LGBA Season 7 timeline

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by bingo king, Sep 3, 2015.

1. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Just getting you guys a heads up because we aren't gonna do sign ups right away. We're gonna wait til closer to release so we dont get people signing up who either A)don't even get the game and B)get people who sign up but disappear when season rolls around.

NBA 2k16 Release Date : September 29th, 2015(Sept 25th if you preorder)

Owners Application : September 26th, 2015

Sign-Ups open : October 1st, 2015

Scouting Games : October 1st until bidding begins

Bidding : October 16-23, 2016

Season Begins : Monday October 26th, 2016

You might be wondering why a slight delay in season. Anyone who knows 2k knows they usually have some issues at launch with their game and online modes. I want to give them a few weeks to fix any possible issues before we start the season. This also gives us a chance to help fill the league with players.

Any questions or comments, please post below and Management will respond asap.

Thank You all for everything you do for us.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    BingoKing91
  2. dantheman896

dantheman896 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 4 / -5
    This also helps us figure out what "tactics" will be exploited and try to minimize it ASAP.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. ele905

ele905 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ele7773#0
    Ratings:
    +717 / 14 / -22
    Is it going to be a rec league this year?

4. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    It's really gonna depend on how pro-am works. I don't have faith that it'll be crews vs crews. and we have good participation with what we been using and don't see the harm in keeping it that way.I know guys want a rec league(myself included) but it's all based on if it gives us the stats and capabilities we need for it to be a LG league. If we aint doing stats we can run a side league or something after the 1st season but I'd like to keep what has worked.

Even with guys really wanting rec league we got 100 signups for team up league and this makes it open for ALL members/gamers because you don't need to have a myplayer to play in our league. However if we can get enough interest being shown we can look at it for replacing team up. I'm not against it AT ALL, I just know that it takes time for some guys to get a player worth a damn and i dont want to exclude someone just cuz they don't have that time.

BingoKing91
  5. ele905

ele905 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ele7773#0
    Ratings:
    +717 / 14 / -22
    Alright well I hope you can make it work. As someone who played 2 seasons of ABL I feel like we're missing out on a huge crowd. Those leagues had 30 teams and still had people on waiting lists. If we em want to branch away from being a basketball league full of LG hockey players we should really try to capitalize on the club system asap if it has stats. (Which I'm almost certain it will) (hell we did it in Abl
    without stAts..it's do- able)

Like I said to @Tris10 a while back id be willing to help as a staff member in transitioning this into a rec league. I know I came off cocky last year but I really know a large large group of nba diehards who I could get over here if you guys were open to making this league grow to its full potential.

The myteam league is/was cool and all but it's honestly such an out dated game mode and you can see that by the direction 2k is taking with the rec (vc makes them money)

We have a chance to grow this into a 30 team league if there's a will to do it so just let me know if you guys want the help

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  6. Hawkeyenation9

Hawkeyenation9 LGBA League Official

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3

Personally, I want the Pro AM type league. I've seen what ABL has done with myplayers. However it needs to fit all our needs for us to be able to use it.
    The fact of the matter is that we won't know till the game comes out, so making a decision right now would be unwise.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    I know it's wanted by a lot of people including some of the Commissioners(myself included). There's no transition other than "we're doing a myplayer league in event we decide to go that route. We did plan on looking into it for the upcoming season but i was kinda slow playing it because I dont want to do anything without the game in hand or at least some definites.

Everything I see shows Pro-Am/myplayer vs is only random matches(because those are ranked games and you won't be playing a ranked game against someone you chose) or the stupid rec league(for you and your team to "practice" without it being ranked). To me the huge draw of LG is the stats and to get them last year was a pain in the butt.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    BingoKing91
  8. ele905

ele905 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ele7773#0
    Ratings:
    +717 / 14 / -22
    Yea I hope they give us a 'search option' for sue.

As for stats- it might be a pain in the butt but with a bit of effort it's do-able.

6 seasons of ABL I think people from competitive my player leagues got used to the fact they were responsible to get screenshots of their own stats. I think we could do that too.

And as far as not having to transition into the league- if there's park affiliations we would have to come up with a way to submit teams because bidding/drafting simply wouldn't work.

Like I said I've played in these leagues and know quite a few guys to bring over so if you want some help let me know and I can help you guys understand how they were able to run so successfully.

Their league runs on Facebook, we could steal their entire population if we had it ready to go here

• Like Like x 3
  9. Kermit-_-Wilts

Kermit-_-Wilts Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MpLs Anderson#5166
    Ratings:
    +628 / 11 / -21
    I started to talk to [MENTION=1119]bingo king[/MENTION] about this last season [MENTION=10234]ele905[/MENTION] because you and I have the same ideas an thoughts on a rec league. I'll be honest I don't like team up I feel no matter what you do as far as team selections there will be teams that going to have an advantage above the rest that is hard to beat. The thing about a rec league is no matter what you will get more people to sign up or be interested and guaranteed you will have more than 6 teams like this last season. The last season we had here was 5 weeks long and playing the same 5 teams over and over was EXTREMELY boring. If it's possible to do crew challenges or something along those lines I think it's something this league should do without question. Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
    MpLsAnDeRsOn
  10. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Cute you guys thanking each others posts :p haha just playing

Honestly though. I threw a poll up and put it up. We need to see guys showing they're interested and WANT this league more than 2 guys who are always pushing for it.

I am and all the commissioners would be up for changing the league for the better.

• Like Like x 1
    BingoKing91
  11. Kermit-_-Wilts

Discord:
    MpLs Anderson#5166
    Ratings:
    +628 / 11 / -21

I know people like yourself are for it, but we need to know if there is a way to challenge or set up games other than changing language and stuff like that. LG leagues all have set schedules and times and if we can't do that in the new game I don't know if the upper management of LG would like the idea as much.

• Like Like x 4
    MpLsAnDeRsOn
  12. BaNDz x TuRnUp

BaNDz x TuRnUp Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No Streaming Account
  13. AkaBalla2k

AkaBalla2k Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -7
    Pre order the MJ editon of NBA 2k16 and get a head start with 35 k VC.. :)

I'm obviously down for a myplayer league, just with no 7'2" PG's..

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    I've seen in other leagues they do height caps. We'd be doing something like that. If they don't like it than they can make an alternate if they wanna be in our SIM league.

BingoKing91
  15. ele905

ele905 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ele7773#0
    Ratings:
    +717 / 14 / -22
    A couple things

There's already a cap on height per position so we won't need a rule for that (unless 2k fucks up and didn't patch Demi-God glitch)

From what I hear there will still be park affiliations however for the 'pro-am' your affiliation won't matter (so we'd have to use pro-am)

Schedules- In a perfect world we could continue with scheduled games however until established it would be smart to designate a team approx 9 games to be played between sun-Friday between 5pm and 11pm. Have managers make their own schedule until people are dedicated.

Draft- I say for season 1 we just skip the draft/bidding process and just allow people to enter their own team.

The end goal is to have this league functioning similar to the other league but we can't get ahead of ourselves. The most important factor is the population and if we make it as easy as ' sign up, submit your roster' we will have tons of people by season 2.

All I will say is if we expect hundreds of people to sign up we have to allow people to play with their friends for th first season before we even consider a draft or bidding

16. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27

Yea the caps are huge players.

Schedule I want set schedule not a play at your availability cuz I'm not gonna hear fighting that one guy wouldn't work with another guts schedule. It's an avoidable headache, we're avoiding it.

We let guys bring their own teams in... It than cost us an entire team and gained nothing for season 2. It's not a a deal breaker.

• Like Like x 1
    BingoKing91
  17. mcgasko

mcgasko Goat

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -6
    I rather just stick the regular teams who wants to play a team full of 99s and the other team got like one 99

No Streaming Account
  18. Kermit-_-Wilts

Discord:
    MpLs Anderson#5166
    Ratings:
    +628 / 11 / -21

Its about getting people in this league thats the most important thing, have 60-80 signups is fucking awful and makes for the most boring season possible when you constantly play the same team(s) over and over again.

• Like Like x 1
    MpLsAnDeRsOn
  19. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    OK well I'm not seeing numbers yet for a myplayer league want either. Right now it's just "I can get x amount of guys" well get them in here and voting for a myplayer league.

I've heard more complaints AGAINST myplayer than I have FOR myplayer

BingoKing91
  20. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    I'm not against myplayer league cuz I want one.

BingoKing91