Xbox LGRL Season 4 rule changes ***UPDATED***

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Rocket League (LGRL)' started by IXI Ein IXI, Jan 16, 2017.

?

Are you a fan of the proposed changes?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. Some but not all.(Post below which ones you are not a fan of)

25.0%
  1. IXI Ein IXI

IXI Ein IXI LGRL Commissioner

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    OK I first want to say is sorry this has taken so long, I had the new rules for the upcoming season done on monday but got delayed due to the fact that we are completely rewriting the rulebook. The rules won't be changing so if you were here last season it wont be changing outside of what is listed below. The main point of the new rulebook is to add a lot of clarity for players and management alike. In season 3 I feel like the some of the problems we had would of been solved if the rulebook had more clarity on how things are done and outline the consequences of those violations. We will keep a simplified version like the current rulebook but its to be treated more as a quick guide. Staff will be going off the full rulebook and not the quick guide so it is best to read it once it is posted. I still not finished writing it yet so it may be a day or two before I can get it posted but I no longer wanted to delay announcing the rule changes.

Here are the proposed changes to season 4.

1. Lines must be submitted 24 hours before the scheduled game times of 8:00pm and 8:30pm est.
    2. Teams will only be allowed one roster substitution, any other line change will have to be a ECU. If a team's lines ARE NOT posted prior to the deadline for posting their lines, the other team is eligible to change their entire line up.
    3. Any single training camp player can only play a max of 3 games a week, for a max of 15 games over the whole season. There will be playoff limits as well but we have not finalized the numbers yet.
    4. There will be a limit on calling up random assignment, we will only be allowing two random assignment players to be called up to a roster.
    5. By default if a team does not have 3 players, a forfeit can be claimed. A team can ask to play 2v3 and if agreed upon the game will count. Playoffs will always be played 3v3.
    6. If a player is claimed off waivers and put back on waivers before a single game is played they will be place on their original teams training camp, unless proof is shown to the league of intent to play the player.

• Like Like x 3
    LGRL_Official
  2. Criminal Vidal

Criminal Vidal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    24 hours before a game is a little absurd. mean some people know for a fact if they can play or not but take my old team for example i had like 4 people tell me they don't know if they can make games if they show up they show up. i like the 1 hour thing better cause most people can actually tell if they can play an hour before games

No Streaming Account
  3. ded279

ded279 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -4
    Every other league is lines set by Sunday Vidal. This is considered lenient as far as most leagues go. The regular season is supposed to be more planned out and not as much about line matching as playoffs. This season too many teams were changing their entire lines at gametime to gain favorable Matchups which punished teams who followed the rules and got their lines in on time.

4. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    In other leagues you can sub out roster players with as many other roster players as you need if you find out before a game that guys can't make it. Forcing a team to use ECU's if more than one guy can't make it seems like a great way to increase forfeit numbers.

Lines should definitely be required at least 24 hours beforehand, but point #2 should strictly be used for the playoffs, not the regular season.

Maybe even go as far as to have the team provide "proof" of a player saying he wouldn't be able to make it to avoid teams changing their lineups just because they want a preferred line matchup (which seems to be everyones biggest concern apparently).

I agree with all the other rules except for the waiver rule. If you claim a player off of waivers you should be required to keep him on the roster for a minimum of one week (I believe in the hockey leagues it's 2 weeks, but given the season here is much shorter, 1 week is appropriate). If you're foolish enough to claim someone on waivers who isn't active, you replace him with an ECU for the week. No more placing people on waivers 100 times a season!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    bossy_22_
  5. IXI Ein IXI

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    Pretty much what ded said, if all the other leagues can do it with double the roster size then I would think we should have no problem for us to do 24 hours beforehand.
    We want to listen and improve on what the player base wants to see changed, every suggestion was keeping teams from switching a line at game time. It would be too easy for Owners to fake proof to do it IMO. It a rule that people want so it's worth giving a try, it might end badly but we will adjust it if we need to.

The waiver rule is now the same as the hockey side, there is no force to keep a player in the LGHL and I don't think it has ever been that way either unless it is a unwritten rule that's not in the rulebook..

LGRL_Official
  6. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    If you claim a player off of waivers in any of the hockey leagues, I'm almost positive that you can't waive them again within the next two weeks. I don't think the two week thing is actually written in the rulebook, just a general thing I've seen people do. Written in the rules however, they have to show intent to use the player on their active roster, which wasn't the case with the majority of waiver transactions last season. Also you are free to trade them at any point, so you aren't "forced" to keep them on your roster.

I agree with the stricter limits for posting lines, but doing that will make TC players that much more important. Making that rule and limiting the use of TC's at the same time will undoubtedly cause headaches for most teams.

bossy_22_
  7. howling star 82

howling star 82 Zekken

Ratings:
    +6 / 5 / -1
    In my opinion lines should be set for the week before the week is started

No Streaming Account
  8. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    So are all of these rules officially being used this season? Nothing has been said and nothing has been added to the rule book.

bossy_22_
  9. IXI Ein IXI

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    Yes that is why it says Season 4 rule changes. If we feel we need to make adjustments we will but this is what we are going with and the rule book should reflect that.

LGRL_Official
  10. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    The title says season 4 rules changes, but then it asks if we are a fan of these changes and describe them as "proposed changes," so I wasn't 100% sure that they were all officially changed.

bossy_22_
  11. IXI Ein IXI

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    While yes proposed does in general not sound official, we put proposed in the poll to get feedback on the rules we changed and see if the new changes were generally accepted or massively hated, or just tweaks. We updated them as post where made but all these changes are officially being followed unless we inform owners otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
    LGRL_Official
  12. IXI Ein IXI

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    After the way preseason went I need to find a way to finish the expanded rulebook I originally planned on having put in but I hit a wall of writing it and felt I was getting to the point where the objective I set out to do was starting to get lost in it but I'm seeing a lot of confusion from various owners on systems I thought to be easy to understand.

LGRL_Official
  13. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    The only issue I have is the lines needing to be in 24 hours before scheduled game time. It will be literally impossible to have lines in for Monday by 8:00 on Sunday. Most of the guys on my team (and the majority of teams) have guys who play in other leagues in LG. Many of them don't find out their schedules for that until late on Sunday's and so we'll have little to no time to get lines in for the first matchups. The other days of the week shouldn't be an issue though.

bossy_22_
  14. IXI Ein IXI

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    This isnt at you bossy its just been brought up a few times and I just dont get it still. I dont see how people have such a issue in this league with it when NHL requires the whole week in on sunday where we give 24hr before the scheduled time. If you can tell you nhl team your whole week on sunday I don't see this being a issue here. I can see issues with a lot of these changes but this is the one I just cant get its way more lenient than the hockey side and its still a issue some how.

LGRL_Official
  15. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    It's not an issue with giving availability... It's an issue of conflicting availability. If someone gets scheduled for a Rocket League game at the same time as a CHL/NHL/Fifa and whatever other league that conflicts, those leagues will come first over Rocket League for 99% of people. That's a fact.

Like I said, it's just an issue for the Monday games because managers won't know most peoples' schedules until the last possible minute. People should have no problem getting lines in 24 hours ahead of time for Tues-Thurs.

• Like Like x 1
    bossy_22_
  16. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    Can we please change the rule where you have to change your lineup for 1/3 games.. Alot easier to get 3 guys together then need 5 or 6 of your 9 every night and some only play 1 game out of the 3

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Bane Dont Care

Bane Dont Care Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 14 / -16
    ^^^^^^^ hated that rule last season

No Streaming Account
  18. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    I see both sides too this, so I don't see this changing... If I'm expected to be a top team, like Synchronized, getting rid of this rule could basically guarantee that they'll be facing a top line pretty much every game.

I feel like most teams probably wouldn't schedule like that solely to get a lineup advantage, but there will always be someone that will take advantage of it. I agree that this would no doubt help with scheduling, but I don't see it changing.

bossy_22_
  19. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    But then you could always lower the max games allowed to play per week so this does not happen

If you lower it to say 4-6 max per week you still need an active team just not have 75 percent on every night, but you wouldnt face a top line every night if the max games are limited

20. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    4-6 is nowhere near enough

bossy_22_