Issue No. 4 — LGFA Extra Time: Breaking the Vanilla Ice

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by nubsy004, Jun 2, 2016.

?

What is your favorite section in Extra Time

1. Top Feature Story

2. Banana News Desk

3. Nervous or Not

4. Power Rankings

5. Starting XI

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CreepyKlepto

CreepyKlepto LGFA Arsenal Owner

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -6
    One of the ''perks'' of playing D is earning Clean Sheets. I have a lb & rb who both want to play CDM because they'll still get their clean sheets. Its hard to get good defenders who WANT to play Defense, Clean Sheets are recognition for good defenders & GKs. I play CDM and understand why often times DMs deserve the clean sheet just as much. I could also make an arguement for my LM/RM deserving clean sheets, or my striker who clears a corner. It may be something to discuss changing in future seasons of LGFA.

cr33pykl3pto
  2. NinoRT9

NinoRT9 LGFA Legend

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -3
    You all suck anyway

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. CreepyKlepto

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -6
    Says the guy who played left bench all pre-season

cr33pykl3pto
  4. CreepyKlepto

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -6
    J/k Nino....thanks for letting me play new guys

cr33pykl3pto
  5. DoopArmyZolo

DoopArmyZolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -1
    Video Gamers complain so much.WHO CARES! If you need team of the week or not to validate your life in a video game league then some personal questions need asked.

I am not an owner/GM/AGM, BOG, admin so putting in stats is not my forte. However I do believe passing, tackles and interceptions can or should be added. If you sign up to be an owner, GM, AGM, what is an extra 5 minutes putting in more stats to make the league better.

Overall, stop whining about how it is. Either add a USEFUL suggest or shut the hell up. Christ.

• Like Like x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. EricE30

EricE30 -------

Ratings:
    +1,550 / 24 / -63
    I MADE THE FRONT PAGE!!!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Montano l 80 l

Montano l 80 l EL DIABLITO

Ratings:
    +77 / 2 / -14
    @Briasn66 I know its tough it was just a sugeestion thank you for taking your time and responding stats are good just wanted a few but if not its ok nubsy does a great job at media the only owner complaing is mack

Everyone else is chill about it

Btw Mack Hockey and soccer is different sports different in a lot of ways

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. PsychSmokeBBQ

PsychSmokeBBQ Welcome to Slide Tackle City

Ratings:
    +200 / 13 / -8
    When the discussion goes on two weeks in a row and you're still debating it with owners in week 2, let me know your valid point?

Perhaps this could've been decided before the actual season started? I really don't care either way and I play the position. I don't need stats for an online FIFA league. I just enjoy watching stupidity repeat itself.

This worry about stats in a video game is for fat kids who played no sports growing up. Drop all the stats in general and maybe it'll be easier. Who gives a shit how many goals a striker scores....it's a striker, and scoring goals is what they're supposed to do, no?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    Psychsmokebbq
  9. Killersquirelz

Killersquirelz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 3 / -4
    1. There should be more stats. Interceptions, Tackles, Blocks. Keypasses too, but if it's really that hard, include those first three. Right now as a defender I'm doomed for any recognition unless I get a certain amount of cleansheets. Cleansheets are fine and I encourage them heavily, but if I have a player that got 4 blocks...that should be highlighted in some sort of stat instead of just putting flat 0's because he didn't shoot (If you're an Outside back on my team shooting shots on goals you're likely benched anyway)

2. Until 1 happens, keep CDM's having cleansheets. While they're more likely to get assists or shots for at least some stat, no interceptions or tackles means they're also being screwed for stats. You might as well throw them SOME bone since we've taken away a lot of the others.

3. Seriously, add more stats required. The only argument I've seen as to why not so far has been "Managers might not put them in." Everywhere I see how this wants to be a serious league with high expectations. In the constitution it specifically states that staff believe this is the best league out there. If that's the case, hold your managers and owners to higher standards. There's three on the team, one of them can be designated stat person.

Considering the way LGFA is set up to give people virtual careers and pro cards that record how many goals/assist/cleansheets/wins/losses they've had over every season they've played in LGFA, stats matter. With bidding being the way people fill teams in the beginning versus ACL where you just sign up to a team, people look at those career stats much more frequently to make their choice. If I saw a striker that played 20 games and scored 1 goal, I'd not consider him with the assumption that his skill is low, not the assumption that his manager was too lazy to enter stats.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. nubsy004

nubsy004 LGFA Commissioner

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Congratulations everyone, this whole thread has turned into a banana news story. @lMacK EHl Thanks for your input. If you have a problem with the Starting XI, go do your own. I won't stop you or be offended. We use the tools and stats we have. And frankly, my dear, I could not care less what you think. Until you start putting your own time and effort into media, your criticism (which does make you sound like an asshole because we analyze stats the best we can) has no weight. If you would rather I not do any media at all, let me know. I'll have the appropriate response ready for ya.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    nubsy004
  11. EricE30

EricE30 -------

Ratings:
    +1,550 / 24 / -63
    Can I be on the front page image rest of the way? and for the record I made that save.

No Streaming Account
  12. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    1) I am an asshole thank you for noticing

2) you guys are so fucking butt hurt over criticism. I can only imagine how you handle in real life when you don't get coddled after you do wrong. you could have excluded the stat from the image and nobody would care because it's a subjective list.

13. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    It's not that we are butthurt over criticism, it's that all you do is criticize. Your opinion, very literally, means absolutely nothing to me. It's when you suggest we aren't putting effort into analyzing stats, etc. that I get peeved. You seem to have no appreciation for the things media folks do. Instead, you just sit there with your neck beard all leaned back in your computer chair crying about stats and what YOU think we should say/do.....but you don't contribute. And you don't know a damn thing about me in real life, so GG.

**Mack Eh after Extra Time comes out**
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    nubsy004
  14. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    lmfao are you that mad brah? fuck i couldnt imagine being your boss. dont worry it wont be a problem for much longer :)

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Nice red herring. Have no comeback so you change the subject to me being mad. Newsflash....the only one who looks like an idiot in this convo is you. And don't worry, if we worked together, I would be your boss. But I don't hire people who whine about menial, insignificant shit, so I guess you'd be out of a job. I don't really give two shits whether clean sheets count for CDMs or not. You just have to find something to complain about. You're entitled to your opinion. All I'm saying is unless you are willing to put in the time and effort to do media, don't talk shit about the people who are.

• Like Like x 1
    nubsy004
  16. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    lmfao change the subject because i have no comeback.. i graduated highschool a while back sorry... ive never seen someone rage this hard in all of my life on e-sports. it could possibly be top 10 in the lghl rage thread. all your missing is for where you tell me my mom is a whore or you want to kill my family but im sure its coming soon.

17. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    You should go back to high school for some reading comprehension lessons, because you've clearly missed the point of my comments.

nubsy004
  18. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    nah i see what youre trying to say i just like to highlight the part where you get really mad about criticism. if i was doing a newspaper and received criticism id take it alot differently than; i cant be wrong because youre not doing anything. do u want me to do the starting 11 i have 0 problem doing it plus i already offered that in the chat box but fuck me right?

19. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Never said we weren't wrong. I literally just said I don't care whether CS count for CDMs or not. My issue is you make it seem like we aren't trying to "analyze stats" or putting effort into the product. My apologies for not reading the chatbox 24/7. Must have missed your offer. The newspaper is full up already, but you are more than welcome to do your own TOTW and put it in the forums. GL knowing which CDM to pick when they all have no stats.

nubsy004
  20. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    read your fucking criticism once and a while and maybe i already told you what i was gonna do :) but i mean ill just keep letting you look silly since you dont want help.