LGHL Recap Of Week 5 - Interview Questions + Management Questions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Kingbling647, Mar 11, 2017.

1. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the LGHL Week 5 Recap - Interview Questions + Manager Questions

This week I have decided to bring another interview style recap talking about what went on for each team in week 5 and if team progress or player performances improved from last week.

I have also added another piece to this thread by doing another interview with team Owners/GM talking about management as that was brought up to my attention and I thought it would have been a good idea to discuss and see the responses that I got from teams.

I would just like to thank every manager from every team for taking the time to do the interview with me as I had lots of fun asking the questions and getting responses, very much appreciated.

Without further explanation, let the interview begin!

East Metropolitan -
    Every team in this division is in the same spot on the standings as they were the last week.

Philadelphia Flyers - @Dxwny (GM)

King Bling: Give me a recap in full detail of the things that went on for your organization in week 5 and what certain things your team needs to do to improve for week 6.

What team was the toughest for your team to go up against this week and why?

What team next week do you think will be the toughest to go up against and why?

If you had to make a prediction of your team record next week what would that be?

What players on your team impressed you this week and what players may of had a rough week but you think will improve for next week?

Will we see anymore trades from your team this weekend or do you feel comfortable going into next week?

Nana:

There will most likely be trades. Getting people to the DR on time is the hardest part. @HazeeHype is having an amazing season now and has really come a long way. All the teams that we face next week are gonna be evenly hard as we play the West Central. I don't like to predict records but I just hope everyone goes to their 3 games and win their 3 games.

New Jersey Devils - @Odieeeeee (O)

King Bling: Give me a recap in full detail of the things that went on for your organization in week 5 and what certain things your team needs to do to improve for week 6.

If you had to make a prediction of your team record next week what would that be?

What players on your team impressed you this week and what players may of had a rough week but you think will improve for next week?

Will we see anymore trades from your team this weekend or do you feel comfortable going into next week?

Odiee:

Q: What team was the toughest for your team to go up against this week and why?

A: I think the toughest teams we played against this week were Florida and Boston. Both teams are at the top of the Atlantic division and gave us strong lineups.

Q: What team next week do you think will be the toughest to go up against and why?

A: I would say Chicago because they have the best high end talent in the Central division. It was a tough game the last time we faced them.

Q: If you had to make a prediction of your team record next week what would that be?

A: I’m going to say 7-2 or 6-3. If we’re able to finish 7-2 or 6-3 in a week we play the Central division, I’ll be extremely happy.

Q: What players on your team impressed you this week and what players may of had a rough week but you think will improve for next week?

A: I think Novak4Prez was our most impressive forward last week. He finished 1-1-1 playing against top teams last week. As for people who had a rough week, most of them were traded lol.

Q: Will we see anymore trades from your team this weekend or do you feel comfortable going into next week?

A: I think we’re basically done for the week. Was very difficult after losing one of our best players in JClaus but I feel pretty comfortable with our lineup after the shit show.

Washington Capitals

@x Braydenn was to busy in Hawaii getting litt and fucking them Hawaii bxtches so he wasn't available to do this interview with me this weekend.

[​IMG]

Carolina Hurricanes - @SKILLEDPYTHON (GM)

skilledpython:

To be blunt week 5 didn't go well.

Appropriate changes have been made and will continue to be made as require

Any team is capable of winning on any given night.

Not one for predictions,
    We are a talented, confident group and we will do whatever it takes

Pittsburgh Penguins - @stay_at_homed (GM)

stay_at_homed:

I would say this past week was small for us; we had some tough games that we were able to pull out the win. We also had some games that we probably would win on most nights and just couldn't pull it off; some absolute great goalie performances in a couple of those games by the other team.
    Our teams the biggest improvement is going to be the chemistry. We have one person on our roster that we had originally bid on and one draft pick so we have had a revolving door of people week in and out. Once the deadline passes and we have time to play together I believe we will be more consistent. On top of that our discipline in taking penalties has been one of the things we have had all season.
    The Toughest team this past week I would say was Florida they have a very well-rounded roster and atop the east now.

Next week we play the central so all the teams are going to be real tough and we will have to be at our best for all of those games.

I predict we go 7-3 this week (reschedule from Thursday included) I really like the latest moves we have made and have rounded out our roster quite well.

The Biggest impressions is bunny obviously the guy is a game changer when he has the puck. The not so obvious pick is our defensive pairing of @Moofang and blade they have been solid all season.
    The person who needs to improve the most is easily myself I have to play better it's been my worst season by far. I anticipate that will come with chemistry getting better across the board.

I believe you will see some more moves I mean we haven't gone a week without something changing and the deadline approaching real fast its time to prep for a run.

New York Islanders - @Schwartz-74 (0) @Jcfalcon21 (GM)

JC (NYI GM)

Toughest team last week - Buffalo, cause simply we weren't ready for them lost 10-1...but with @schroyer69 and @nick_k12 back there it's not gonna be an easy game regardless.

Toughest team next week - Chicago cause they added @jeff0012 and @Guccimane50 , on top of that they have @Class_Act_27 @JayProulx @CCPiper .... Rip lol

Next week record to be honest I'm expected above .500, we added some new piece on the defense that hopefully can help lower our GAA.... And killer our G have played really well.

@sobo18 impressed me cause ever since we traded for him and put him with @rich2k8 on a line they have won games for us and keeping us in the playoffs hunt!

@Jcfalcon21 had a rough week 0-2 with -10 and only 1 point, normally you don't see that but hopefully he will play better and get his confident back now that the NYI had made some trade this week to improve the blue line.

Over the weekend we will see the market and try to make one or two minor trades to give us a higher chance of making the playoffs... Mostly looking to improve any forward position.

Columbus Blue Jackets - @JTx412 (AGM) @x4HxPESTILENCEx (O)

JT:

Well going into week 5 we had a ton of new guys, and really just never got any chemistry going. Also, having to use an ecu or two every night didn’t help. Going into week 6 we will once again have a few new people, and once our roster is set I think we will be able to stay competitive.

Well we had a lot of close games this week. I can't really single one out as toughest.

Every week you always go for 9-0. But realistically 6-3 would be a good step in the right direction.

@Kev x86 @Illyfilly and @Mcloughlin93 have been the core for this team, winning the majority of the games. Sad to see them go but I won’t discuss it. Also, @tball619 has been a great ecu when we need him.
    A few of our players had struggles this week, but that’s to be expected when there's little chemistry and an ecu every game. Getting guys to show up has been tough. I expect us to be better this week.

Well since I'm getting this to you right about at the deadline I'm not sure if you’ll see anymore. We made a few big moves this weekend as we look to stay competitive but also set ourselves up for next season.

New York Rangers - @Jetup91 (O)

Jetup NYR Owner:

The Toughest team was Boston because they had a real good line with us having 3 or 4 ECUs.

The toughest team next week is probably Chicago because they’re loaded with talent.

I think we could go 6-3 for next week.

Everyone on the team had a pretty good week none of them really struggled.

I don't think there will be any trades before Sunday's games.

East Atlantic - In this division a couple teams jumping up and down in the standings compared to last week.

Florida Panthers - @Yung Jaq (GM) @Hriiz
    (AGM)

Jaq: Basically the team just showed up and played games, we're better than pretty much everyone in every way so it went well. @Qc_ChieF-27 shut down @jdheagle- during our biggest game of the week so I think that was huge. We just need to show up and the same thing will happen next week.

Hriiz: @Fliq71- pissed on Pittsburgh.

King Bling: What team was the toughest for your team to go up against this week and why?

Karman Hriiz:
    Pittsburgh but @Fliq71- and @Qc_ChieF-27 shit on them.

Jaq:
    Personally for me it was NJ. Without @Qc_ChieF-27 out there to shut down @jdheagle- things could have been very different.

King Bling: If you had to make a prediction of your team record next week what would that be?

Jaq:
    9-0-0, if @Qc_ChieF-27 played against @jdheagle- every game.

KingBling: Will we see anymore trades from the Florida Panthers this weekend or do you feel comfortable going into next week?

AJ:
    We haven't decided on that yet. The offers are pouring in after everyone watched @Qc_ChieF-27 shut down @jdheagle- on Wednesday, though.

King Bling: Any final comments to @jdheagle-

Jaq: GET SHUT DOWN BY @Qc_ChieF-27

Boston Bruins - @xShauN88
    (O)

Shaun:

Recap of what went on?

Well we had a relatively easy week against the metro as we usually do. We tried out some new line combos and showed that our potential for a game 7 line is massive after completely blanking out jd/claus/kush in a 5-0 W against NJD. I think our team needs to just continue to make slight improvements on chemistry going forward and into playoffs, outside of that we're very pleased with everything we're doing in Boston at the moment.

Toughest opponent for us this week on paper was NJD as they were first in their division going into this week.

Toughest opponent for us next week on paper will probably be the Canucks, though I know @CUMMINSx7 pretty well and I don't think he'll first line an East team. That being said I believe LAK will first line us so that game has the potential to be a tough one.

Prediction for next weeks record is 8-1.

All of my guys continue to impress which is why we're very comfortable heading into the deadline and ultimately playoffs.

@ScaryJoeyy being a new acquisition thoroughly impressed however. We heard he was good but honestly until you play with him you just don't fully get it.

I don't believe anyone under performed. I'd like to see some of our depth guys improve their play though so that we can have a bit more confidence in them against stiffer competition.
    We're always looking to make improvements to our roster so to be honest, anything can happen in the way of trades. If we get an offer or propose an offer that we think makes sense for our team, we will always pull the trigger.

I would like to go on record saying that trading this season has been nothing but aids. Every single team values their 3rd line talent as if they are the rebirth of Devin (probably is). Hopefully some teams look for the future going into the deadline cause not to sound harsh but some teams are just clearly out of it.

Peace.

Buffalo Sabres

Mangers in Buffalo were really busy this weekend so I couldn't do the interview with them.

Montreal Canadiens - @Nick_x_98 (GM)

KB: Give me a recap in full detail of the things that went on for your organization in week 5 and what certain things your team needs to do to improve for week 6.

Nick_x_98
    (Montrèal Canadiens GM): Week 5 was mediocre, my line had a nice bounce back week going 3-0-0 and thanks to that we've worked our way back into the playoff picture after a weak week 4. Going into week 6 we've looked to shake up parts of the roster by acquiring some nice pieces in Skinner and @Gour_x_71 who should really help with the goal scoring which has been an area of concern for us.

KB: What team was the toughest for your team to go up against this week and why?

What players on your team impressed you this week and what players may have had a rough week but you think will improve for next week?

Nick_x_98
    (Montrèal Canadiens GM):

Toughest team we probably faced was the Caps.
    Coming up I think either the canucks or kings will be our toughest game this week.
    I believe we could have a very nice week next week and go at least 6-3 depending on how the line match ups go.

For a player that impressed me this week, I got to give it to my boy and my center @MikexMassacre. He didn't put up a crazy amount of points by having 11 but he got the job done and went 3-0-0. Helped kick start a come from behind win against the Blue Jackets.

There were a few guys who didn't play up to expectations this week but they had tough matchups but I think I've put some new pieces together that should work well together and create another line that can expect to go 3-0-0 some weeks.

Trades are always possible no matter what, you never know when you could get an offer you cant refuse.

Toronto Maple Leafs - @Kadri-- (GM)

KB: What team was the toughest for your team to go up against this week and why?

What players on your team impressed you this week and what players may have had a rough week but you think will improve for next week?

(Kadri--)

We went 4-4, so not what I wanted. Just need consistency still.

I'd guess cbj, they beat us twice.

Whoever puts out a first line against us

5-4

Can't remember, wasn't a very good week.
    And not sure, but anything can happen.

Tampa Bay Lightning

Managers were really busy this weekend so I couldn't get a chance to do the interview with them.

Ottawa Senators - @Bloop_33 (GM)

King Bling: What team was the toughest for your team to go up against this week and why?

Bloop:

There were a lot of tough teams but I'll say New Jersey, we played them twice and both times just couldn't get anything going. They got a good team over there.

They are all tough but the Caps beat us handily last week as well, that's our first game of the week and could set the tone for the whole week.

I believe we're turning a corner after last week where we started to have some success. I think we'll have 7 wins.

@xDefenestrate- joined us from the Blue Jackets last week and finished top 5 in the league power rankings despite only 2 games played (Thursday reschedule), so that was the most impressive. Mattson also came to us last week and had a tough week going 0-3-0 but we all know Mattson is one of the better players in the league and I expect a nice bounce back.

We're looking at all options still, last week was improved but still not perfect, but as a rule we aren't too keen on trades that we don't feel we need to make. So we'll see.

Detroit Red Wings

None of the Detroit Managers wanted to do this interview with me as they were still trying to find their lost players that have been missing for couple weeks now.

West Central Just like the East Atlantic division, couple teams jumped up and down in the standings compared to last week.

Dallas Stars - @I--Chief--I (O)

(Chief) -
    Dallas Stars Owner:

The team went 5-3 this week so it wasn't that great but I'm not worried about it. After the blockbuster I made last week, we just need to work on gaining chemistry again. It'll come, chemistry doesn't just form out of the blue.

Judging by the scores. The toughest team was by far Chicago to play against. We had to adjust the lineup and get an ECU but its no excuse and it was a job well done by Chicago. And then we obviously got spanked by Vancouver.

Next week will probably be Pittsburgh because their team just looks deep and they have a very solid first line which I'm sure we'll match up against.

I'm going to take a guess and say 7-2 hopefully lol.

Honestly, the "3rd line" pulled out 3 SOLID wins for us this week so they really impressed me. And I'm not a fan of throwing people under the bus so gonna leave it at that.

I'm always a fan of trading so I'll probably make more moves this week haha.

Minnesota Wild - @xLOL-9 (GM) @NerdyMamba (AGM)

Mamba:

Week 5 was a shit show, where do I even start lol. We had chyz banned, people want out, people quit , down 6 people on the roster. Fact we made it out with almost a full roster but what is good is that fact that we know we can trust and rely on our AHL team to come through for us when it was really needed.
    Trades had to be done some people might think they were bad or uneven for us that we got weaker but stuff had to be done.

To improve for week 6 was to get trades to strengthen our d core and fill our final roster spots to make our lives less stressful, b. To save our ECU's for when they are really needed.
    Every team this week will be tough to go against because we need a good week to keep us in this playoff race in the central because this division is just nerds.

Prediction 9-0 obviously because we will have Chyz JClaus Scootz 3rd line.

Best player of the week is @KQ31 probably the most underrated player in the game she is honestly a freak. She never does too much and always does the right thing, some people are calling her @SkillzPayBills3 2nd tag.

You'll see more players be moved cause Yolo I wanna give everyone the Charlie Serpe experience.
    We in wild land feel more than ever comfortable with the pick ups of all these 2nd tags that want to win more cups.

St. Louis Blues - @ryofthebeholder (O)

ryofthebeholder:

I think we had our best week of the season. Up against the central we went 6-1-1. Our game Thursday had to get rescheduled. We saw a lot of first lines from teams this were able to match up well. We faced Chicago's line that included @CCPiper and @Class_Act_27. We were able to get a win their 4-0. We benefited from really strong team defensive play and opportunistic offense. Game was closer than the score indicates, but I was very happy with that lines performance. @PenguinsHockey__ , @Joker l 1 l , @The_Blind_Ref , @Bo-Dangles10 , @zdball all showing up big this week. @crofto40 had another great week and has proven he can play against top lines as well. I am comfortable with where we are at right now, but we need to build on our success this week and move on. Going to be a tough second half.

We play teams in the metro this upcoming week. I look forward to the Devils game, they are a strong team despite the recent loss of their owner. We could see prime up against @officialmark07, two frontrunners for this season's Norris trophy.

Chicago Blackhawks - @CCPiper (O)

KB: Congratz on becoming Owner for Chicago.

CCPiper: Thank you

KB: I just have a couple questions I would like to ask you.

CCPiper: Sounds good

KB: Give me a recap in full detail of the things that went on for your organization in week 5 and what certain things your team needs to do to improve for week 6.

CCPiper:

In my opinion, the hardest team that we had to play this week was St. Louis. Usually when I have played against STL, I've matched up against @Ayohh who is always a tough C to play against, but this time we were matched up against @PenguinsHockey__ 's line. He has been one of the standout players of this season due to his point total and has been a big part of STL's success this season, but the biggest thing that I noticed from playing against their whole line was how well they clogged the neutral zone. We started off pretty slowly, and whenever you give up the first goal or two in this game it can be bad news, especially against a team that traps well. As a result, they ended up beating us 4-0. They are definitely on our radar as a team to watch out for.

It's a pretty close call between Washington and New Jersey. I would personally say NJ because their pairing of Odie and Mark on D is one of the best in the league, and despite them no longer having JClaus, they were able to pick up @Tendy to maintain some of their firepower on offense. They also have JD who is one of the better defensive LWs in the league. When we played them earlier in the season, we struggled to contain their offense early in the game, which resulted in us losing by a goal after a furious comeback attempt. A lot of that had to do with Claus and his tendency to sauce the puck up the ice for a quick counterattack, so without him playing I think they will be playing a different style, but either way I'm sure it will be a tough game if they use their top line.

8-1-0

Our third line really impressed me this week, they actually were our only line that went undefeated and have been on a roll for us lately. I think that my line could've done better. We had a great win 6-0 win over Dallas but as I mentioned, we did lose 4-0 in an important game against STL, and in our third game of the week we got a forfeit win, so we basically went 1-1. I know we'll do better next week though - our line can win any game that we play in, so hopefully we are able to go 3-0 next week.

Well we did make the big trade giving up @Str8Syko__ & @Gour_x_71 for @jeff0012 , @Guccimane50 , & a first round pick. We still may be looking to make a couple of moves going into next week. At the very least we are going to have to call up a player or two due to the removal of Scoot, but we have a lot of cap space to work with now so we can be very flexible in our roster management. That being said, I feel good about the way our roster looks at the moment and if we can continue the success that we've had in our past 10 or so games, I will be happy.

Colorado Avalanche - @CoUnTeR-AtTaCk43 (O)

CoUnTeR ATtACK:

Umm honestly this week wasn't the best week for us, I don't think we dominated any games really, we had availability issues so our lines weren't playing together that usually do,

Not sure but when you go through the west central every other week like we do you look forward to playin the east

Hmmm if availability's good I think we should crank off 6 or 7 Wins.

Well our 1st line I legit don't think they lost a game yet with all 3 of them together so I would like to see that keep going ...but we got great depth and @GhostMK always seems to amaze me wit his "I don't got thumbs" comments dude walks a whole team every other game it seems !

We're not going to force anything, we're getting Wins, but never know if the right offer presents it self I'm always down to make a trade :)

Nashville Predators - @Tcx7 - (GM)

Tcx:

Well we actually had a pretty bad week to be honest. I thought we were finally turning a corner but unfortunately it didn't work out. I could go in to detail of the issues we faced, but I feel that would be a pretty bad tactical play lol.

The Blues were our toughest team we faced last week, just a solid team all around. Team to beat in the west in my opinion.

I wont point out who did well and who did bad this week, it was pretty meh all around. But both our goalies are balls
    and I'm the dick, soooooo.

I think we'll have a good week upcoming, we made some trades that had to be made in order to fix some issues, but

I am gonna miss the players we traded (Recki,Shot,Cor,Broche,Giddeus). I would say Toxic too but I didn't now him long enough, unlucky.

Winnipeg Jets

Unfortunately I couldn't get a hold of any Winnipeg managers this weekend to do the interview with them.

West Pacific The teams in this division are in mostly their same spots as last week, just a little shuffling around.

Vancouver Canucks

Just like last week, no Managers on Vancouver were interested on doing this interview with me this week to talk about their team and players progress.

[​IMG]

Calgary Flames - @BigJayAyotte (O)

Jay A:

SJ due to availability and its uncanny how many top lines we see, specially from SJ 2- FLA cause they want to beat me so I know to expect a top line lol. 3- 5-4 4- deb and free continue to impress me while I expect more out of a couple of our defense man that I hope step it up this week. 5- always listening to offers and could see myself doing 1 or 2 but fine with what we have for now.

Los Angeles Kings

LA managers were to busy adding more pieces to the team that's going to win the Stanley Cup this season so they weren't available to do this interview with me.

Edmonton Oilers - @NUKE Freeman (O) @Coltcrazy (GM)

Coltcrazy : We played great and score more goals than the other team

KB: What players on your team impressed you this week and what players didn't?

Coltcrazy : Not answering that

KB: What team this week was the toughest for your team to go up against and why?

Coltcrazy : Definitely LA mainly because they had @Tendy @Rickchel98 and @AAli-21 playing

KB: What team do you think next week will be the toughest for your team to go up against and why?

Coltcrazy : Depends what they throw out

KB: If you had to make a prediction of your team record next week what would that be?

Coltcrazy : Hopefully 9-0

Arizona Coyotes- @Moranaconda (O) @vhigh (GM)

Vhigh (GM Arizona Coyotes)(LGHL PSN) Morantula:

Week 5, another rough week. Started off the week losing a few very close games and then later in the week we were able to get some important wins. I feel that we should have won the LA game, but as it was their first line, you expect them to capitalize on your mistakes. We made a few too many and ended up losing a game that I feel we shouldn't have. Our team seems to be getting more involved and I think that is important. One of our biggest problems has been availability. We haven't used that many ECUs this season, but we haven't been able to play the match ups that we have wanted to maximize our success. I think if we can get guys showing up more often for the match ups we want, then we have all the tools necessary to be a contender! But now we need massive improvement because 3-6, 4-5, 5-4 every week will NOT get us anywhere. Week 6 is an opportunity to gain some ground playing
    against the top Eastern Conference teams!!

Last week, in my opinion, the toughest match up was against the Blues. Our guys went down early but were able to get the victory in OT!! That was big because if we lose that game then morale is down but because they pulled it out, the boys gave confidence to the rest of the team!! This week the toughest match up is likely to be the Florida Panthers. I think they are the toughest match up for everyone in the league and they just made a HUGE trade and brought in 3 really good players! In other words, the team that had to get better the least, just got a LOT better!

I don't have a prediction for our record. But we did just improve the quality of our roster this weekend and I think we have a great opportunity to climb the division ladder!

We have had a rough season. Rough weeks have strung together. But I will say what Moran said, Moran and I need to be better. I don't care about how many points I get if we lose. I have produced more the last 2 weeks than all season. But we have VERY little to show for it. We are getting better and I think we have found a line that we will play well together and we can start winning. If we can support our forwards with the defense and breakouts they need, we will win a lot of games to end the season.

Trades. We have made 2 trades this weekend already. In a perfect world I'd like to think we are done. But you never know in this league so we will have to see what happens.

Anaheim Ducks - @xXLikeABOSSXx92 (O)

Polska_BOSS_ 780:

Definitely the Calgary Flames , they have so much fire power up front that game in frost . He just makes players around him good. There defense traps really good to and limits scoring. Being down 5-2 that game and our guys rallying back to 5-4 was a definite step. Also we are trying to catch them for points so it's really tough when there is such a gap. Going into a game like that vs Calgary is tough knowing you need to get the 2 points to make gap.

The Florida Panthers , I mean there record says it all they are top in the league and have outstanding defense.

7-2-0

@timebot12 really impressed me he finally got the full time call up from San Diego . Which he deserved 100% , he put up good numbers . Honestly our whole d core has struggled but I look for them to rebound this week, with a lot of new faces that have chemistry I think things will start to click a lot smoother than the previous week's but hopefully it's not to late.

I am very comfortable with how the team looks now , it's no lie we are below .500 at the moment . We are a few points out of a division playoff spot , backed by a ton of that central division wild card . The way I look at it now if we do make the post season we will be happy with the picks we acquired and the guys who are on the full time Anaheim Team. I feel like we got better down the middle and on the wing. If anything you can expect a player or two moved out by deadline .

San Jose Sharks - @radicalapex (GM)

radicalapex:

I think the obvious answer is Edmonton. They sent out a very strong line against us, and we just didn't have an answer for it.

Florida. They're the defending Eastern Conference Champions, and are currently sitting first in the league.

I like to go into every week with the hopes of us going 9-0. More realistically, let's go for 5-4 and play for something better.

We've had a lot of turnover this weekend, so that's a tough one to answer. @Sejje 19 and @xTarasenko91_ impress me every single week; it's been a pleasure having them on the team. As for a bounce-back week, I think that'll be @palfguy . He had a rough couple games to end last week, but with some line shuffling this week I can see him storming back with a big one.

I've got a few more ideas I'm playing around with and offers I'm considering, so it'll just depend how those go. If we don't make any other trades, I'm still confident in where we are heading into week 6.

Manager Questions - Owner/GM.

1) Tell me about yourself? (LG History)

2) Tell me about a difficult situation you had to face as a manager and how you dealt with it?

3) Tell me about a time when you were confronted with an unpleasant roster player and how you dealt with it?

4) What made you want to be apart of management this season?

5) What is your greatest achievement?

6) How many seasons of management experience do you have?

7) What is your focus when finding roster players for your team?

8) Do you put up with off the ice bad attitude players or if the player is well talented does it not matter to you how they behave or act in the community?

9) What do you focus on more, Offense or Defense?

10) What is your goal as a Manager this season?

Calgary Flames: Jay A (Owner)

1) LG wise I've been here on and off since s3 of Xbox ( too long )

2) Like anyone else its a matter of fighting through the choices the league makes more than anything. They tend to fuck you over at times.

3) You will get 1 or 2 of those every season, stay professional and deal with it accordingly. At the end of the day its a league for fun and try and keep it fun for most.

4) I do it every season in one way or another, this time was to slowly start getting a knowledge for players and such to go into nhl 18 as I am new to the PS community.

5) Winning a Stanley cup and gold medal for Canada being owner as both.

6) Too many to count from the nhl 08 days till now lol.

7) heading into next week its about finding more avail without taking a hit at the talent side.

8) some people like to troll and some are just dicks, its a matter of reading the person. Truly a bad person 9 times out of 10 he will be gone asap.

9) Normally D, I'm trying to be more about O but always fall back on the d ;)

10) make a deep push in the playoffs, worst case just making the playoffs due to taking over the last place team with nothing much to start with on it.

St. Louis Blues: ryofthebeholder (Owner)

1) I found out about LG from @Pasta_in_my_nose and I signed up late for S1. Organized leagues were not a thing I knew existed. It introduced me to a whole community. I then cleared training camp with the ice caps and eventually took AGM to help out with a bad situation. (Habs owner at the time got removed for, you guessed it, second tagging.) I then was drafted by the blues S2 and took AGM halfway through the season. I was able to prepare for S3 and keep us from forfeiting games so I would be considered to take the team the following season.

2) I think the S2 blues made me really find out if I wanted to do this. It's extremely difficult to keep a team showing up for games when the playoffs aren't happening. Any move you try to make to improve the team, the player shows up and is less than enthused to be there. I had help, and I was able to find guys that were looking to gain some exposure to NHL talent, so that helped keep guys showing up. I was learning all along what it was gonna take to be a winner at this level.

3) We had a guy lose his mind in a Skype chat because we weren't very good. I still haven't dealt with it, I can't sleep at night

4) I wanted to follow-up on the positive things we got done s3 and improve upon the things I would've done better. I think management like myself and my GM's are what make LG the best. We have a lot of good ones, especially this season.

5) So far, I'd say making the playoffs last season. I was happy with being able to get a series win vs a good Dallas team, but that's not the goal.

6) This is my 4th in LG. I was AGM of Ice Caps and Blues and Owner the last two seasons here.

7) I would have to say it's the performance in good 6's games. That's when you find out what you can do better personally and what you can expect from these guys once we get into the season.

8) Yes and no. I don't care so much. I just don't want guys getting banned for code of conduct things. There's always a limit. The line is simple to see, are you hurting your team or not?

9) We focus on what's available. What's the value at each position in relation to the league? In a league where defense is generally hard to come by on a consistent basis, we saw an opportunity to gain an advantage, so we loaded up on defense without a large cap hit.

10) I think you know the answer to that.

Arizona Coyotes: Moranaconda (Owner)

1) I have been here since day 1 on the PSN side. All 4 seasons have been in Management as we were AHL management S1 and S2 and moved to the NHL S3 and have been here ever since.

2) Well I would say S2 as Hershey GM was really tough. We had some interesting things happen all season long with players being called up, bid on and taken, one guy quite the league before the season even started.. It was a mess... But after the dust settled we knocked the dirt off ourselves and got ourselves back in it. We put a run together in the second half of the season to come back from 18 points out of a playoff spot to even but blew it in a win and in couple of games at the very end.. But we were tied for a playoff spot with 2 games to go and just fell short..

3) Well we have had unpleasant roster players several times and have found the best way to deal with it is to move on and remove them from the team. It only takes one spoiled tomato to ruin the whole batch. It blows me away sometimes the things you will run across as far as ego or just plain terrible at life things with some players. There are guys who care only about their own personal stats out there and no matter how good those guys are they do not last on teams and you will see them moved all the time from team to team. I just don't have the time or care to deal with guys like that who become a problem. IT'S A VIDEO GAME GET OVER YOURSELF!

4) Well it just feels normal to me. I would rather talk to everyone and plan things out and talk to players and run things a certain way I guess. Plus it is my dream job that I get to live out on a daily fantasy world basis so I love it!! haha

5) I would assume you mean greatest achievement in the League? I would say without question our Podcast that we do. We are coming up on a full calendar year since we started doing LG Hockey Hotline and it is still a blast every time we do it. Plus I think it builds the comradery within the community and brings players together. That and taking over what was widely thought to be the biggest joke of a franchise in the LGHL PSN and bringing just a little creditability to it and having a blast while doing so. We are proud of that as well.

6) Like I said in the first question this is Season 4 of being in management and we don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

7) Well the number one focus obviously is talent. But you also have to find the right type of guys. Guys who can handle adversity and don't run away at the first sign of trouble and start playing the blame game of how it is everyone's fault but theirs and pointing fingers and requesting trades. Those are the guys you want to stay away from if you ask me. I have said it before and I will say it again, "You find out everything you need to know about a player when things aren't going according to plan" and that statement is so true.

8) Absolutely not, we have a policy that we follow as a management group and we also have a standard that we like our players to live up to. I will try to put an end to the crap as best I can but if I see there is no changing it we will move on from a player no matter what the "talent" level is. Because let's face it we are here to have fun not be stressed out by some immature idiot who is always causing stressful situations.

9) Well believe it or not Defense.. Although you wouldn't notice that from our teams the last 2 seasons...

10) Well the goal is the same every season, to win the cup.

Toronto Maple Leafs: (kadri--) (GM)

1) S1 I started with Winnipeg, but got traded to Dallas and got eliminated in round 1 or 2 of playoffs.
    S2 I was gm of the stars and lost in Stanley Cup finals.
    S3/S4 I was gm of Toronto

2) Dealing with player attitudes and not doing well in the season, so we decided to enter rebuild mode before it was too late, so we were sellers early and got our 1st round pick back which led to a top pick in the past draft

3) Traded the player

4) Wanted to make the playoffs for the leafs since it's been awhile for the real club

5) Western conference champs s2

6) 3rd season

7) Guys with good attitudes with respectable stats if I don't know who they are

8) Try to talk to them first and if they don't change and there are still many complaints over the next few weeks, I'll try to trade him

9. Defense, if you have a weak D core, there will be very limited chances for offense

10. To make playoffs

Ottawa Senators: Bloop (GM)

I joined LG Season 1 with the Avalanche, got waived after 5 games (0-5-0, -17), got picked up by Columbus, played with Woy at the end of the year, finished 15-8-1 and a +2...Got traded to Florida which was cool got to play with @Lojikuhl and @bievsea a lot that season, went 16-8-2, +33, which was fun. Got traded to the Sens last year kind of anchored down our #2 pairing with a 17-9-2, +21 record, became a GM this year. It was fun playing for all those teams, I've had some of the best owners to play for in the league that has really made my LG experience pretty good.

2) Tell me about a difficult situation you had to face as a manager and how you dealt with it?

Well we had a stretch this season going 3-14-1 or something like that, morale was low but we've shaken things up, we had to trade away our whole top line and what was our 2nd line at the time cause guys didn't want to play here anymore. It took some time and some tough moves but we feel we've come out decently from it and are set up to succeed the rest of the season now.

3) Tell me about a time when you were confronted with an unpleasant roster player and how you dealt with it?

A couple guys on our top line this year didn't want to play for us, one quit after he disconnected from a game so that was tough. We just had to move on. I don't care how good someone is at NHL, if you're going to leave your teammates out to dry and take a forfeit loss like that, you really don't deserve to be playing in this league.

I was kind of like a back up AGM last year with Ottawa, gave my input to a lot of things we did, thought I'd try it out.

Just playing with some the d I've been paired up with over the years. Even before Woy I played with @BergysDeke who is a great guy, Woy obviously, @Lojikuhl , @bievsea , @CaptainCheese , LB. It's been fun playing with these guys, some of the top d-men in the league over the years and some really good guys.

Rookie

I wanted to build a team who could score offensively. Defense is important but it's something you can learn together through communication, and guys actually giving a damn. Putting the puck in the net is key to the success of any team though.

8) Do you put up with off the ice bad attitude players or if the player is talented does it not matter to you how they behave or act in the community?

It depends, I don't care about your attitude as long as you're not hurting your teammates. Once you've given up on them though, I have no time for it. If you have a bad attitude but always play your best and try to win, I don't care at all though.

Offense, like I say, defense can be taught or figured out just through communicating a system you want to play and relaying where you want to be on the ice.

Win the Stanley Cup

Nashville Predators: Tcx (GM)

Hi I'm Rico, I've been playing in virtual hockey leagues since the VHL (NHL09) on the Xbox side. When that died and everyone came over I too made the jump.

Ummm I've never really had too much difficulty with anything management wise. I guess the worse thing would be building a team you think will be great but for other reasons it just doesn't pan out. (Not this season).

I mean Pelley was a dick so I traded his ass, that worked out for everyone lol.

I didn't really want to do management to be honest. I'm doing it because I'm with friends. Any other
    situation and it probably doesn't happen.

If we're talking virtual ice hockey, I guess winning virtual gold medals is nice (4) but I would like to win
    the Stanley cup one day.

If we're talking real life I once dabbed so hard I got a concussion.

Since 09 across multiple leagues I have 13 season of management experience.

Good people first, skill can be taught, you can't teach someone to not be a cuck.

I've actually been really lucky in pretty much all my management seasons when it comes to players with bad attitude. I can't really name a lot of them but when I have had them, its usually dealt with pretty quickly.

I like to put in a strong mix of both. Of course offense is much easier to find though, so focusing on defense is a must.

Anything but a cup is a failure in my eyes.

Minnesota Wild: LoL (GM) *Gurnndeeeeep*

1) CHEL

2) Chyz getting banned but we have him on replacement tags so its all good

3) There all 2nd tags so we don't have to deal with anyone

4) I was forced into it by socca and mamba

5) hi @King Fruit Loops

6) none

7) are they willing to give up their tags

8) nah they all get banned

9) Up Up Up

10) finish the season

San Jose Sharks: radicalapex (GM)

Nothing extensive, but here's what I've got:

LG is the first NHL league I joined. I started out in season 1 (PSN) with Columbus, and took over as GM of San Jose starting in season 2.

The most difficult is probably right now. I felt that we build a team that was going to be competitive, but it just never came together. We had lots of talent, but no chemistry. All I can do is make some moves and try to remedy that.

I can't think of any in particular, but I'll usually talk to the player and try to figure out what's going on and how we can fix it. Sometimes it's as simple as changing line mates, other times it might be searching for a trade.

The Sharks owner, M1keal, and I have been playing together for about 6 years. From the time he took over ownership of the Sharks, he wanted me to be his GM and I've been happy to help.

As a player, coming within a few goals of making the Eastern Conference Finals in season 1. As a manager, making the playoffs in season 2.

A combination of skill and personality. We don't just look for talented players, but ones that are going to get along with the rest of the team.

8) Do you put up with off the ice bad attitude players or if the player is talented does it not matter to you how they behave or act in the community?

It depends no the situation. If someone isn't getting along with the rest, I'll try to make a move to find a somewhat equal replacement.

I like to focus on both, but tend to me more defensive-minded since I'm playing D in the league.

To turn the Sharks season around and make a playoff push.

Columbus Blue Jackets: x4HxPESTILENCEx CBJ Owner

1) Tell me about yourself?

I am Pest and pest rhymes with best ;)

People quitting, no showing, and requesting trades, and I deal with it by moving them.

Well I mean there was gost, and you saw what happened there.

I've always wanted to be an Owner.

Leading the Ice Caps to the finals, especially because no one gave us a chance all playoffs long.

Team players and guys that can mesh together.

No I would move them, try not to get bad eggs on my team.

Defense wins championships

The same as everyone's goal to be the best and win the cup.

Philadelphia Flyers: Dxwny (GM)

1) I came into LG S1 PSN and went 500k nobody really knew my talent and I also wasn't very good. I started playing with guys like @Scoutzy and @ShroomSmoke and I improved a bit.

2. Being manager is difficult my drive it to win.

3. Communication is key when you have a difficult player. Trading them normally works but you have to find the best offer don't rip them immediately.

4. It was based on me not wanting to have a contract which limited my team.

5. LG wise, I really have nothing. I guess being an All-Star, finishing #8 in PS and getting smacked by TaL, and making CanAm

6. 0 This is my first season

7. It doesn't need to be guys I know. If they are good and cheap or I can afford them I'll get them.

8. Shoutbox attitude I could care less about. If they attack teammates that's when I step In. As long as the ego stays away from the teammates its fine.

9. Offense for sure. People tell me to focus on defense but i truly believe in offense.

10. Have a good season.

Boston Bruins: II_JCross_II (AGM)
    1) not really sure what you want for this one. Was staff season 1, owner of the wild in season 2 and 3. Then decided to step down from that and currently am helping @xShauN88 out in Boston

2) How about almost every situation! Players can be a pain sometime. Honestly I think most of the difficulties as an owner are either scheduling or dealing with egos.

3) I traded his ass to some unfortunate soul

4) This season was to try and team up with a successful manager in Shaun and try to work together to win the cup neither of us has gotten.

5) ummm I haven't quit yet? Lol

6) This is my 3rd.

7) it's all about chemistry, good attitudes, and availability. Good thumbs don't hurt either

8) I can live with an instigator as long as he is a good teammate. Most of the time I just find them amusing .

9) I don't think one trumps the other because you can win games 1-0 or 8-7. Its good to have a mix of being able to play both depending on how the game is going.

10) Win the whole God damn thing!

Pittsburgh Penguins: stay_at_homed (GM)

1) Well my LG history started out as a center in which a few of my club mates and I ended up on the Rangers and missed the playoffs by 1 point. I wanted to play center to evaluate how it would go with this new league with 3 lines. Season 2 I re signed and played center one more season and the success just wasn't there.

2) Season 3 I went back to my natural defensive position and was overpaid by the islanders. We finished with the last playoff spot and took down the Bruins before falling to a solid Florida team. Some classic smack talk in that series btw.
    Decided to help with AGM on Pittsburgh after being traded in the offseason before our Gm quit. I wanted the exposure to the NHL management as I have had an interest in running a team but have never applied.

3) I think the toughest situation is when people request trades and then throw games to force your hand before you can get the trade that makes sense for your team. Obviously you just have to trade them as fast as possible to avoid any more throwing.

4) Well unpleasant people are around the league unfortunately and that will always exist when your in a competitive environment. People will call people out and in turn just make it so they are unplayable together so it was just best to separate them lineup wise as well as team chat.
    I wanted to be apart of management to help out any way I could as well as pop my cherry as I do have some interest in running a team at some point.

5) My greatest achievement is definitely my military service proudly served my country and got to meet amazing people in my tours overseas. As far as achievements in NHL goes I would say the Eashl playoffs from NHL 10 playing for the Ice holes was a great experience and wish Ea would get involved with some type of e sport in the NHL series.

6) When looking at players for the team it's about value for their salary with a mix of who we think or know they would have good chemistry with.

7) Bad attitudes are everywhere in the league and hell we had one last season on the islanders that has a great chat box presence that everyone knows. But how people are perceived by the community isn't always the way they are when they are with the team.

8) I don't care about other people's opinions it's only the teams that matters as there are trolls abound all over the league. As long as it doesn't spread to the team then it's no big deal.

9) I obviously focus more on the defensive side of things that is my #1 responsibility and I'm ok if I'm not putting up points as long as we win.

10) My goal this season is to help build the best team possible and make a run for the cup.

New York Rangers: Jetup NYR Owner

1) I came over to LG once they started the psn side and took over the Rangers for the past 4 seasons.

2) Most difficult situation had to be all of season 3 just a bunch of egos and losing on top of it wasn't a good time.

3) I've been confronted with a couple unpleasant players, usually deal with it by just trading them away.

4) I took management this season because last season was so bad with egos as I mentioned before it was kind of a wash so I wanted to go 1 more and finish on a good note and have a good time.

5) Greatest achievement in LG was season 1 had a real solid team even after having our top fwd retire just missed the playoffs with 99 points.

6) Combined throughout different leagues I have about 8 seasons management experience.

7) My first focus building a team is to get players that can make a big impact either offensively or defensively and then from there try to get players that I think will mesh will with them.

8) No I don't put up with attitudes or people that think they are cool because of a video game. I stay away from chat box presence guys, trolls, people who have this idea that being better at a video game makes them than someone else and rag on everyone.

9) I try to build from the goalie out so defense first.

10) my goal as a manager this season is just like I said before, finish on a good note. The record may not be what I'd like but having good people on the team and having fun playing will make it worth it. That's what leagues are supposed to be about anyway.

Colorado Avalanche: CoUnTeR ATtACK (Owner)

Well, I won the first ever S01 Calder cup with Hartford wolf pack, then returned by choice S02 to try and repeat but lost in Calder finals game 7, which I thought was a fair loss until I found out Jclaus played on a 2nd tag, other then that made the step up to NHL Ownership S03 where I most defiantly stumbled out of the gates, finished the season Strong, and carried that into this season.

S2 Calder finals , I had 2 Stud Goalies in big @Biglambers and jonez , and they both wanted to play badly and I honestly did not know what to pick .. I picked @Biglambers when it came game 7, even though my Gut told me Jonez... and to this day Jonez let's me know about it lol, I admitted I made a mistake. Don't get me wrong lambers didn't lose us the game, just jonez was on fire since I called him up... he was legit stealing games and never know even with Jclaus cheating Jonez may stole the Calder from him still.

Oh this one is kind of easy one, Goalies seem to be absolute head cases most the time, In my view of a good team I like to have #1 starter and 1A so that tends to lead to ego battles between goalies, right now I don't have that .....yet..... cross fingers so it's nice but mainly I'm a fair guy and if a player really doesn't want to play for me, I'll move them when I find fair value,

I love fantasy sports and creating teams and I used love club so when you mix those 2 together you get LG, I overall enjoy scouting players and playing competitive 6s, so as long as it's fun I'll keep on keeping on

Well LG related I would hope this question is lol and I'll base it on that... I would say now it's Back to Back Calder's S01 & 2 even if the league doesn't want to rightfully give it us.

This is my 3rd official season but I was unofficial S01 as well,

I would say players that have vision and most importantly have a two way game, because there's not many players in the league that u can benefit from against great teams can't play Defense.

No I don't it's why players like @Serpe x 13 are worth a bag of pucks to me.. players like Him that troll the community are dumb, there lots of good players with out massive egos out there, but all in all I like a team that's get along and has fun, it's a video game, be no fun with ppl pointing fingers and talking down to teammates.

Think the previous answer on #1 answered this one, TEAM D FTW

My goal is make LG History and lead the Avs to there first Playoff Birth! After that sky's the limits, but one bad week in central u can fall right out of the races it's gross.

New Jersey Devils: Odieee (Owner)

This is my first season on PlayStation but I’ve been playing on Xbox in leagues for the past 6 or 7 years. I have won cups on Xbox with the S19 Winnipeg Jets and the S23 New York Islanders.

The whole JClaus situation this season was extremely difficult since we lost a potential 10+ mill player. In order to deal with the situation, I had to trade key components of our team to fill roster spots.

In S2 I had Banging Models aka jakeypoobear on my team and he sucked ass at the game, which was holding our team back. To deal with the situation, I was able to trade him for x Brayden (thank you LoL) and we were able to win the cup. RIP NYI

I was scared to go to a shitty team in bidding (RIP @Tendy). Claus is also a really good player so it made my decision in taking GM very easy.

Probably the cup I won in S23 because that was my first cup as a manager and I had a lot of friends on the team who haven’t won a cup before.

8 or 9 I think. I’ve lost count.

For forwards I’m looking for someone who is willing to cycle down low and moves the puck quickly to his line mates. On defense, I’m looking for someone who can break out the puck quickly, and doesn’t run out of position. For goalie, I’m looking for someone who doesn’t talk in parties and stops short side shots.

8) Do you put up with off the ice bad attitude players or if the player is talented does
    it not matter to you how they behave or act in the community?

I’ve honestly never had a player that has had a shitty attitude on my team but that might be cause my teams are usually successful. If you have a track record of building high end teams, bad attitudes are never an issue.

I think defense is more important hence why we spent 10 mill on officialmark07. From my past experiences, high end defense is more important than high end forwards

Everyone’s goal should be to win the cup.

New York Islanders: JC (NYI GM)

1) I've been in LG the past 4 season this is the first year I'm in management as a GM. It's fun to try to build a team from scratch... It's tough but it's rewarding at the same time.

2) is coexisting with your owner, cause we had different ideas and players we wants for our team so everyone needs to be on the same page. Its tough letting players go in trades but when you can make your team better you have to do what's best for the team.

3) there was a time when a player was yelling and screaming in game chat cause he wasn't getting the puck and making everyone in game ever uncomfortable. He asked for a trade and I told it's tough trading you unless you improve your attitude and game play.... He won the next game he played and apologize to the owner the next day.

4) I wanted to be in management to build a contender and make a deep run in the playoffs. When you do that it means you know what you are doing and earn some respect in the community... Also to met and talk with other owners and GMs.... To pick their brains lol

5) So far none, but best achievement I guess it will have be as a player last season, when @toslick brought me in and we made the playoffs and beat Boston in the first round but lost the Florida in 6 game in the 2nd round... It was a fun experience and like to thanks @toslick for giving me the experience.

6) 2 season I believe as GM but this season I'm a lot more active in the trade community and talking to players then the last time I was GM with Colorado.

7) chemistry and good person, when I say good person I mean someone that's chill and not yelling and pissed off at the other guys, I look for players that win or lose will do it as a team... And never single anyone out.

8) I expect my roster players to have respect for other on and off the ice, I wouldn't want anyone of my players to embarrassed the team. Talented or not.

9) My main focus is defense chances are you win more games then lose with a low GAA. I don't mind low scoring games.

10) gaining experience in management, and hopefully making push in the playoffs 4 points out and we haven't played our best hockey yet.

Chicago Blackhawks: CCPiper (Owner)

1. My first season of LG, I was the GM for the Nashville Predators. Ultimately our team wasn't that great and we had some issues with players quitting the league and no-showing, so it kind of put a damper on my experience. As a result, I was hesitant to sign up for season 2, and actually didn't decide to sign up until I was ineligible for NHL bidding. Fortunately, Scoot decided to bid on me, called me up right away, and made me his AGM, which would be the beginning of a successful management partnership. The ensuing season, I was Scoot's GM, and we were able to win the Stanley Cup with the best roster I have ever played with in a league setting.

2. The most difficult thing I have had to deal with as a manager in any league, not just LG, has been people no-showing for their games or just dropping out of the league in general. It can be a bit stressful sometimes to make last second adjustments at game time when somebody doesn't show up or can't make it, sometimes for good reason.

3. To be honest there haven't really been any players that I have personally had a huge problem with when managing teams. Sometimes, certain players can be unreliable or just might not mesh well with our team, and in that case, usually I try to talk to them individually about it, and if it continues then I end up moving them. I'd like to think that I'm pretty good at getting along with people though, so typically I don't have a lot of conflicts with players that are on my team.

4. As some people know, I was one of the candidates to take ownership of a team this season from the beginning, and I was actually offered to take ownership of Calgary. However, the core players from our Chicago team ended up deciding that we would stay on the team, so I came back for another season as Scoot's GM since I knew we would have a good shot at possibly winning the Cup again. Scoot then ended up getting removed from the league, so I took over as owner of the team.

5. In terms of LG, my greatest achievement was winning the Stanley Cup last season.

6. In LG, I have been an AGM for a season and a GM for two and a half seasons. I also ran an AHL team in VGHL (shoutout to Charlotte), and was an owner of a team in SPNHL.

7. I'd say it's a combination of a lot of things. The obvious thing to look for is skill, but in my opinion the most important thing is to make sure you build a team with smart players that have a knack for winning games. It's also very important to make sure you build a roster of players that will get along with each other and will have good attitudes. A lot of people don't really talk about this in LG, but I think it's important to have a good team dynamic, because if you have players on your team that hate each other or just don't care, chances are you're not going to do well.

8. Player attitude is definitely something that is important to me, and if somebody has a bad attitude they would not last long on my team. Fortunately, the teams that I've been on and helped manage almost always have a good atmosphere, and I think generally people understand that it's important to work as a team to succeed. Our team from last season was a very good example of this.

9. As a player, I tend to think more defensively than offensively, and that translates a bit to the way that I like to manage teams as well. Defense does win championships. At the same time though, it's very important to have a balanced team that can control the game by playing efficiently on offense. I think some owners/managers make the mistake of trying to build their team to win in specific ways (ie: going all-out defense & winning games 1-0 off of a rebound goal, winning games with a high-powered rush offense but no defense, etc.). I think it's more important to build a team that is capable of winning games in multiple different ways. Every game is different and has its own story, and you're not going to be able to win enough games against all of the teams in this league if you rely on one specific method to win.

10. Win the Stanley Cup

NUKE Freeman -Edmonton Oilers Owner-

1) Played a few seasons on Xbox, and every season on PS4, so far

2) Taking over Washington after Week 2 in Season 3. Everyone wanted out, so that was fun.

3) Last season was filled with unpleasant roster players. I tried to trade the ones that stuck it out with me.

4) I wanted a full season as management, plus a full offseason to prepare for it.

5) Two nukes in one game in MW2 back in the day.

6) Part of season 3, and all of season 4.

7) Building from the net out. Though, good availability is good too.

8) Attitude is a big no for me. Try to stay away from those players if I can.

9) Defense.

10) Make the playoffs, or at least finish higher than last season.

Nick_x_98 (Montrèal Canadiens GM)

I have been here for 4 seasons, 3 as a RW and 1 as a LD. should've been Calder champs in s1 but had real life shit come up.

Difficult situations you face as a manager normally revolve around a struggling team that's solid on paper or by unhappy players wanting out. you makes moves that fix them.

if a player isn't happy here I usually like to find out why and figure out what changes can be made to fix that, different situations have different fixes

I like being management because I feel like I have the ability to build a solid roster

greatest achievement I guess would be the season record holder for most goals/points in a season in Montreal

3 seasons as some form of management

Usually I try to find players that have played together in the past with success

If you have a bad attitude, you're not on my team. simple as that. take your pity party elsewhere

I would say there's a higher focus here on team defense

goal as a manager is always to build a successful and competitive team

(Chief) - Dallas Stars Owner

Oh boy... here we go haha.

1. I've been in LG since S1. Took management in S3 and have been ever since.

2. Last season my GM and AGM tried to get me banned and went behind my back the whole time. I caught them in it, never got banned because I didn't do shit wrong and then traded all the snakes away leaving my GM with nobody to be a snake with and therefore hating the rest of the season therefore us choking in rd 1.

3. Anyone who's unpleasant gets the boot, bitch byyyyyyye.

4. I love being an owner, I love making trades and having the ability to do so lol and I love the owners chat.

5. I'm bad at this game so I don't have any achievements. But my team won the Atlantic Division last season so that's cool.

6. I have 3 seasons on SP, 1 on VG, and now 2 on LG of management experience.

7. My focus is to find people who don't have butt plugs in their ass and people who aren't cancers and obviously have thumbs in this game.

8. Oh no it matters, if you act like a cancer you're gone for the most part. There are some exceptions but that's how it is for the most part for me.

9. Definitely try to focus on defense more but this season has been offense and it hasn't been bad haha.

10. WIN DAT CUP YO

Florida Panthers: Yung Jaq (GM)

1. I'll spare you the details but I've been an LG underachiever due to poor teammates and I think this season it'll finally change.

2. I haven't had any of those yet since it's my first season as management.

3. Season 1 with LA, one of our goalies tried to coach from the crease so I told him to shut the fuck up then we benched him for the rest of the playoffs.

4. Being a 10 mil player on a free contract with a good owner.

5. In virtual hockey? Winning pro series on Xbox I guess.

6. None in LG but one or two in other leagues.

7. How much they will give me the puck.

8. As long as they don't go too far, I don't really care.

9. Offense.

10. To shit on everyone.

Anaheim Ducks: Polska_BOSS_ 780 (Owner)

1. I have been here from the beginning of start of LG of PSN. I joined the PSN community not knowing any of the community to knowing almost everyone. I was part of LG along time ago on the 360 but never took it as serious as I do now. My major success came from the past two seasons where my team made a debut in playoffs when they weren't expected to . Last season stood out by far my AHL team won the presidents trophy to my NHL team that was 2 points off NHL presidents trophy. Also to a western Stanley cup final meeting with the Hawks.

2. Losing my GM NHL wise and AHL wise this season due to personal reasons. I mean this wasn't just tough for me but left me scrambling with a ton of more work where I have made a lot of good arrangements to get the organization back on track. You just don't deal with two losses like that so close together rarely in a league . It was a experience I won't forget. Just what a little adversity can do to someone .

3. When someone came to me about how they are only scheduled for three games , my response was your play reflects your ice time, enough said. The player proceeded to tell me I didn't schedule him for more than 3 and that I am unfair I didn't see it that way though . I just told the player the best guy has to run with it while the other one needs to play the back up role to prove himself .

4. I have done it for 3 seasons and I love it . I spend more than half my time on LG and I wouldn't trade that for anything . You get to deal with a lot of cool people from a lot of different backgrounds.

5. Winning the pacific division last season , being nominated for the jack Adams award , my AHL team winning the presidents trophy last season, off a team I built through bidding.

6. since the beginning of season 1 in the NHL

7. Guys who can really cycle and guys who can play a two way hockey game. Guys who get on and practice and grow with the team .

8. Nah my players are always stressed how to act in the community and what rules need to be followed I enforce everything LG preaches. I deal with tons of people all the time but I handle it really well to make them amend to what the plan is here .

9. Honestly both but defense by far. But that being said you can have good defense but if you don't have the right offence your defense can only do so much.

10. To Finnish the season above .500 and push for the post season

Carolina Hurricanes: skilledpython (GM)

S2: LGCHL, successful CHL stint, then traded for at AHL level, called up to AHL.
    LGAHL, helped team to a playoff birth.

S3: LGAHL, Excepted GM roll, then built and managed a team to Calder Cup Championship win.
    Part of the LGAHL awards committee.
    Contribute to league specific content ie., written publications, live video podcasts and radio podcasts.
    S4: LGHL GM...

Dealing with a mess of a team to start S2. Dealt with it by being very focused and proactive. When it comes to building success there is no time to mess around.

I'm understanding, fair and firm. If there's a problem I provide the environment and opportunity for players to turn it around... if they don't turn it around I move on...

I'm comfortable in the roll and have success in the position. Therefore I plan on continuing my LG career in Ownership / GM capacity.

Winning the Calder Cup is no easy task, and so far the greatest achievement to date.
    However I'm now focused on a Stanley Cup.

My profession is in leadership and Management, as a business Owner and career Operations Manager I manage for success every day, its what I do Also have won real Championships in team sport so I know what it takes to get there and win it all.

Champion character

8) Do you put up with off the ice bad attitude players or if the player is talented does it not matter to
    you how they behave or act in the community?

As long as the player treats his team mates and LG community with respect and dignity I couldn't care less.

Both

Playoffs

Thank you all for taking the time to deal with my persistence in getting these answered and good luck to all teams next week! I look forward to delivering week 6 weekly recap write-up and I hope you guys look forward to seeing another great write-up be written.

This was pretty tough considering I had to interview 30 different managers but I got the job done and now I can go to sleep until next week.

Stay tuned for what week 6 LGHL Recap has to offer, until then

I'll see you guys next week!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 4
    No Streaming Account
  2. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 42 / -125
    The amount of work you put in dude is overwhelming, these are wonderful reads and personality profiles. Thank you KB

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    DynoMike25
  3. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Yung Jaq : 3. Season 1 with LA, one of our goalies tried to coach from the crease so I told him to shut the fuck up then we benched him for the rest of the playoffs.

Ahahaha RIP @HohoMcAngles

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  4. bjackedson

bjackedson The Great BJ

Ratings:
    +241 / 22 / -18
    Do your interview with me I'll represent Canucks nation

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Xx LoL xX 9

Xx LoL xX 9 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 11 / -4
    In S2 I had Banging Models aka jakeypoobear on my team and he sucked ass at the game, which was holding our team back. To deal with the situation, I was able to trade him for x Brayden (thank you LoL) and we were able to win the cup. RIP NYI

Time to pay up @Odieeeeee @x Braydenn

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. TGolding007

TGolding007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 1 / -5
    Jaq: we are better than every team in every way.

Truer words have not been spoken. I love you guys

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Speedyrocker89

Speedyrocker89 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,295 / 126 / -246
    • Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    tldr

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    LazyPedestrian
  9. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    Nice write up KB.

It's great that so many people are contributing to the community now. We've gone so long without media that I can barely remember that in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft while @Qc_ChieF-27 shut down @jdheagle-

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Sloshy97
  10. HohoMcAngles

HohoMcAngles Well-Known Member

Discord:
    zapur#0
    Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -3
    Yeah, then you guys lost cus I didn't play. HAHAHAHAHA

Btw, no one told me to me to stfu. Some tough guy you are. Keyboard warrior.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Hohomcangles
  11. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    stfu

• Winner Winner x 2