FAKING STATS IN MLB LEAGUE

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by Shush, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    FAKING STATS IN MLB

Gentlemen,

It is with great disappoint that I must report to you that the following LG MLB league members were involved in falsifying stats in an attempt to complete their LG MLB league obligation:

- accountblocked
    - burntcanunck
    - DPanders
    - IndigoVDub
    - CanEHdian

Each of these members will be disciplined accordingly and contacted via PM as to what that punishment is.

On behalf of all the LG Admins here, I cannot express enough how disappointing this is. We dedicate a substantial amount of our free time and resources to provide all of you with a fun, fair and competitive place to compete in sports video games.

To think our efforts are brushed aside with minimal consideration makes it that much harder for us to continue. We are in the process of drafting official rules with respect to the practice of entering false stats.

If you have done this in the past, I recommend that you come forward and disclose this to one of the Admins.

We are reviewing each box score and will be investigating any that seem suspect.

Shush
    LG Admin

No Streaming Account
  2. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to all the other members of the league that I may have let down.

No Streaming Account
  3. CanEHdian

CanEHdian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to appoligize to all in this league and especially to those who set everything up for us to play. I know I made a bitg mistake by doing this and I assure you it wont happen again.

I would like to add that prior to this incident for each week of games I had scheduled I was the one who took the initiative to get my games in. Well all except the week that I played Shush, every other week I was the one making the arrangements to get my games in. I have had every game in every single league I have been in here at LG done and on time, most before the due dates.

I hope this doesn't affect any friendships I have made here as you guys are all great and it's loads of fun playing with everyone here, and I look forward to more great gaming in the future. I've been having a horrible year and last week wasn't the greatest of week's for me either.

Again, what I did was a big mistake and sincerly appoligize to all involved.

No Streaming Account
  4. DPAnders

DPAnders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I too would like to apoligize to the league. Sorry guys.

No Streaming Account
  5. goalie

goalie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wow, it's like the Black Sox scandal...

No Streaming Account
  6. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The rabbit hole is deeper than we thought.... Very very disappointing.

No Streaming Account
  7. Conner McCloud

Conner McCloud Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ....???...!!!...

<speechless>

No Streaming Account
  8. burntCanunck

burntCanunck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i guess it's my turn. i've been off and on, on lg but i really didn't have time to sit and write a statement. i have that time now.

I'd like to first address the commissioners and the job they have to do.
    they take time to go through everything to get the league running and making sure it's running smoothly, they have to answer questions almost on a daily basis, it's like having another job even if it is a few hours a day.

I'd like to apologize to them for making things even that much harder for them.

ok second I'd like to address the community of players, i've played a lot of you and a lot of you i haven't. I'm a stand up gamer, well i was up until this incident. I'd like to apologize for tainting lg this way. and i will be focusing on becoming that respected gamer again.

ok well, also I'd like to say thanks for letting me be a part of the mlb league it was fun and i tried my best with the expos, good luck to the people in the playoffs and everyone in season 2.

lastly I'd like to thank the co and commissioners for letting me stay in the ncaa and nfl leagues.

-burnt

No Streaming Account
  9. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Two more people have been removed from the league for faking stats and lying about their actions:

:balo: Noisce
    :bosr: stljohnson

The team with the next best record in the AL East will advance to the playoffs.

No Streaming Account
  10. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i was never asked about this.. and if you want to know the truth i would tell you... I did tell stljohnson he could have them because when we played in week 12... we went 7 innings in the first game.. 6-1 so he got the win. and in game 2 we lost connection again in the 5th inning.. So after talking about it.. I told him to go ahead and do game 3 because of our problem...

Im glad to be out of the league.. even though every game but 2 was played... :balo: vs :btb: game 3 and :balo: vs :bosr: game 3

it wasnt right to blame stjohnson for this.. i told him to do it..

But i do say this .. I was never asked.. about this. whether i did or didnt... I do apologize to anybody that thinks i was wrong for letting 1st place bo sox have one game when it didnt matter int he standings and really int he stats.. ive always been good for playing my games... just didnt think this last one matter enough that the head hunters would come our way...

No Streaming Account
  11. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Every game counts especially with Boston. If you haven't noticed their is a tight race for the #1 seed in the American League which goes a long way especially getting that homefield advantage. To just give away free wins is destroying this season. It has almost become a complete joke. Also the so called Ortiz monster stats were heavily padded in your three game series. 10-12,5 hr's, 9 rbi's. Not saying he couldn't have done this anyways but who knows now what is right and what is wrong. This also makes the stats leaders page a mockery.

Anyways every game counts. I can't believe even thinking of posting fake scores crosses peoples minds. If you are having trouble gettting games in you should contact one of the commishes or an admin and let them know you are trying your best to get the game in.

No Streaming Account
  12. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL so after stljohnson made that post about Ortiz tearing up the league what he was really doing was writing up fake stats... LOL What a duchebag..

Well I for one played all my games and my stats are 100% legit.

No Streaming Account
  13. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    man ortiz had hit 2 of those in game 1 and 1 in game 2 before we got disconnected... So those stats aint padded.. he had no stats to post... But the last game i do say he faked but we had problems..

And i do want to say I do respect the admins and players here.. that's not the case.. Boston had already demolished me 4 games out of the 5 ... And the last game I know we wouldnt have gotten through so ... oh well. whats done is done..

hope everybody has a good playoff season and a great season next year...

No Streaming Account
  14. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't say all of my games are completed, but stats are legit!

No Streaming Account
  15. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  16. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    To me, it doesn't seem that you respect them much. If you respect them, you would have played all games truthfully. I have gone through this mistake here at LG before, and they found out easily. It just honestly isn't worth it.

No Streaming Account
  17. nosice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i did play all games truthfullysave one.. so. you make the call socal... like i said whats done is done and im done. so thats fine..

No Streaming Account
  18. dan53080

dan53080 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I find this scandal so ridiculous...Why would anyone want to fake games. Isn't this site for people who want to play games on a competitive level, against real people, instead of just always having to play the computer in a franchise? Though most of the games were meaningless, so what?

By cheating here, you are only cheating yourself.

I for one enjoy being a member on this site and enjoy the competition of the other league members.

If you didn't want to play the games, then give up your team...

No Streaming Account
  19. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You're right, you weren't asked about it. You were however given the same opportunity as everyone else to come forward. Instead, you chose to continue to encourage stljohnson to lie about it.

How can anyone believe anything you say about this series or any other series? stljohnson gave away the store. As soon as the first round of stat fakers was released he was furiously IMing myself and XboxJon. So I check the stats. Look how easy it was to see that they were fake. With just scanning MP finds blatant errors.

I agree with dan. This is a joke. However, I am not laughing. I work 60 hours a week and put in a h.ell of alot of time managing this site and the leagues. When people take that for granted it tends to piss me off.

No Streaming Account
  20. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hallelujah, well said Dan. I have never played you or anything, but you seem to have it figured out!

As for only cheathing themselves...that statement I think is the only thing with question in your whole post, as they are also cheating everybody here in the league trying to have a fun time instead of playing the random cheesers on XBL.

No Streaming Account