Media POLL: Cleveland's moves last week

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by tsibs88, Mar 26, 2017.

?

What statements best describe your opinion on the issue of Cleveland's roster moves?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2017.
  1. Pest did what he needed for his organization

26.4%
  2. Cleveland was already very successful. Why change anything?

7.3%
  3. The players that got them there should have stayed on Cleveland

15.5%
  4. Cleveland has stacked an already stacked team!

11.8%
  5. Not crazy about all the trades but at least they moved their players to good teams

10.9%
  6. LG should consider rule changes to prevent send downs like this

50.9%
  7. That’s life! Get over it and move on!!

38.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Lots of discussion about the moves that 4H Pestilence made last week at the trade deadline, including the move of Brentlymulligan, PoopinSince95, Vito_Corleone and JTx412 from Columbus to Cleveland. What statements best describe your opinion on this issue?

NOTE: YOU CAN CHOOSE UP TO 3 OPTIONS TO VOTE ON!!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    tsibs88
  2. bobbatta

bobbatta Big Dick Bobbatta

Discord:
    Bobbatta#7682
    Ratings:
    +387 / 12 / -33
    I picked 1,4,7. Was disappointed there was no "They aren't good enough for the nhl anyway" option.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. bottle_man

bottle_man Still moving even when the legs stop.

Ratings:
    +330 / 80 / -76
    Donald Trump would say gj, use that loophole. Get rich quick!

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    bottle_man
  4. Shortshadey14

Shortshadey14 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 5 / -6
    Moving players, especially that are your friends, is hardly an easy decision to make for any management team. An while I fully understand doing what it takes to improve the team. If I was one of the players moved away. I would feel pretty upset that I was moved to make room for players on a team in a different league that wasn't going to make the playoffs. The saving grace is that they moved players to playoff teams or playoff contenders. That's my personal opinion an it doesn't mean a thing in the grand scheme of things. Anyways, good luck to all teams the rest of the way, except Cleveland. Lol just kidding.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    When all the Cleveland Blue Jackets players vote for the last option

• Get Good Get Good x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    SGDragonSlayer
  6. PatEthic

PatEthic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 16 / -28
    We shall see with the list of GG you will receive lol

Patque20
  7. Dherms18

Dherms18 #18 C/RW

Discord:
    Dherms#3595
    Ratings:
    +198 / 5 / -6
    As someone who was one of the individuals traded, I felt pretty hurt at the beginning. I watched my name flash in the shoutbox and was stunned. It was really tough to get moved from a team that I really enjoyed playing for, especially with a team that revitalized my interest in playing NHL. However, I understand that GMs need to make moves and am happy that I wound up in an organization with Galchy in it.

There aren't any hard feelings between myself, the Cleveland management, or any of the players.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    Dherms18
  8. TeeSibs

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Take note folks! That is a mature person and a class act!! Hope to have you as a teammate at some point, Dherms!

• Winner Winner x 6
    tsibs88
  9. Goosechuk

Goosechuk Self Proclaimed LGHL PSN Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +851 / 25 / -26
    I do have to say, the only thing that bothers me with situations like this, whether it's at the deadline or in a playoff push, is NHL players getting sent down and replacing players who have been on the team the whole season. It just sucks to see some players put in that spot.

• Like Like x 4
    goosechuk
  10. TeeSibs

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    I totally agree, Goose and I understand that others feel that disappointment as well. Its just the misdirected anger that some of the community has towards Pest and the Columbus/Cleveland organization that I take issue with.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    tsibs88
  11. Wingnutdrw53

Wingnutdrw53 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Wingnutdrw53#1228
    Ratings:
    +269 / 27 / -182
    As much as i don't agree with the rules that pertain to this situation, it is within the rules and is legal. Gotta give their management team credit, it is a smart and clever tactic to be honest.... but don't get me wrong, i think it needs to be changed this off-season as i think the players that were sacrificed to make this kinda move, isn't right - it isn't good for the league and should be changed as other teams will use this ploy every season when NHL teams have given up.. or a NHL team will accumulate draft picks and make these moves on purpose. just doesn't sit right

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. x4HxPESTILENCEx

x4HxPESTILENCEx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x4HxPESTILENCEx#1606
    Ratings:
    +146 / 18 / -26
    I don't see there being a rule change to be honest. It happens every season on Xbox and they're in season 26, if there hasn't been a rule change yet, I don't see it happening now. It also happens in real life as well, in every sport, moving expiring contracts for picks or future assests. A top 14 pick, a 3rd, and a guy that went in the 2nd round this season for 3 guys that weren't even on the top line in Cleveland and weren't going to be resigned, is a deal I couldn't say no to. And anyone that says they wouldn't have done that deal clearly shouldn't be in management. Do I think it's kind of shady? Yeah sort of. But it's there in the rules, and I'm not the first to do it, just the first to pull it off that well and to get future assests for it. Look at what the Sens just did, they sent guys down, and called up ahl players to replace them, the way I did it, I still get to use my guys for their NHL games.

• Like Like x 7
    x4hxpestilencex
  13. epvk78

epvk78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -9
    As someone who helped lay the foundation of Cleveland's dominance and was traded from this team after week 3, I feel for Galchy and Dherms because of the amount of time they had spent with this team contributing to their great success. These are great players and nice guys to play with, so it kind of sucks they don't get to finish what they had started with Cleveland.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    epvk78
  14. T_H_E_C_H_E_F

T_H_E_C_H_E_F Well-Known Member

Discord:
    thechef#7724
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -2
    Honestly the only way I can see a rule amendment would be only allowed First year NHL players to come down and possibly a set amount of veterans.

t_h_e_c_h_e_f123
  15. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 AHLer here!

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +484 / 44 / -54
    One thing that everyone needs to realize here but don't seem to be able to is that this decision goes much deeper than just this season. It helps the nhl team in a few different ways for next season. I'll keep those to myself though as if other people can't figure it out that is just fine with me. If i couldn't have made these moves there is a good chance i would have moved a couple of the 4 players i moved anyway in a deadline move to improve my team. Deadline moves are tough to make though and i knew i had this in my back pocket instead. Also this was going to happen one way or another anyway with pests team not making the playoffs. As it's beneficial for him next season to have these guys sent down before the season ends. Either it was going to happen after week 8 when we send them up to the nhl to rot for a week and ruin their playoff chances or it was going to happen at the trade deadline to bring in assets but most importantly for me with some of these players being my buddies it let them continue their season and have an opportunity to still play in the playoffs.

The part i find funny is that we are still the only team being talked about with this stuff still. A quick look back at the call ups/downs shows that the gulls sent their draft picks down before us in Red_Lights3 (better known as sublime) and TommyLegamerQC who are just as good of players as any of the guys we had sent down. I beat both of them last night showing just how beatable nhl players in the ahl still can be. Sens and Crunch have also started doing it. More will happen yet and by looking at the nhl rosters and standings i have a good idea on what they will be yet and i took the same predictive look when we made these moves to see what kind of rosters we would be facing in the playoffs. Bottom line is i knew i still had to do something at that point if we wanted to win it all, I didn't have the blinders on because we were winning so much like some get. I realize that us being in 1st before the moves spotlighted us more though then those other teams that have started doing it. You guys can keep talking about this for, now as we will give you guys much more to talk about this season yet, so you might as well get used to saying the Cleveland Monsters name.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    I've tried to make logical well reasoned comments toward the matter.

They don't work.

I can tell you the only people I do kind of feel sorry for would be the guys who invest and then get traded away. - But those be the breaks sometime.

It may be time some of you guys put your big boy pants on because the world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.

But in the meantime I just want to tell you how hurt my feelings are, this isn't fair and I wish I were never born.

but it could really be time to just roll with it and stop acting like pest tried to touch your flower.

• Funny Funny x 1
    zubov_x_21
  17. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    Also, wake the F up you bunch of mamsy pamsy boo hoo hobbits. No one has given Cleveland the championship yet! You think this is over? Get out there and beat them.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
    zubov_x_21
  18. KimOPereZ

KimOPereZ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    KimOPereZ#8285
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -2
    It would be simple to legislate this situation.

If a player plays more than X (TBD) games in the NHL, the player can not return to the AHL.

The same principle should apply to the AHL-CHL.

There should also be a minimum number of games played to participate in the playoffs (15 games)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. TeeSibs

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65

I think it can be this simple but I dont think this is going to get legislated any time soon. If you do have an idea like KimO just posted, there is a thread that LGMacDonald started where you can put your suggestions...

http://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/ahl-player-review-mid-season-review.252719/

tsibs88
  20. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 AHLer here!

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +484 / 44 / -54
    I love you for your brutal honesty all the time @IllVIBEZIll! Will you LG marry me?

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account