Pro Am proposal. Wanna hear peoples thoughts on this

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by Hawkeyenation9, Jun 30, 2016.

?

Good idea or no?

1. YES

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. NO

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Need to hear more, but i like it so far

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawkeyenation9

Hawkeyenation9 LGBA League Official

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    Already talked to @Lorenzo2k1976 about this. Thought he was running the pro am side and Thought LGBA was splitting into two, guess its not. Still don't really know who's in charge of what so Ima just post this here so the whole league can comment and the commishs will see it as well.

Probably wont hurt anything

originally when this idea came to me I was going to do it by myself but I realized I can't get a site that doesnt look like shit together, plus don't have much staff to choose from.
    Plus I'm pretty busy as well in my personal life so It wld be just too much.

I originally went to simchampions.com for this idea, cause LGBA at the time (February) were still against the idea of Pro AM (I Think, don't quote me on it). Simcchampions was gonna start it up, but put it on hold for a few months. SO I figured I would come here with it cause League Gaming is a fantastic site and ive been staff in a few different leagues on here.

So that's that.

I'm gonna give u the basics, and if u like the basics I can go more into detail.

. 5v5. That has been done before, and there are some successful leagues out there (LGBA, EBA,)that I have played in. In fact I used to be a commissioner here in the LGBA but had to step down cause I was busy as hell and cldnt help out aka and Bingo properly. Long story short I was a bum ass commish.

One thing I always noticed when I first joined up with Bingo and Aka is that people always requested for us to turn it into a league where players use their created players. Both VBA/EBA and LGBA played team up using real players, and those are the only two leagues I've ever been apart of.

Well enter Pro-Am into the picture and everything changes.

Because of this I came up with the idea of a "Virtual Basketball World" or for short"VBW". Before simchampions does it (they put it on hold till 2k17 I think) we should be the first to do it here.... I really think it will transform the LGBA into something that could possibly be as big as LGHL hockey....heres the basics...

my idea was start with authentic college basketball. players play a few seasons, and then when they want they can go pro and we can add on NBA, or maybe even just generic pro teams we make up. eventually we would have a fully functioning NBA/PRO LEAGUE and a good amount of real college teams and it could be players living out their career with their created players. After all, Living out your "Virtual Career" is League Gamings slogan.

Not only would it be providing the true career experience this site tries to give players, it would also make a rookie draft very interesting. Pro Owners wld get to use real stats and "film" to scout players for their team, since those players wld be playing in college.

I've always felt that other leagues on LG failed to provide the true career experience that the hockey league on here does, and that's LG's goal. With this that cld all change and we cld be the go to place for online 2k. Especially if pro am matchmaking is improved/is easier.

Who knows what it could turn into. We could have players playing in the Olympics, add minor leagues (D league, Euro League, ABA) to the NBA/PRO LEAGUE, etc.

I have an idea for all the rules and stuff (although most of LGBA rules are pretty solid) but we can discuss that later if you all like this idea. or feel free to discuss .

All we need is good staff (which we have) and a forum on this site that fits this league's needs (which we have).

Theres a lot more to be discussed about something like this but If u have questions about anything I was unclear about for just what I wrote right now, please let me know and hopefully ppl support this or it at least sparks some conversation.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    so that whole thing boils down to using college teams as our logos? I can't even tell.

Make a college logo and when guys want to go pro we switch to nba? than we just switch the league to nba logos? or are you asking we take 100 players, take half into a college league and half into an nba league and than....send guys pro when they want?

Some of it sounds solid but it sounds like something you grow into, not just start from go. LGHL has a great career idea because they have the constant inflow of thousands of players through the system. We need a core group of owners/teams before we can do all this grandiose stuff like olympics and d league. LGHL didn't start with those things, they came about due to needs and membership numbers.

It's something i envision us getting to but it's too early.

that post is everywhere man. Get your thoughts together and get a solid point across, too much fluff adn irrelevant stuff that doesn't have anything(i dont think?) with what idea you are trying to get across. Take out your history and other leagues stuff and just tell us what you want.

Sorry if i sound jerk-ish I just think guys won't read a bunch of stuff that has no relevance and won't read or envision what you're thinking. I read the 1st few paragraphs and than started skimming looking for what you were trying to explain.

• Like Like x 1
    BingoKing91
  3. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Is this the basic idea?

Also plan for bigger things if we get private lobbies in 2k17. These last few months of 2k16 are just laying groundwork.

BingoKing91
  4. Hawkeyenation9

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    Well college teams as a logo for a season or two. After a few seasons there might be enough players ready to open up a "pro league". Once that opens players will run out of eligibility (4 seasons in college as a non-coach) or just declare. That means every offseason Owners of the pro teams draft new college players.

Both "leagues" are running at the same time, besides the first few seasons, and college just feeds into NBA when players are ready.

No Streaming Account
  5. Hawkeyenation9

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    I also disagree with it being something we need to grow into.

It think its a completely attainable goal for right now.

Even just starting out wont be that different. Same owners and everything just change the unis for right now basically. Giving players a few choices on who they want to play (non conference scheduling) and then the post season tourneys would be the only thing needed to be fixed to reflect the league accurately. (if there was enough interest about this.)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Hawkeyenation9

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    And yes the D-league and Olympics stuff was to just show what it could possibly turn into. A true career. But obviously that is way down the road.

No Streaming Account
  7. Kermit-_-Wilts

Kermit-_-Wilts Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MpLs Anderson#5166
    Ratings:
    +628 / 11 / -21
    You need to grow into college teams, lets fill up a full league of all NBA teams first and then if we can build a big enough group we can make a college league to act like the AHL that the LGHL has.

• Like Like x 1
    MpLsAnDeRsOn
  8. HyDr0 III

HyDr0 III Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This is a very interesting idea and certainly something the league could turn into down the line. As Bingo and others have said, we don't have enough members at the moment. But this is a very good idea and would add an interesting dynamic to the league that other team-up/pro-am leagues don't have.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. REPTAR 58

REPTAR 58 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The only problem is you can't match up reliably. It works sometimes but in the X1PA playoffs two teams tried for 3 days to match up with no success.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Hawkeyenation9

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    And then all those players don't get a chance to play college? That would completely be backwards to the entire concept itself. The idea is to start in college. Living out a "career"

And u can't treat it like the AHL. It's not to act like a minor league. It's to be what college basketball acts as in real life

No Streaming Account
  11. Hawkeyenation9

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    Other leagues gonna have it by 2k17. I pitched this idea to other sites too, like I said in my original post. I dont wanna see other sites start it when this site cld do the best. I think LG shld move forward with this no doubt.

But that's just me

No Streaming Account
  12. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Shall we include Middle School, High School and AAU ball? You want to worry about all facets when we're trying to get a league started. Those are big plans I don't think you're getting that you're jumping and making something into nothing.

I think you are overthinking this and complicating a simple system that works.

if we get a D League out of this that's more than sufficient than having a college career plus it gives us call ups and downs and we don't have to wait for guys to get through college.

The idea of making an entire career is cool but it slows down the process of a currently 100 person league to do anything as far as growth. Guys don't wanna dink around just to get to what they want when they can go elsewhere and get what they want immediately.

BingoKing91
  13. Hawkeyenation9

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    You're completely missing the point.

I'm not overthinking shit it's called being creative and thinking of something that will really transform this league. Something that will attract players cause it's completely original.

How will it slow down its growth? If anything it's gonna get guys to check something new out.

100 person league doesn't matter either. The only thing that wld be different than what u guys are doing now are the courts, logo, and scheduling system. That's it. Not far fetched at all just switch the courts and unis to college teams and u can go from there.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Hawkeyenation9

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    "Complicating a simple system that works" idk man the league hasn't grown that much. Why wld trying something slightly different be bad?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Wzia

Wzia SotD: Fighting by Yellowcard

Discord:
    wzia.#0
    Ratings:
    +2,078 / 137 / -204
    I'm not understanding: why college? Doesn't it make much more sense having the D-League instead since they're the actual minor league for the NBA?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hawkeyenation9

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    Because having college isnt supposed to act like a minor league. It's supposed to give players something new that has never even been close to being done anywhere else, and make the career experience present. That's why LGHL thrives.

Players play in college and get drafted into the pro league thru a rookie draft. Adds a whole new dynamic to being an owner too.

Not very complicated at all.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Nep Neppy

Nep Neppy Hockey’s Greatest Weeb

Ratings:
    +262 / 19 / -44
    it's a cool idea but we don't have the people like lg nhl does. the nhl league got the nhl setup then made another league. what you're saying is cool in theory it's just not realistic yet

Darkishlarry
  18. Hawkeyenation9

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    It's not just "cool in theory".

It's completely realistic Lol.

Literally all u gotta do is switch to college uni's and courts for right now and u go from there.

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Hawkeyenation9

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    whatever amount of teams we have right now, u just switch those to college courts and unis. That will at least establish the basics of the idea and once ppl get wind of what we are tryna do here it's gonna blow up

No Streaming Account
  20. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    You're not getting that while we all think it's a neat idea. It's not gonna happen here.

Keep shopping it around, we weren't the first league you brought it to, won't be last.

This thread is redundant now.

BingoKing91
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.