LGMFL Off-Season discussion

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by X BoB SwAGG3R X, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Bobby_Goggles12

Bobby_Goggles12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +632 / 34 / -14
    With the first off-season approaching, I wanted to get your opinions on how to handle it. For those who haven't gone through the CFM off-season I will explain how it works.

There are stages to the off-season that each team has assigned to them. Each team has the same tasks. If all teams complete their tasks and set their team to "Ready to advance" the league will advance to the next stage. If one team does not set themselves to ready, I will have to force advance (Much like regular season weeks). In my opinion, we have 2 options.

Option 1 - I can give each stage (I believe there are 12 or 13, I will get the exact number) 24 hours. This will obviously make the off-season last about 2 weeks. Each day at a set time we will advance regardless of who has completed their task. Keep in mind, most of these tasks are completed in 5-10 minutes. Sometimes the free agency bidding process can be longer but in the first season the pool of free agents is generally weak due to the fantasy draft contracts.

Option 2 - We can try to move through it as quickly as possible. Meaning everyone will be proactive, take a few minutes (literally a few minutes) out of their busy destiny schedule and do their tasks. If everyone clicks "Ready to Advance" when they have completed their task it will be very easy to keep track of and will move rather fast. Could have the entire thing done in 3-4 days max.

X_BoB_SwAGG3R_X
  2. Lundqvist 30 NY

Lundqvist 30 NY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 4 / -15
    ASAP.. Off season stuff doesn't take long at all. The draft will be the longest part

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Bobby_Goggles12

Ratings:
    +632 / 34 / -14
    Completely agree. The Free Agency class will have nothing in it this year. IMO, we could knock the off-season out in a weekend and set the draft up for a set time to give everyone some notice. The important thing will be everyone setting themselves to "ready" so I can get an idea of who is doing what.

• Like Like x 3
    X_BoB_SwAGG3R_X
  4. TheAsceticHope

TheAsceticHope Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    A lot of it is resigning and scouting right? Most guys are on lengthy contracts. I can see scouting taking a bit.

I'd like to knock it out in a weekend or at least get to the draft, then set up a specific time for the draft.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Big Fifty

Big Fifty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +536 / 1 / -0
    As much as I would like to have everyone sit down one Saturday and blast through all the Re-Signs and Free Agency steps and then knock out the draft that Sunday, I would also hate for anyone to not get a chance to re-sign their team or try and land a free agent. Depending on how many Sims there are between end of Superbowl and Draft (I thought there was only like 7?) I think there should be a set time when it advances, like every night at 9pm so that way everyone has a chance to manage their team like they see fit with signings, prep, and scouting. Having a set time allows us to be able to know when signing days will be done and we can have a hard date for the draft a week in advance so people can make sure they are available for it.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. Bobby_Goggles12

Ratings:
    +632 / 34 / -14
    Another thing to remember, teams will be given the chance to sign their own players before they hit free agency. Meaning if you dont make the playoffs, you will the time while the playoffs are going on to sign your own players/use your franchise tag

X_BoB_SwAGG3R_X
  7. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    advance every 18 hours or so it usually works out. for signings and shit you literally takes 10 min a week if that. i'm pretty sure you can do the signings on the computer too from the connected franchise website.