Mayweather VS McGregor - Poll & Debate

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Mitch_Marner16, Jul 21, 2017.

?

How will this fight end?

1. Mayweather Wins By KO

17.9%
  2. Mayweather Wins By Dec

54.7%
  3. McGregor Wins By KO

22.6%
  4. McGregor Wins By Dec

4.7%
  1. Mitch_Marner16

Mitch_Marner16 Kobe_Bryant24

Ratings:
    +20 / 12 / -31
    The biggest fight in history is going down on Aug 26th

I'll break down both fighters career's before i give my final decision coming from a guy that's watched UFC since UFC 1 where Royce Gracie dominated with his jiujitsu, and has a deep knowledge in the history of boxing and even competed for multiple years at an amateur boxing level.

Not calling myself an expert but i spent lots of time going back and watching and studying tapes of all the greatest boxers of all time dating back to the first ever African american boxing champion Jack Johnson in 1908. "
    "for more than thirteen years, Jack Johnson was the most famous and the most notorious African-American on Earth" " - quote by ken burns in his documentary.

i bring this up because that quote fits Floyd Mayweather perfectly. Ring Magazine had Floyd ranked the #1 p4p since 2005. almost 13 years at #1 and he has been the most notorious, perhaps the most famous african american (highest ppv numbers of all time) (highest paid athlete of all time outside of endorsements- based off what they made from the sport)

Floyd Mayweather had started his boxing journey before the age of 5 his father was a great boxer himself and fought the great Sugar Ray Leonard. Floyd was destined to be great showing prodigy like skills at a very young age. Many people know that Floyd is 49-0 as a pro but not many know or remember that he lost before going pro after he was robbed in the Olympics in the semi finals for his shot at an Olympic gold medal.
    (“That was the biggest argument I’ve ever had in the Olympic Games,” said Mitchell, who went to the games in 2004 and 2012 as the U.S. boxing team’s technical coordinator. “I raised hell. He won that fight, there was no question about it.”)

Floyd would have been a legend regardless but i think this loss before going pro put a huge chip on his shoulder to go on and become the greatest boxer of all time. Floyd has been undefeated ever since his pro debut in 1996, Won his first world title in 1998 against Genaro Hernandez who had a record of 38-1-1. Since then Floyd has won the title in FIVE different divisions and has defeated more boxing champions than any boxer in history.
    Floyd has the best connect rating in all of boxing, his +/- is +24 meaning his connect rate is 41% vs his opponents connect rate at 17% when it comes to punching. this stat alone proves that when it comes to boxing, Floyd is hands down the greatest boxer of all time when it comes to hitting and not getting hit. The next best +/- in boxing is Canelo Alvarez who is +18 meaning he connects 42% of his punches but his opponents land 24%. Mayweather made easy work out of Canelo when they had a championship fight. Canelo at the time was 42-0.

McGregor has an MMA record of 21-3. He was submitted twice early in his pro career and submitted recently in a fight vs Diaz. Ground game has never been McGregor's strength, it is his stand up fighting that is so impressive. having knocked out every opponent he has faced in the UFC besides Max Holloway & Nate Diaz, it's true that McGregor does have legitimate boxing skills and knockout capabilities.
    McGregor does not nearly have the same experience as floyd when it comes to championship fights.
    Mayweather has had 25 title fights with 15 wins by decision and 10 by KO, McGregor has fought in 2 title fights and won both by very impressive 1st round knockouts.

McGregor only went the full 5 round distance one time and to be completely honest, he looked gassed later on and barely won against diaz in a stand-up fight where Diaz ONLY boxed with him, but to his credit Diaz is the bigger fighter and is very very tough and also one of the better boxers in MMA.
    Mayweather has gone 12 rounds so many times and his strength is his insane conditioning. it's facts that no boxer trains as hard as Floyd Mayweather. 12 rounds is easy to him and when his opponents start to fade, he becomes insanely dominant, basically unhittable and figures the opponent out and starts destroying them with counters.

Mayweather fought opponents with the same knockout power McGregor possesses, so this wont be new to him. However McGregor has never fought a pure boxer in a pro boxing match! McGregor is going into unfamiliar territory against the GREATEST OF ALL TIME!

My final thoughts on the fight.

IF McGregor is smart, he won't fall into Mayweather's trap and be super agressive. McGregor HAS to be a counter puncher in this fight! Floyd is way to great defensively for McGregor to risk gassing himself by going in there like a maniac and swinging like a mad man how some people think he will. If he does, he will for sure become fatigued in the later rounds and Floyd will have his way and knock him out. Conor has to let Floyd attack first and Conor has to try and land his strong counter punch for the knockout the same way he did against Aldo. It's honestly his only chance.

Floyd is a counter puncher and when he fought against other counter punchers, he out waits them and forces the counter puncher to attack him first so he falls into Floyds trap. This has lead to some very boring fights to the average fan but to the "boxing heads" it's genius and he's the greatest to ever do it even though it may not be as exciting to watch like a Mike Tyson fight.

IF Conor is aggressive and doesn't attempt to be the counter puncher, Floyd is knocking him out period.
    IF Conor tries to counter punch and doesn't play into Floyd's waiting/counter game, he has a slight chance of landing that KO punch when the fans start to BOOOOO because it's a very boring fight to watch and MAYBE Floyd will then try to play the aggressor and risks getting hit with a hard counter by McGregor.

My Prediction

Floyd by knockout around round 10.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    • Old Old x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    I'd kick your ass.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    Primetimme1
  3. Mitch_Marner16

Ratings:
    +20 / 12 / -31
    Haha i gave up boxing when i started working full time after school but we can fight on UFC 2!

No Streaming Account
  4. DTA Today

DTA Today am j0 buddin on nu jerzy

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    floyd sr fought sugar ray leonard not sugar ray robinson

No Streaming Account
  5. Mitch_Marner16

Ratings:
    +20 / 12 / -31
    thanks. will correct, i typed this off the top of my head and knew i'd have a typo somewhere. i know he didn't fight robinson.the leonard fight was great but floyd fought with a broken hand and lost.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    No Streaming Account
  6. SkillzPayBills3

SkillzPayBills3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 11 / -67
    You really didnt need to make this big of a thread mayweather is 49-0 and mcgregor never boxed in his life. Mayweather is the best defensive boxer ever mcgregor literally never boxed before. This wont be a entertaining fight it will be mayweather hitting him then running on the treadmill for 12 rounds. Easy decision win for Mayweather

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Skillzpay3
  7. Mitch_Marner16

Ratings:
    +20 / 12 / -31
    not many people are informed on each fighters backround so here is just a quick review. its not that much writing and only takes a quick minute or two to read it.

No Streaming Account
  8. Defianttz

Defianttz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 3 / -8
    49-1

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    defianttz20
  9. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    Randy Orton will K.O. them both outta nowhere.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. Userpic1306

Userpic1306 Warning Group

Ratings:
    +674 / 15 / -45
    Both dominant in their respected sports. But McGregor boxing Floyd is like Usain Bolt trying to beat Micheal Phelps in swimming match. Not happening.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. SubIime3

SubIime3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +158 / 11 / -17
    Will be as entertaining as watching Floyd hit a heavy bag. Connor has about the same odds Floyds baby mama had.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. MarcoGoes5H0LE

MarcoGoes5H0LE Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MarcoGoes5Hole#9335
    Ratings:
    +222 / 8 / -10
    TMT

• Like Like x 1
    MarcoGoes5Hole
  13. OdessaSteps

OdessaSteps I'm still your dad

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    Ali Frazer was the biggest fight of all time. I honestly believe no one will ever come close to that. Maybe I'm looking at it with knowledge of hindsight but even at that. This reeks of publicity stunt. This is only about the money, especially now that it's public that Mayweather owes the IRS back taxes. McGregor has never had a pro boxing fight as far as I know. The only way he wins is if he gets lucky and tags him with a left. Floyd won't get a KO, his hands will break again before he can do enough damage to score a significant knockdown. I doubt Floyd even gets hit a whole lot. It's going to be a lot of defense, a lot of clinch and a Mayweather win by decision. Everyone needs to get ready to be disappointed. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Th3 l AnD 0n1y

Th3 l AnD 0n1y The Lord

Discord:
    th3land0n1y#0
    Ratings:
    +1,317 / 61 / -31
    Fuck the mayweathers

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    th3_1_and_0n1y
  15. x Pinto 57

x Pinto 57 Tha Choosen One

Discord:
    xpinto57#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 45 / -73
    maywheater is an stupid asshole so mcgregor lets fkg go son

xbarrie__x
  16. BroadwayCJ97

BroadwayCJ97 The All Time LGFA Saves Leader

Ratings:
    +613 / 54 / -157
    If anyone thinks Mayweather is going to lose I would be happy to take your money

• Winner Winner x 1
    BroadwayCJ97
  17. Gourr-

Gourr- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gourr#0
    Ratings:
    +1,176 / 130 / -783
    Fook Da Maywetturz

• Old Old x 1
    oGour
  18. Mr_Invidious

Mr_Invidious Sports Business Professional, Bad eSports Player

Ratings:
    +592 / 3 / -5
    Connor lands a few shots throughout the entire fight but Floyd leaves pretty much undamaged. Mayweather by decision where he point fights to win nearly every round unanimously. Floyd goes 50-0. McGregor doesn't lose credibility because of course he wouldn't win.

This has been the plan since day 1. Arguably the most predictable big money fight, MMA or boxing, I've seen in a while.

McGregor is what he is, but he's probably barely even top 5 pound-for-pound in MMA today. I hope he goes back to defend his belt in the UFC soon after this fight and actually gets the match-ups he SHOULD be fighting rather than running from guys he knows he has a rough shot against like he always does.

• Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Mclub326

Mclub326 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Discord:
    Mclub326#2972
    Ratings:
    +189 / 18 / -34
    Tsn is hiring

Mclub326
  20. Mitch_Marner16