Playstation sucks

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Staggzilla, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Staggzilla

Staggzilla Straight Cash Homie

Ratings:
    +143 / 0 / -4
    playstation sucks!

Valued PlayStation Network/Qriocity Customer: We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this intrusion, we have: 1) Temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services; 2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and 3) Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by rebuilding our system to provide you with greater protection of your personal information. We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable. Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state/province, zip or postal code), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password, login, password security answers, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data may have been obtained, including purchase history and billing address (city, state/province, zip or postal code). If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence that credit card data was taken at this time, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may also have been obtained. For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security, tax identification or similar number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them as well. To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant, to review your account statements and to monitor your credit or similar types of reports. We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information. Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is our utmost priority. Please contact us at 1-800-345-7669 should you have any additional questions. Sincerely, Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment

No Streaming Account
  2. Pirson x 13

Pirson x 13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 12 / -28
    yes it does, xbox ftw

CurtisP91
  3. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I actually like my PS3 more than I like my 360. As far as online goes, Live is better obviously. But for interface, graphics, and reliability, PS3 all the way.

Gajeske85
  4. Staggzilla

Staggzilla Straight Cash Homie

Ratings:
    +143 / 0 / -4
    ya - when charlie sheen is buying my crack with my credit card I wont be happy

No Streaming Account
  5. GunHavok

GunHavok Pizza

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -1
    prepaid cards ftw.

PunHavok
  6. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Pretty remarkable what happened. The hacking group anonymous warned of something big to hit Sony and sure enough this hits.... Althought they won't take credit for this I wouldn't be surprised.

With the information being "stolen", I'm not too conerned as I bet this was a fun hack rather then a hack to make money

7. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Who has credit card information on their PS? I never inputted any credit card info when I was setting my system up?

Gajeske85