* New * NHL 18 Beta General Feed Back

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Trey x93

Trey x93 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trey_x93#0
    Ratings:
    +43 / 2 / -8
    I think faceoffs should be removed in Three's all together. I like the fast pace and appreciate what they did after scoring a goal but the intermission slows it enough I just want to jump right back in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    trey_x93
  2. Gh0sT 1369

Gh0sT 1369 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +230 / 190 / -180
    Everything feels that much better , except for puck pick ups, it's funny watching goalies run out in threes, especially AI goalies and walk over the puck like they forgot what they came out for, happens too often, or a player reaches out for the puck and misses completely then looks so dumb founded ...

Worst thing is no changes to goaltender animations, they still pull limbs in before sticking them out resulting in silly goals, Five holes seem easier to score on ...

I also still hate the fact that if I go for a stick lift to prevent my opponent from getting an opportunity, but the games animations take priority over a humans and make my player reach out and pick up a puck, but he fails and my opponent scores, the game just screwed me... With defensive skill stick we can now poke pucks away without the game taking over which is nice...

No Streaming Account
  3. CAPTAIN TURTL3

CAPTAIN TURTL3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 8 / -10
    Its a Beta, so there are limited players, so there are limited game modes so you can find a game. If they had all these game modes there wouldn't be enough goalies for all of them. You'll be able to play G in 3's drop ins at launch.

Why don't you just play 4's in club for the beta? Literally the same thing....

captain_turtl31
  4. JRD I96I

JRD I96I GoHabsGo

Discord:
    TheCoach96#3279
    Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0
    Doesn't really matter what we write or think
    A month into the game tuners will fuck the game up yet again and we will be stuck with the same piece of junk we play this year

• Like Like x 1
    TheCoach_96
  5. MoxRox

MoxRox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hey, would love a code for Xbox, and happy to post a review after the weekend.

Thanks!

Mox

ey

No Streaming Account
  6. Zamne

Zamne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,169 / 43 / -56
    If I'm 1on1 with a dman or 1on2 with no passing option there's no hope unlike previous years.

No Streaming Account
  7. HitByTheBest95

HitByTheBest95 Calder Cup Champion #2020Admirals

Ratings:
    +240 / 27 / -30
    After playing the beta for a while and getting used to it I have to say that the Defensive skill stick is useless to me, I dont use it and I feel like im better at doing through the leg passes to my team instead of using it. the new dekes are cool not just for offense but D too

HitByTheBest95
  8. l HowieDoo l

l HowieDoo l Pylon here!!

Ratings:
    +1,461 / 57 / -75
    The game feels alot better than 17. Granted the beta for 17 felt this way until title release. The new dekes and skill stick are a good addition. If people dont like them they dont have to use them so that really doesnt matter to me all that much.

I dont want to beat a dead horse but puck pick ups are awful. It drives me insane to skate cirlce around the puck.

And when holding the left trigger sometimes my guy just skates where ever he wants, without the puck. This happened it 17 and is now happening in 18. Not touching my left stick at all just holding left trigger gliding and he just darts in to a random direction.

HowieDoo
  9. dmcgloin

dmcgloin Psn:dmcgloin

Discord:
    dmcgloin#0
    Ratings:
    +11 / 2 / -0
    I think in 18 they need to bring back online practice mode. It helps players practice without them having to worry about their cr.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. DamilkMan596

DamilkMan596 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -2
    Yea, especially as a defenseman. You have to use L2 to face the puck, but then when you release it your dude does some weird as spin skate animation even though you don't touch anything. As for puck pickups I have noticed they are better for me. I have a feeling that the "pickup chance" is situational for certain builds. So for me as a defensive d-man I notice my player having a much easier time picking up pucks in Beta in my own zone. I have also been playing on my strong side because of the skill stick introduction and holding the puck in the offensive zone along the boards is much easier for me.

No Streaming Account
  11. radicalapex

radicalapex Well-Known Member

Discord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +624 / 5 / -18
    We had an EASHL 3v3 game last night in which all 6 skaters were circling a stationary puck unable to pick it up. Finally someone landed a poke on it, got it moving, and we were playing once again.

radapex
  12. Gh0sT 1369

Gh0sT 1369 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +230 / 190 / -180

And that's how it should be vs a competent d man, if you are 2 on 1 and have no pass it means you have to shoot or make a highly skilled play, which is why people like kane, Crosby , Ovechkin, are superstars because they can find a way to get it done when it seems impossible... Welcome to hockey ... And it's about time each recognizes the defensive struggles and give defense a boost.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. SgtVandoos

SgtVandoos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 11 / -18
    The overall game play doesn't seem very different, aside the extra dekes. Of course the D-man stick movement to block passing lanes is a great addition. I also like the fact that that the new dekes are not executed as fast as a normal deke since those dekes aren't suppose to be easy to execute in real life, nice to see that more button pressing is required, making development slower. I might chsnge as the year progresses as it will probably be done faster. Goalies as every year, is the 1 posion that sees the fewest improvement. Stick range of motion is good but still not sufficient for players speed. My point on that being that once the G is commited to a movement it is better then before, but still hard to change position specially from the paddle down psn, but even worse, is the animation taking over as soon as the shot is taken.

Finally the 3 vs 3 is also great addition. Overall good improvement for skilled players but none or not enough done for Gs to match those

sgtvandoos
  14. Lord Skahgz

Lord Skahgz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    lordskahgz#0
    Ratings:
    +159 / 19 / -41
    not sure if this has been mentioned or if this this is the right thread to post in but: please fix the Goalie animations, G's still have trouble covering the puck, they still get glitched when hit, they still can't see the puck in front of them on any camera angle (unless you use down perspective which is terrible) no Goalie goes full butterfly to cover a puck, why can't they just put the glove over it to stop it, once they stick stop it, every time i see the replay, i stick stop it, can't see where the puck is, i press Y to cover the puck and then the puck gets passed backwards out of my reach and then its an easy goal, happens way too often.

LordSkahgz
  15. Mike Shea 19

Mike Shea 19 Hi

Ratings:
    +118 / 5 / -14
    The thing I've most enjoyed about the beta is being able to play every game mode with friends! No more boring 1 v 1 versus games and if I heard correctly you can play with up to 5 people in hut as well, which sounds fun! I actually had fun playing a 2 v 2 versus game, just wish the game speed was a bit quicker! The 3 on 3 arcade mode is great! I love how over powered the hitting is! It's great to see ea finally added modes to the game that open up the ice like the arcade 3 v 3 and club 3 v 3 modes. Club games overall feel slower, even though the builds are supposedly faster.

With the game play I would like to see the puck pickups be more seamless and hopefully the computers get toned down because if you play a team of cpus, when they end up getting in the offensive zone they start cycling the puck and within 8 seconds they already made 5 to 7 quick passes and took a wrist shot in the slot. Even on pro difficulty they are tough to defend lol.

No Streaming Account
  16. Delusional6346

Delusional6346 First Ballot 19 and 2nd ranked player in Arizona

Ratings:
    +195 / 183 / -207
    So stick movement is heavy n slow, deking slow, net comin off needs to not be in it either.. faceoffs are weak and chopping puck needs to be changed back

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Riktorious

Riktorious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 37 / -21
    Overall improvement everywhere. I think the goal was more realistic play. 3 v 3 does encourage trying dekes and individual puck hogs. Hitting more accurate but players still can drag the puck too much. Players should slow down with the puck unless skating straight. Goalie huge improvement. Smoother movements. Getting dropped out of games.. but that's beta.

No Streaming Account
  18. Belial I19I

Belial I19I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +259 / 19 / -35
    Overall just want the speed of the game improved.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Belial_I19I
  19. darz44

darz44 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 2 / -6
    Glitch: In EASHL, when selecting 'prefer down' for camera perspective, controller settings (hybrid/Skillstick/NHL94) do not save from game to game.

This has been a glitch in the game 5+ years, please fix

No Streaming Account
  20. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    The new dekes mean nothing for 6s if you need a dangler or playmaker to pull them off. It's probably too late, but IMO the builds with higher hands should be able to do the dekes faster and without sacrificing as much speed instead of other builds handling the puck like they're Luke Schenn.

No Streaming Account