NHL 2K11 Wish List

Discussion in '2K NHL Hockey' started by kiddstyle, Oct 19, 2009.

1. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I reviewed my old wish list and many items have been addressed.

Here is my wishlist after a few games of 2K11. I will add more things to the list as I play the game more.

Offense
    Dumping the puck
    Might as well copy EA and use the RB plus the stick to dump. I think all moves related to shooting should be done with the stick. Except poke check.

Deking
    The deking looks odd. When using the right stick to deke, my player will move in the direction I want to deke. It’s almost like when the right stick is used, the left stick becomes useless. The right stick changing direction of the player needs to be fixed. The player tends to move in a weird circle angle when using the right stick to deke. The right stick should be used for the stick only, nothing else. The player should be able to continue to skate when deking. Players in the NHL can do this. See 2K8 for an example.

LB or something else should be used for full 360 degree control. Press the modifier and the stick becomes a 360 deke stick. Deking could still be done without the modifier, but you would have more control.

Shooting
    While it is nice to be able to put the puck between the legs and off the skates, it really makes other things not work well. Shooting is one example. Sometimes I will shoot and if I don’t have it at the perfect angle, a fake shot will occur. Example, I take a slapshot and I am off by a bit, it will fake shot, then a wrist shot will occur.

Use EA’s method for wrist shots. Currently when pressing up on the stick, the player goes into a typical 2K canned animation for shooting. Pressing the right stick up should shoot the puck as fast as I press the stick. I press up and it should flick the puck forward quickly, depending on how fast I press up.

Loaded wristers should be brought back. Pressing the stick in a half circle motion should increase the power behind the wrist shot. See EA’s game.

Bring back the modifier for shooting.

Special moves
    These should be done by pressing a modified and moving the left stick in a half-circle motion.

Defense
    Poke check on Y button as an option.

You should be able to wave the stick side to side while skating backwards. I remember WWTC posting that they did it in the current way because they didn’t want players skating backwards waving their stick side to side like crazy. How about this then? You skate slower, but can still skate when moving it side to side. Players in the NHL and at all types of levels can skate backwards and move their stick side to side. See 2K7 for an example of the best defensive stick of all time.

When transitioning from forward skating to backward skating, the player will do some animation that moves them awkwardly.

Get rid of the ice-diving. It was changed in 2K8 and yet it was brought back in 2K9.

Goalies
    See any one of Venoms posts about goalies, or see 2K8 as an example.

Presentation
    Show the person who assisted on the goal.

More stat overlays during the game. When on a PP or PK, show yearly stats. Show stats for faceoffs while we are waiting for the center to skate around for a bit before the faceoff starts. Or cut down the time prior to a faceoff. Or allow us to set up a presentation option to skip this. I think I spend more time waiting for the faceoff to start than playing the actual game.

AI
    The AI is pretty good but the CPU tends to follow me behind the net too much. I like that they come back there, but it happens too much.

The CPU AI is too aggressive when down a man waiting for a penalty and also when they are on the penalty kill.

Franchise
    Find a player should return.

2k8 trade finder should return.

Trade analyzer tool in-game.

Historic team in franchise.

A headline for players that are planning on retiring at the end of the year. Some players announce they will not be returning. This is in NBA’s game and might be in the NHL game.

Shootouts
    I can never remember what buttons do what and what players can do what. I would like to see a coach’s recommendation, or player’s choice that lists buttons for moves to try to make it easier.

Misc
    Allow people to turn off post-cut replays. I hate watching the ref skate slowly to the circle, stand waiting to drop the puck, then the camera angles changes. The NBA is just as bad waiting for the ref to walk over to hand the ball to the player to be thrown in. I would rather play the game and not wait for this type of stuff to occur.

This game seems to play better on my 21 inch LCD vs. my 61 inch TV. Not sure why.
    Maybe it’s because it’s easier to see the action up close.

More camera angles.

Customizable controls.

Canned animations. Some animations need to go. The one where the player gets hit and his stick goes up in the air but the puck is glued to the stick, terrible animation. Animations should not take my player out of position or frustrate the user. One example was a few years ago when players would try to stop the puck with their skates on defense. This animation drove me nuts.

Bring back historic teams.

Mid-game saves, like the baseball series and the NBA series

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
    No Streaming Account
  2. cup4blues

cup4blues cup4blues#5216

Discord:
    cup4blues#5216
    Ratings:
    +101 / 10 / -6
    For me it's something I've been saying for years now, and it's the only thing EA's gotten right....steal the skill stick. Other than me being a poor bastard with no money for any more video games, the main reason I didn't get 2k9 and why I won't get 2k10 is because I have a really hard time going back and forth through control schemes. There are people playing 10 that are looking for an authentic gameplay experience, but their afraid to try 2k10 because of the control change.

Also they need to go back to 2k5/2k6 defense where you had full control of the stick and what direction you were skating independently. I was a ****ing beast on D in 2k5 with the total stick control.

cup4bluesNHL
  3. Heater41

Heater41 London Knights Owner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    From a presentation aspect I would like to see not only who scored the goal but also the assists appear on the screen. Just seeing the scorer looks extremely odd. As well, I'd like to see team specific goal horns AND team specific post goal music as each NHL team uses. They are there for certain teams but not all. As well, PP and PK music. There would be nothing better than playing in SJ and hearing the theme from Jaws. More cut scenes would also be a nice addition to the presentation.

From a game play standpoint the individuals who program the sliders really need to focus and make it play sim OUT OF THE BOX. I have it playing really well with sliders that I spent mega time on but you would think the programming team could get it right. I have no complaints from the offline dynasty mode (GREAT JOB TRIS) and I do not play online so I cannot comment.

Overall, this has been a fun game this season!

No Streaming Account