Notes, future changes discussion, etc.

Discussion in 'LGCOD PSN' started by jonlol, Nov 8, 2016.

1. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    4v4 vs 5v5 – for PC SnD was always 5v5 and the mode plays way better that way, however I'm aware console CoD things were always 4v4. I know you rotated game types, that would be my guess as to why 4v4 was used since it works better for other game modes. What about strictly SnD though?

Stopping Power/Juggernaut – the on going debate. We've left both perks enabled for S1 to allow for more variation in the game (rather than forcing SoH), but from a competitive standpoint stopping power makes the M16 the next best thing to a scope. Turning off stopping power made the scopes underpowered, but the M16 balanced. Turning off JUGG made the M16 an absolute animal. Thoughts?

Variable: 130% health/stopping power on/juggernaut off – the good thing about this variable is that it made the M16 balanced, made the SMGs balanced, however made snipers "underpowered" again. Is it underpowered because you have to hit a player in the upper chest/head for a 1 shot kill? Should scopes be a 1 hit kill in the gut/mid back?

I'd argue the most balanced version I played was stopping power off/jug off, snipers required better accuracy because you needed to hit a person at shoulder level rather than just in the stomach. To me that requires players to have more skill, but some people bitch about no variables and weak snipers.

Stun Grenades: Are really crappy to deal with. They are good for stopping rushes, but can be abused to stun a guy and then just spray him down. They are currently limited to 1 per player, which makes them more tolerable, but even then they can be abused as previously mentioned. Once again my personal take is to ban stuns, but for the sake of variability it has been enabled for season 1.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    eashlgoalie
  2. PackinDips

PackinDips Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I never got to play much CoD4 comp but I would say the 130% health would probably be the best way to go with it , when sniping In competitive I imagine the only real issue is when you get up close and end up getting a hitmarker or something that cost the game. But I would rather trade the 30% health for jugg. Even with jugg in the game I would still argue that snipers require better aim, depending how many people run it but if you have a team running it you're aiming high, so I would even say its a win win.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pizzaboy_98

pizzaboy_98 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe change the time to 2 minute rounds rather than 1:30? 1:30 is a little quick for botg but 2 min would be perfect

No Streaming Account
  4. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    2 minutes would be perfect if that was an option in the private lobby menu :(

eashlgoalie
  5. pizzaboy_98

pizzaboy_98 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ahhhh I haven't gotten the game yet so I was unaware, that sucks lo

Maybe 2:30 like MLG/UMG then? 1:30 just seems really fast for botg search

No Streaming Account