Grand Rapids in need of Management

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Britney, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217
    Most of you know me, most hate me. I do know how to keep my AHL happy. Plenty of picks into next season and compelete freedom of how you choose to run your team. Contact me, if interested in taking GM or AGM.

Thanks

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Lokix6x
  2. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. NewfieMiLLeR

NewfieMiLLeR Avalanche Fan

Ratings:
    +40 / 5 / -6
    I may be interested

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Snizzahh

Snizzahh Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Snizzah#6305
    Ratings:
    +557 / 90 / -48
    • Like Like x 3
    Snizzahh
  5. IM HEARTLESS323

IM HEARTLESS323 IM THE GREATEST EVER

Discord:
    IM HEARTLESS323#0904
    Ratings:
    +951 / 283 / -258
    • Winner Winner x 2
    im_heartless323
  6. PivotGivinner

PivotGivinner Well-Known Member

Discord:
    PivotGivinner#6848
    Ratings:
    +1,108 / 39 / -95
    3 weeks worth of FFs, looks like their organization needs a new owner too.

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Get Good x 2
    • Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217
    Lol, relevant

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Lokix6x
  8. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. CH0SEN1 x

CH0SEN1 x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 5 / -12
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Chislett 19

Chislett 19 Warning Group

Discord:
    Chislett 19#7722
    Ratings:
    +217 / 4 / -11
    Pretty sure i'm playing AHL for the summer season and would be interested.

• Informative x 4
    • Get Good x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Not a chance you get AHL management

Season 26 will be the last season we see succesful NHL players or managers take AHL GM roles.

If you wish to play in the AHL it'll have be through bidding.

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    This is the stuff I like to hear! :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  13. Chislett 19

Chislett 19 Warning Group

Discord:
    Chislett 19#7722
    Ratings:
    +217 / 4 / -11
    Bidding it is

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217

Yey, dictatorship!

There's the incentive for all AHL guys to never go to the NHL so you won't ever have to worry about this rule!

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    Lokix6x
  15. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    It all about balance and this shouldn't be a shock to you since I've told you this was coming a long time ago

If you feel that allowing NHL caliber managers and players to take AHL management will be the incentive to push the AHL guys to the NHL level I think your concept is a bit ass backwards. On the other side of the coin how does that system help promote good CHL Mangers to move up?

We saw a ton of the successful AHL GMs from S25 seek out NHL opportunities in season 26. The same will apply for this up and coming season as many good AHL GMs have also reached out curious about NHL opportunities.

To think allowing NHL top tier managers and or player take AHL management is beneficial to the League, I think is a bit ridiculous.

So now we have 5 million dollar NHL players, free on an ahl roster and also eligible to ecu to the NHL level I see no balance in that.

The options are simple, take NHL management, go to NHL bidding, or go AHL bidding. Those bidding sessions will offer very market value to those players whom decide to come down for a season or two.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  16. V 4 T T Y

V 4 T T Y ECHL Commissioner - Manager S20 - S45

Discord:
    v_4_t_t_y#0
    Ratings:
    +796 / 69 / -139
    I may be interested though I'm going to see if my 2 years of management in this league and success can bring me to the NHL as an owner

• Like Like x 2
    Glorygaming94
  17. Dunks

Dunks Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DunksDynasty#3635
    Ratings:
    +1,643 / 53 / -79
    So does this mean I can't be an AHL manager or am I considered bad enough to be? Not even joking me and some of the Milwaukee boys were thinking about a reunion tour

DunksDynasty
  18. NEON 5

NEON 5 Honorary Newf

Ratings:
    +64 / 22 / -10
    How exactly are you going to fairly determine if someone is too successful to manage in the ahl? o_O

• Like Like x 4
    legendaryreddog
  19. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    That's fine.

I'll give you some examples based on this seasons NHL Owner's;

ANA, Kryss has had a few hard seasons in the NHL but has been a dedicated manager overall. He could be accepted to return to the AHL or CHL if he wanted.

ARI, Stick, Stew and Fox all have many seasons of NHL success stemming back to S16 and I believe 18 winning a cup. All three are top NHL players, therefore wouldn't be eligible for AHL and NHL management.

BOS, Colonel is a has made great strides in his first season NHL Owner. He would be a bubble guy based on this one season, and it would be determined if he could return to the AHL based on the overall strength of the AHL Managers.

BUF, A1 and Ryan 6 have been top level NHL players for several seasons. We have also seen A1 step in and clean up teams in the past. Both would only be eligible for NHL MGT.

CHI, JBT rough first season in the NHL but he has been an NHL player for several season now. He would also be a bubble player. His GM and AGM however have been career NHL players with success, both would be ineligible.

COL, Zincy and LOL both have been career NHL players with experience. Both would not be AHL eligible.

CBJ, Potsy has been a long time veteran owner whom has struggled to make the playoffs. I like him at the NHL level because he has consistency for several seasons competed right until the final day of the season. He would be a bubble guy that I am leaning towards being NHL only.

DAL, all three are new to the NHL MGT role and had very limited success. All three could probably benefit from a season or two at the AHL level.

DET, all three are successful NHL players and have had success in MGT. All three would be NHL only.

EDM, all three are successful NHL players and have had success in MGT. All three would be NHL only.

FLA, I know Stif is severing a ban, but him and Terry would be considered the guys whom are ONLY NHL MGT eligible.

LAK, These guys are extreme bubble guys for me seeing as they BOTH have had past NHL success, and AHL success. The last few seasons have not truly reflected that, but I do see them both as valued NHL assets at this time.

MIN, Strizzy and Con are both NHL career guys whom will only be NHL MGT eligible.

MTL, Greg has been an NHL guy for many season and will remain NHL MGT eligible only. SuperM is a good example of solid AHL MGT whom has jumped top the NHL level and has shown success. At this current time, with his experience and how he is playing, he too would be an example of a player whom would be NHL MGT eligible moving into next season.

NJD, all three are career NHL players whom will remain NHL MGT eligible ONLY

NYI, could use a few more seasons at a lower tier to gain experience. Would be eligible for any tier of MGT.

NYR, these guys are in the same boat as SuperM, and Colonel. Tehy could be argued as bubble guys, one hit wonders, but based on their season performance they are NHL MGT eligible only.

OTT, all three are career NHL players whom will remain NHL MGT eligible ONLY

PHI, both guys could return to the AHL if they wish.

PIT, both are career NHL players whom will remain NHL MGT eligible ONLY

SJS, all three are career NHL players whom will remain NHL MGT eligible ONLY

STL, all three are career NHL players whom will remain NHL MGT eligible ONLY

TBL, bubble guys. Obviously they won in the AHL, but I think with some patience and a few seasons of experience, they could be a top 10 team.

TOR, Taco would be an excellent NHL GM(due to position and experience) I am not opposed to him taking AHL MGT either. His GM I believe would benefit from being a manager at a lower tier.

VAN, all three are NHL players whom will remain NHL MGT eligible ONLY

WSH, BOTH are career NHL players whom will remain NHL MGT eligible ONLY

WPG, Entire roster is ONLY NHL MGT eligible

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those are the examples I can give. Is it perfect? No. Is it subjective? 100%. The goal is to promote our top managers to try out the NHL but still allow wiggle room. Let's say bake and pauly have a rough S27 and S28. That IMO would be grounds to let them return. Vice versa would be if Snoopy or someone else put a few solid seasons under their belt they become less eligible to return.

There are many factors we have to consider. The measure stick IMO right now is based on our two best AHL Managers, skill and manager wise(Fishin and Wags). Both should probably take a step up. The difference IMO is Fishin HAS NHL success whereby Wags has yet to test those waters. That is where I draw the line.

We also have some insane CHL talent that over time can help us in the NHL and AHL, therefore I do allowing those managers to step down is counter productive.

By all means, players like Chislet for example are welcome to the AHL, similar to how Chivs was. But that process needs to be one where they are acquired via Bidding. Then if those players wish to hold the paid AGM role, that is also 100% fair game.

That is where I stand right now on this topic. Same will argue the AHL misses out on experienced managers like Chislet, but my counter argument will always be "what is the cost to get Chislet". IF 4 good AHL Managers, whom are boarderline NHL 3rd lines but good AHL players and Managers decided they want to quit management due to top level NHL guys coming down, how does that help us overall? A 4-1 trade IMO weakens the pool more than it helps us.

Just food for thought. This isn't meant to appear to be a dictatorship, and I am not trying to discourage or through people under the bus. By no means do I feel Chislet's intentions were to harm the league. The point I am making is based on my experience, the voice of experienced NHL and AHL Managers and my staff's opinion, this is the best route for us to head for S27.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  20. l HowieDoo l

l HowieDoo l Pylon here!!

Ratings:
    +1,461 / 57 / -75
    Brisan is one of the best owners you could ever ask to manage for. Helps any way he can, always keeps his AHL in mind when making trades and never takes your guys. I feel bad I couldn't do more with all the support he gave us this season. Whoever manages for GRG will have a great owner to work with.

@Im4thLineWorthy get bent

• Like Like x 5
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    HowieDoo