Game in Hand - Ask questions

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by Tris10, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to be picking this game up tomorrow. I have heard to many good things about it. Time for me to get the Cubbies on the diamond!

In World of CHEL
    Gajeske85
  2. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    The My Player mode is awesome, unless you want to be a closer. I had 2 straight spring training appearances in my 2nd year (against the yanks and red sox no less) where I came into the 9th with a one run lead and closed it out without allowing a hit, I would get like 150-200 points. I made another guy as a starter and threw 7 innings giving up 8 hits and 4 ERs and I would get like 700, plus I was getting one start every 5 games as opposed to one appearance a week. There was one month where I threw .2 innings. Obviously Starters are going to log more innings but shouldn't closers get a bit more skill points?

No Streaming Account
  3. XxRypien37xX

XxRypien37xX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What do you get for a save? 50 points I guess plus 25 for a K and 70 if you can get through without giving up a hit. I average around 800-900 for a start depending on if I can get like 7 or so strikeouts.

Only thing I don't like is I hardly ever get pulled even if my pitch count is up near 100. I'm a rookie not Roy Holliday it is like my team doesn't even have a closer or setup man because I'm expected to go the distance every game. I respect 2K wants to give you the chance to get the most points possible. But still I'd like to see some games where I put in 7 or so solid innings and then get some relief so I don't have to go into the 9th with a one run lead and be expected to close it out.

No Streaming Account
  4. x x m o s s 81

x x m o s s 81 London Knights Owner/GM

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yea.like iin my ****. aa computer pitchers are throwing like 145 a game!i was like oD!

No Streaming Account
  5. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    It's 50 but most of the games I would come in weren't save opportunities until spring training. The one thing that bugs me is I came into a game with runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs and a tie game and I got out of the jam, even though it was in the minors it still should have been a clutch moment, and you should get points for coming in and doing damage control.

No Streaming Account
  6. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    This game seems cool so far, but I have a lot of work getting the pitching and hitting down. Whats with the fielding though? It seems way to assisted. And why does 2K insist on having the dumbest menu system? Tris, for the 2K11 titles are they going to a normal menu system? I noticed this was the same as NBA 2K10, and I guess I just don't understand what 2K was trying to accomplish with these, lol.

In World of CHEL
    Gajeske85