LGFA Tiki Talka: Season 10 Write Up

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by xJettx, Apr 9, 2017.

1. xJettx

xJettx Ojettchkin: Mem Cup Champ, Game 7 Legend, Chirper.

Discord:
    prolificjett#0
    Ratings:
    +1,150 / 46 / -55
    Season 10 of LGFA is upon us. With this new season comes new media from myself, TKShooter22, and PhillyFan765. We will be moving on to a weekly show next week, but until then we wanted to leave you with a Season 10 write up to kick off the season. Observations from bidding and preseason, along with power ranking and productions. If there is any thing you want to see from us this season, feel free to leave your feedback for us down below. Best of luck to everyone this season!

LGFA Tiki Talka

Opening Kick Off

[​IMG]

Season 10 is upon us. Bidding kicked off without a hitch with really no surprises. No 15 million Pickle this season, as Unlucky Evo was the big winner this year with 12 million in cash money from ANGELSKYWALKER3 and Manchester City. A justified price for one of the better players in the LGFA. On the other side of the bidding coin, we saw one team…one team…bid three times on the same player. You know who you are, and I would love to hear the reasoning behind it in the comments below. They outbid themselves two times before winning the bidding war with…. themselves. Maybe we should explain bidding to owners before the start of Season 11. Bidding shaped up the way you would expect it with Hull, Watford, Newcastle, Sunderland, and Southampton bringing back a good chunk of their Season 9 rosters. Everton had a strong bidding as they assembled their 500k ACL army. Is it just incredible bidding talent, or do other owners know that some of those ACL guys just wouldn’t want to play for them? Regardless, this season is set to be a competitive one throughout most of the table.

Bidding was soon followed by the first, of what I’m sure will be many controversies this season. Controversy initiated by Hull City owner Soccer SM 10 and Manchester City owner ANGELSKYWALKER3. The subject of the controversy… TRAPE. A classic trade rape that sent shockwaves throughout the LGFA, and sent l Money l straight to the bottle. ll Carlinho ll and Top Schnek, two good players in their own right worth a combined 1 million, for Unlucky Evo, the highest contract in the league. Straight up, no cash. It snuck by the sleeping bogs with no red flags or confused looks. Every player in the league knew that the trade was one sided except for Soccer himself, who went on to say that Carlinho and Top’s chemistry was equal to Evo’s talent. Drama ensued. Accusations of hacked accounts along with some whining and complaining, and the trade was rightly reversed.

Now this begs the question, is it time for LGFA to install a trade committee? It is was brought up last season and ignored, and now in the wake of this deal, it needs to be brought up again. If a majority of ownership can stop trapes in a fantasy league, than we as a league should be able to do the same. Just because one owner doesn’t fully understand the value of players, doesn’t mean that we should let him make a trade with Bill Cosby. Unfortunately, there is still no set of checks and balances for the trading process. Until the system is forced to a change, trape away.

Power Rankings and Predictions:

[​IMG]Top Four

Hull City:

The returning champions are looking just as strong as last season, and our led once again by owner, Soccer SM Trape. Returning eight starters from last season including reigning Beckenbauer winner Unlucky Duke anchoring the defense. Gone however, is Golden Boot/Ballon D’or winner l Murked l. With Murked now in Liverpool, Hull turns to Thibeault x to keep the offense firing throughput Season 10. Luckily for Thibeault, he is surrounded by the most talented midfield in LGFA. Bum Elmo, l iSilver l, Poptart l 20 l, etc…etc…etc. We knew Hull City would be good again, and it seems they are poised to defend their title this season.

Everton:

The management team of Fatal Enjoyment, Risxn, and Bauer l 43 l have assembled a highly talented team at a bargain price in Everton. The scary thing is that they still have money to continue to improve their roster in Blind Bidding. With Bauer and Risxn leading from the back, Everton has the talent to lead the league in clean sheets. Elusive Rav and Fatal should have no problem scoring goals, and their title chances will lie with the production of their midfield. If this team can keep all of their personalities in check, then they are going to be contender all season.

Watford FC:

My personal, and completely unbiased prediction to win the title this year. The holiest striking duo of TheePastorDave and TKShooter22 pray to improve upon their combined 26 goals last season, and are now joined by rF Owen and rF Peanut. Chemistry seems to be the hope of the Hornets as they bring back the majority of their season 9 squad. Beckenbauer finalist Shenanigan10 leads the back three, in front of one of the best goalies in the league z Uh Oh. It will be interesting to see if this team has the consistency to make a real title run this season.

Southampton FC:

banana News FC are your Season 10 Preseason Cup winners. An undefeated preseason catapulted the Saints into my top four predictions over an equally talented Newcastle team. Nubsy returns multiple starters including Golden Gloves winner XGN MapleSyrup, TOTS JaysWayss, and xF Mamba. Add Kx Mars to the mix, and you are dealing with one of the more complete teams in the league. KCNightshade received a little defensive help with the team picking up YBGVickers through Blind Bidding. A proven management, and a talented roster could be the recipe for a title winning season for the Saints.

Middle of the Table

Newcastle:

Newcastle returns 6 players, and a new member to the management team in GK zMayhemIV. Not among the returning players however is Season 9 playmaker award winner l Money l. The striker pair of eLeX Lazer and lLainez are back, and looking to top their 25 combined goals last season. ORod80 will look to command the midfield, while owner Jabo l 9 l will have to work extra hard this season to match the production of his former midfielder. Austin McA is joined on the back line by the 11 million dollar center back Beckenbauer l6l. They look to lower their goals conceded, which ended up costing them the league last season. This team has the talent to push into the top four, but I’m not sure they have the depth to sustain a top four finish.

Sunderland:

Bitetto02 and the boys are back again. He is joined up top once again this season by Collier l 11 l, and the surprise of Blind Bidding, 10 million NinoRT9. Their distribution should be consistently fluid with MERICAN INFIDEL, Cam9537, and the ban hammer himself Brisan66. Solid defensive midfielders will sit in front of the big money defender Leiva l 21 l, as he looks to form a strong partnership with GM, and LGFA veteran l FR13 l. Sunderland looks balanced from top to bottom, and will be competing with Newcastle to crack the top four.

Liverpool:

17 Goals. 12 Assists. Golden Boot. Ballon D’or. l Murked l absolutely dazzled for Hull City last season. This season he finds himself in a new home, as he departs the league champions and lands with Bu11dog91 and Liverpool. With rumors that it was the team, and not the player that led to his godly numbers last season, l Murked l starts season 10 with a lot to prove as the Reds ask him to carry the offense. Blind Bidding pick ups have the squad looking a little stronger as they look to Skillaache to Smalling l 12 l to fill the voids left after bidding. Dunks, ARBRN Infantry, and VanB Matthias will have to be a wall, as goalkeeping seems to be a need. Especially after an 8-2 drubbing in preseason.

Manchester City:

The victims of the early season trape, look to their three big players to carry them this season. They will be led by LGFA legend, Unlucky Evo. He looks to connect early and often with the reigning Playmaker award winner l Money l. If these two find themselves on the same page, watch out for a lot of goals coming out of Manchester. Defense seems to be the huge question for them going into the start of the season. Bionic Guns is going to have to be an anchor if that defense is to have any chance. Luckily, behind the questionable defense is a talented goalkeeper, Elusive Khalifa. This team has big name talent, but it also has big question marks. It will be interesting to watch happens with this team if they run into a rough stretch of games.

Bottom Four

Arsenal:

Panda SwAGGGGG is going to have to hit the back of the net a lot this year if this Arsenal squad is going to compete. This team doesn’t boast a ton of big names, but it does have a roster of good, versatile players. xF Trae is their best defender, and will partner nicely with Owner CreepyKlepto, as they will likely have to protect GM Psycho7Clutch a lot throughout the season. A recent trade brought in Ozzy M4L and Scott Swag City to help strengthen their roster before the season kicks off. Arsenal has defenders who can play striker. Goalies that can play forward. Versatility could be their blessing, but all of that switching and rotating could also be their curse.

Manchester United:

It blows my mind that I am placing a team anchored by Itz Hotpants and l Vendi l in the bottom four. Those two along with no7slickster will be a tough defense to crack. That is about where the threat ends for United. Question marks abound in the midfield as someone is going to have to step up and be the playmaker of this United midfield. TIMBORULES has the ownership weight off of his shoulders, and looks to focus his efforts to better his 9 goal 4 assist season 9, and lead an offense that looks like it may have a difficult time putting the biscuit in the old onion bag.

Tottenham:

A winless preseason was not the start that JLANE91 had hoped for. Spurs scored a lonely goal against Watford for their only mark in four games. Proven forward N0T Niice is going to have a whole offense on his back until other members of the offense are ready to contribute. ODJM Jr x l 3 l and l Karlos l must shut the gate for this team to consistently compete this season. A bright spot is that the team still has an abundance of cash to splash on Blind Bidding which could bolster their roster before it is too late.

Chelsea:

Defense. Chelsea spent 21.5 million on three defenders. Mort Ragnarsson, MisterRAWness, and GolSki40 are going to be the backbone of this team. They have no choice but to hold every team to under one goal if they are going to have a successful season. With a combined management record of 16-4-47, Chelsea could be feeling the Blues this season. They did manage to pull out two wins in preseason, so maybe this is the year that oYOUNG BLOODo leads his team to a turnaround.

Awards:

[​IMG]

Golden Boot:

eLeX Lazer: Looking to follow up his 15 goal season, Lazer will have to lead the Newcastle offense with even more goals this season. Goals that he will have to work a little bit harder for, now that Season 9 playmaker l Money l is currently playmaking for Man City. After netting 6 goals in the preseason campaign, he shows no sign of slowing down this year. Newcastle is going to need to score a lot of goals, and for this reason I think Lazer takes home the boot.

Playmaker:

Soccer SM 10: Hull City find themselves without the reigning Ballon D’or/Golden Boot winner l Murked l, but that doesn’t mean that they are still without top striking talent. Replacing Murked with Thibeault x means one thing, there are going to be a lot of crosses being whipped in by the Tigers. There is no doubt that a good amount of those balls in will be coming from the owner himself. Hull has the talent to score from almost every position, and I think Soccer is going to find himself in the middle of it all. If he isn’t too busy traping that is…

Beckenbauer:

Unlucky Duke: We are only through preseason, but in my opinion I feel like the Beckenbauer finalists can already be penciled in. The reigning back to back winner, Unlucky Duke. The lesser known, but just as talented Shenanigan10. The outspoken GM of Everton, Risxn. Looking at the rosters, these are the three center backs from the three best defenses in LGFA. They all had 10 Clean Sheets a piece last season, as they played for the two best defenses of Season 9. My heart is telling me that this is the breakout season for Shenanigan10, but mind is telling me that we are going to see a 3peat this year from the legend himself, Unlucky Duke.

Golden Gloves:

z Uh Oh: XGN MapleSyrup took most improved goalie, and the golden gloves that came with it in Season 9. He looks to continue to take strides forward and defend his award this season. This year there is another keeper with a lot of history back in the midst. Bauer l 43 l is returning this season, and is prepared to backstop a stout Everton defense. However, last year’s starting TOTS goalie and clean sheet leader, z Uh Oh is back with the same Watford defense. Hell hath no fury like a keeper pissed off that he got beat out for an award by Goals. For that reason, zUh Oh takes the gloves.

Owner of the Year:

#JettForOwnerOfTheYear: Owner of the year seems to be a toss up this season. It could be the owner of a top four team winning a title or a cup. It could be a middle of the table owner who propels his team into title contention. Or it could be a bottom team that overachieves, and surprises the whole league.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. RAWness l13l

RAWness l13l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -4
    Chelsea, Top Four. If management fields the right players in the right position. You heard it here first. Gg.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. I Murked I

I Murked I Most Average Bog

Discord:
    murked#0
    Ratings:
    +60 / 5 / -27
    Jett, if you're going to do this, please research before you put things out.

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    IMurkedYouLol
  4. nubsy004

nubsy004 LGFA Commissioner

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Research is for nerds. Good stuff Jett. Not sure about that owner of the year pick tho :thinking:

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    nubsy004
  5. zMayhemIV

zMayhemIV Sleeper Pick

Ratings:
    +84 / 4 / -11
    Good work man, solid reasoning. Sad that I don't get a shout for Golden Gloves :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    zMayhemIV
  6. NinoRT9

NinoRT9 LGFA Legend

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -3
    No enough 10M nino in this article. Ungood

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    Liverpool undefeated we have boy toy wonder murked propulsing us to never seen skies , tell them murked

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    tino45
  8. x Maple EH

x Maple EH What Are Ya At There Buddy?

Ratings:
    +77 / 34 / -90
    Good read Jet bud, but I'm ready to defend the title ;)

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. TIMBORULES

TIMBORULES Are you about that Fifa life?

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -10
    9 goals 9 assists sir lol

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account