Fixing Morans Hair Like They Fixed The Awards

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Lazy Pedestrian, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Dangletownsniper

Dangletownsniper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    Boom mic drop. Remind me to not get on your bad side lmao.

No Streaming Account
  2. Plymmy11

Plymmy11 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Plymmy11#2563
    Ratings:
    +463 / 10 / -25
    There was no designated "leader" or timeline placed, most figured it would take place closer to the finals. We weren't even given an opportunity to continue you guys just pulled the rug with no rhyme or reason. The choices for awards closely mimic this league's decision making: poor. Same old, same old.

No Streaming Account
  3. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    One of the opening statements I made in that group was "I can't be leader, I need someone else to step up".

No one did.

Unsure how much more clear that can be to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    Sloshy97
  4. Class Act 27

Class Act 27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    class#0551
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 23 / -129
    Vezina I understand, Schneider had the better stats during the regular season and him winning is well deserved. I congratulate him. The rest is definitely sketchy and up for debate

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Class_Act_27
  5. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    I agree with you but the thing is, there should be little to no debate.

The people who picked the awards should be known to the community. You shouldn't be able to secretly make the award selections and then hide behind anonymity leaving the community sitting here wondering if something sketchy was just dropped on our heads. The people making award selections should be able to justify their selections and if they did that task correctly, they should be able to lay out all the reasons for every decision they made. It's really not asking that much, people should be able to justify their work and put their name to it.

At the moment it seems like 3-4 random people got in a party one night for 15 minutes to quickly look at the standings, the stats leaders, and their friends list before selecting a group of award winners.

P.S this is all coming from a guy that wasn't on a team with a potential candidate and no personal relationships with people who were snubbed.

I find it hilarious that Scootz won the presidents trophy and is sitting in the cup finals but wasn't even nominated for the Jack Adams. I know Scootz takes a lot of shit but it screams bias.
    Second in the Hart (JClaus) and the Norris winner (Fuman) finish 2nd and 3rd in the Calder?

At the end of the day nobody gives a rats ass about the awards... but people don't like when shady shit is pulled in plain sight.

btw @Moranaconda how are you gonna put your face on the LGHL PSN page every time I load it up and not have a sense of humor when someone fixes your hair. You use to be cool man.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    LazyPedestrian
  6. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    Xbox awards committee was made up of 4 people who collectively most people might not have liked, but we backed up every decision for S24 and people who were complaining moved on.

This season there are 3 of us and similarly I expect people to complain, we'll present our reasoning and people will move on.

There is no reasoning realistically that can justify some of these awards selections. If there is some rationale behind them I'd love to see it presented. If the people involved don't wish to attach their names to it after the backlash have Sloshy post the rationale for each award. If they cannot make rational arguments for each decision the awards should be done by a committee of people who know what they're doing.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Wingnutdrw53

Wingnutdrw53 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Wingnutdrw53#1228
    Ratings:
    +269 / 27 / -182
    That shit is hilarious!! Lmao

No Streaming Account
  8. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    Id have no issues giving a total unbias report on the awards and having my name be out there. Fuck these other schlumps. At least Id be confident in my reasonings to do that.

If you cant handle the heat that comes with making decisions like that you shouldnt be making those decisions in the first place. Go back to the sidelines and watch.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  9. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    @Moranaconda I know you weren't up last night at like 4am (well because you aren't insane) but anyway @Leafy @Nuge and @Ayohh were in the shoutbox debating Xbox candidates and talking about strength of schedule, regardless @Leafy had this huge document where it had a assortment of stats where if pressed they could go and show people why they picked such and such candidate, I'm not sure if they would be willing to share that information with us or even the methodology but if they were I'm sure more then enough people would be willing to work on something like that. If you can provide statistical backing for your information then it shouldn't be a issue at all imho. I know it's a virtual hockey league but if you are gonna do something at least do it right no?

• Like Like x 2
    Nybarisny
  10. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    I'd like to debate the top point getter. I feel since Moran had everything to do with the awards committee that he chose jcpen over a more qualified player, namely my friend Rico

• Troll Troll x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Pastahnak
  11. Lazy Pedestrian

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    Not directed at you, your face just happened to be the one that kept showing up on the LGHL PSN page and your hair needed fixing.

I chose my words carefully with that title because I can name an awards committee member that was bias af. It isn't you. I know you weren't on the awards committee. I also know you had a big help on the awards committee.

So I'm getting a little annoyed with you acting like we're all just cynical troll cool kids. I played Monopoly Family Fun Pack all weekend because I'm not cool enough for club.

Something shady went down and this is the type of shit that keeps the community negative, people abusing their roles and then acting like they're saving the community with their positivity.

• Winner Winner x 1
    LazyPedestrian
  12. Foote

Foote Well-Known Member

Discord:
    charlesamb#0
    Ratings:
    +780 / 20 / -111
    You're coming across as very defensive. Almost as if you were protecting a certain individual that you maybe close with being involved with this secret awards committee. Almost as if they were revealed it may be considered biased or something??

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    footenhl
  13. Foote

Foote Well-Known Member

Discord:
    charlesamb#0
    Ratings:
    +780 / 20 / -111
    WE played Monopoly Fun Pack all weekend, jerk.

footenhl
  14. Gary Garoo

Gary Garoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,906 / 18 / -49
    This guy definitely had some form of say in the awards.

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    Monopoly fun pack is only for cool kids, club is for nerds

• Winner Winner x 1
    Pastahnak
  16. Class Act 27

Class Act 27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    class#0551
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 23 / -129
    what I've gathered here is that everyone but the Arizona roster are not normal people, trolls, shoutbox idiots and post meaningless threads

Class_Act_27
  17. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    I demand to know who was biased

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Primetimme1
  18. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    See you all in S4 and please by all means step up and contribute in a positive way.

• Like Like x 1
    Moranaconda
  19. Foote

Foote Well-Known Member

Discord:
    charlesamb#0
    Ratings:
    +780 / 20 / -111
    Scootz is still playing S3.

• Winner Winner x 2
    footenhl
  20. Lazy Pedestrian

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    fwiw the intent of the video was to contribute in a positive way - my only mistake was assuming you could laugh at it. If you didn't, I apologize.

I saw a video pop up on my screen repeatedly yesterday and I noticed the hair was uneven in the thumbnail. I thought there was a decent joke to be made about the awards so I made it.

It then started a debate about how we select awards where some pretty good and pretty dumb points were made. If we take some the pretty good points and apply them to future award committees, I could make the argument that your video + my video improved the awards selection process moving forward.

It was nice working with you and I hope we can continue this relationship moving forward.

• Like Like x 1
    LazyPedestrian