Online League

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by windlessmoney, Sep 27, 2004.

1. windlessmoney

windlessmoney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey I have an idea how about someone else try. I am sorry fellows this is absolutely ridiculous and I have tried making it a public league, private and inviting people. I just don't know what to do.

Well sorry to do to jujimum and MP Please try it one more time

No Streaming Account
  2. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Want me to give it a go? How many people were interested 6 or 7?

No Streaming Account
  3. windlessmoney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    do 6

No Streaming Account
  4. windlessmoney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    THE LEAGUE IS FINALLY UP AND RUNNING..... FOR THOSE WHO DIDNT GET IT IN, I AM SORRY BUT WE NEEDED TO GO AHEAD AND MOVE FORWARD WITH THE TEST.

JUJIMUM I TRIED TO LET YOUPLAY THE FIRST WEEK AND I HAVE A BYE BUT HONESTLY I WAS LAZY AND I CHOOSE TO DO AN AUTOMATED SCHEDULE, SORRY BUDDY.

No Streaming Account
  5. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No problem at all. I'm just glad to see it was able to begin :D

Thanks for working through the problems and getting this going, I can't wait to see how these seasons work.

No Streaming Account
  6. SlickJay

SlickJay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So is it the original League that you started Windless? (LG 10) I'm just curious because I was in, but now I don't see the league in my settings online. If not no biggie, I'll get in the next one.

No Streaming Account
  7. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    SlickJay, it's a different one. After I signed up, it started soon after and it was only then that I realized you weren't in the new one :? Kind of a bummer too since I enjoyed playing you the other day.

No Streaming Account
  8. SlickJay

SlickJay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's alright, maybe we can get some feedback on how it goes through EA. Good luck guys.

No Streaming Account
  9. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Windless and I played a game yesterday (I won):

-No standings or stats in the game for the league... it all has to be viewed from their website.

-No fatigue in ranked games (which is how we have it setup, unfortunately)

-Rookie mode only (be prepared for a SLOOOOOOOOW kick meter), no option for other difficulty levels (this is a deal killer for me).

-No individual player stats. They are nowhere to be found, not even in box scores. Extremely disappointing, although I guess it helps cut down on cheese and poor sportsmanship of padding player stats. The team stats that are tracked are pretty cool though.

Not sure if the league can be viewed publicly, but here are the results of our game:

http://www.easports.com/games/madde...ry.jsp?leagueid=130718&matchid=1156319&home=0

No Streaming Account
  10. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So is anyone going to continue on with the league? I don't care since the stats aren't near what I was hoping they would be. I can't believe there are no individual stats. Plus, with all the other settings, it seems like a waste of time.

Anyway, I feel bad for Windless since he spent a lot of time trying to get this going and yet only one game of three was played in week one (at least it appears this way). I just need to know if I should bother scheduling my game or not.

I'm completely fine if we don't continue, it seems pretty lame to be honest and we might as well play exhibition games here :roll:

This wasn't a knock towards those who didn't play, I now just want to know if it's still a go. I hope not :twisted: . Only because of what I said above.

*EDIT* Ok, forget what I said. I just checked my email and I have one from 10/2 saying the round has advanced and my next opponent is King Kobra, then I have one from 10/5 saying the round has advanced and my opponent is King Kobra, and then 2 minutes later I had received another one saying the round has advanced and my opponent is WISCDAN. So...it looks like their leagues are completely screwed up still so I think (hope) we just end this waste of time.

Sorry Windless :?

No Streaming Account
  11. windlessmoney

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey jujimum, you are to considerate man. I was doing this for everyone but I was just as excited to see what it would be like. I took the responsibility on my own. I had fun for the one game I did play, which I normally do when playing XBJ. Even though he did beat me on a Kick Return to the HIZZLE

No Streaming Account
  12. dan53080

dan53080 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I feel the same juji...Waste of time..I tried to hook up with Kobra but we never did.......I will play it out if we need to but if we are going to just scrap it , it is fine with me.....

Very lame for an EA league....Maybe they should take some pointers from League Gaming...

No Streaming Account
  13. King Kobra

King Kobra Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Dan we couldn't hook up but Sunday night , but I worked all weekend and then I had two league games in NCAA and Madden that actually meant something, so my priorities were there first.

As far as what I went and looked at it is absolutely pitiful.
    I say nevermind looking at leaguegaming just look at what ESPN's site tracks it it is absolutely amazing, and I don't even like that game. Madden eveidentally has been hooked up with PS2 too long and has also missed out on the Beauty of the XBOX and its online gaming model.

Heck I say even XSN was better than what I saw on the Premium pass site. I know they aren't planning on charging for that crap next year? Surely not.

If you haven't checked out ESPN's online leagues site. Give it a look just to see what a league site/service should look like check out the NFL 2K5 league there is a link to their site in the first post.

Oh yea, and many many thanks to windless for all the hard work getting this up to see what it looked like. It was like trying to take the cellophane off of a music CD you have been waiting to come out only to find out the music sucked. :?

No Streaming Account
  14. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ESPN's leagues arent that great either. They sure look nice but other than that they are pretty bad. The problem with all these leagues is the fact you pretty much have no control. Until EA or ESPN gives you ultimate control of how you run your league then league gaming will always be the best option.

No Streaming Account
  15. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ESPn is improving their control options, I just wish they could do something else with the playoffs and scheduling stuff.

No Streaming Account
  16. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    There was a post over at XGP with a quote from a ESPN staffer saying they are working on something to get it so we can pick our schedules. I will try and find the post.

Gajeske85