GameChangers Event #1

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Nov 26, 2015.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    I have a theory for this too where did he post this?

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. Dad of Five 81

Dad of Five 81 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dad of Five 81#1761
    Ratings:
    +269 / 8 / -20
    With some finer tweaking this is easily the best defensive improvement I've ever seen mentioned.

Maybe a button where you could stand up the guy, not throw a body check and lunge out of the way just stand him up and not let him deke around you.

dadoffive81
  3. Ammagitcha

Ammagitcha LW #93

Discord:
    Ammagitcha#5555
    Ratings:
    +355 / 10 / -41
    Hire a completely different and competent team for EASHL. Let the other morons continue to work on the game known as Steal Your Money '17, '18, '19 etc, and make EASHL a separate game altogether for just online team play/club. Two games every season. One for little kids who can get mommy to constantly feed money into their HUT teams, and one for us who just wanna play online. It will never happen, but it would be nice.

No Streaming Account
  4. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    CONNECTION ISSUES
    1.) Home Team Captain Button Lag

2.) European Servers

GAMEPLAY ISSUES
    1.) Seam-less Puck Pick Ups

2.) Auto Pokes

3.) Auto Pick Ups

4.) Tie Ups In Front of the net

5.) Defenseman catching shots from the point on their stick in front of the net

6.) Passes Locking On

7.) Touch Passing

8.) Bubble in front of net in Defensive Zone

9.) Passes Along the Boards

10.) Turning Against The Grain

11.) Shooting Offensive Zone rebounds in tight in on the Goalie

13.) Faceoff Setup Option : Go back to the old set ups of which player is where or allow us to customize this in pre game menus * Have the menu for it work every time any time, it only works between whistles now and it doesn't always change

GOALIES
    1.) Fix the hug post

2.) Bubble in net along post when in butter fly (assuming this was put in to stop goal lining but if actually hurting a lot of normal Goalie play)

3.) Increase Goalie Speed

4.) Increase shot recovery, Goalies seem to freeze up after making a save

5.) After a save it is extremely difficult to get back into position, it seems like the goalie speed is way faster in shot recovery.

IN DEPTH VERSION
    CONNECTION ISSUES

1.) Home Team Captain Button Lag - This is a major issue and really can ruin 6s games and players enjoyment of the game. It frustrates the hell out of the person it happens to and it really puts the team at a major disadvantage. It seems that the game will pick whoever they want to be captain, no matter who has it in the dressing room. This is a big issue that needs to be fixed
    2.) European Servers - We have East Coast Servers, West Coast Servers maybe add a Central Server

GAMEPLAY ISSUES

1.) "Seamless" Puck Pick Ups - The puck pick ups need to be better, whether the puck is loose right next to you or receiving a pass that should be picked up

2.) Auto Pokes- This is one of the small things that is hurting the game in a big way. The passing lanes close quickly in this game and too many times does a guy auto poke or stretch out way too far for a pass when they are not in the lane. This would help gameplay big time and would allow the game to be smoother in my opinion

3.) Auto Pick Ups - This isn't that bad but it is really tough to rely on just being in position and hoping your guys picks it up. It would be awesome if there was a button we had to press to pick up/receive the puck when in the passing lane and even on passes but i could see why that would cause issues so mainly just to pick them off. I can't tell you how many times I've pressed RB in a passing lane and poked a puck i could of easily picks off. It would be cool to have RB poke and maybe a different button for intercepting the pass

4.) Tie Ups In Front of the net - Im not sure if we just can't figure it out or if its not in the game but it would be great if we could tie up in front of the net again. Again, it is very hard to just rely on being in good position and hoping my guy picks up the pass coming in front of the net or trying to poke it to break up the guy who just keeps going in front of sitting back door all game. I see the computers do it in HUT/VS/EASHL so it could be there but i know it is not the right stick anymore.

5.)Defensemen Catching Shots on their Sticks- Dman seem to somehow be able to catch wrist shots and slap shots on the ground on their sticks. It is probably the fakest thing on the game and can be really frustrating when pressured at the point and trying to throw a puck on net for a rebound or just to alleviate pressure and keep possession.

6.) Passes Locking On- I have heard a few people talk about their passes are locking onto the wrong guy or they throw it backwards or into the boards. I am not sure if it is an actual issue, they haven't updated their controller or they are just bad at passing but it is something i have heard a lot of and experienced once or twice so figured i would throw it in here.

7.) Touch Passing - Is there one touch passing in the game? It is a crucial part of the game as it helps dman avoid the forecheck in this game and helps forwards hit the open passing lanes or get the puck off quickly before taking a hit or picking up a loose puck. This is one of the bigger issues in the game to me it seems to be very inconsistent

8.) Bubble in front of net - There seems to be a bubble in front of the net in the defensive zone that will occasionally force your guy to the sides or even behind the net. It makes it difficult to be in good position when defending.

9.) Passes Along the Boards - The passes along the boards in the defensive zone seem to always get knocked down/intercepted or hit off of a body part. This makes it difficult for Dman to clear the puck or even reverse the play. What makes it most frustrating is the guys are not up against the boards like in real life to knock the puck down or do not press poke to knock it down it just happens bc the puck physics are a little crazy.

10.) Turning Against The Grain - This is something a few of us have noticed lately whenever you pick up a loose puck you seem to have to go with the direction your body is going. They make it very difficult to turn the other way or change directions which is a little bit realistic but not as slow as it is on here

11.)Breakaways/Oddman Rushes- This is still an issue for me although it seems they tried to correct it with the speeds all being very similar and the ice seeming much longer. Too many times on a break away or odd man rush the back checkers seem to catch up to you very easily.

12.) Give and Go's- Give and goes out of the corner or to the slot are some of the best plays in the game and for some reason it is extremely difficult to coral the puck and do anything with it. Im not sure if its bc the puck control is low and the defenseman bump or get sticks on it bc there isn't a lot of room but it real life those plays are huge and instead of just shooting it every time you get it you can usually skate through or do a little something with it.

13.) Rebounds- This has been a big issue in the NHL series for awhile now. In real life rebounds close to the net are stick handled easily or jammed at numerous times and in the defensive zone the guys can scramble to get it out of there. In this game and all previous NHL games the in close rebound opportunities are difficult to pick up or jam into the net. It usually puts you in some goofy shooting animation or you do not even swing at it and you can hear people pounding their right stick up trying to swing at it and put it in

14.) Goalies - ill let the goalies weigh in on this and ill add it I'm sure theres a lot from what I've seen

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    SweeT9LoU84
  5. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Correct, I am now very upset and have just realized that you are relieving that nothing with EA has changed. It was all for show, they wined and dined you into typing this pre-scripted typical EA reply which has opened my eyes to yet another "play their customers" like the fiddle masters they have been.

You go on here to babble about points irrelevant to what we are discussing. Who mentioned you or them giving any information? So why does the NDA get brought into this?

Then you go on about NHL16 being too far along for you guys to really help out by the time you were brought in? ... The Beta was pretty good in most people's opinions, so by your statement you are admitted the changes for the worst had to be influenced by the game changers? Beta/game progress initially > full release version

I have strong opinions because I'm passionate about the 6's community and leagues. I've been very involved and invested and feel I volunteer a lot of my time to keep the EASHL & 6's leagues afloat, something I don't feel I'm getting in return from person(s) I voted for to represent me/us. And you are admitting-ly saying your interest are now spread out to the whole game in general?

EA, after screwing most people over blindly by waiting until the last minute to tell its customers that EASHL wont be in NHL15 Next Gen. made a gesture to its community as a peace offering and promise to make the wrong righted by adding this committee for the EASHL. Now you and they are telling us, or hoping we forgot, that it is not longer hwat they promised, they've changed their minds and are expanding it? THIS IS, the same bullshit they've been handing us for years. You yourself noted the sales, stating from '09-'11 how little EASHL weighs in. Guess what, that's EA's fault, not because the consumer wanted to stop buying their product but because they are running their business wrong and fucking up their product. I watch what people say and have seen every year the people who give up on the game that play EASHL and its not because EASHL doesn't sell, its because EA wont fix the damn game.

*NOTE: If you want to read something really special go try to find in the archives of EA forums or Operation Sports a very large post I made predicting changes EA made that would slowly kill the game, more so EASHL. The post was made at the beginning of '11(?) I think. I might even try and look it up myself.

EA, instead of discussing new features or adding Be A GM, need to fix whats taking them 4 years to do, the basics. Not try and figure out what to add to sell more games, the game will sell. Once they get the things in the game to work, and if they have time, then add new bells and whistles. This doesn't mean they can't tweak player builds to and more refined system, update goal horns, etc, etc. but fix the goalies, the physics, the bubbles, the passing, then move on. I hate when people pile shit on shit, its still shit.

As I said, you've convinced me in 3 post that nothing has changed with EA and they would probably make better politicians then game developers. You've also in the past 3 post made me 100% not going to buy NHL17 no matter what the Beta feels like until after I get feed back from the game and people have played it for a couple weeks.
    A statement I have never made before but

Tony, I'm not trying to be harsh on you, I respected you a lot and have known (of)you since '09-ish. But you have to have a little integrity here. You were voted in by the community & I'm sure it was largely because of this community. It was based off the premises that you would represent us & the EASHL. You are an "elected" representative of ours. If your interest isn't solely directed on what you were originally voted in for, I feel we should be given the opportunity to reconsider, but of course that would be too much work for EA to reacquaint a totally new group of guys to the system.

My apologies to all for this long winded rant. But just as I seen the early signs of EASHL not being in NHL15 and no one wanted to listen. I see this as just smoke and mirrors to keep the multitude calm and in line while EA continues to do what they want, while adding puppets to shield them and collect info they could read on the forums themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. GRiZ I44I

GRiZ I44I YEAH BUDDY

Discord:
    griz_i44i#0
    Ratings:
    +356 / 49 / -191

Loved what you got here. Just one thing that confused me is you put things you want in the game as things that are issue's in the games lol

Bogii13
  7. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    I just posted what i wrote when the game changers went back the last time for NHL16. Then i added some things id like to add, should of made a separate category for it. i'll go head and edit it but after i copy and pasted it i was in the zone and was just brain storming with some guys on things so i just kept typing lol

SweeT9LoU84
  8. SweetLou9208

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    THINGS I'D LIKE TO SEE ADDED/CHANGED

EASHL

1.) Add more builds or more variety for each individual build i.e. 3 different style of one build
    2.) Make the EASHL guys better. No one wants to play with 75 overall players, make us 1st or 2nd liners not 3rd/4th liners
    3.) Increase game Speed
    4.) End of Year or December Tournament
    5.) Custom Jerseys - Allow us to edit jerseys as usual but add every logo from around all leagues not just NHL when doing custom
    6.) Custom Logos - Allow us to create our own logos
    7.) Custom Arenas - Would be sick to make our own arena or choose which NHL arena we could play in or even European Arenas and play on olympic ice
    8.) Custom Goal Horns (people seem to like this i play muted)
    9.) Give more weight to 6s games so 6s clubs appear on the overall leaderboards not just the 6s leader boards (if you look at the top 100 clubs a handful of them play 6s)
    10.) Add a 6s points leader board or eliminate 2s, make everyone need at lead 3s and create a co-op mod for 2s players

HUT
    1.) Player Lifetime Contracts - have them expire again, keep HUT fresh new players changing lineups allow quick sell value once they expire and have them sell for roughly market price not EAs awful quick sell prices
    2.) Quicksell - reevaluate these prices to set a standard for the market
    3.) Free Packs Selling - Allow a marginal quick sell price for cards in free packs, no one likes getting something for free and having to sell it for nothing
    4.) Redo the search menus - no tiles, allow us to scroll left and right between teams/league etc . . .
    5.) Computer AI still needs adjusted the defense away from the puck is just terrible sometimes, its frustrating seeing a play coming and not being able to stop it bc the CPU is out of position.

OTHER

1.) Auto Dekeing - i know they said they will not change this but please give us an option to at least turn it off
    2.) Add a few more dekes
    3.) Eliminate the R3 (right stick in) fake shot or allow us to turn it off, i hate when i do it on accident
    4.) Make the R3 (right stick in) do something on defense or make it blocked shot and change LB to something else (defensive skill stick (loves sloshy's idea as well as HoldMaDs could make the R3 body or stand up instead of commit to a hit but i think this would be one of those things they add but it sucks and is all messed up at first)
    5.) Do not make the Y button face wash anymore, just get rid of it, make it do something else during a play, only allow it to face wash between plays

SweeT9LoU84
  9. GRiZ I44I

GRiZ I44I YEAH BUDDY

Discord:
    griz_i44i#0
    Ratings:
    +356 / 49 / -191
    Love how you say (Copy and pasted from NHL 16) HAHA Like fuck EA can we all just play Minecraft now? The amount of stupid that starts flowing into my head when I hear "EA" is unreal. EA WAS VOTED THE WORST COMPANY BY FORBES FOR LIKE 5 YEARS IN A ROW @MCDONALD l19l BRING THAT SHIT UP AND TELL THEM TO STOP SHOWING UP TO WORK TWICE A YEAR

Bogii13
  10. GRiZ I44I

GRiZ I44I YEAH BUDDY

Discord:
    griz_i44i#0
    Ratings:
    +356 / 49 / -191
    HOLY MOTHER OF SWEET JESUS ST. JOSEPH AND MARY KING RICHARD THE 3RD ALMIGHTY

Bogii13
  11. Tonyferelli

Tonyferelli Ferelli Brother

Ratings:
    +504 / 1 / -5
    This right here is what I am hoping this first meeting is all about.

• Like Like x 1
    Tonyferelli
  12. shAdow 973Z

shAdow 973Z [* ELITE *]

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'll chime in on what Lou started for the Goalies.

INPUT LAG:
    Goalies should have NO INPUT LAG whatsoever. Its hard enough to decide in a split second if the play is a screen wrist shot, slap shot that could or could not be tipped or a cross-crease one-time from just inside the bottom of the far side circle. Reaction to shot attempts on goalies should be instantaneous.

ATTRIBUTE SLOTS FOR PLAYER BUILDS:
    If attribute slots are gonna be added to the preset player builds to allow for a more customized performance, than goalies want AWARENESS added to the mix. Awareness is hugely important to a goalies success. Without awareness you're just a cone with a helmet. Awareness allows for play recognition, anticipation & optimal positioning especially during those garbage no angle shots from below the hash marks in the offensive zone that go in off our pads while we're in the butterfly. Total noob trash.

A second attribute goalies want added to the mix is POISE. Poise is the intangible something that sets the measuring line between a goalie being good & being elite. Carey Price is a perfect example of a goalie with POISE. He never looks flustered no matter what kind of gong show is taking place in front of his crease and that POISE is what allows him to locate the puck because he's not sliding around his crease, flailing like a fish. He's calm & collected and that gives him the ability to make the saves that most goalies would have over-played and let in the net.

A 3rd attribute that could be considered as an unlockable trait could be something called LEGENDARY. Nothing like this has been put in any game, but I feel like adding this trait would be a huge reward for goalies that play the position regularly. The LEGENDARY attribute would be unlockable for goalies that have played a LEGENDARY amount of minutes in net & have faced a LEGENDARY amount of shots in their career. The LEGENDARY attribute would be a "throttle" save that could allow a goalie the ability to make 1 "game changing" save in a game that could sway the momentum in favor of your team no matter the previous momentum the opposing team had built up till that point. This would be a way that the goalie position can become a "game changer", instead of just an obstacle meant to hold off the surge from the opponent until your team can score the goal that wins the game.

Goalies want to be rewarded for great, solid play and viewed as equals to the skater position. If we stop 11 of 12 shots in a 2-1 win, put us in the top 3 stars of the game. Games are won with the gameplay of all 6 guys on the ice, not just the guys that score the goals.

No Streaming Account