Help - Packet Loss

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by JKage-, Apr 23, 2017.

1. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    Recently, i've been experiencing an insane amount of packet loss while playing NHL 17. It happened suddenly, while i was in a game i was getting these crazy lag spikes, not just once or twice, but for the entire game. So i went to check out my network performance and seen i had packet loss for the very first time.

Now, I can only assume this was the cause as i had never had anything like this happen, and it was the first time my packet loss had ever read anything other than 0%. Ever since then I have been having 6-17% packet loss nearly every game. While my ping remains low, the packet loss is basically making the game one huge lag spike.

I tried google, but i dont know shit about the inner workings or routers and PS4's so it didnt really help me. Hoping someone here can help or explain, any help is appreciated.

• Old Old x 1
    jtresatti
  2. KROFTONITE

KROFTONITE www.twitch.tv/KROFTO

Discord:
    KROFTO#8304
    Ratings:
    +904 / 3 / -31
    I have been having the same problems over the last week. I usually have 10 ping with no packet loss and this last week I'm around 10 ping with 8% packet loss.

• Informative Informative x 1
    KROFTO
  3. Barzyyx13

Barzyyx13 Execute Order 66

Discord:
    Barzyyx13#0883
    Ratings:
    +708 / 32 / -136
    Dude the Green Bay Packets suck!!! But boy can they pack good when sent home.:team62:

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Serpe x 13

Serpe x 13 Washed Up Center

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 165 / -333
    Have you tried jimmying the cables?

Serpe_x_13x
  5. radicalapex

radicalapex Well-Known Member

Discord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +624 / 5 / -18
    Are you wired or on wifi?

radapex
  6. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    WiFi but i've been on WiFi forever and this problem just started recently

jtresatti
  7. KROFTONITE

KROFTONITE www.twitch.tv/KROFTO

Discord:
    KROFTO#8304
    Ratings:
    +904 / 3 / -31
    KROFTO
  8. radicalapex

radicalapex Well-Known Member

Discord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +624 / 5 / -18
    Sounds like a ton of people are having connection issues today, so I wouldn't stress too much about it. Might be EA dropping packets, but be some hop on the route experiencing issues...

• Useful Useful x 1
    radapex
  9. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 42 / -125
    Try getting delay every other game since next gen has existed - thats basically me. Its improved to where I may not get it 2/3 or even 3/4 games but it always rears its ugly head. I have a 130DL/40UL with an average of 9-12ping on good game servers.

DynoMike25
  10. Macrocosm11

Macrocosm11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    If wifi is ur only option then there are a few things to try. First would be to prove ur connection from outside to ur modem is stable. Not being router savvy u could call ur isp and get them to analyze ur signal and look for packet loss. You should be able to google search ur router model and sign into ur router and have a look through a diagnostic option.

With that proven good, next is to test ur home network. Unless u have a PS4 slim or PS4 pro then u don't have a 5g wifi signal, so u are stuck on the 2.4 range. If u have a pro or slim, make sure u are using 5g permitting u have a good 5g signal from the router. (5g does not reach as far as 2.4).

If u are stuck with 2.4, then u should be checking ur signal quality. The problem with 2.4 is that it is generally over saturated with wifi signals, especially in apartments, condos or anywhere else where routers are congested. You can download a wifi analyzer for ur phone and use that to see what ur signal looks like. They are fairly easy to use, and very helpful at finding dead spots etc.

Now comes 2.4 channels. Generally it is good to have ur router auto scan for channels, as it will try to identify the cleanest channel in its range. Sometimes it is ideal to manually set a channel by logging into ur router. Using ur phone wifi analyzer ap, u can find a clean channel and then use ur router settings to set it to that channel. The problem with that is it won't auto detect a clean channel in the future, meaning if ur neighbor buys a jacked up router, he could bully ur signal and weaken ur connection if he is in ur channel range. The solution to this is to regularly check ur wifi signals and manually set up ur channels periodically.

A few things there u can try. I may have been vague with details so if u have any questions let me know. I'll check back here or u can pm me if u wish

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Macrocosm11

Macrocosm11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Also, go buy a huge Ethernet cable and hard wire to ur router when u play NHL (permitting u proved a good signal from ur isp to ur router). That is probably the best solution for a stable signal.

No Streaming Account
  12. Deadsoul_Rising

Deadsoul_Rising Well-Known Soul

Ratings:
    +114 / 1 / -2
    It's not just you man, I think this is an EA/NHL 17 issue, maybe even PlayStation network. I have never experienced the weird lag spikes or packet loss I've had this past week ever before. I'm wired with 150mb dl/15mb up and I have my PS4 set to static IP with all the proper ports forwarded on my router. There seems to be something wrong on the servers. I wish they would admit they have a garbage system and just fix it already. Very frustrating playing league games with lag.

• Like Like x 2
    Deadsoul_Rising