LGAHL West Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by eZDangles, Mar 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. eZDangles

eZDangles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 7 / -16
    I won't claim to have an opinion on the East, but after being slapped with an insulting Gulls 4-2 win prediction over the Wolves... @Polska_B0SS_780 I can't help but chirp in!

That said, both Bruins and the Crunch have very strong teams. I decided to dig into some commentary and tag some noteworthy mentions here so open the floodgates on feedback, but this is how I see week 1 playing out in the West:

Western Playoffs

(1) Chicago Wolves (54-24-4) VS (8) San Diego Gulls (45-34-2)

DECISION: 4 - 0 Wolves

SEASON MATCHUP: Gulls 2-0

- Don’t let the season trade off fool you... the Wolves have arguably the best defence in the league starting with @Smooovey and @sheer_Iuck who have held it down all year. Add to that the recent trade acquisition of @qc_halak_qc in net, they will be very hard to score on. When firing on all cylinders their 3-line depth at fwd is tough to match in @slamoureux1984 @thewarmth00 and @gohawks48 @Boomer879 with new sleeper additions @iplaytoowin_ and @LaPlante94 adding depth up front as well. @VibezDigital has done a hell of a job trade raping this season and got some serious steals at discount. The Wolves held top spot in the West for most of the season which is no easy task, and if their lines show up, they are one of the toughest to beat…

- The Gulls posted 45 wins and are a strong 8th seed with 92 points. At first glance their roster looks like a mixed bag of close to .500 record players, but no doubt they have lots of talent with stars like @l Guimond l58l streaking at the right time. @EV0xGSR327 leads the team in points but they need to find offense from their other lines if they plan to take this series. That said, they beat out some good teams in the last week including the Condors, so the question will be whether or not their defense led by @heinekinz and goaltending in @Daedricguy can stand their ground.

(2) Stockton Heat (50-27-3) VS (7) San Jose Barracuda (44-33-5)

DECISION: 4 - 1 Heat

SEASON MATCHUP: Heat 5-3

- A dumb man once said "the Heat only have one line." In fact a number of dumb people have said that. But let the record speak for itself, there is more to the team than arguably the best fwd line in the league @Theos_152 @Crazymarchese @TheRealBbenzZ . It is a crime none of these guys made it to the all-star game, but this is the opportunity for these guys to prove to any doubters that they can play just as well against the best teams. Two lines look ready to compete with the help of @xJAYPEEZEEx and @XxGenoSnipeXx , but Stockton's 3rd line will have to produce if they want to carry on. @PhNatic has looked strong on D, and they are riding a hot glove in @nochance85 . With @alonzi401 at G too they won't be easy to score on.

- San Jose made a statement in the last week of the season beating the Heat's top line 5-2. Their roster boasts a number of players with less than 10 games played so it's hard to say if they've found the chemistry they're happy with yet. @TheBoozeSieve leads the team in pts but guys like @TalentCheckl94l and @the_amazingpepe are riding hot at the right time. If @GonzoArmstrong 's defense can speak as loudly as his commentary in the shoutbox (to his credit - solid so far), than this will be a closer matchup than I think. It will be up to Barracuda's defense and @PerkinsPancakeHouse in G to plug the Heat's offensive force and that's no easy task.

(3) Rockford IceHogs (51-26-5) VS (6) San Antonio Rampage (45-27-9)

DECISION: 4-3 IceHogs

SEASON MATCHUP: Split 1-1

- The IceHogs roll into playoffs with the best streak in the West (14 wins in last 15) but they haven't been tested by a top table team since they lost to the Checkers last week. Led by the league’s #1 goal scorer @Ethos Jinx who has potted an impressive 79 goals in 27 games alongside new linesmates @nowelbaby and @JCoul-l41l , they will look to put a dent in one of the best goalies in the West in @Mooner2014 . With 3 more players above 70 points @CelpHxTitleD506 @Famous_T_Nasty and @MikexMassacre they will have no problem putting the puck in the net. the question will be can @asleeptech and @Kyle-_-1ad7 keep the puck out. These guys are no slouches in goal, but the IceHogs will have to find consistency across all 3 lines on D if they want to hold off the Rampage. @llamapen and @p0itraz2z have been perfect on D so far, but their big test is about to come.

- @Brodtshadow13 has put together a deep squad that will be a force to be reckoned with. @Timyz7 and @Jg3542jg both post impressive +41 +/- numbers and they will need to continue that strong two-way play to keep the IceHogs contained. San Antonio has a number of players that can put up points @jelevesq @BigDaddy_32g @Nightwing_MCMXCV , etc. but the record is what matters. @Mooner2014 has the ability to steal 1-2 games this series, so no doubt it will be a close matchup - but the Rampage need their 2nd and 3rd line D to match their offensive talent if they’re going to survive this series. Speaking of… @Dermbo $4.75M contract... what happened here? Just kidding buddy!! ;) IceHogs in 7.

(4) Charlotte Checkers (51-26-5) VS (5) Bakersfield Condors (48-25-7)

DECISION: 4-3 Condors

SEASON MATCHUP: Condors 2-0

*SERIES PICK OF THE WEEK*

- I would have considered the Checkers our biggest rival for the Wolves as we fought them for 1st in the West most of the season until the end. Hats off to them our games were always tight. These two teams are extremely evenly matched both offensively, defensively, and goaltending wise. Each sides #1 lineups are up at the top of the league skill wise and I expect this to go the distance. Condors took the season matchups but both games were decided by only 1 goal. From my experience the Checkers top line plays the best team defense of any and put a wall up on the blue line spread across the likes of @Gmac1041 @Kendrick Brissette and @robbeyy . Bakersfield will have their hands full trying to handle @OhCanada27 @H3ad--v--Sh0t and @MN_Broodwich_MN as a pretty deadly trio up front. @j_carlos_44 has been great between the pipes all year and calling up @ric-sha1993 early in the season has added some good depth in net. They will need to draw on that against a well spread Condors squad.

- I’ve had the chance to club with most of the Condors top guys and thus far I’ve been relieved not to be on the other side of the dressing room. When @Recki isn’t distracted with playing Pokemon, he is a real threat alongside @Uberpwned_6969 who both move the puck very well. @Electronic_J has put together a very impressive squad (for his old age!), but they will enter Round 1 with a tough challenge. Hopefully @cjdtheprofessor will be available on the back-end to help J and @RyNoE55 defend, or the Condor's other guys will really need to step up. Neither goalie has seemingly stolen the #1 job here yet, and if I had to pick a dent in the armor this would be it. Expect a few of these to go to OT with Condors in 7 by a sliver.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    eZDangles
  2. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Lol it wasn't an insult , I am not playing but obviously I'm gonna root my guys on , fair ?

• Like Like x 2
    TrooperPetterson
  3. eZDangles

eZDangles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 7 / -16
    haha i am overexaggerating @Polska_B0SS_780 , just wanted to make an interesting commentary on the matchups. no problem

• Like Like x 1
    eZDangles
  4. Churriss-

Churriss- #8656

Discord:
    ohcanada27#0
    Ratings:
    +97 / 8 / -6
    Very interesting Dangles, good job! Super stocked for the playoffs! Even if you guys are our biggest rivals, I want to wish you guys good luck on the post season and all the other teams! May the best team win

No Streaming Account
  5. double7brad_

double7brad_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 37 / -55
    Gonna be a tough conference. 8th has 45 wins if that doesn't say enough

No Streaming Account
  6. droxx22

droxx22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 1 / -4
    Nice write up!!! Very well done.

droxx222
  7. S0ME ROCK

S0ME ROCK The "Great Wall of Finland"

Ratings:
    +567 / 97 / -238
    I found an error, it says 4-0 Wolves, Is that how many goals they will score the whole series, and 0 wins, because the gulls are here to win.

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. xPolskaaa--92

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524

Lol no problem , if I was acutally playing in the series I wouldn't even make a prediction but I will sure be watching in the press box lol . Good luck to everyone enjoy it remember keep building those resumes . It's time to shine !! Nice write up though

TrooperPetterson
  9. S0ME ROCK

S0ME ROCK The "Great Wall of Finland"

Ratings:
    +567 / 97 / -238
    That is the 2nd time someone from the wolves did a write up. Lol

No Streaming Account
  10. xPolskaaa--92

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524

It's good they have confidence should make the series very interesting this won't be a 4-0 sweep though

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  11. Dermbo

Dermbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    Thanks Dangles, I feel like Phaneuf :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account