Goalies – Game Changer Pre-Event #2

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by jonlol, Mar 2, 2016.

1. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,746 / 76 / -125
    notoriousfat00
  2. JAAMx93x

JAAMx93x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jmorrow474 Aka AhL_Allstar-3#8394
    Ratings:
    +421 / 5 / -16
    Oh and another thing. When the puck is between the pads and my Goalie sits there for at least a second while people poke at it then he tries to cover up and it gets poked it. I wish that could be fixed.

ahl_allstar_3
  3. dityboycom

dityboycom I don't agree with you Platinum

Discord:
    dityboycom#4643
    Ratings:
    +367 / 51 / -50
    Keep in mind the triggers are sensitive and you don't need a full trigger pull to engage them. This I have only seen happen when I press the button inadvertently, I have however had my goalie cancel a post animation recently in a playoff game and let in a shot from the near boards off his pads, had he continued to the post he would hav emade the save. Typically the goalie avatar never cancels a post grab animation which sometimes is a bad thing, but most of the time a good thing.
    This may or may not be a coding issue, realistically you need to spend some more time practicing your movement off of faceoffs. No movement should be made until the puck is moving in a discernible direction. If the puck is moving back to the slot defenseman you only need to push to the right one time on your joy stick which will put you in position to save a near or far post shot. If you move forward or back you're pulling yourself out of position for one or the other.

In regards to auto cover, since 2009, turning auto cover off has been something you do on day 1 when you get the game.
    The goalie playing deep in net is exploited with the butterfly animation. I am not sure how they would fix this short of what they have done with the invisible wall so you can't get on the goal line. Typically if you make a glove save in the net, then you were not entirely in position but you still caught the puck, this happens in real life and happens in the game I don't think it needs to be resolved.

I do however think they need to tweak goaltending interference so a player can't push you in the net with the puck when it is in your glove or under neath your pads, subsequently resulting in a goal on what realistically should have been a whistle or goaltending interference.

Hockeyinfo33
  4. dityboycom

Discord:
    dityboycom#4643
    Ratings:
    +367 / 51 / -50
    Doesn't have to be fun, it wins games, and then they can tell everyone how good they are. That is fun.

• Like Like x 1
    Hockeyinfo33
  5. P GUIN91

P GUIN91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 15 / -30
    I feel I'm loosing connection to the servers more often. As for playing goalie, the bubble needs to go and the five hole gets too many garbage pass goals since the update that "fixed" those goals

No Streaming Account
  6. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    forgot to mention how often my goalie gets stuck and doesn't respond to any controls post patch (usually happens at least once a night)

Pastahnak
  7. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    Thanks for all of the great responses! I'm keeping track of all of them and I'll make sure I take them with me. I'm glad to see people are on the same page about playing too deep and having the puck cross the line. I think this is punishment for being out of position. There are exceptions: like when your goalie makes a save and goes to stand up by pushing him self up with their glove and it crosses the line after the save. This is wild since you don't really see goalies stand up until the whistle blows.

Him and I are in contact via twitter. I make sure I hear what he has to say before we go to EA each time.

I saw people post about the puck getting stuck between your pads and having it poked through – yes I agree this sucks. There is a way to deal with this temporarily, though. If it gets stuck between your pads stay in butterfly and quickly tap down on your LS. This should pull your goalie back enough to cover it. This isn't a 100% thing since if they poke it before you move back it will go in, but this works for me. (@AhL_Allstar-3)

Thanks @dityboycom you've got some very insightful opinions there!

• Like Like x 1
    eashlgoalie
  8. dityboycom

Discord:
    dityboycom#4643
    Ratings:
    +367 / 51 / -50
    Goalies what I do, I'm always glad to help. Happy to see someone still cares this much about it, I used to do instructional videos, and write up reports on what was broken etc back in 13' but have since gave up as it has marginally improved.

• Like Like x 1
    Hockeyinfo33
  9. CarneyeVORE

CarneyeVORE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 28 / -20
    Instead of LT being precision/push depending on preferences...

Suggested options or improvements

1. Bring back anticipation
    2. Keep the slide in the game by making it a combo push i.e. LT+RS
    3. Match speed with skater on break away. Straight line goals going in even after G was holding the button to move long before the shot shouldn't happen. Match the speed going that direction.
    4. Get rid of current R3 option... pushing is broken and just interrupts you and not the player. Suggestion to take its place )R3= Quick Glance or oposite shoulder to view back door plays or track wrap plays better.
    5. Goalies can stop 100mph slap shots, but can't cover a puck 2 feet infront of them without making 3 attempts....... fix that.
    6. Don't let Nuge back into EA headquarters

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    wizard0fozzy
  10. bigdogrex

bigdogrex free agent RD

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -6
    1. bring back the anticipation stick!!
    2. with precision off make backing in much faster. I come out on a penalty shot like a real goalie, and can't back up as fast as a skater can glide. if he's goin full turbo and i'm at top of my crease ya i should have a problem, but if he's taking an angle, or gliding i should be able to stay with him no problem.
    3. If backing up is made realistic keep the T push. If not it's useless scrap it.
    4. I'm old and set in my ways, I play overhead G and lose the puck sometimes. Give me an arrow, or make the puck shadow color optional

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    No Streaming Account
  11. adidaht88

adidaht88 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    adidaht#5622
    Ratings:
    +82 / 21 / -34
    With regards to whether shots should go in sometimes if we are in position or not: The effect of screens and ability to make tip ins should be increased, while goalies in position should be given more saves being in position. Lessen the range a goalie makes a ridiculous save, as the game quite often gives goalies saves they should not get while conversely having us let in goals we are 100% in position for.

Increase the ability of players to create tip ins while also letting dmen counter that by letting them tie up the opposition again. You do not need to have dmen tie up the other player for long so that player feels he cannot move, just make it so the player cannot tip in very well after being tied up for a couple seconds. This allows a defenseman to take a player off the crease for tips while also not literally holding him in place forever.

If you give defensemen more moves to take players out of the crease, you can nerf a goalie's ability to make saves when the shooter is extremely close in to the goalie.

Honestly most goalie problems are fixed by getting rid of goalies making unrealistic saves, but giving defensemen more tools to actually play defense.

• Like Like x 1
    adidaht88
  12. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    They need the same exact goalie stuff from NHL 14...goalie was beautiful in that game.

No Streaming Account
  13. z0mbycide

z0mbycide Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I disagree with the RVH idea. It seems to me to almost never be the better option, because you have way more explosive ability pushing to get off the post in VH.

I feel like there are issues with the goalie pronating his blocker instead of keeping it supinated and letting pucks hit the blocker and then bounce in over the shoulder.

I feel like goalies needs better camera angles. I don't like playing overhead, because I feel too disconnected. I play in Fixed, but if the puck is in the left corner, I can't usually see a shooter in the right side of the low slot until it's too late. Since players get auto-poke, maybe adding auto-poke to break up cross-crease passes that are near the goalie would be a nice feature as well.

PLEASE improve hug post and it's "magnetism". Sometimes I get stuck in the middle of the net doing it...sometimes I can't push off the post :/.

Am I the only person who gets stuck in paddle down from time to time? Does anyone actually even USE paddle down? I mean I could see it for a dump-in on the net, but I just usually butterfly instead.

It'd be nice to have some sort of indicator for where the puck is if you're in one of the more immersive camera angles and the only thing keeping you from seeing the puck is your own body.

Often I find myself having upwards of half a second of input lag between when I pull RT to bfly and when the goalie actually snaps down or when I push the right stick and when the goalie starts his bfly push animation. There should be no delay, IMO, between input and the beginning of the animation.

No Streaming Account
  14. z0mbycide

z0mbycide Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What was "anticipation"?

Isn't that your job as the controller of the goalie? They can't do EVERYTHING for us, right?

This is actually a BRILLIANT idea. I've NEVER gotten that push button to do anything, but I can't tell you how many times I've been screwed by not being able to see a possible shooter on the back door in an immersive camera angle...

No Streaming Account
  15. CarneyeVORE

CarneyeVORE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 28 / -20
    1. Anticipation was what the right stick used to do. Allow you to tell the goalie which side you think the shooter is going and provide more focus to that area.

2. You misunderstood what I am saying. I'm saying that I'm doing my job, but precision seems tk be stuck at one speed. Allowing a tool to stop "straight line goals" when you km now they're coming would be beneficial.

3. Still keep Nuge away from EA

wizard0fozzy
  16. V1P3R2106

V1P3R2106 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -4
    Would be nice if goalie cover-ups could be just glove hand reaching for the puck, that way you could still be able to control your goalie to move into position if the puck happens to get knocked around in the crease.

V1P3R2106
  17. Ayohh

Ayohh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944 / 11 / -18
    After I played a few games of goalie and found out that there was a delay between when I put in a command and when my goalie moved, I didn't touch the position again. Unless that delay is gone, goalie is busted.

• Like Like x 1
    Ayohhhh
  18. JmOnEy2436

JmOnEy2436 Goalie Consultant

Ratings:
    +929 / 9 / -14
    He does hit me up on Twitter but I'd prefer the Skype chat. Something we're we can get ideas across and immediate feedback from others instead of a 'hey I'm leaving in 2 days, you got anything?' just before each trip lol.

• Like Like x 1
    TheCreasePolice
  19. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    @z0mbycide @Wizard0f Osgood one of things I didn't mention in my original post but should have is that R3 has been discussed. I said to take it out. Even if it was functional it would need to be re-mapped because when you get heavy thumbs you click the RS sometimes. You guys are correct – it's annoying and useless.

@bigdogrex I suggested a crouch stance as a solution to backwards movement. I'm not sure if it will be implemented, but the functionality at the basic level would be this: get in crouch stance on breakaway, when move forwards or backwards it's a double C cut rather than the single c cuts we have now (the wiggle movement). So your goalie would spread their legs out wide and kind of coast back and forth. Ideally this would be a controlled movement rather than an animation. Left and Right would be a butterfly slide similar to the RS since it would be unfair to be able to shuffle while crouching... otherwise every goalie would be in the crouch all of the time. Here is the video.... the idea has evolved since this, but if you want a basic idea:

Also, any small clips you guys have like this:

https://twitter.com/eashlgoalie/status/704871323160301568

You can send them to me, tweet them @eashlgoalie or @EASPORTSNHL – videos and clips of issues and glitches are the best way to help solve problems.

eashlgoalie
  20. ChiTownMenace

ChiTownMenace Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Jon knows his shit in net so I'll just avoid that but here's some things that are definitely needed and/or fixed.

Non Gameplay Aspects
    - Bring back custom builds. The way it was before was fine once they started capping stuff. Now they just need to perfect the caps and let everything go a little higher so we're not basically using CHL players.
    - Custom camera angles
    - Bring back lounges.
    - Ability to see who is online from the DR again
    - I'd say custom music again but I'm sure by now everyone who cares just uses spotify or whatever.
    - More club customization. Jerseys(not the same shitty templates we always had. Maybe be able to use any team's jersey as a base and be able to change the color scheme and logo). I don't care a whole hell of a lot about the presentation, so someone else can handle this.

In-Game Aspects
    - Seamless puck pick ups? Ya... right. Do these guys not know how to kick a puck to their skates? No reason a puck should ever be sitting still and 3 people skate right over it. Especially in front of the net on rebounds.
    - One touch passing definitely doesn't work right this year especially on tie up faceoffs.
    - Auto animations not allowing you to get rid of the puck whether trying to shoot or pass. Getting nudged shouldn't stop your ability to move your stick.
    - Easier/quicker stops and starts. The skater wants to turn most of the time no matter what you do and half the time they turn the way you would probably prefer not to.
    - Ability to one timer that isn't a full wind up slap shot
    - Ability to do the slap pass deflection on non slap passes.
    - Icing rule. They still don't have this right some how....
    - Tying up in front of the net
    - Ability to move skaters where ever on faceoffs. Forget normal or agressive. Give us that 1 extra second to stagger our guy an extra 2-3 feet or whatever.

ChiTownMenace