LGMFL Rules, Settings, Draft Q & A

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by X BoB SwAGG3R X, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Bobby_Goggles12

Bobby_Goggles12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +632 / 34 / -14
    If you have any questions regarding rules, league settings, the fantasty draft or anything else please post them here. I'm always open to suggestions so if you have any, feel free to post them. Here are a few things that will need to be decided on.

1. Difficulty. Do we start and remain at all-madden? 1st season on all-pro then switch to all madden?

2. Do you want to play the pre-season or sim?

3. Draft timer. I can change the draft timer per round. I was thinking 1:30 for rounds 1-10 then dropping it after round 10.

4. Scheduled break in the draft? Would you guys want me to pause the draft after a certain round for 10-15 minutes to take a break or keep rolling? The draft will likely take over 3 hours to complete.

5. League Sliders. This one will be crucial. I was be setting up a practice league prior to the draft to test things out. I will also post the contract set up for drafted players.

6. Cap penalties, on or off? Pretty self explanatory.

7. Trade Regulations? The only rule for trading right now is no trading between Oakland & Jacksonville due to them being in the same house. Do you want any type of trade regulations? If so, what?

8. Relocation? On, Off, & if on, any regulations on this?

X_BoB_SwAGG3R_X
  2. Jack Bauer tuna

Jack Bauer tuna Hall of Famer

Discord:
    JBT123#4279
    Ratings:
    +1,258 / 66 / -177
    All Madden or BUST

Sim Pre season(but let us make cuts and all that stuff each week)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    jackbauertuna_
  3. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    i like drafting my own team but thought i might as well throw the idea out there. i've played in leagues where we do a fantasy draft sim. so what that entails is you set your teams sliders and the CPU will draft a new team based on your preferences. I will be able to make the draft but if anyone will have trouble this is what other owners have done in the past. it encourages a lot of trading post draft as well.

1) all madden or we will have 3000 yard rushers and 10 000 yard passers.
    2) its important to not sim the preseason all at once. we will need to make player cuts unless that becomes irrelevant due to the draft having only 53 rounds.
    3/4) i have no preference as long as the rules are stated before the draft
    5) turn min speed down to 40. any lower you make burners like ted ginn the best wr in the game. i like playing on the most realistic sliders but it is literally impossible to run the ball unless you know what youre looking for. OS usually comes out with a sliders list that gets approved by ea every year ( http://www.operationsports.com/news/661182/operation-sports-approved-madden-nfl-25-sliders )
    6) since it is a fantasy draft turn them off
    7) fantasy drafts spark lots of trades. if we were to do another league no fantasy i would suggest 3 player trades per season. ex for non fantasy: you can trade 3 players off your team but you can receive unlimited amount of players. so if you make a bunch of draft pick trades or 2-1 trades you could bring in 6 and get rid of 3.
    8 ) OFF or im moving right off the bat lol.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  4. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    Id also like to suggest a rule for cheese defenses. rule being must rush atleast 3 players at all times. you play people online who run a 3-3-5 set there ends to contain and the dt to spy. its ~*~* and it takes the fun out of the game.

another rule we should establish is a 4th down rule also to keep the league more sim. usually ive done 4th-1 anywhere on the field. if its within 5 yards of the goal line you can do it, on 4th and down 17pts any qtr, or down in the fourth obviously you can go for it whenever.

5. Bobby_Goggles12

Ratings:
    +632 / 34 / -14
    Good stuff.

1. All-madden is likely how we'll do it. Just leaving it open for discussion.
    2. Player cut down isnt an issue w fantasy lgs. I usually turn injuries off as well for preseason.
    3. Sim'ing the draft isnt an option. I know it will be tough on you & jesta but drafting our own teams is a big part of this
    4. Not sure why cap penalties would be off due to fantasy draft. There will still be trades & player cuts that owners are responsible for.
    5. The sliders are crucial & will take a lot of work but ive done them every yr so unless this game is vastly different we should be good.
    6. As for the gameplay stuff, there will be 4th down rules. Anyone running defense like said will be gone. Unless its a 3rd or 4th & long type situation

X_BoB_SwAGG3R_X
  6. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    we wont have a problem drafting we have two controllers so it is easy to switch profiles. i was just suggesting it encase there are a bunch of people that might miss the draft. i would rather draft my team too i know all off the sleepers lol.

7. Bobby_Goggles12

Ratings:
    +632 / 34 / -14
    As of right now, everyone is scheduled to be there. Obviously that could change but right now we're looking good

• Like Like x 1
    X_BoB_SwAGG3R_X
  8. TheAsceticHope

TheAsceticHope Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    The dropping everyone into coverage, I did see/read several times that you would be able to run all over that kind of defense.

I wanted to help out Swagger with the sliders for user vs user, so I imagine we'll be doing dumb things like that to see how effective it is. My main focus is finding the right setting for QB accuracy and the right speed threshold. There's a lot of throws in Madden that only a few elite QBs can make on a somewhat consistent basis IRL. Robo QBs are the worst part of Madden for me.

And I agree with being careful with the speed threshold. Dropping it too low and I have to see Ted Ginn do more than return kicks, fuck that guy.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  9. Perrilyzer1

Perrilyzer1 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Perrilyzer1#2915
    Ratings:
    +600 / 16 / -19
    any idea for time of draft? Personally I'd perfer something like 9pm EST

No Streaming Account
  10. Lundqvist 30 NY

Lundqvist 30 NY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 4 / -15
    1. All Madden
    2. Sim
    3. 45 seconds
    4. No
    5. Sliders would be good. Finding some good ones would be tough probably
    6. On
    7. No response for that now.
    8. Relocation has to be approved by commish. This way it doesn't get out of hand

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. TheAsceticHope

TheAsceticHope Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    MISE WELL answer deez questions.

1. All-Madden.
    2. Sim, let us do cuts. Game 1 has to be played by Sunday?
    3. Sounds fine. Lets us speed up the later rounds.
    4. Depending on the start time, I definitely wouldn't mind. Gotta stay hydrated for drafts.
    5. Already said my thoughts.
    6. On.
    7. If FA gets weird in a couple seasons, for whatever reasons, I'd say no signing and trading a guy for that season. Really shouldn't be an issue though.
    8. TBH I'd like to keep it somewhat realistic. Maybe a certain set of requirements (suck really bad for a couple season for example) to relocate with approval from a commissioner(s).

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  12. Bobby_Goggles12

Ratings:
    +632 / 34 / -14
    So far, 8pm est has been the pick but nothing in stone yet

X_BoB_SwAGG3R_X
  13. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31
    I have a preference for 9pm EST as well. Both kids in bed.. :D

Maverik19
  14. Xx Tickle Xx33

Xx Tickle Xx33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Draft time should be set in stone by Friday. 7 days is plenty of time to make arrangements. Kids in bed, time off work, get your drain babies out etc.

No Streaming Account
  15. Xx Tickle Xx33

Xx Tickle Xx33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

1. All Madden
    2. no preference. If anything 1 or 2 games max
    3 Dumb it down after 10 or 12th rd
    4 15 min break
    5. Strive for less cpu assistance
    6. Cap penalties yes
    7. Trades can be voted on and vetoed by a majority vote ( 24 hr voting window ). requires 3/4 minimum voting participation.
    8. ??? team relocation?

No Streaming Account
  16. Bobby_Goggles12

Ratings:
    +632 / 34 / -14
    The contract for your first round pick is 5 years, 60m

Also, the draft clock can't be changed. They adjust it by round. I believe the first few rounds is 1:30 and goes down at a certain point.

X_BoB_SwAGG3R_X
  17. Evilgenius_i35i

Evilgenius_i35i Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -3
    after playing the game I think some people might want to change their minds ... I'm normally fairly decent at Madden and I played about 4 hours of it now, All Madden is a lot harder than last year I can tell you that now. The Defense for the computer teammates has even stiffened up. zone coverage is real this year and man to man depending on the players are like pigs in a blanket ... I'm fine playing on All Madden but if we get into week 3 and people start complaining they want to change it because its to hard after spending 3 hours to draft my team and we make mid season rule changes as big as the difficulty setting I'm going to be pissed.

Reason being the computer difficulty on ALL MADDEN, the computer Defensive Backs with a high overall man coverage rating blanket receivers where as the fall off seems on ALL PRO I could draft a DB with a lower overall rating in Man to man and a higher Zone coverage rating or press to keep people honest. Just want to know before I spend my last 2 hours looking through players and ratings to strategize my round by round position and player mock draft for my team to see what exactly I'll be trying to accomplish here

Evilgenius_i35i
  18. nO Undies On

nO Undies On Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +692 / 4 / -13
    The game plays a lot better on all-pro IMO

No Streaming Account
  19. Bobby_Goggles12

Ratings:
    +632 / 34 / -14
    I played the CPU on All-Madden and it wasn't easy but that's to be expected. If you're looking for an answer immediately you won't get it. We all have limited time this weekend to see how it plays. Once the game is released on Tuesday we have a few days to make some decisions.

X_BoB_SwAGG3R_X
  20. Evilgenius_i35i

Evilgenius_i35i Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -3

1, As stated I don't mind starting on ALL MADDEN as long as it remains ALL MADDEN all the way through

2. sim with injuries off is ok or play

3. I'm fairly confident in picking the earlier rounds with a 1:00 then going to 1:30 in the later rounds due to your good players being picked, little more time to look through ratings

4. I'm fine with a scheduled break or nah

5. as long as they are set before draft.

6. ON, sim league right

7. Fair trades ( 1 salary dump during the season ) Oakland and Jacksonville should be able to trade thru a strict fair trade clause, brothers or not be competitive

8. Commish regulated thru hardship seasons, agreed

9. are we all created owners or not? the prestige in the actual owners land bigger free agents with the higher tier HALL OF FAME status'

Evilgenius_i35i