Here is the Fix for Input Delay - posted on pg 1 initial post (also includes past posts)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by frostx17, Oct 22, 2015.

1. frosty l7l

frosty l7l looking for a team

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    Essentially what you need to do is go into your router, and block the server that is routing through EA Ireland. By blocking that IP, you force EA's code to route you properly to the correct server that is remaining in North America.

This is the server IP you need to block......

here is the URL for those who cant use IP: http://gosprodfeapp0392.ea.com/

The other server IP address will take over putting you in the right place without lag.

That is the server address that is making you have input delay. The only reason you don't see the Recommended location for club say Euro this year is due to the fact the end destination of your transmission is still Redwood California.

This is the issue I have been tracking down for EA in my conversations with them. I sent all the info to Rammer this morning (thanks Marc for sending it @AK l91l), and have given them all of the reports they wanted to see.

This worked for me last night, and was able to go 5/5 in home games as leader with ZERO lag. Other members in the game who experienced it on a normal occurrence said for the first time since the game dropped they experienced ZERO input delay. This was tested in both home/away captains with me being lobby leader. Clean connection every time.

This fix worked for me, but I have not tested it on a large scale. I need data from everyone that can confirm/deny that this worked for you. If done properly, you should experience @Ozzyng2 connection to the EA servers, and will be fixed indefinitely (or until EA releases Patch that fucks that up). If there are any questions, please post/pm them to me and I will be more than glad to help/answer if I can.

Happy Input-Delay-Gone-Forever Day!!

- Frost

Update since I've made this thread... Been in contact with EA representative this last week, and have exchanged quite a few emails with him since that date. They've been monitoring my ip through the servers while I'm playing to help locate the issue on the trace route. Since I've been working with this guy, the input delay I've been receiving has decreased from 3 plus seconds every game, to now where I receive minimal input delay. Over the last 3-4 days, many of you should have experienced less issues than what you had when the game first dropped as well.

There is an issue, EA is working on it, and has been able to consistently reproduce the input delay on the back end copy that we don't use. That with the trace data I've been giving them has helped narrow down the problem. As they continue to work on it, game play will begin to feel better.

Last night I was able to host an eashl game as the captain of the team (it switched to me after leaving the DR to the lobby) on multiple occasions, and had very minimal input delay. In 2 of those games I had none at all. This is ground breaking progress considering how my connection was jackd00p bad until a few days ago. They've continued to monitor my ip through the servers to help locate the issue. Stay patient, things are progressing towards a fix.

Regarding the servers....

EA has given me the direct ip addresses to the NHL servers (which are located in redwood) to run the same tests I've been running on the other one to date. There are many similarities, but the major issue of European routing is still there. EA utilizes 2 servers for NHL with unique ip addresses to spread the load when peak activity occurs. One server is now operating properly, but the second one is not. That is what I have been helping to find a solution for by sending them data per their request.

To the people who never have delay....

Essentially what I have found (and this has been verified by a few members in the league sending me their results), is that the people who never lag have ISPs that are blocking the pathways that send your packets to the EA Ireland servers before making it to redwood California. You have flawless connection as this server is working properly.

The people who have input delay occasionally....

You don't get it all the time because your ip is splitting the time spent routing to both Ireland and redwood. Half the time it's sending you on the correct route, and he other half its sending you to Europe. That's why you get it "randomly".

The people who have delay ALL the time...

The fix isn't too far off hopefully. We've narrowed down a big piece of the puzzle, and it shouldn't be long before the whole problem is resolved. It just takes time. Hopefully you've noticed that the input lag has decreased a little bit. It's not completely gone, and still happens, but it's getting better.

I'll let you know more when I get more info. It takes time to run all the tests they want. Hopefully it's fixed permanently sooner than later.

- frost

Please see update posted a few posts down regarding potential fix for issue:

Don't get your hopes up too much, but I think I have created a bandaid solution for this problem. The first video I'm going to post was the delay before I put in my fix.

This is post fix:

After I implemented the fix, there was zero lag for any members in 5 straight games. 2 of those games were in lobbies with me as the home and away captain, and 3 games in EASHL all home team. No users experienced lag on either team (sent messages to confirm).

Just need to test one more person to confirm that the fix works universally

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    • Like x 52
    • Winner x 18
    • Informative x 3
    • Useful x 3
    • Get Good x 1
    • Creative x 1
    frostx7
  2. TBU The Tiny

TBU The Tiny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 6 / -8
    You have a case of beer with your name on it from me

• Like Like x 5
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Audacity81

Audacity81 Official Dick Pick Provider of LG

Discord:
    audacity81#0
    Ratings:
    +2,430 / 157 / -263
    Wait redwood ? Ireland ? Is this SAMCRW

• Like Like x 21
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Chum lLee

Chum lLee Chum lLee

Ratings:
    +558 / 4 / -25
    Potato famine

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Coach Crass

Coach Crass Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    I'd like to thank your post however i don't have the ability to do so.

Thank you.

• Get Good x 4
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    CoachCrass
  6. Riemersmaa

Riemersmaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +977 / 45 / -27
    Appreciate the work you're doing to make this a fun season again. Hosted a game tonight with no input lag, hope I can attribute that to you.

• Like Like x 2
    Riemersma11
  7. hatemakerr

hatemakerr the material girl.

Ratings:
    +435 / 8 / -12
    You've done more for NHL16 than anyone who flew on an airplane to tell rammer how to fuck this game up.

• Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Useful Useful x 3
    No Streaming Account
  8. frosty l7l

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    Don't get your hopes up too much, but I think I have created a bandaid solution for this problem. The first video I'm going to post was the delay before I put in my fix.

This is post fix:

After I implemented the fix, there was zero lag for any members in 5 straight games. 2 of those games were in lobbies with me as the home and away captain, and 3 games in EASHL all home team. No users experienced lag on either team (sent messages to confirm).

Only thing left to do is try the fix on another person who experiences the lag, and we are home free!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    frostx7
  9. lRyan l6l

lRyan l6l Quality Control #9

Ratings:
    +135 / 5 / -6
    Thanks Frost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    SensRyan
  10. frosty l7l

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    I should've got closer to the screen to see the guy but in the first video my player is the one on the far right boards. I am just hitting the LB and there's a 2 second delay. Second video I'm solo t-baggin for the win lol

frostx7
  11. IMIac 89

IMIac 89 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    macv89#0
    Ratings:
    +349 / 15 / -19
    Thanks so much for this man. I know it means a lot to all of us.

Appreciate all your hard work to fix what really is a game-breaker right now.

See you on the ice.
    :D

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    frost aka the real game changer

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    tino45
  13. Globes

Globes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 3 / -4
    Can we hang this guys jersey on the home page -- legend.

• Like Like x 4
    iiGLOBALii
  14. dityboycom

dityboycom I don't agree with you Platinum

Discord:
    dityboycom#4643
    Ratings:
    +367 / 51 / -50
    How bout you just give us the broken IP, so we can call our ISP and see if they will block our route there, kthx.

Hockeyinfo33
  15. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31
    @jackD00P

I also would like to congratulate you on your choice of move to test the input delay. Well done.

Maverik19
  16. HoT RiViT

HoT RiViT Well-Known Member

Discord:
    HoT RiViT#6095
    Ratings:
    +156 / 7 / -6
    What are the IP's for this EA Ireland server?

HoTRiViT
  17. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    Do you still need somebody else to test? I get host delay pretty bad and I'll be home around 7:00est.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. Tonyferelli

Tonyferelli Ferelli Brother

Ratings:
    +504 / 1 / -5
    If the fix works on a few more guys who get it consistently than it may be a good solution. Good work Frost!

• Like Like x 1
    Tonyferelli
  19. jackD00P

jackD00P ‍♀️

Discord:
    jackD00P#5139
    Philthadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Ratings:
    +672 / 10 / -13
    Glad I could do my part as a frame of reference

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1