League News FROM THE COMMISSIONER: Looking to the Future

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by nubsy004, Oct 22, 2017.

1. nubsy004

nubsy004 LGFA Commissioner

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Hello LGFAers. As we are about to get this season underway, I wanted to send you all a message from the new commissioner. First off, I want to thank @Brisan66 for all his work in the past 6 seasons. Without him, this league wouldn't even be around. Going forward, I think we have some opportunities to do some great things.

First off, veterans of this league have noticed our declining numbers. My No. 1 goal is to reverse this trend, and I hope to implement some ideas that will bring some of the people who left back on board, and get some new names on the roster pages.

There's a couple things we'll be doing right off the bat. First, many players, especially defenders, have been clamoring for added stats. So, this season, we will be adding interceptions, blocks and key passes to the stats we record each game. Second, in an effort to compete less with those other FIFA leagues online and hopefully boost night-by-night participation, we'll be changing game times. This season and going forward, game times will be Sunday and Monday at 9, 9:40 and 10:20 p.m. est., and Tuesdays at 8 and 8:40 p.m. est. My hope is that lessening the number of nights we play overall will get more people to show up and field 11 each game.

Beyond that, I am accepting any and all suggestions for how we can improve the league and signup numbers. Some of the goals I have for us include:

1. Every team fielding 11 every night.
    2. Getting back to 400 signups and 12+ teams.
    3. Promoting more streams, every night. If you guys stream games, I will promote one nightly.
    4. Better communication league-wide.

A fifth and final goal is to get more media. I have done Extra Time for six seasons now. And, with the new role I'm taking on, it's time to pass the mantle. I encourage anyone with media ideas to step up this season and give all of us something to enjoy.

I'm looking forward to this season and excited to see where we can go. I hope all of you are, too!

Also, if you haven't already, go give a "like" to our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/464753727067731/

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 13
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    nubsy004
  2. washed up wany

washed up wany Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +211 / 13 / -17
    in nubsy we trust?

No Streaming Account
  3. Fatal Enjoyment