LGRL Season 3 Team Analysis and Prediction

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Rocket League (LGRL)' started by Hammer Old, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Hammer Old

Hammer Old Hammer Old

Ratings:
    +21 / 8 / -4
    Now that the draft is finished, let’s take a look at each team’s roster and give some predictions on where teams may finish in the regular season and post season.Just remember that this is supposed to be fun so take everything with a grain a salt and let's get ready for the Season opener on Monday!

Ugly Brothers (Team Abbreviation: UGLY)

Bane Dont Care
    Ded279
    Communist Punk
    Rapalabrown
    Ichibani
    JNemesis
    DC SMB
    Windy City
    ????

Ugly Brothers is the returning champs and put together a solid roster to make a follow up run for the return cup. There are all new faces to LGRL on their team in JNemsis, DC SMB and Windy City, Ichi, Rapala and Communist Punk. Communist Punk and Ichibani rode TC in season 2 but both could be starters for any team. The big guns will certainly be S2 Champion Ded279, Rapala and Commnist Punk. Rapala was the steal a few teams were hoping but UG managed to squeak him out under the radar at 1M cap hit in the later rounds of the draft.

Regular Season Prediction: 3rd Place

Post Season Prediction: Semi Finals

Team MVP: Ded279

Massive Shunts (Team Abbreviation: MAS)

BLA244
    Faze Up
    RM1734
    Blueshirt
    Overthrxw
    iCheap
    Pistol
    Rhyan

The season 2 frachise that won the president trophy winners and 2nd place finishers return with a whole new look and new management all the way around. Owner BLA244, GM Faze Up and AGM RM1734 are all new LGRL and are ready to jump into season 3 head first. After jumping out of the gate hard to get Blueshirt and Overthrxw, Massive did not seem to acquire another player for over 36 hours as they fought Hat Trick Heroes for ie Gecko in the “Gecko Wars.” There are some notable strong support players in Season 2 Ugly Brother’s TC hero without a championship banner, iCheap, and Season 2 Massive Shunts forward Rhyan. Chemisty will play a big role in this teams success of failure during the season.

Regular Season Prediction:7th Place

Post Season Prediction: Misses Playoffs

Team MVP: iCheap

EZ Street (Team Abbreviation: EZ)

Inform Vidal
    I Trae I
    Unknown J IV
    Skooma Ninja
    Rudolph
    Meat Salad
    Kiomey
    Tacostash

EZ Street (EZ) is one of the biggest wild cards in this league. I think they have the potential ceiling of 2nd to 3rd place but with a floor down to 8th place. Nearly the entire team minus Inform Vidal and I Trae I are unknown and we have to give props to Vidal for organizing his boys in advance for bidding and clearly executing his plan from the get go. Their biggest gun will be Tacostash with an interesting player in Kiomey, who I believe has a high ceiling skill wise. When evaluating Rudolph, Skooma and Meat Salad, all appear to be solid middle road players. The theme of this team won’t be to beat you by force of one guy but by an well rounded team game. If this team plays organized rocket league, expect them to be successful. If it is a free for all, expect them to be gasping for the air that is playoffs.

Regular Season Prediction: 4th Place

Post Season Prediction: Quarter Finals

Team MVP: Tacostash

Hat Trick Heroes (Team Abbreviation: HTH)

Howling
    Apex Viper
    ie Dyl
    Clutchxjonas
    Yahtzee
    Shamus
    KEV
    Paradox
    Gecko

We see some familiar faces with new faces in Howling’s latest addition of Hat Trick Heroes. Returning to LGRL is Howling Star, Apex Viper, a much improved ie Dyl, Triggering Kev and local celebrity IE GECKO. Hat Trick Heroes must have sky high expectations of their sleeper stud IE GECKO after dropping 4M on their last pick in a bidding war known to many as the “Gecko Wars.” At first glance, it appears that Yahtzee and ie Dyl will be HTH’s big dogs. Line combinations will be key to their success as they will veteran players like Triggering Kev to step up and provide some additional support. This team has an uphill battle ahead but their experience gives them the nod to squeak in the playoffs by the skin of their teeth.

Regular Season Prediction: 6th Place

Post Season Prediction: Quarter Finals

Team MVP: Yahtzee

Crossbar Wizards (Team Abbreviation: Wiz)

Idoit4thelolz
    Just Echoo
    WalkingDude
    Whitey
    Scrub Hunting
    Aero
    Squirt
    ???
    ???

Crossbar Wizards has quietly put together a competitive team. Idoit4thelolz was a key player for Season 2 Runner Ups Massive Shunts and has picked up his most skilled friends to bring into the fray. Crossbar elected not to take an AGM and was the ONLY team in the bidding to pick up 2 top ten players in WalkingDude and Whitey. I repeat, they were the ONLY team to pick up two top 10 ten players in the bidding. Crossbar Wizards augmented their rosters with up and coming players like xSquirtdakitty, Aero Wolf and Scrub hunting. This team will be solid all around and I expect a strong showing from their team.

Regular Season Prediction: 2nd Place

Post Season Finish: Semi Finals

Team MVP: WalkingDude

Live Action (Team Abbvreviation: LA)

THEGOONR
    SW1SHA
    T Jenx
    Pier Talent
    Snack Attack
    IXI Ein IXI
    Johnny Five
    Hiperay
    ??? * I know you who stole from us Gooner!

Live Action was able to pull off the victory in the bidding war for Hiperay and landed IXI Ein IXI as well. They followed by augmenting their lineup with up and coming players across the board. However, the flipside of being an up and coming player is that they have yet to establish themselves. Hiperay and Ein will have to do some early season carrying while the rest of the team gets settled in. I predict early season struggles followed by late season surge to close in and take 5th place in the regular season.

Regular Season Prediction: 5th Place

Post Season Predictions: Quarter Finals
    Team MVP: Hiperay

Nobody Loves Randoms (Team Abbreviation: Rand)

I BOssy I x 22
    Random Fn Hero
    Gaming Saiyan
    Mantha
    Statny26
    Ristolein
    Mutiny
    DR0C
    Armored

Bossy x 22 came ready with his game plan and jumped out early picking half their team in the initial bidding strike. They then turned their attention to screwing up Ugly Brother’s plan to reunite the championship team by taking DR0C and Armored with aggressive bids of 2.5M each. Most of this team are LGRL veterans but I believe they were more concerned with getting their friends rather than best available player. I believe they will battle it out with Massive Shunts and Hat Trick Heroes but come up short by a point or two and miss playoffs.

Regular Season Finish: 8th Place

Post Season Finish: Misses Playoffs

Quiktane (Team Abbreviation: Quik)

Hammer Old
    Dalilaama
    Gumm Guy
    Curely
    DrugsandHugs
    Scumbag MVP
    Scotty Stelene
    Guidice
    ??? *Keep having my last bid sniped :(

Quiktane is a new franchise with veteran management. Scotty Stelene and Hammer Old were the Owner and GM of Season 2 runner up Massive Shunts. Hammer, Dalilaama and returning S1 player Gumm Guyy took ownership of the new franchise and happened to land old teammate Scotty Stelene durring the bidding. New comers to their team are DrugsandHugs, Scumbag MVP, Guidice and late sign up Curely. I will withhold naming our last player as all of you owners keep sniping our last bids J . This team has has some big guns across the board and will have a very strong Line 1 and 2. The strength of Line 3 is our wild card, crytonite and biggest hole on the team.

Regular Season Prediction: 1st Place

Post Season Prediction: Champions

Team MVP: Gumm Guyy

• Like Like x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    Hammer_Old
  2. xRoamingxRoninx

xRoamingxRoninx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +347 / 0 / -6
    ours should just say; Dali carries hammer all season to a respectable 4th place finish.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Dalilaama
  3. Bane Dont Care

Bane Dont Care Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 14 / -16
    Quicktane will finish last

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. iCh3ap

iCh3ap Pre-order my book at Amazoom

Discord:
    ich3ap#0135
    Ratings:
    +651 / 7 / -18
    Misses playoffs!!!!!

Ooooh them fighting words!

Good read

5. Quacckers

Quacckers Stud LW who is actually bad

Ratings:
    +195 / 20 / -23
    I'm going to be that guy and say. Who is "Supposedly playing you in the Finals?

No Streaming Account
  6. Hammer Old

Hammer Old Hammer Old

Ratings:
    +21 / 8 / -4
    Ugly Brothers or Crossbar Wizards is my best guess. Its a prediction and on paper, I think we have the strongest squad at the moment but Quiktane is no shoe in. Completely depends on chemistry of lines. As shown in last season's final, the higher ranked players don't necessary trump disciplined defensive play. There are a ton of new players that are in the Cheap, Armored / DR0C skill range and an additional 7 players that are in the Dalilaama range.

Competition skyrocketed very quickly and I think we'll look back at Season 2 as the only season where 1-2 players can will a team to victory. You now need 5-7 and more than half the teams have that. Should be a very interesting season.

Hammer_Old
  7. Faze Up - Deedle 1.0

Faze Up - Deedle 1.0 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Only have to finish 1 spot above prediction to make the playoffs? I like those odds.

Will the completely new management with no knowledge of anyone in the league be able to pull off a Cinderella story?
    ^Story-line of the year

No Streaming Account
  8. Hammer Old

Hammer Old Hammer Old

Ratings:
    +21 / 8 / -4
    I don't know how the poop emoji got in there...

Hammer_Old
  9. Hammer Old

Hammer Old Hammer Old

Ratings:
    +21 / 8 / -4
    I hope so Faze!!!! You are running my old franchise so treat her nicely! :)

Hammer_Old
  10. DR0C

DR0C Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Droc#6229
    Ratings:
    +118 / 9 / -11
    Nice write up!

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    DR0C
  11. iDOit4theLolz

iDOit4theLolz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    #NeverForget #GeckoWars

No Streaming Account
  12. Hammer Old

Hammer Old Hammer Old

Ratings:
    +21 / 8 / -4
    Here is how it looks after Week 1!

Projected:

1. Quiktane
    2. Crossbar Wizzards
    3. Ugly Brothers
    4. EZ Street
    5. Live Action
    6. Hat Trick Heroes
    7. Massive Shunts
    8. Nobody Loves Randoms

End of Week 1:
    1. Quiktane (+ 0)
    2. The Ugly Brothers (+1)
    3. EZ Street (+ 1)
    4. Crossbar Wizards (- 2)
    5. Live Action ((+ 0)
    6. Nobody Loves Random (+2)
    7. Hat Trick Heroes (- 1)
    8. Massive Shunts (- 1)
    Get your RL break this weekend and looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

Sam

Hammer_Old
  13. Kiomey

Kiomey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    Is this the projected season after what you've seen so far?

No Streaming Account
  14. Hammer Old

Hammer Old Hammer Old

Ratings:
    +21 / 8 / -4
    No original projection vs what it looked like at end of week 1. This was before EZ added a bunch of wins to their standings so it's already incorrect.

Hammer_Old
  15. Kiomey

Kiomey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 1 / -0
    Haha man it's all good, I was just wondering what it was

No Streaming Account