Xbox LGRL Season 4 thoughts and suggestions.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Rocket League (LGRL)' started by IXI Ein IXI, Dec 17, 2016.

1. IXI Ein IXI

IXI Ein IXI LGRL Commissioner

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    Hello everyone, I would first like to think everyone that played this season, whether you were just a player or management, as this was by far the most competitive season we have had so far. I would like to continue that next season with the obvious exception of the two management groups that quit on us. I would like to thank @Falconeflame and @ExtraSteezy for coming in and really trying their best and kept that team from turning into more free wins.

Over the next few weeks we will go over the rulebook and look at what worked and didnt work, like waivers and TC GP amount, and hope to get this going back again as quick as possible. With that said Staff is looking for any input anyone thinks might help improve the LGRL experience.

Also if you can't handle not playing LGRL until next season and have a PS4 or PC, come join us over on the LGRL PSN side. They just finished bidding but Week one isn't until after the first week of 2017!

http://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?forums/lgrl-psn.93/

LGRL_Official
  2. FalconeFlame

FalconeFlame Back from the dead

Ratings:
    +234 / 149 / -116
    I would suggest that if both managers agree a 2v2 can take place when one team doesn't have enough

FalconeFlame
  3. ded279

ded279 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -4
    I think there should be a time limit on when you can make roster subs in regular season. Annoying when teams would change their lines at game time to get a favorable line matchup. Something like 5 min and under to gametime all subs must be ecu. For ECU limit, I think it should be max 4 games a week, the same as a roster player minimum games

4. PivotGivinner

PivotGivinner Well-Known Member

Discord:
    PivotGivinner#6848
    Ratings:
    +1,108 / 39 / -95
    when is S4 starting?

No Streaming Account
  5. IXI Ein IXI

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    We dont currently have a set date but we are looking for it to be end of January, beginning of February

LGRL_Official
  6. Hammer Old

Hammer Old Hammer Old

Ratings:
    +21 / 8 / -4
    @ded279 , if you want to restrict a team inability to make last minute changes to the line, then there has to be a deadline for both teams. We should give advantage to home team, just like playoffs. I am guilty as anyone but the team who puts their lines in the early morning (like me) are at a disadvantage as people can just wait till last minute to do their own line matching.

Now that 9 man teams have introduced practical line matching, we should treat regular season as playoffs where Away team must have their lines in by X and Home by X.

I am not just going to let you run your line 1 vs my line 3 because yall waiting to post your lines. Just an example.

Hammer_Old
  7. ded279

ded279 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -4
    This is actually something I talked to ein about before. I agree with the series format we use in regular season that home should get an advantage like playoffs. The system shouldn't encourage late lines, but with the all lines in by Sunday rule people see it as unrealistic and just ignore any deadlines. I thought it already was technically against the rules to make roster subs in regular season, but apparently the rules didn't technically disallow it.

8. Hammer Old

Hammer Old Hammer Old

Ratings:
    +21 / 8 / -4
    I have never been able to set lines on Sunday. Some people do not even know their work scheduled till later in the week. Then you have the occasional no shows and last minute cant make its. I dont want regular season to be as strict as playoffs but am open to something to add structure to this point. Even if its lines must be by 7:40 EST for Away and 7:50 for Home for the entire series.

Hammer_Old
  9. Rapalabrowns

Rapalabrowns Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Rapalabrowns#3302
    Ratings:
    +52 / 2 / -0
    The late signup assignment system is something that I understand is extremely difficult to manage fairly. We got Codex, LA got Kid comet... I think NLR got kyza? I don't know too much about kyza, but from what I've seen Codex and Kid Comet are arguably the two best players in the league, certainly top 5.

I feel like it might be better to tier late sign ups by ranks, and unless there are enough in that tier for every team to get one, we just wait on assigning them (This probably isn't necessary for anything below all star, maybe super star?). I realize we want to let people get involved and play as soon as possible, but I want to see the draft mean something all season, and when you get a player of Codex or Comet’s caliber mid-season and not every team was afforded the same luxury… just doesn’t seem right.

• Like Like x 1
    Rapalabrowns
  10. Hammer Old

Hammer Old Hammer Old

Ratings:
    +21 / 8 / -4
    I hear the principle. It will be tough to develop a "fair" system. Even the idea of a good player being awarded to the team in most need isnt fair by its own princple. I will be giving a lot of thought on how to do this in a way that isnt overly burden and easy to administrate.

We can't expect EIN to change it until we can think of a viable alternative.

Hammer_Old
  11. ded279

ded279 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -4
    Yeah its a tough situation where in the hockey league the best players don't typically sign up late where as people keep hearing about this league. Possibly could implement some sort of TC draft lottery, although that would be kind of a pain

12. Rapalabrowns

Discord:
    Rapalabrowns#3302
    Ratings:
    +52 / 2 / -0
    By TC draft lottery, do you mean like a FAAB system? Anyone who plays fantasy sports will likely know what that is. Essentially you have a season long budget, and there is blind bidding for players that sign up. You don't know what anyone else bids. Once you run out of $$ you can only make $0 acquisitions, so you need to be wise with your budget. Maybe with $0 acquisition ties we randomize the assignment.

Rapalabrowns
  13. Matsko93

Matsko93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 2 / -5
    Seasons 3 rule book was a joke

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. ded279

ded279 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -4
    Obviously you are not familiar with constructive criticism. If you want change suggest the change you want. A lot of people work really hard to give us all a place to have fun playing the game we love and you need to show some respect

15. Rapalabrowns

Discord:
    Rapalabrowns#3302
    Ratings:
    +52 / 2 / -0
    Oh also, it'd be cool to get the colors implemented to show the status of players within the league, how hockey does. The algorithm would be different, maybe we could add things like +- on goals for & against, mvp's, shooting percentage, etc. Maybe weight 1 MVP is equal in value to 2 goals, or 3 assists, or 3 saves, etc.

I asked about it but never got a response from LG folks. I just always liked being able to look at the roster screen and tell how deep teams are without looking at each individual player.

Rapalabrowns
  16. IXI Ein IXI

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    I have asked Tris for a more in depth stat system so we are working on it.

• Winner Winner x 1
    LGRL_Official
  17. Quacckers

Quacckers Stud LW who is actually bad

Ratings:
    +195 / 20 / -23
    My Suggestions for next season, just going to briefly write things down until i hear feed back.

Rules:
    - 1 Roster Sub per game allowed. If 2 people cannot show then i think we should be forced to use an ECU

- I think that itd be good to maximize the use of depth in a league. So if there is 24 games again per week, I suggest maybe each ROSTER player has a maximum of 8 games. This will give teams 3 lines and if someone cannot show up then you can use an ECU.

- Always 3v3 when possible (Unless Agreed otherwise) (Playoffs always
    3v3 no matter what)

- Lines ups for Home team should be posted 30min before game and 1 hour for away team.

Playoff suggestions

- ECU can only be used once

- Same Rule everyone on roster has to play 1 in first 4 and 2 within 6. An ECU played for a roster player counts towards the player they were subbed in for but ECU is done for series

Just Basic suggestions, would like to hear feed back. I know not all problems are addressed but it is a start.

No Streaming Account
  18. THEGOONRSPECIAL

THEGOONRSPECIAL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Its a 3v3 league... should not ever play 3v2 or 2v2 no matter the situation... definitely not a fan of that as a past owner... a deadline for late assignment pickups midseason or so would help to finalize teams sooner in the season unless a player is traded or waived... we have a salary cap for a reason and shouldn't use a waived player you pick up to keep as a tc player without hitting your salary cap space...if you don't have the slaray space for the player then you shouldn't beable to pick him up... or vice versa with sending a player down to only keep using him... that will limit stacked teams and help management out with players trying to force a trade with a team they want to go to... tc players in playoffs need a max games played or used in incriminates like the roster players do so the usage of them won't be abused... having 6 tc players or more you can easily find someone else to play rather than the same tc player everytime... maybe sooner or later have like an ahl of lgrl for the tc players who don't ever get to play... keeps guys in the league and gets some of them better playing along unknown talent

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. IXI Ein IXI

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    1.I will bring this up with staff for discussion. I personally am not a fan of forcing teams to have to use TC players just because TC players being available has been spotty on my teams so far.

2. At this point I think it should always be 3v3 but will bring this up as well as its a solid way to handle it as well.

3. We currently have a rule where lines are due Sunday at 9:00pm est and still beleive its better for players to know when they play in advance.

Playoffs

1.Not sure on the rule yet but there will be a limit to ECUs either 1 or 2 games, possibly a limit of how many games total as well.

We will be adding rules to keep the waiver mess from this season from happening again. Any player picked up on waiver does count toward the cap but anyone on waivers no longer does as they are treated as a TC player. Teams are allowed to be over the cap as long as by the time the games happen they are within the cap limit. It's built that way so teams can claim a player and make the necessary roster moves after the claim has been won instead of having to do it beforehand.

To the point of ECUs with big contracts, we will never have their cap count. While it would help keep trade demands from happening, it just flips the situation to the owner being able to abuse it by effectively removing a player from the league. I will never put something in place that allows players to not be able to play for not doing something to get them banned.

If we ever get big enough, which I hope we do at some point, we will have a lower tier system for TC players to play in.

LGRL_Official
  20. Criminal Vidal

Criminal Vidal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    i think there should be a team of the week and team of the season

No Streaming Account