Media and the LGVFA : Game Clips

Discussion in 'LGVFA' started by Starwood18, Feb 2, 2015.

1. ImJeff

ImJeff Five time PLB Champion Platinum

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    In the past year or so, @Tris10 has been working on a lot of tools to integrate some of the wonderful features of the XBox One into the LG website. This mainly breaks down to streaming and game clips which are now available to anyone who has an XBox One without the purchase of a dedicated personal video recorder device. With the NHL being held back to repeat 2nd grade again, a lot of these features are going to waste. I'm beginning to see them in the LGFA, but I'd really like to see the LGVFA "set the tone" and show the other leagues what a league that regularly integrates these features can look like.

Game Clips

Recording

With a Kinect, recording a sweet goal, nice ball movement, lucky save, or random EA bullshit is pretty easy and most of you are aware that "XBox Record That" will record the last 30 seconds of gameplay.

Without a Kinect you can double tap the Home button and press X to record the last 30 seconds of game play. Does exactly what saying "Xbox Record That" does. (Thanks [MENTION=7805]Viktomize[/MENTION])

With and Without a Kinect, nicer goals are automatically saved by the game such as chip shots, fancy shots, volleys.

Uploading and Linking with LGVFA

Now that you've recorded your clips, it's time to add and point your clips at the games that they occurred in LGVFA. Doing this part of the process will allow players to look at your game score and see highlights from that game.

Go to the LGVFA part of the website: http://leaguegaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?489-LGVFA

You should see your recent games and your upcoming games. You may have to mess with the Date Range if you're looking for games further back. Click on the game you'd like to add clips to.

[​IMG]

Once in the game screen, you'll need to click on the "Add Your Clips to This Game" button in red:

[​IMG]

In this screen, you'll need to sync your clips before adding them. You can do so by clicking the "Download all my Xbox One Clips From Xbox" button at the top of the module:

[​IMG]

Once this is done, it will refresh and show you clips that you can choose from. Simply click on the clips you'd like to add, and click "Add Clips to Game". You'll notice at the top of the game screen now that any clips you have added will show up there. Try refreshing the page if this hasn't occurred yet.

[​IMG]

That's it! A pretty simple process that can really add to the experience of LGVFA. If it gets popular enough we can start doing a goals of the week feature and possibly further media content based around these highlights.

This won't be something I'll be forcing on people to do. It's really stupid to kick someone out of the league because they don't upload enough highlights for the league, but it is something that I highly recommend. I think it will do wonders as far as growing the league and really setting the tone for the other leagues as far as how well media can be done with the help of Tris' tools.

If you have any questions with this or I was incorrect in any of my explanations, feel free to ask me a question. If you have any other advice, feel free to add on to this.

If anyone wants some further information on Game Clips, Tris has a YouTube video instruction video (which is a little out of date) and goes a bit more in depth than I do:
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/showthread.php?203822-New-Feature-Xbox-One-Clips

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 7
    Starwood84
  2. Viktomize

Viktomize Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Viktomize#5842
    Ratings:
    +792 / 9 / -31
    Also to add to this, with or without a Kinect you can double tap the Home button and press X to record the last 30 seconds of game play. Does exactly what saying "Xbox Record That" does.

• Like Like x 1
    Viktomize94
  3. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Wonderful, thanks man.

Starwood84
  4. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    No you are

No Streaming Account
  5. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Nice championship ring.

Starwood84
  6. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    After I try to download my clips, it says refreshing, then never refreshes, so I can't manually add clips. :(

No Streaming Account