Heading Back To Vancouver Event #2

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Feb 29, 2016.

?

What are your top three improvements to NHL 17 that are a MUST for the game?

Poll closed Mar 10, 2016.
  1. More Work To EA Servers and Overall Connection(Be specific to where you live etc)

56.4%
  2. More Variety to Pre-Set Player Builds(Height + Weight, option is for those who like presets)

42.9%
  3. More Customization(EASHL,HUT,Offline, be specific)

32.9%
  4. HUT Improvements(Please give examples of what you want to see moving forward)

2.1%
  5. Offline Mode Improvements(Please go into detail on what you want)

3.6%
  6. Return of "build your own" skaters for EASHL

44.3%
  7. Purpose To Play (End of the year tournaments, etc)

36.4%
  8. Online game play improvements(Be specific on what you want to see)

37.9%
  9. New Feature Mode?(Discuss a new game mode, or change to game mode you feel is required)

3.6%
  10. Other(I ran out of options for this poll, so write in your own suggestion)

7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Just so I make this clear, and cover my own ass. Nothing in this post/poll is officially from EA. I have not been told to give you any information and I am not at liberty to reveal any information.

The purpose of this poll and thread is for me to better organize the thoughts of the LG community, and make notes for myself for when I head back to Vancouver in a few weeks time.

I have reviewed all the info we have on the website in regards to NHL 17 suggestions and such, therefore I'd like everyone whom has an opinion to please post here in this thread.

The purpose of this thread and poll is for you as a player to give your "Top Three MUSTS" for NHL 17. The poll will be set up with as many ideas as I can think of based on what the community has already discussed, but also please fill out a post as well.

Post format

#1 Must : ________________
    Reasoning Why?______________
    Other Comments _____________

If you have any questions please let me know. Feel free to use screen shots and or as much detail as possible to get your point across( @SweeT 9 LoU 84 )

Poll Options

#1 More Work To EA Servers and Overall Connection(Be specific to where you live etc)

-Make suggestions on connection issues, match making etc

#2 More Variety to Pre-Set Player Builds(Height + Weight, etc)

-This option is for those of you whom like the preset builds but want some slight changes

#3 More Customization(EASHL,HUT,Offline, be specific)

-Discuss what customization you want to see for ANY of the online or offline modes

#4 HUT Improvements(Please give examples of what you want to see moving forward)

-Very vague, so please going into detail as to what you want to see for HUT

#5 Offline Mode Improvements(Please go into detail on what you want)

-Also very vague, so go into specific details

#6 Return of "build your own" skaters for EASHL

-This option is for those whom want full control over attributes again

#7 Purpose To Play (End of the year tournaments, etc)

-This could mean different things to different players, so go into detail

#8 Online game play improvements(Be specific on what you want to see)

-This in in game stuff, like goalie animations etc

#9 New Feature Mode?(Discuss a new game mode, or change to game mode you feel is required)

-Got a crazy new idea? Post it here!

#10 Other(I ran out of options for this poll, so write in your own suggestion)

-Open mic! Post whatever you want to suggest

• Like Like x 4
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    Get EA Sports behind Pro Series.

Bigger payouts, more teams, legitimate seasons that can be tracked IN GAME.

EASHL matchmaking with the division's means dick in its current state. Bring back the back out penalty, make divisions mean something, make playing in this ladder a buy in, offer big time prizes, just rough ideas.

If EA sports wants to get another source of income through teenagers stealing their parents credit cards, getting EA behind this will tremendously increase the profit. All kinds of nubs you didn't know existed will crawl out of the rocks to participate in this. And you're not talking hundreds of people, but possibly thousands.

It increases useful 6s play, brings more money to EA's pockets, more competitiveness, more hype behind the NHL series which seems to have taken a back seat after the early 10-11 years to FIFA, imho a lot of positives.

This game needs a breath of life, because (no offense to Lg, it's a lot of the communities fault) Leagues, Pro series itself, and just casual club isn't doing it for this game even remotely as close as it used to.

EDIT: I understand LG PS hasn't been around long. So it kinda does kinda doesn't fit above, but I don't think it can touch what a EA Sports style PS could accomplish.

I voted other and would encourage anyone who also would like to see something like this vote other.

This is the change I would like to see Brodie, and as a director of a league with thousands of sixes players, you and ChickenTV (@NugeTV) could make a legitimate pitch to make it happen.

• Like Like x 9
    Primetimme1
  3. Dunks

Dunks Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DunksDynasty#3635
    Ratings:
    +1,643 / 53 / -79
    So I only casted 2 votes cause I only play one or two game modes on NHL but my biggest complaint has to be server connectivity. I recently moved but before I did I was living in Woodbridge, VA which is very close to Reston, VA where the eastern server is located to my understanding. However, I would constantly lag or lose connection to EA servers. It happened in HUT and in EASHL. Honestly losing a game over server connectivity is the dumbest shit ever. 100% absolutely, absolutely, without a doubt my biggest complaint.

My next complaint has to be PLEASE for the love of God bring back builds. The idea of "balancing" the game is asinine. If you couldn't figure out that Power Forward, Playmaker, Two-Way were the only forwards builds in NHL 14/15 worth a damn then you're clueless. Same goes with OFD/TWD on defense. Yeah sure get rid of the stupid categories like Fight Skill etc but don't cater to the people to unintelligent or lazy to figure it out.

• Like Like x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    DunksDynasty
  4. y05hiii

y05hiii Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 6 / -5
    ***More Work To EA Servers and Overall Connection(Be specific to where you live etc)***

This one is obvious. Input delay, host lag, button lag, heavy skating, Etc. This needs to be cleaned up for a lot of people.

****Online game play improvements(Be specific on what you want to see)****

- Actual "seamless puck pick-up?" That'd be a start.

- Instead of the shot aim seemingly being based on the left or right side of the goalie, how bout it's the net itself? Too many times, i see people who are aiming to the empty net side, only to watch the puck be robbed by the goalies glove, who isn't even remotely close to being in position.

- Less auto animations. With or without the puck. Some are just horrendous.

- The actual ability to keep the puck in for dmen, without getting into really awful animations

- Slashing for stick lifting an opponents stick in half.... HAS NEVER HAPPENED in real life

- A "stick check" button, one that comes downward, rather then up. Giving more power to the defenders. Quick thought, it could impede the forward, however not always work, even if well timed. Clearly poorly timed ones would end up as hooks, or slashes. Meanwhile the lift could become harder to execute, however if well timed more effective. And poorly timed ones can turn into high sticks if not careful.

- Stop this awful animation when you're on a breakaway and the "hungry, hungry, goalie" tackles the attackers legs, sending him into the glass, and not resulting in any sort of penalty... which, it should.

-When cycling in the offensive zone, the pucks should simply be easier to pick up. rather than constantly hoping over sticks.

- Why is it so much more difficult to control a d-man than it is a forward? This needs to be evened out.

This is all i have for now.

• Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  5. CTastik91

CTastik91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Morgz x 4#4444
    Ratings:
    +518 / 7 / -39
    MY MOST IMPORTANT - Online Gameplay Improvements (On-Ice)

#1 More Work To EA Servers and Overall Connection(Be specific to where you live etc)

-So I didn't have as many issues this year with the servers as most people, but I still think my biggest issue with this game is the inconstancy of the online connection. There are times where within the span of an hour, you can go from playing a perfectly crisp game, to playing one that makes you want to just quit. I understand the connection is a part of online gaming, but so much of the NHL series is based off of your connection, even having a slight delay determines the outcomes of games sometimes.

#2 More Variety to Pre-Set Player Builds(Height + Weight, etc)
    -I would much rather see customization added this way than through giving of random player builds back. People can say what they want about NHL16, but I think the player builds we have now are pretty balanced outside of power forward.

#3 More Customization(EASHL,HUT,Offline, be specific)
    -I'd like to see a Team Builder or some form of jersey/logo creator added across all modes. Give EASHL & HUT teams more of an identity and personal touch. Give us an option to customize our home arenas in HUT/EASHL, similar to what NBA 2k16 has done this year.

#4 HUT Improvements(Please give examples of what you want to see moving forward)
    -I think EA is on the right track with NHL16 for HUT. They've given us a ton of legends and special addition cards which is what I am most interested in. Revamp the HUT offline experience, since playing offline seasons isn't very fun. Bring back the HUT tournaments for offline play. Revamp collections to something close to what Madden does. Give different rewards for completing collections, not just packs. Tie the reward into the collection being completed when possible. (complete the Anaheim Ducks collection for a Paul Kayria card ect) Copy the madden system of having to lock cards once added to a collection, or at least make them untradeable.

#5 Offline Mode Improvements(Please go into detail on what you want)
    I don't think any new modes are needed, but giving more options/features to be a GM would be nice.

#6 Return of "build your own" skaters for EASHL

-I wouldn't be upset if this was brought back, I just think keeping everyone the game creates a really competitive environment. If custom builds are the way we decide to go, I feel that builds need to be public for everyone to see.

#7 Purpose To Play (End of the year tournaments, etc)
    -I don't think that the NHL player base is large enough to support any sort of E-Sports community, but I think adding something for 6v6 teams to play for IN-GAME would be nice. Some have suggested EA Sports getting behind pro series and opening it up to everyone. That could be a good idea, but I still think some sort of EA-sanctioned event would be enough.

#8 Online game play improvements(Be specific on what you want to see)
    -Give defenders all the tools they need. Defensive skill stick, or even just control over what our player does with his stick. I should be able to control where my guy is stick lifting, or whether he stick lifts at all. (Add ability to stick CHECK instead of just lift. Downward hacks, or light hacks to the stick or body of the puck carrier. Something we see 100 times a game in a real hockey game.) GIVE DEFENDERS THE ABILITY TO TIE-UP IN FRONT OF THE NET

-Fix the physics issues. Remove the bubble around players. Holding your stick in a certain place or turning your body a certain way shouldn't make you unable to be hit.

-LET US PICK UP THE PUCK INSTEAD OF SKATING OVER IT

-Fix the skating system. Too many times a guy goes into an auto slide or does a weird vision control spin without being asked. The controlled glide/45 degree cuts are broken. They should not be as effective as they are. Either give defenders the agility needed to hang with a guy doing cuts, or make it so the cuts/glides don't come with extra puck control.

-Fix the vision control. If you hold LT in the offensive zone without the puck, your guy should only be focused on getting into a shooting position. Nothing more.

#9 New Feature Mode?(Discuss a new game mode, or change to game mode you feel is required)
    -Don't really have anything new. I'd like to see Draft Champions brought over from madden, for those of us who don't invest time into HUT. Maybe give us team Relocations in be a GM, or even an expansion draft, since the NHL seems to be headed that way. Give be a pro players the chance to either play in Europe either as a prospect, or after getting old and washing out of the NHL.

#10 Other(I ran out of options for this poll, so write in your own suggestion)
    -I think I touched on everything.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. X_VANDALlSM_X

X_VANDALlSM_X Bo Dacious #11 RW

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    1) I would like to see Improvements to the defense build. Why? Defense should be able to tie up the offence in the slot, and they shouldn't turn like table top hockey, when it comes to the blue line in the Ozone..... Maybe have the open ice button work these options?

2) More customization. We were given rings for EASHL but they serve no purpose. maybe....The higher you unlock features..... jersey tuck, diffrent equipment..... etc

3) Other. I think EA should take a step back from game development, and take the time to focus on the online experience. Lets face it, they've had it pretty easy over the last 10 years, and by that I mean: Since NHL97 they have been building to what we see now. At first there was arena announcements, now there's play by play commentary and authentic arenas. Alright cool, but at the end of the day....no one cares about this crap anymore, because its statusquo.....If i could get a message through to EA it would be: its cheaper to keep a customer then it is to acquire a new one. ;)

X_VANDALlSM_X
  7. SiIky Johnson

SiIky Johnson Player Hater of the Year

Ratings:
    +483 / 23 / -52
    #1. need to get rid of the auto dekes with the RS. stickhandling needs to be more responsive.
    - because it sucks as is and takes no coordination.

#2. clean pass interceptions.
    - seemed to work perfect in the beta.

#3. get rid of TPS.
    - the skating engine does not work well online. time for this experiment to end. we need control of our players without doing rando spins.

#4. poke checks
    - poke checks should result in loose pucks if stick on puck. too many times you poke someone and they get it right back.

silk_stalker
  8. Dan0245

Dan0245 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 13 / -16
    1. More work to the EA servers. I live in Toronto and I still get speed lag which should have been fixed a long time ago. Also make it like club challenges and lobbies in which you pick the host beforehand. I get host everytime and it can occasionally not be the smoothest.

3. more customization. Add back in custom cameras since all of EA's camera angles suck.

8. Purpose to play. end of the year tournament would be nice, what also would be nice is automated option to take a mercy win after leading by 5+, useful for getting out of game against bad teams or the option to take a forfeit win if a goalie drops.

No Streaming Account
  9. Dan0245

Dan0245 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 13 / -16
    also backwards turning needs to be way smoother as well as goalie movements such as hugging the post

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. IMIac 89

IMIac 89 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    macv89#0
    Ratings:
    +349 / 15 / -19
    For me, there's several key in game adjustments that need to be made.

1. Get rid of the seamless puck pickups. There's absolutely no reason for these to be in the game. Players should not need to slow down to pick up a pass and should be able to hold the blue line without their player getting an animation which automatically puts them offside.

2. Bring back club scouting. If you're playing 6 v 6 the only players that should be in the game summary are the users, not any cpu players.

3. Customizable jerseys and logos. This was perhaps one of the best features in previous years of the game. It needs to come back.

4. Clear cut calls on goalie interference. Again, another issue which I don't quite understand. At times you can get away with blatant goalie interference in this game. Help us establish what's right and wrong, there's too much of a grey area here.

5. Player builds need to be able to turn better. The skating is not what it should be. If that means bringing back some customization to player builds than so be it.

6. The hug post feature is still an issue for goalies. Goalies do not come off the post quick enough. If you watch goalies play in the NHL it's a very quick transition from hugging the post to getting to the centre of the net or wherever he needs to be.

I wouldn't mind more goalie customization as well. Adding in new pads and such.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  11. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    #3...Not a huge concern but would be cool to see authentic arenas in EASHL. Say I had my logo and jerseys as Toronto, id want to play at the ACC, with the actual leafs logo on the ice (not an EASHL logo), the authentic goal horn and goal song. Same goes for any other team.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Blade mtl

Blade mtl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -3
    Online game play improvements(Be specific on what you want to see)

Loose puck is killing the flow and pace of the game , just make it nice and crisp let players intercept the puck when they anticipate a pass or just on random loose puck.

Too many defensive sticks in the way , breakouts defensive clearance etc... make it realistic

Return of "build your own" skaters for EASHL

Bring this back but without the cards (vet pro et... ) so we get all the points from the get go

make sure the C is the best Defensive forward and does not lose points for face offs .

Purpose To Play (End of the year tournaments, etc)

This is a hard one how to make it interesting with random games only ,

The divisions is a good idea but the point system is wrong .

No Streaming Account
  13. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    Give me my god damn defensive skill stick.

Press LB + Right Stick (Any Direction) -> Poke Check

LB (Hold) + Right Stick (Flick Left/Right) -> Slash at puck (on opponents stick), creates REAL slashing/tripping penalties

LB (Hold) + Right Stick (Up) -> Intercept pass / Block pass

LB (Hold) + Right Stick (Down) -> Block shot

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Sloshy97
  14. PvtKillaa

PvtKillaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504 / 0 / -1
    6v6 Shootouts, read below

Custom OTP settings
    Allow us to start games from any period. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, OT and Shootout
    Timers
    5v5 OT, 5min speed, 5min clock, Shootout
    Continuous OT 20min speed, 20min clock

Allow us to que for a position in otp instead of free for all. I'd rather take longer to find a game than having people play def and not play it.
    Group Que(Smite can do it) If people want to que 6 in otp instead of club they're dicks.

If cards/boost comes back, Please no 350 games. 150 was fine.
    Making builds was fun. Allow people to look at builds in game if so. If we can make our guys again, allow us to have preset build slots for Fwd, Def and Goalie. 5 each will do. Custom classes Cod style.

When the are we getting our skills competition? ;)

• Like Like x 2
    PvtKillaa91
  15. RaVen_Phantom_

RaVen_Phantom_ RaVen Phantom

Ratings:
    +88 / 28 / -50
    #10 (other) - They should bring back create a logo and jersey to EASHL but in addition to that you can actually make your own logo, no preset logos and that logo would show everywhere.

Create your own arena for EASHL & HUT. Where you can actually customize every main parts inside the arena. Examples like the Jumbo tron, stairs lighting, the colors of the seats, the tron things that goes around the arena, the colors in between the pixie glass like the St. Louis Blues, special props after the home team scores and for when the game ends, etc.

Create your own Goalie masks. Something like Emblem Creator and Paint Shop in Black Ops 3. Probably max of 64 layers. This would make your mask authentic to the rest instead of having the same masks for everyone to wear.

EASHL Winter Classic games. It would be cool to add this probably the current stadiums or all the others but just that alone would be amazing.

Bring Ice Girls and Cheerleaders in the game to the teams that have them.

Bring back the face customizion. I really don't like preset heads cause you can't change their hair, nor eye color, etc.

Bring back to where you can have different flexes for your stick and add how each stick is different to use. Like how an old Sherwood stick is harder to use than like a modern stick. Also with different skates having different stats like before.

Keep the XP progressing system and player classes. I like that because you have to use different classes to rank up. It's also useful for new people to not feel underpowered going against people who bought it first day.

Bring back where you can see people's overall stats mid game in EASHL both club and drop-in. Add back club scouting in drop-in.

Add more celebrations. Advanced celebrations like FIFA, they have a TON of celebrations that I can't remember them all.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    New_Yorks_Elitist
  16. Celly902

Celly902 #72 RD

Ratings:
    +167 / 7 / -10
    Get rid of soo many animations.. im trying to play the game not let the computer play for me. custom builds to players and teams and eashl. the Left trigger to not skate backwards but work as being square to the puck with visual awareness.. this has all been in the game and removed i believe to make the game user friendly for people that dont know how to play. but it hinders those that have skill for the game when their player starts doing random things and the game tries to help you with.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    1. Bring back the builds. Not the legend 3 leveling system line previous NHL's, but more control over the way we build our players. It's getting annoying losing the puck on every toe drag you make because you aren't a playmaker, or missing a wide open net because you aren't a sniper.

2. Get rid of the FUCKING AUTO ANIMATIONS. There have been countless times I've seen defenders fly into an auto poke animation that takes them all the way up the ice, resulting in an odd man rush. I've also seen the random "auto stop" animation ruin breakaways. Stop catering the game to those with less skill simply by making the game do more for you.

3. If I'm not touching my left stick, my guy shouldn't skate on his own. Stop that.

4. Bring some sort of relevancy back to the EASHL Playoffs, or some sort of tournament outside of Pro Series. Division 1 club has become so watered down with no talent, and it's obvious because I don't think I've ever seen the volume of teams looking for club challenges in the chat box. That speaks volumes about the current division setups.

5. Bring back the ability to tie up as a defenseman. Defenders are pretty much relying on the game to make pokes for them since they physically can't do anything to prevent the puck from reaching the opponent they're covering, other than to hope they don't get sent into a stupid animation sending them across the ice.

6. REMOVE THE HOOK BUTTON. The hook is literally a penalty, so why it has a button in this game is beyond me. If we're going to have the hook as an actual button, I want an elbowing button.

7. Remove the randomness. I don't know how you'd go about doing this, but I've seen so many times (for my team and against) where one team is simply dominating shots and time on attack. Half the shots they take hit post or miss the net completely, and then the other team skates down and flops a backhand from the blue line on net and the goalie decides to open the gaping 5 hole.

7. The puck pickups are atrocious.

8. If you miss a stick lift, your player should NOT direct the blade of his stick towards the noggin of an opposing player. Same with pokes, if you miss why the fuck is my guy throwing his stick into the feet of the guy I'm trying to defend?

9. Bring back club scouting

• Like Like x 4
  18. adidaht88

adidaht88 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    adidaht#5622
    Ratings:
    +82 / 21 / -34
    #1 Must : Honestly I just want them to improve gameplay balance and fix puck pickups, along with giving goalies the ability to actually move post to post correctly.

In VS mode please allow the game to remember your settings like it does in HUT. In both VS and HUT, please fix the AI for when you change players as it currently will pretty much always change you to the wrong person, this player changing AI was way better in 15 on 360.

Allow goalies to play as the extra skater when they pull themselves.

Reasoning Why? Goalies are completely handicapped when someone is behind their net. Quick side to side movement is so bad that even the slightest move to one side leaves the other wide open. Also the inability to pick up pucks I feel hurts defense more than offense. Defense needs help still.

Other Comments: Do not, DO NOT bring back player leveling for EASHL. I do not want full player customization either as people do not really use it to truly be different, but rather try to find out how to glitch the system. Player classes are fine.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    adidaht88
  19. bigdogrex

bigdogrex free agent RD

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -6
    yo. i had the thought that it would be cool for there to be more player development tools. a practice mode that teaches positioning in various systems used in the NHL. eg. protect the house, sagging arrow, perrimiter offence, cycle, lane explanation, crossing lanes, rotation explanatioon.... this would make the league much better, and if customizable enough may be a great teaching tool for minor league coaches in real hockey.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. bigdogrex

bigdogrex free agent RD

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -6
    A change player feature on vs. hold down right trigger, and 4 icons apear above names. press icon while holding trigger to change to that player. do the same for passing.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account