PSN How to do Stats: Taking Game Pics, Upload to Twitter, Transfer to LG

Discussion in 'LGHL Official League News Archive' started by frostx17, Oct 11, 2016.

1. frost I17I

frost I17I looking for a club

Ratings:
    +1,220 / 5 / -44
    Hey guys. I went ahead and used my game last night to show everyone how to do stats in the new LG stats system. @Tris10 has done a little retooling in order to capture a few additional stats, so these two videos will show you how to go about doing these. For some reason my mic wasn't working properly in order to do the vocal overlay on these videos, so I will do a text transcript here, and you can line up with the video what I am talking about.

Step 1: The Pics and Twitter upload

The first step that you need to do in respect to taking stats, is get the correct images from the game screen. There are only three pictures needed now that we are able to see the post game stats report. After those three pictures, you will also get the game stats, and period stats. Also make sure you have a twitter profile linked to the site in order to upload the images for the OCR to pull. Mine is already linked, so you won't see me logging in to twitter.

** IMPORTANT: DO NOT SPAM X AFTER GAME **

As you can see, the first picture captures everything on the initial load page up to team play eff (take first screenshot). You will scroll to the right until you get to blocked shots (take second screenshot). Then scroll all the way to the right until the end (final player stats screenshot). You will notice blocked shots is still in the screen capture, but the OCR will be fine. Now PlayStation only allows you to upload 4 pics at a time to twitter in one upload. Because there are 5 pictures, it is easiest to send these three first to Twitter before getting the last two. You can see in the video I upload them to #LGproBK. This hashtag can be literally anything you want it to be, as long as you stay consistent. LG OCR will look for any image with this hashtag post game start time, so its important you use a unique hashtag when uploading. Something like #LGpsn(team abbrev) is the best way I have found this to work.

Exit out of the player stats, and then take the final two pics necessary. One for the team page stat, and one for the period stats. Go ahead and send these two images to Twitter as well USING THE SAME HASHTAG. That part is important. You will see why in the next video when I upload the stats to the computer inside LG why you want to keep them the same.

Step 2: LG and the OCR

This is the part that people get the most confused about when doing stats.

This is the order of how to get to your game to upload stats.

1. Go to league where you will be uploading stats
    2. Click "MyLG" at the top left of screen
    3. Click on "Input Score" in the drop down menu
    4. Select the game in which you want to upload stats, then click submit

Step 1 of the OCR process is to verify the players that played in the game. This stage is important as the OCR will pick up the players in game, and will attach the stats to them when you upload them.

1. Verify the players in game, and that they have the correct position listed in the drop down
    2. If player did not play, mark them as "DNS" in order to remove from game
    3. Click "Add Player" in order to add a person who is not listed, but played in the game

After you get to this stage of the process, you will scroll down to "Step 2" of the OCR process. This is where you are going to look for the images that you saved from the game in the first video. This is why you want to keep your images uniform in order to find them here. Try to keep the name short, and to the point. The longer it is, the more of a chance you have for them to mess up.

1. In the box, type in the hashtag you used to upload pics to twitter. DO NOT FORGET TO ADD THE "#"
    2. The box below is the time after game box. If the game had a lot of restarts, or you didn't upload pics immediately after game, you may have to adjust this box in order to search a larger time span. I recommend uploading the pictures immediately after game. It will save you the headache

**** Scroll to 1:28 ****

This brings us to "Step 3" inside the OCR. This is the meat and potatoes of the OCR.

1. Now that you have the correct hashtag listed in "Step 2", click the blue "Get Images" icon. This is going to load all of the pictures that you had under the hashtag
    2. Just under the "Step 3" heading, you will see an option to select the periods. You will also see a yellow box off to the left that says "Create Partition". Do not click that button unless there is a lag out. That will create two separate game uploads to combine the multiple pictures. I will upload a video for that when it happens next to me. For now, just do period start as 1, and period end as 3.
    3. You can really do this in any order, but in this video I did the team stats first. Try and pick a way that works best for you, so you can remember to get everything. Click the picture that has the team stats, and it will highlight with an orange box. Scroll down to the box under "Get Images", and select the option that says "Team Stats" and click "Upload Image" to post.
    4. You will notice that the images disappear after the system box pops us telling you it has performed these actions successfully. Don't be alarmed, the images are still there. Just click the box that says "Upload Image" that is in the BLUE BOX. Your images will reappear, and you can proceed to the next step.
    5. Find the image that shows your period stats. Click that image, then scroll down to the drop down box. Click the option that says "Period Stats", and click "Upload Image" to post.
    6. Repeat #4, to do the player stats. you can multi select these, so click all three player stats photos, go to the drop down and click "Player Stats", and click "Upload Image" to post. This process takes about 30 seconds to save, so DO NOT spam the green "Upload Image" button.
    7. After this saves, you can scroll down and see all of the users from the game. I like to look at this box and just skim it over. You can generally tell if there are any errors you are going to need to fix just by looking over it briefly.
    8. From here scroll up, and on the left side there is a green "Upload Image" button. This is separate from the one you used to attach the photos in "Step 3". This button finalizes all of the uploads that you have done via images to this point. After you click that button, it will take a minute before it uploads to the site. Click ok when the box pops up.

YOU ARE NOT DONE AT THIS POINT!!!! This is how we finalize stats that OCR messed up

From here, you are going to need to go back into the game to verify there are no errors. It is important to state that just because there is no red box around the game alerting you that there are not any errors, doesn't mean you do not have to review the game. This version of the OCR is not perfect yet, and there will be errors for you to fix!!! Go back to your league page, click the game you just uploaded pictures to, and scroll down. You can see in my video that I was missing a player in my stats, and the box did not highlight red. This is why it is important you double check stats. To fix this scroll down to the box that says "Team Manager - Edit Stats". Clicking this button will take you to the manual entry of the stats.

This page is scary the first time you do this so stay with me on this lol.

**** Scroll to 4:19 ****

After getting to this page, we can add, remove, and update positions for all players in game. This is also where we can manually adjust stats that were not uploaded correct through the OCR. We used to have to input every single one of these boxes before so make sure you thank @Tris10 if you haven't already for making your life easier. Fixing a few errors is a lot better than manually doing each box.

1. From here add players if needed, and correct position players. It is important each player has the correct position listed, or the OCR will not pull properly. I didn't show it here, but clicking add player will show both NHL and the AHL players for each organization. This is how you add ECU players.
    2. Next you want to verify the minutes for each player. I have found this to not pull properly when uploading pictures for some reason. Next, edit stats manually for each person that has errors. CHANGING STATS TO FALSIFY YOUR POINTS WILL RESULT IN A BAN FROM THE SITE. There is a picture attached showing your points. You will not get away with falsifying stats. It is the easiest thing for League Staff to track, and punish.
    3. The other major issue I have seen happens with goalie stats. These do not pull correctly at all, and I have had to manually change these every time.
    4. After you verify player stats, scroll down to make sure that team and period stats are correct. Click the green box that says "Save Stats". This will either accept your entry, OR it will give you a list of errors that need to be fixed in order for the stats to post properly. The system will tell you what needs fixed in order for it to be correct.
    5. You do not have to worry about the shots from players matching the team stat shots as they will never match. This is a glitch from EA, so that is the only stat that will not make a difference in terms of editing.
    6. Go back out to league page, click on the game you have been working on, and verify everything looks correct.

Side Notes:

1. OCR is a work in progress, and will have errors as we fine tune it to match the new stats page in NHL 17
    2. Shot stats from players, and the total on the game stats do not match, that is ok and you should leave it as is
    3. Goalie stats do not pull properly, and you need to check these right now after every game
    4. Check the minutes played, and make sure they are correct
    5. Just because there is no red box after the game doesn't mean the game is correctly uploaded.
    6. Whole process takes 10 minutes

Hopefully this helps! Best of luck this LG season. I will upload a video with my vocals on how to do stats when there are lag outs whenever I fix my mic. It'll be easier to do a voice over than text transcript.

@Tris10

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    frostx7
  2. Bbrawler84

Bbrawler84 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 7 / -3
    Great write up but holy shiza that's a lot of steps. RIP management's free time

Bbrawler84
  3. radicalapex

radicalapex LGPSN Sharks Owner

Dsicord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +245 / 4 / -10
    It's actually easier than last season. Down from 6 screenshots to 5.

• Like Like x 2
    radapex
  4. frost I17I

frost I17I looking for a club

Ratings:
    +1,220 / 5 / -44
    It looks like a lot because it is in text form. Whole process is quite easy, and takes about 5-10 minutes of your time

frostx7
  5. Bbrawler84

Bbrawler84 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 7 / -3
    Yeh pics seem OK. I think just getting them working on the site is what ppl are having the most trouble with. This will help tho thx

Bbrawler84
  6. Budz_780

Budz_780 Crunch Goalie #29

Ratings:
    +391 / 147 / -138
    doing it manually is way easier gg

Budz_780
  7. Stavio_98

Stavio_98 Greatest Never

Ratings:
    +288 / 51 / -101
    Stavio_98
  8. xDubz47

xDubz47 No Dubz, No Party

Dsicord:
    Dubz#3406
    Ratings:
    +215 / 60 / -64
    DubzNHL
  9. Man-Bear-Pig

Man-Bear-Pig LGHL PSN Deputy Commissioner & BOG

Dsicord:
    Man-Bear-Pig#5324
    Ratings:
    +249 / 1 / -9
    Hey folks! Here's some fresh troubleshooting tips from @Tris10.

If the "Online ID" field is highlighted in yellow, it breaks the OCR.

Here is a bad example of a highlighted Online ID ...

[​IMG]

Here is a good example of a different field highlighted ...

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    KingOfAllHumans