"How To" Improve (PSN) LGCHL - Please Share Your Opinions & Suggestions (Constructively)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by John_SheIdon, Mar 23, 2017.

1. XxFiftyinFiftyxX

XxFiftyinFiftyxX New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -0
    Expansion could be useful for whoever is playing in the CHL next season, but you guys need to make sure you get some quality owners. I understand some of the TC's are complaining about not getting playing time but my understanding is that if you are good enough your owner will eventually be forced to play you. I decided I wanted to play without going to scouting camps or anything (about a week before the season began and bidding was done), and I am the 4th leading scorer in the league. Owners are desperate for good players, so if you can add anything to a team then you will be picked up.

The CHL just feels second rate though sometimes to the rest of the LG leagues. For example, why don't we have a media department for the league? Considering all the new players MUST go through the CHL before moving up shouldn't we have people running radio shows, or at least having write ups on the top prospects, and playoff predictions? That would go a long way in making the league feel more fun and realistic.

Another good idea would be to run a WJC at the end of the season. It would give the NHL owners something to watch as the top prospects would all be going at it.

This is my first season on LG but the draft should be a big show and whatnot just like the NHL. There should be draft lists, interviews, etc. I get that this is just a video game but for the couple hours worth of games I play a week for this league I believe the same effort could be put forth in making the transition from the CHL to the NHL or AHL as fun as possible.

I would be wiling to give you guys some ideas on the draft show and offseason show if you need any. There are plenty of people here that have so many great ideas and it is pretty cool to see you reach out. But like I said, the #1 issue I see is there is really no connection between the NHL owners and CHL players which makes no sense. It makes the NHL draft seem as if it will come down to who knows who and gives it a bad reputation.

No Streaming Account
  2. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz Active Member Platinum

Ratings:
    +126 / 6 / -12
    They do have a media department, but they are MIA. They also do a draft show during the draft and trust me come the draft half the players will have not played in the CHL since there is no requirement for them. You will see a lot of Xbox and people who are a part of top clubs join right around draft time.

IMO the NHL draft should have a min amount of games played inorder to qualify to be drafted. There are too many people who make new accounts (2nd tags) and get drafted so they are on cheap contracts. If the league wants to reduce the amount of 2nd tags they need to make it harder for people to get to the NHL/AHL. IE play out a season in the CHL.

Biggest problem is the lack of Owners who are willing to put in the time to make their team competitve. If I go back and look at the profiles of some of the top players they were traded from a team before the Owners even had a chance to see them play. Like I said in the other thread being an Owner is a privledge and should be treated as one. Too many people see it as an opportunity to play with their friends. EA has Club for that and IMO there is no room for that in a league that is striving to be a part of E-sports.

IMO Owners should only be players who have had mangement experience. We have had multiple new owners who have been removed because of their lack of professionalism or lack of overall commitment and it looks bad on the league as a whole. Mangers and AGM on the other hand can be first year players but should have to be vetted in someway to make sure we have the proper people taking those spots.

I think it would be best for the league if there was a mini TC league. Ideally it would be 3-4 games a week and only TC's can play. The games would be on the main page but like the "games of the day" would be highlighted in a different colour so you would know which games are TC games and which games are regular season games.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    Windmillsfordayz
  3. XxFiftyinFiftyxX

XxFiftyinFiftyxX New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -0

Ugh, I wish I still had the time to head a media department, because it really isn't too difficult to do. There are so many people who would run a show.

You don't have to play in the CHL before you enter the draft? That is absolutely absurd. That is something that should be changed... like today. That is ridiculous. Whoever makes up a second account to play in a virtual league is a complete loser who obviously has nothing going for them in real life lol... I feel bad for them.

It should be mandatory to play in the CHL before you are eligible for the NHL draft.

No Streaming Account
  4. SgtVandoos

SgtVandoos New Member Platinum Gold

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -1
    I think that in all fairness for everyone, TCs should be out. That way you are not ending with a team that doesn't want him.

Also, being a free agent gives a chance to any team to pick up a few good men.

In general, we all have someone that knows a TC who has not been bid on but is a good player, and the trade process begins and it might not turn out in the tc's favour.

If all the tcs are kept in free agency, their odds of being somewhere they want is better.

If the league organizes a few tournaments during the season, tcs that want to play can do so, and maybe if the games are streamed, a GM or owner might see someone he may want.

Just an idea thrown out there. I would even volunteer myself to organize tourneys

sgtvandoos
  5. WHOstifher

WHOstifher New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree there should def be tournaments throughout the year that managers can send a team of TC players .
    Also, seems like there are a lot of TC players that some teams could even field 2-3 teams . Why not have scrimmages for TC players vs oth r TC players the same night the roster players play . For example , if Team A vs Team B @830 have their Tc players scrimmage the same time . This would let Tc players get the feel of a how everything works. They could even send picture to their managers so they can see how players are doing

No Streaming Account
  6. Agesquod

Agesquod Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -7
    It be nice to have more staff in the league, since PSN league is booming, and have them assigned torespective leagues for PSN and XBOX, and by that, I mean staff that play PSN work for the PSN league and vice versa. Atleast the staff would have a better feel of what is going on, and would actually get to know better the owners and GMs to work with them to make the league better instead of working at different levels.

No Streaming Account
  7. LHSbrad35

LHSbrad35 CHL Owen Sound Owner | CHL Social Media Director Platinum

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -6
    Maybe this could be an an improvement suggestion...allow us to view PDFs on our phone for starters!!! :):D

• Funny Funny x 1
    srubrad35
  8. OutStandnSkill

OutStandnSkill Works D Butt Off

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -1
    the addition to team ASSISTANT and CAPTAINARY selections, would be pretty awsome , n give more reason for people to do end game pictures and more , without forgetting. as there should be leaders of certain lines or whatever creative roles the owners n gms want for there assistants and captains to be. would be much help to owners and gms also as they have alot of other things to focus on n do to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    outstandingskill
  9. ZeRo_SyMPoThY

ZeRo_SyMPoThY Owner of Sarnia Sting s5

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -2
    I love the idea of a WJC however it is pretty much impossible to field teams from country's other than USA and Canada we all know how NA vs euro severs can be not to mention if if they have the personnel to field a team what is realistically possible would be a regional/province tournament for example in USA teams would be northeast southeast Midwest southwest and pacific in Canada Quebec Ontario Manitoba Saskatchewan Alberta b.c newf/ns I think that would be interesting and easy to set up not hard for every owner to double check they're players location and submit to lg and when time comes each owner selects they're set amount of players to represent them in the tournament for they're region also I agree 100% every player must have completed 1 season at the chl level to be eligible for NHL draft

No Streaming Account
  10. Polska_B0SS_780

Polska_B0SS_780 LGHL PSN - Anaheim Ducks Owner Platinum LGHL Owner (PSN)

Ratings:
    +1,118 / 39 / -95
    On the outside looking at this league John. You guys definitely need to get a world juniors going. You guys have the numbers down here. I am sure Tris could make a extra page like Xbox has. I think it would create more traffic towards playing in the CHL .

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Pugz_360

Pugz_360 Owner of Moose Jaw Warriors

Ratings:
    +27 / 2 / -1
    I believe we should have a cross league play I think everyone would love it scheduling will most likely be hard to do but can be done etc ohl teams playing qhl teams so we all get a chance to feel out all teams in the chl

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  12. XDoctor-jackalX

XDoctor-jackalX Owner Victoria Royals

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -1
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  13. oBiLL3Yo

oBiLL3Yo Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -3
    This year in season4 and spacificaly playoffs I had issues with no shows and a lack of player inactivity it costed me a couple games that could of been won because of the days the games are scheduled i honestly think the best days would be Thursday friday Saturday sunday I feel players have more free time those days does anyone agree? Its just a suggestion thanks

• Like Like x 1
    bill3y09
  14. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz Active Member Platinum

Ratings:
    +126 / 6 / -12
    More free time, but weekends are impossible to get people with familys online.

I won't mind a Sat (1), Sunday(2), Monday(2), Tuesday(2), Thursday(2) Schedule so the league can draw in some more people who can only play on the weekends

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    Windmillsfordayz
  15. oBiLL3Yo

oBiLL3Yo Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -3
    True bro

bill3y09
  16. MajiikalSniipes

MajiikalSniipes S4 LGCHL St. John Seadogs LD

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    18 players on a roster, not 17. 17 makes no sense. Especially when you're trying to set lineups to gain chemistry. Plus... the extra roster player per team would give the league an extra 60 roster players with the CHL expanding. The 17 roster players just doesn't make sense, unless it's to assure at least one TC gets 1 game a week, that's just pointless then cause that just screws everything up for everyone else and screws up scheduling lines, every week, saw it happen week after week, then everyone gets mad at management for not keeping the same lines together when its impossible with 17 roster players. this isn't little league, this is league gaming, earn your spot to play with reason to back it up, not because all the guys already got their 3 games so an ecu is needed for the last game of the week. 18 roster players in the CHL not 17. I think everyone who has played LG would agree

No Streaming Account
  17. mcanadiens24

mcanadiens24 S5 Saskatoon Blades Owner Gold

Ratings:
    +172 / 7 / -14
    I don't see why 17 is an issue?

9F
    6D
    2G

And they all fit to get their 3 games per week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. MajiikalSniipes

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Because 17, that's not 3 full lines... some teams put 3 goalies on the roster and 5 dman and 9 forwards, or mix and match whatever combo.

No Streaming Account
  19. mcanadiens24

mcanadiens24 S5 Saskatoon Blades Owner Gold

Ratings:
    +172 / 7 / -14
    Then that is their choice to put their team that way.

9F, 6D and 2G works perfectly and that's how it is designed for AHL/NHL. So might as well get used to it in CHL for when people move up.

No Streaming Account
  20. MajiikalSniipes

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah just don't know why not make it 18 then you don't need to have a TC play G 3 times a week.

No Streaming Account