"How To" Improve (PSN) LGCHL - Please Share Your Opinions & Suggestions (Constructively)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by John_SheIdon, Mar 23, 2017.

1. John_SheIdon

John_SheIdon (PSN) LGCHL League Director Staff Member LGHL PSN League Director

Ratings:
    +355 / 6 / -12
    [​IMG]

The LG Commissioner @LG McDonald & Myself have noticed a decline of ideas & suggestions that are expressed by management & overall community involving the progression of the (PSN) LGCHL. We have heard many individuals (Management & Roster Players) share their frustration & ideas through ways that might not be constructive. The importance of hearing the communities voice is & has been equally as important especially to progression moving forward in a constructive way.

We would like for you all to share constructively your opinions & suggestions on how you think that the league can improve the CHL moving forward. We encourage conversation & can't stress enough your voice being heard.

We will be involved in the discussion & am looking forward to hearing you all.

Thank You!

• Like Like x 4
    John_SheIdon
  2. SandmanHTMF

SandmanHTMF New Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -2
    this is my 3rd season in LG and so far at least 2 times a season certain teams will have a player lag out (I believe turning off their PlayStation on purpose) to reset the game and change the momentum of the game resulting in a loss. it seems that challenging the loss never goes in the favor of the ones who are not cheating. I believe that the game should be rescheduled and replayed to leave no doubt. there has to be a better way then letting teams get a cheap win like that out of principal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. bdeez_nutz

bdeez_nutz New Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -1
    I threw together a PDF (attached below) for a World Juniors idea where the main goal is to get TCs some action and keep them engaged.

As a current TC on a winning team, even though I have gotten in some games, it's hard not to feel buried in the depth chart. I know there are hundreds of other guys in the same position. I think the league should expand 100% (at least 4 more teams in the Q) but I think having good owners is more important than expansion. If you leverage WJs the right way it will give TCs a chance to taste LG games and keep everyone happy.

This idea is somewhat similar to FNP but instead of all the games going on for one night, it would be a two-week long tourney and team season would be assigned randomly (check the PDF below).

This is just a rough draft but I think it would be unreal for us TC guys and late sign-ups in general. It not only gives guys a chance at some meaningful action but it also gives guys a two-week taste of management (setting lineups, finding ecus, etc) before jumping in head first causing issues later on.

I know they have WJs on XBOX and to be completely honest I didn't look too much into how that one works, just thought something like this would sweet.

Let me know what you guys think.

Attached Files:

• wjc.pdf
      File size:
      204.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. bdeez_nutz

bdeez_nutz New Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -1
    Screenshot for the homies on their phone:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Stavio_98

Stavio_98 Greatest Never Platinum

Ratings:
    +162 / 26 / -40
    You my friend are da real MVP this is needed but then again it should be right after season and a draft format so CHL players can get a taste of a draft and also feel more implemented into LG as a whole @John_SheIdon and @LG McDonald I know I have a rough past but if anything is needed to set this up or get it going I will do what it takes

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Stavio_98
  6. Silvio_kris

Silvio_kris Owner of LGCHL PSN Baie-Comeau Drakkar

Ratings:
    +26 / 2 / -4
    I agree with what bdeez_nutz said there. While being a TC there honestly isn't much involvement with the league it's self. You literally sit and play with people and that's it; unless you are lucky enough to get called into a game. Which happens once in a blue moon. I think another great idea would be to require all teams to ECU at least 4 people within a week. That way we might get lucky and have 4 new TC's get a chance every week. It would keep us more active and make us feel more like part of the community.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Kris_The_Crazie
  7. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz Active Member Platinum

Ratings:
    +126 / 6 / -12
    Not really a suggestion for the CHL, But can we have the ability to upload Twitch Videos directly to the site please

@Tris10

• Like Like x 1
    Windmillsfordayz
  8. skyhighsms

skyhighsms Member Platinum

Ratings:
    +18 / 3 / -5
    The biggest issue is that we have 55 people on a team and only 17 roster spots. it causes a lot of stress and confusion. It upsets player that sign up for a league and they cant play.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Skyhighsms
  9. Mjolnir_49

Mjolnir_49 Kelowna Rockets Owner, RW #49

Ratings:
    +95 / 6 / -7
    1. More extensive vetting process for Owners or mandatory new owner education course.

2. Expansion= Less TC's, I had a full team again on my tc list that were all more than capable of being a separate team that could compete in the CHL. 25 tcs per team would be ideal, 10 fwds, 10 defense, 5 goalies, becasue realistically as management we can only ecu so much. They just end up as trading cards.

3. Get rid of the shoutbox, or ban players that don't follow guidelines (hockey related topics) for example: NO: "yo bro you are a scrub :team466::team466::team466::team466::team466::team466::team466::team466::team466:" YES: "Hey anyone need a LW for drop ins?"

MJ

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. skyhighsms

Ratings:
    +18 / 3 / -5
    Sportsmanship and respectfulness is imperative to the league. The "shoutbox" is a good way for players and teams to get heard and communicate with haste. Ownership and management chirping is never good for the league BOGS have been doing a great job monitoring this, and have done there do diligence to prevent it. there will always be chirping and i believe some may be healthy for the league but the people in power need to lead by example.

• Winner Winner x 2
    Skyhighsms
  11. Mazzatti

Mazzatti Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I got something. No waivers after trade deadline. You should be able to send someone up and down after the deadline week to week without waivers. Here's my reasoning. Team A makes a 2 man trade for someone lets call him General Alcohol, Then general Alcohol decides he doesn't like the trade and is going to quit the leage. Then the BOG gives back one player to the team that made the trade as compensation. That team that receives him back immediately waives him and the team I'm on picks him up, thereby sending me to waivers cause someone was a bitch about their trade. It's not right, it's not fair, and frankly this very real situation has me pissed. No more waivers between teams after deadline. I shouldn't be screwed over cause some asshat didn't like his new team.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  12. Mjolnir_49

Mjolnir_49 Kelowna Rockets Owner, RW #49

Ratings:
    +95 / 6 / -7
    That makes sense, think real world trade deadline, your stuck within an organization, teams get one swap a weekend until playoffs.

No Streaming Account
  13. LG McDonald

LG McDonald LGHL PSN and Xbox Commissioner Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +8,369 / 32 / -302
    The momentum system hasn't been in NHL since NHL 15 on gen three.

There is no advantage gained for quitting. I see what you mean but playing a whole period without a player then returning to be shorthanded seems to be a fair punishment for quitting on purpose.
    @Dunks @S0ME ROCK

This idea seems pretty awesome!
    Expansion needs to happen to give our players more opportunity to play! That's our plan moving forward to help the roster size issues.
    I see your points but we need a deadline to ending waivers. The trade deadline was kind of the spot that made the most sense.

• Useful Useful x 1
    Lg_commissioner
  14. LG McDonald

Ratings:
    +8,369 / 32 / -302
    The only issue is then we have players whom would complain about being sent down without a
    Shot at being put on waivers.

Kinda way things are how they are. But I do see what you mean how t would be nice

• Like Like x 1
    Lg_commissioner
  15. koberipple

koberipple New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    1) I think there could could be more teams, there is so many tc's on each club that lose interest because all they get practice games.
    2) On another note the app is convoluted and could be steam lined.
    3) better response time from admins when issues come about.
    4) consistently, there at times seems to be different rules for different people and teams.
    5) I agree completely with Sandmans comment. I was watching a stream listening to a certain team talk about quiting out when they got down 0-2. Then magically they "lagged out" then wasted 4 mins passing around before they took the penalty.

6) also thank you guys for all the hard work you have done keeping the league going. These are all minor issues that are far outweighed by all the great things about the league

Last edited: May 17, 2017 at 2:55 AM
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Miggsy1974
  16. skyhighsms

Ratings:
    +18 / 3 / -5
    @LG McDonald I understand all of your points sir. But here are my rebuttal questions, that other people are facing i'm sure right now.
    First: we have (like i previously mentioned) 60 people on our roster and the league allowed players to sign up until the last day(trade deadline). How is that enough time to give all of these players a fair shake and crack at the lineup. We should be allowed to send up and down players as we wish until the playoffs due to our massive roster size. I am sure MOST owners agrees with me sir.
    Second: The app needs to be completely redesigned to allow more of a stream-line feel. It is very difficult for management to complete their duties on it.
    Third: And I think this would help a lot and could be completed with haste. Send a mass message out to all players apologizing about the roster size, i believe if a @John_SheIdon or @LG McDonald stepped in and sent all of these player a message saying to please be patient and to not get discouraged they are not on a roster, so we do not lose all of these players next season when the league tries to expand. Thanks for listening, I hope this post was constructive and helpful. Thanks for listening SKYHIGHSMS OWNER B.B. ARMADA CHL/PSN.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Skyhighsms
  17. LG McDonald

Ratings:
    +8,369 / 32 / -302
    Good stuff

1) the intent isn't that you have to give ever player a fair shake. Prior to bidding the intent is for you guys as owners to recruit and run scouting games so you fill your roster. Once random assignments come if you manage an active team you may one ever use five or six of your TC players a season.

The main reason we continue to assign players is to give them a taste of what we do here on LG to encourage people to look to jump to management. I have five or six PMs from TC players who love what we do here and will be looking to apply for CHL roles next season. That's why we continue to assign players whom sign up mid season.

If you do the math a full chl is only going to be 1020 players. We have about 1800 CHL players... having too many players is challenge

2) APP design is all @Tris10
    I know we redesigned the app menus to be easier to use on your phone. So what do you want to see in the app?

3) Yea I could send a mass message to better explain how the system works and our future plans.

• Like Like x 1
    Lg_commissioner
  18. Hammett2717

Hammett2717 Red Deer Rebels S5 owner

Ratings:
    +37 / 1 / -2
    Right now I'm running into the issue where a team trades a roster player that they say is active but when I have done the right things sent friend request lg message and psn message has not answered so now I'm in 72 hour in active process and then I will go through compensation so I have wasted a whole week because I got traded an inactive person and can't drop him to waivers or make internal roster move. If they aren't performing or their availability changes we should be able to perform internal roster moves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    hammett2717
  19. LG McDonald

Ratings:
    +8,369 / 32 / -302
    You are handling it correctly. File fire removal. File for compensation and then move on.

As for internal moves that will open the door to teams dumping inactive players on their TC rather than going through the right channels for removal.

When the season starts teams should send a message to eveyone assigned to their TC and start the 72 hour period asap. If you end up getting in contact with people inform them about how the TC system is setup and the plans to expand. If you don't file for removal. That will give us a better understand of who is active and who isn't

Lg_commissioner
  20. greatzilla007

greatzilla007 Owner of Kingston Frontenacs

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -12
    Can you make a 5th chapter in the rule book Titled "Management RULEBOOK" it should start at Day 1 of becoming management and go over the Entire season. From aquiring a team, to finding a GM, and so forth until the season is complete. I wish there was something of this nature explaining the entire season so i could have sometime to reference. I Know this chapter would be long and hard to write but it would help GROW LG and make the Management teams ALOT better and more prepared for certain times of the season.

• Like Like x 4
    greatzilla007