Madden 12 Demo

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by DemonSpawn78, Aug 11, 2011.

1. DemonSpawn78

DemonSpawn78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What are your thoughts so far?

I havnt played it enough yet, and am still trying to adjust. Everything seems smaller to me and harder to see the players.

No Streaming Account
  2. EGHAZZY

EGHAZZY LG HvyWeight Champ 116-3

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I played only 2 Quarters, so I like the look of it, I noticed a differnece first off with the contact/tackling of the players. Gameplay just seems more fluent then animated.

No Streaming Account
  3. sevolatan

sevolatan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think my age is showing - gameplay seems faster to me and controls seem a bit delayed. It's like the players have to be in the proper stance to do something. For instance I break through the line with the DT and try to jump to deflect pass knowing QB was going to dump it to avoid sack and I end up continuing on with the rush and end up to the right of the QB as he tosses the pass, never even doing the jump animation.
    Also, now it seems over 50% of the tackles are big hits instead of trying to wrap the runner up.
    Not a fan of the right-stick-click to get view of LOS. Tried new shortcuts for adjustments, don't see it as improvement, but you can turn that off.
    Rodgers is crazy accurate throwing on the move, can be rolling to right and fling it to the left with no apparent problem - haven't tried Cutler.
    Surprise on-side kick seems OK - doesn't appear to be over-exploitive but I haven't tested it enough to see if direction/power/accuracy make difference.

It'll work - just miffed that there will be no changes to online franchise.

No Streaming Account
  4. Richybaby

Richybaby Mtl Habs fan baby!

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Every hit are big hit. Got 6 injury in the game...I havent played Madden 11 but in Madden 10, AI seemed to be unstoppable in the last minutes. It was the same thing in my game. Cutler was 4 in 16 before completing 10 passes in a row in the last 2 minutes. It's only the demo but i prefer NCAA right now

No Streaming Account
  5. Pirson x 13

Pirson x 13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 12 / -28
    i played it haha its not bad

CurtisP91
  6. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It's "meh" for me. I'll buy it like I do every year. I was never a 2k fan but Madden made bigger leaps with competition. I do think the camera is just a little "off". I saw no issues with catchup logic with the AI making crazy comebacks but I know it's still in NCAA at times so I'm sure it is hit or miss in Madden. Rodgers is definitely crazy accurate. I also didn't like that the QB seemed to have too many easy running lanes at times. The AI kept good containment on me but my guys broke down all the time.

No Streaming Account
  7. EGHAZZY

EGHAZZY LG HvyWeight Champ 116-3

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I noticed there wasn;t all the defensive skems as well. I am sure once the game is out you'll have the option on changing the camera angle. I saw what you were all mentioning yesterday though. I played on all pro, and it felt more of a challange then it did in the past. Another thing I noticed, again maybe it is a demo thing. but I was completing a ton of 5-10 yard passes, almost nothing was pressured or blocked. With both QB's the Defense did give a lot of space for running with the QB. I am sure that won't be the case in the league :D

No Streaming Account
  8. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I guess the true test is pvp games, and maybe messing with some of the sliders. OS always seems to come up with a good set.

No Streaming Account
  9. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    More BS from the demo. Woodson had a pick after getting a jump on Olsen's route. I looked at the replay because I couldn't believe he didn't pick it off. The ball went completely THROUGH Woodson's hands and head then into Olsen's hands. The game just decided it was going to be a catch no matter what. The tired "warping" where defenders go on rails and warp in front of the receiver is still there too. Seems the AI decides no matter what if you throw it to a certain guy on a certain play it will be picked off no matter what. Hopefully they improve some things before launch.

No Streaming Account
  10. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I will probably download this tonight and give it a try. I most likely wont buy this game though since I bought NCAA on release day and have only played it once. And with Skyrim around the corner I just don't have the motivation to play sports games. I think I'm going crazy!

Gajeske85
  11. kue2086

kue2086 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I havent played Madden in a few years but this demo actually made me want to consider getting back into the game. Kinda torn.. because the dynasty mode in NCAA has got me hooked

No Streaming Account
  12. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, and the online franchise mode in Madden is garbage. I wish they would get on par with NCAA.

Gajeske85
  13. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    And the offline franchise looks improved. The free agent bidding process looks interesting.

No Streaming Account
  14. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    And Benson going to jail! Bengals can't catch a break.

Gajeske85
  15. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    He is going after the game right before their bye week. Considering they usually get a couple days off and if he manages to behave himself, they'll let him out in 7 days or so. Again that is only with good behavior. Otherwise he is sure to miss at least one game. They just need to keep him out of Texas, or maybe just the greater Austin area. He manages to always get in trouble there.

No Streaming Account
  16. kue2086

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    haha...this is why we let him go in chicago

No Streaming Account
  17. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, I did like Benson...but I was sort of happy that Chicago let him go. I was upset though when they let Jones get away. Oh well, we have Forte now!!

Gajeske85
  18. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Benson has been very productive in Cincinnati's offense. If they had stuck with running the ball last year instead of letting Palmer throw pick 6's, the season would have been better.

No Streaming Account
  19. kue2086

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok... so I rented the game from gamefly and i may e changing my tune. The kicking anf commentary are just awful. It seems like they made some parts of the game better, but then other parts of the game they regressed. while the actual game play isnt bad... the commentary puts me to sleep. I would rather they gathered john maddens old commentary and pasted it to this game. Cant seem to keep my eyes open after one game

No Streaming Account
  20. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I agree. For their sake they better hand Benson the ball 25 times a game and keep Dalton on the safe track. You would think they would do that without thinking....but last year proved everyone wrong.

Gajeske85