Honest chit chat about 2K4

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by silroc, Aug 6, 2003.

1. silroc

silroc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Honest chit chat abo

I LOVE the 2k series...... Seriously since it came out for the DC it was soo sweet. What a breath of fresh air.

My only minor gripe is more with MS than VC.

I am disappointed that the only football game on XSN will be Fever. I know that this site, and other leagues are there for support, and will be cool, but the thought of having a 99% automatic league manager to run a league online is soo damn sweet. This is particularly true for the semi-serious gamers like myself.
    I love the game, love playing, love the competition... But frankly, I dont want to put much effort into it, as do many of the people I know who are semi- serious gamers . Thats where the XSN comes in. We basically want to play amongst ourselves, and I know for a fact non of them would not put the effort required for a manual league.

The ironic part is that the "manual" league you guys created is quite amazing, and a true testament to the talents of the programmer.

I guess I'll have to buy 2 football games this year. One for online gaming with the boyz, and one for serious SIM football.

No Streaming Account
  2. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, our league will not have XSN support, luckily we have Tris10 who is a sick programmer and can whip up some sweet, in depth scoreboards. The only problem with that is that you have to input the stats into the site after the game....but this isn't hard. I mean it is totally worth it. And after playing Fever 2003, I don't think I will EVER touch another M$ sports game [-( :-&

Gajeske85
  3. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    M$ sports games arent bad...they are just arcadey...

No Streaming Account
  4. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All of them except Inside Drive.

5. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The arcade thing is what makes me not like em.

Gajeske85
  6. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well that doesnt mean the arent any good...lol....fever is fun game no doubt

No Streaming Account
  7. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The only fun I had with Fever was the Franchise mode and just trying to create a team that would be a group of winners controlled by the AI with a simulated season.

I guess this is the stats junkie in me :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  8. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, I am really into stats...that is my main thing. Thats why I am so in love with Madden :)

Gajeske85
  9. woobwoob

woobwoob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tris is hoping that XSN will send an email out when a match is played with stats etc. If this happens, he will be able to use that info to automate our calculator a bit and of course he'll manipulate those stats to create more stats as well. But we shall see what MS will allow us to do, if we have to have a manual calculator for Topspin and Amped, oh well.

No Streaming Account
  10. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how many stats can u really keep for amped and topspin?

No Streaming Account
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    MP no information has been given on how many stats yet for any g ame except for NFL Fever 2004 for the XSN network whcih can track up to 69

12. woobwoob

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah, dunno yet... I'm looking for it a few times a week on IGN and Gamespot. Topspin if they do it correctly, should be fairly intensive, other than score and best trick, i'm not sure what amped will be able to do. It would be tight if they had a score based on X number of seperate judges...

now back on topic.

No Streaming Account
  13. silroc

silroc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Guys, I just read this on the Gamespot preview article-

?This year's game will also feature an online league system, where one player signs up on the game's Web site and assumes the role of an administrator. Administrators determine how many players can enter an individual league and what style of league it will be. Both versions of the game also support voice chat this year. ?

Are they just referring to the Sony version ? Because they don?t mention that specifically.

No Streaming Account
  14. woobwoob

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    most likely, unless we are to use gamespy... or a system like what we have created?

No Streaming Account
  15. silroc

silroc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wait I am confused now ?

What do you mean Gamespy ?

I guess let me clarify ?

By reading the quote I posted, it gives me the impression that NFL2K4 has a feature where you can setup online league through your computer (sounds like XSN)

My questions ?

Do they just mean PS2 ? Or is this a hint that they will be on XSN ?

No Streaming Account
  16. woobwoob

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well so far, don't hold me to it, but currently XSN is only for games developed by MS. I am pretty sure they are referring to the PS2 port of the game being online.

Playing online using an xbox without Xbox LIVE is done by using your computer and your xbox. You go to gamespy.com and download a tunnel program. You start the tunnel, then go to the system link option in the game on your xbox (it only works w/ games that support system link), then you find a room with your computer and join it. That's how people play Halo online.

The other option would be if the software publisher came out w/ a software utility similar to what gamespy has in order to play online w/ the xbox version. Or if the game is live enabled, then they could have a calculator like we do here and have everyone input the stats from the games.

No Streaming Account
  17. silroc

silroc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks bro ? I know about Gamespy and xbconnect. I play Halo LAN weekly.
    But since NFL2K4 is not system link , I don?t think it matters, plus I have no desire to do that when I have XBOX Live enabled games?.

But something you say is interesting -
    Are you saying that a program like Gamespy or xbconnect could somehow ?read? the stats after the game is over, and automatically record the stats ? Interesting concept.

No Streaming Account