to a youtube video.

Canucks- Yall drafted a hut desyncher as well so fuck you @CUMMINSx7 (there i said something bad) anyway you also got this @TMills61_ guy whose supposed to be something special although he has avaibility issues but im sure thatll be a non issue for the canucks. I dont have much on this really sorry Cummins.
    Review- C+ you got a hut desyncher so i wont give you a B plus you dont care about this so whatever

Washington- Im pretty sure they just picked someone out of a hat and drafted him im sure he will go down to hershey and have a nice year in the ahl, best of luck @Chowski777 .
    Review- N/A

Jets- @Panda_l25l told me @Dannyy Briere just picked some random and not to bother with this so i wont.
    Review- Mgmt doesnt care niether do i.

Well hope you guys enjoyed this write up im sure people are gonna get butthurt over it and if you do the best way to prove this wrong is to just preform well, just saying i didnt get much wrong last season.

My Picks
    Best Fwd- @jdheagle-
    Best Dman- @SkillzPayBills3
    Best Goalie- @H-spartan-G
    Best Steal- @Brentlymulligan
    Most to Prove- @Kingbling647

Feel free in the comments to do your picks of the above.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    • Like x 18
    • Winner x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Old x 1
    Nybarisny
  2. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    Kins had the best draft.

K I N S

Kins

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Primetimme1
  3. Serpe x 13

Serpe x 13 Washed Up Center

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 165 / -333
    tl;dr?

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    Serpe_x_13x
  4. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    alot of people gonna be butthurt about the article sabres prob had the best draft

• Like Like x 1
    Nybarisny
  5. KMAC5

KMAC5 Second coming of KMAC

Discord:
    kmac3323#0
    Ratings:
    +649 / 96 / -220
    Righty rw he still was top 10 in points as a righty who cares if he's not there for a 1 t guy still produces just cus u people can't do the same don't mean it's shit he's found a way to work with it and puts up numbers and wins games all that matters

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    kmcdonald_55
  6. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    Im still wondering how the fuck i am a reach at 19

Note: for people rating this negatively, im a troll.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    jtresatti
  7. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    I think there's a reason nobody is a righty RW in the NHL man cept @Str8Syko__ and he just breaks the game so he's allowed to.

Nybarisny
  8. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    You told me I'm mean to you all the time just keeping the course. Although if you keep reading I gave your draft a A

• Like Like x 1
    Nybarisny
  9. OdessaSteps

OdessaSteps I'm still your dad

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    Eh dont really care but when hockey hotline says "a guy we expected to go earlier" then i get offended by Baris calling me a reach

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    jtresatti
  11. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Me and the Moran bros don't always see eye to eye, I value things differently I just remember you not being too crazy. Just go drop 85 points and a +55 and prove me wrong then you can link this

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Nybarisny
  12. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    Im the craziest

jtresatti
  13. LEGAL x 76

LEGAL x 76 TriHard 7

Discord:
    Leg_al#7065
    Ratings:
    +513 / 57 / -320
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    legiticetilt
  14. Ryy0---

Ryy0--- I forget the buttons

Discord:
    ryy0_#0
    Ratings:
    +619 / 6 / -21
    Great writeup baris, very nice work.

• Like Like x 3
    vRyy0v
  15. dparans

dparans West is best

Discord:
    dparans#8064
    Ratings:
    +56 / 3 / -2
    I'll take it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    crymeariver19
  16. meka DVA meka

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    It's not your fault plus y'all usually play us kinda close

Nybarisny
  17. dparans

dparans West is best

Discord:
    dparans#8064
    Ratings:
    +56 / 3 / -2

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    crymeariver19
  18. Mclub326

Mclub326 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Discord:
    Mclub326#2972
    Ratings:
    +189 / 18 / -34
    "Rated highly". :(

• Like Like x 1
    Mclub326
  19. Jayel_p

Jayel_p "Nice Guy"

Discord:
    Jayel_P#7382
    Ratings:
    +27 / 2 / -4
    < Throwaway pick :(

• Funny Funny x 2
    jayel_p
  20. John_SheIdon

John_SheIdon Well-Known Member

Discord:
    John Sheldon#9411
    Ratings:
    +849 / 9 / -28
    @nyBARISny

Awesome write up! I'm looking forward on going out there & EARNING my spot on the :team8: Colorado Avalanche's / :team363: San Antonio Rampages Roster as I am a new face in the locker room & have to earn my dues. I'm hoping to use this as material to build a solid Season 4.
    Thank you & hope to be seeing you out there on the ice eventually.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    John_SheIdon