Question

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by nosice, Aug 24, 2004.

1. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will take a loss in stride, as I did with King Kobra. The only reason I was pissed against windless money, is because even on 3rd and 13 with about :58 left in the game, he was still throwing it long which was pissing me off. Just down the ball already. He apologized which was cool.

Now, before anybody says anything, I know I talked myself into the beating, but still he could have at least just run it or kneed it.

No Streaming Account
  2. EQUIFAX

EQUIFAX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As to not have my words misconstrued and to not shed a negative light on my wanting to be a part of this league I feel as a newby that I must clarify myself.

As someone who is a competitor, I understand the importance of sportmanship especially when it comes to this game. It all depends on your mentality and viewpoint on what sportsmanship really is. Sportsmanship is about respect and believe me, I realize that.

With this game, you can lose at any time which makes it completely realistic. I haven't met a gamer yet that is unstoppable but you keep working towards a goal. If you get beat, you want your revenge. If you win you want to keep that formula going.

If a player is not as game tested as another then that is fine. The point of any loss is to learn from it and move on. Don't think about yesterday and move on to the next game.

Believe me...Windless has kicked my arse enough to tick me off and he knows how I am!

Checking someone's creditbility is not about testing their manhood but seeing if they encompass the core Madden values which are: Sportmanship at the highest level, Gaming Integrity, and a willingness to accept the outcome no matter how devasting it may be.

As in life, anything that doesn't kill you will make you stronger.....

No Streaming Account
  3. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    No, but we're not these individuals, we're gamers playing a sportsmans game!

I know what I would do. If the game was in hand and felt my opponent was struggling, I'd let him know that I was going into a running offense mode, and we'd scrimmage the rest of the game away. Would I score? Sure, but it would be instructional ! :wink:

No Streaming Account
  4. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my guess though would be though if KC was up by 30+ and had the ball with under a minute to go that they would probably kneel and not keep goin for the td :wink:

No Streaming Account
  5. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :oops: I should have said "we" since I'm included in that group. Well, at least the group of players that aren't necessarily good. I hope that I'm good to play with ;)

No Streaming Account
  6. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You're good to play with. I just don't feel like touching this game, I am on like a 10 game losing streak :shock: It sucks, nothing at all is going my way lol. :(

But yes, you are fun to play with, I love playing the Rams...just what if they were still L.A. :)

No Streaming Account
  7. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Kev you right absolutely right but I dont remember doing that except when I was playing, socal, and once again I apoligized and I was pissed which is no excuse. I will take notice of the way I game and see how I handle these situation in the future.

ALL MADDEN

No Streaming Account
  8. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    actually you did it against me too.

No Streaming Account
  9. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh ok well I am sorry, was I doing in a manner of running up the score or what.

No Streaming Account