Ontario Reign Scouting Notes

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by tha_nightman, Apr 3, 2016.

1. tha_nightman

tha_nightman Sometimes you just gotta pay the troll toll...

Ratings:
    +45 / 3 / -6
    There seems to be a growing trend in the AHL right now when it comes to camps heh.

Here is the way I look at the upcoming season in the AHL.

I have taken the opportunity to be the GM of this team because I thoroughly enjoy building teams, teaching others, mentoring and ultimately; success. This off season is going to be very critical because it is the first time there will be a draft and many good players from last season in the NHL did not get multi year contracts. It is very possible that a lot of very good players make not make the show. I have been an owner in another league and I believe that I run a pretty good system and that generally my players are leave at the end of season having really enjoyed themselves. So if you are one of those guys who has bounced around a few teams or a few leagues and really havent found a team that you truly enjoyed.... We might be the place for you.

When my AGM @xX-S-P-i-D-eR-Xx or myself are holding camps we will be specifically looking after several different things.

The biggest thing that kills me is players who are far too offensive and think their only job is to rack up points. Players on my team must have a solid defensive game. It is more important to me that you can play defensively, than if you can play offensively. I need you to cover your man in our zone and understand your defensive position. On the breakout, you need to make quick, smart and effective passes without needless and unnecessary dekes. On Zone Entries, you need to keep the puck, cycle or create a scoring opportunity. Backchecking (effectively) is a must.

Specifically to goalies: Drop ins are crappy to judge a goalie. Im gonna look at your positioning and since I play goalie quite a bit, I can judge it fairly accurately I believe.

If you are thinking about trying out for the Ontario Reign, here is the biggest thing to consider first. I won't put up with egos or drama. This is game and it is important to remember that. It is supposed to be fun. I want guys on my team with good personalities that show up ready to have a good time and get two points. A good attitude, respect and a little understanding goes on a long way on party chat. I want team first players on my team who are more interested in team chemistry and enjoying the game while winning than someone who wants to be a top scorer or have the highest -/+

If anyone likes what they see here, feel free to contact me one on one via PSN or skype @ jaredjamesr and we can work on getting you seen. I have no problem working with prospects one on one. If you put in the time, so will I.

Be on the look out for upcoming camps.

NM

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    tha_nightman
  2. KingiKon

KingiKon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 2 / -1
    sign me up !!!

kingikon310
  3. S0ME ROCK

S0ME ROCK The "Great Wall of Finland"

Ratings:
    +567 / 97 / -238
    Can You change the Font Colour. It is hard to read.

Thx...

No Streaming Account
  4. KingiKon

KingiKon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 2 / -1
    i just highlighted it and it was easier, but i agree !!!!

kingikon310
  5. S0ME ROCK

S0ME ROCK The "Great Wall of Finland"

Ratings:
    +567 / 97 / -238
    Just use White...

No Streaming Account
  6. tha_nightman

tha_nightman Sometimes you just gotta pay the troll toll...

Ratings:
    +45 / 3 / -6
    I specifically didn't want you to read it. :thinking:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    tha_nightman