ESHL Team Preview [Write Up]

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League - PSN' started by jonlol, May 16, 2017.

1. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro Platinum FPS Staff

Ratings:
    +775 / 26 / -64
    I encourage you to post your own write ups and predictions.

JAM JAM JAM

Projected Finish: 1
    Jonlol’s prediction: 1

You can’t ignore the history this team has in these types of events. They’ve won it every year even when they were expected to lose to some of the quality xbox players that graced our console over the past year. What I praise them the most for this event more than in the past is their ability to adapt to next gen hockey. This is not NHL 14 and the players that were good in the past do not always translate to the present. The addition of @lmaoBBK is one that I applaud and I think makes them better than earlier this year. The defensive core of @SkillzPayBills3, @Yung Jaq, and @CCPiper will lock down teams before they can enter the zone while @Class_Act_27 and BBK will produce a ruthless offensive attack. Jaqueezy can also hold is own in the offensive zone as he’s adapted to NHL 17 well and has an arsenal of plays and shots that give goalie’s nightmares.

@Kerns-_- is in net and will lock down anything that gets past Yung Jaq, which will most likely be @P t P 10 who has been known to walk by him on occasion. Kerns has next level chemistry with this team and wi1l no doubt hold his own on the few chances that he gets. Despite what people think, just because he’s on one of the best teams in the league, doesn’t mean he gets carried. This guy is a top 3 goalie for a reason and it’s because he can recognize when his team is going to need bailing out. Playing goalie on a top team takes a lot of focus and critical decision making skills based that can lose or win your team games. Kerns has all of that and more.

Common Kings
    Projected Finish: 2/3
    Jonlol’s prediction: 2

The general consensus is that these guys will finish 3rd behind Composure, however I think they’ve got a roster that can take down Composure and probably split with JAM in head to head play. The original chemistry that Slaughterhouse had is gone, however I think the new additions will serve as improvements offensively. The reason I have them 2nd is because I think they can lock it down on defense better than Composure. They may not have anything too flashy on offense – I’ve heard good things about @Trobs and I know @Dannyy Briere and @ScaryJoeyy have good enough chemistry to hold their own – but what they do have is a smart defensive team. Any combination of @Gwan @schroyer69 and @x Braydenn is going to shut down the majority of this league. The performance of this team is going to rely heavily on the performance of ScaryJoey both on offense and defense.

It wouldn’t be a jonlol article without me gargling the balls of @KingKonz-. If there is a defensive breakdown, this guy will be the saviour in net. There’s no question that he will steal a win or five from the top 5 teams in this league. He steps up when he needs to and this is one of the biggest pro series events to date. I can’t wait to see him make huge saves against the best players in the game from both consoles. All of the things I said about Kerns and playing on top teams applies to Konz as well. Mr. Consistent will no doubt play a huge role in the outcome of CK’s games.

Composure

Projected Finish: 2/3
    jonlol’s prediction: 3

Again, these guys are projected to finish 2nd by the majority of the community, but I have them listed 3rd due to the fact I don’t think they have the team defense that Common Kings does. There is no question that this lineup features a fully torqued offense through all five positions. I know @Odieeeeee can shut any player down but the loss of @officialmark07 is a big one. He is/was touted as one of the top dmen on xbox and also touted as the biggest cancer on the site. It’s been reported Odie told him to kill him self. Mark, if you’re reading this – the majority of the league won’t miss you and would probably encourage you to do it, but I’ll miss your contributions to the chatbox so don’t. A big question will be to see how well @jdheagle- can perform outside of his comfort zone after not appearing on the JAM JAM JAM roster for the first time in a long time. Bonus factor: The combination of @Hriiz and @KingClutch x 77 in one game results in game taking place on the furthest West slot of the West Coast servers. This could help them against some teams or potentially hurt the performance of their own team.

@drally20 - an old school elite goalie who has made a comeback to NHL 17. This event is going to be the event where we finally find out where he truly stands in next gen hockey. I’m excited to watch his performance against the top 5 teams.

Check Six
    Projected Finish: 4-6
    Jonlol’s prediction: 4

Why the fuck do people leave themselves out of write ups? Bias and fear. Obviously everyone thinks their team is going to do well and most people are afraid to say that. I’m not. The general consensus is that we will be a playoff team and fall somewhere between 4th to 6th. I’m putting us at the higher end of that because I think we’re the fucking greatest. The defensive core of @Nuge and @Primetimme is an oldy but a goody. Nuge provides offensive prowess while Primetime covers his ass everywhere else on the ice. Up front we bring @Xx LoL xX 9 at C who has some of the best thumbs in the game. The goal production will rely heavily on him point guarding the puck to either @Po1andsFinest (slick thumbs) or @Tcx7 (presses fucking up hard) on the wing who each offer a different look in regards to play style. @keso paghuni is quietly sneaking around on RW and has shown that he has adapted well to next gen hockey.

In net @H-spartan-G will be playing the majority of the games while I’ll be filling in when/where I can. I’ve publicly praised Spartan in one of my past youtube videos, stating that if I were to pick one goalie to be my partner in pro series, it would be him. He’s a trustworthy tender who is going to surprise a lot of people with his performance. These are the type of events I shamelessly play video games for and I wish I could play a larger role, but I will be sitting out most of these games. The games I do play I plan on posting all of my highlight reel saves on youtube immediately and will 100% leave all of the bad goals and losses out of my videos.

Any Given Day

Project Finish: 4-6
    Jonlol’s prediction: 5

This next group of teams was the hardest to judge. I’m going solely off of a gut feeling and what other people have told me since I haven’t seen much of these 3 teams recently. For what it’s worth, I heard @BigJayAyotte puts together high calibre teams every year. Defensively this team is above average. I also know that @jay6219 is 100% a standout winger who should get more credit than he does. This guy can dominate teams with the puck. I’m excited to see how this team does. A huge huge hole in their lineup is @eZDangles and hopefully this guy doesn’t see much ice time… especially on defense. Don’t even list him as a dman as a joke because it will give you bad karma and lead to automatic breakaways. He can do fun things with the puck sometimes, but he will serve as a $15 donation to this roster. It’s nothing personal other than I’ve played a full season of LG behind you. Prove me wrong <3

@Th3 l AnD 0n1y is going to be the main goalie for these guys although he recently decided he’d try his fancy at RW for LG. I can’t blame him. I know this guy is considered a top goalie over on xbox, but as of late he’s been frustrated with the way NHL 17 handled goalies (I can hardly blame him). For this team’s sake, I hope he can get over that because he has the ability to carry this lineup. I’m actually banking on it. If he can, they will finish in the top 5. If he doesn’t they will be anywhere from 6th to 9th.

Scouting for Goals

Projected Finish: 6/7
    Jonlol’s prediction: 6

If this was NHL 14 this roster would be elite. It’s not, though. It’s NHL 17 and next gen hockey is different and requires a different set of skills. That doesn’t mean these guys suck, though. @AJ_Rockers used to be the greatest C of all time. He hasn’t played much in the last few years and I think that will hinder his performance in this event. In fact, with only 7 players on their roster I hope these guys actually can dedicate time to play. The best player on this team is @P t P 10 who has adapted nicely to next gen hockey being one of three forwards who have the ability to consistently snipe in a game that doesn’t reward shooting, however he is listed on defense. He plays an extremely good LD and we all know what @vxWoytkiw8xv can drop back on defense if needed as well. This is going to be an all or nothing team. I like to remain positive and give them the benefit of the doubt, but I can also see this team not making playoffs and/or forfeiting a third of their games.

@V1P3R2106 has experience playing with top clubs and will certainly play a large role on this team. I just think that the future of this team relies more so on the stability of the players rather than the goalie, so just do your thing.

x Knights
    Projected Finish: 8/9
    jonlol’s prediction: 7

I’m placing the Knights ahead of NsU strictly because of chemistry and team defense. These guys have @eastons17 on the wing who without a doubt has the potential to be a top player in EASHL. The offense will run through him and rely on him to be the finisher if they can get him the puck. I think defensively this team is better than NsU without question. The forwards have a better understanding of back checking and @soccaplaya11 is a reliable defensive anchor. He needs to stop pissing away puck possession with half ice clap bombs. It’s old, tired, and hurts his team. If this team can make it through a full season they will be in the playoffs.

@zBernatchez is fucking sick. He was a top performer in canam and I think a lot of people forget about how good he really is because of the teams he plays on. He can and will carry this team in a large majority of their wins. There are shades of @KingKonz with this guy on occasion. The more of the events that there are the more we will see how good this fucking guy is.

No Stopping Us
    Projected Finish: 4-6
    jonlol’s prediction: 8

People seem to think this roster is going to perform well in this event and that’s worth something to me. I saw them as an i6 equivalent, however I have been out of touch with LG and club over the last little while. Their offense relies on top versus/HUT players (as well as Old Gen Elites) and it’s going to be interesting to see if that translates over to NHL 17. From what people are saying, it has. I wish them the best of luck in making names for themselves in the coming months. Hopefully this offense will be good enough to carry what they lack on defense. While @Chaskin12 has experience, he isn’t remotely close to being a top dman and might be the reason @l BoneCrusha l puts his foot in his mouth after ranting on stream about how shit everyone is (it was quality entertainment for nerds). Getting the puck out of their own end will be a struggle and it’s going to put a lot of pressure on @xCr0sbyXx87 to bail them out. While he certainly has the ability to do so, we’ve also seen what happens when he’s under pressure on @Nuge’s streams. I wish you the best of luck buddy, it’s going to be rough.

These guys' games are going to be high scoring regardless of whether or not they win or lose.

Immortal 6

Projected Finish: 10-12
    Jonlol’s prediction: 9

This team has elite chemistry despite having no one particularly elite on their roster besides @crofto40. I think it’s safe for me to say @j_marz25 has proven him self as a top level next gen hockey player and again only time and consistency are what holds him back from being noted as a top player. This team can find the back of the net, but is going to have to learn how to shut down some of the elite offenses this event features. Again, they will rely heavily on crofto to carry the weight when they start breaking down and I think he’s proven that he can do that.

Crowd Control

Projected Finish: 8/9
    Jonlol’s prediction: 10

This roster features a bunch of decent players who I have no idea if they can perform as one unit on the ice. @Kraz18 is a great winger… but unless @JClaus33 is playing on @Serpe x 13's account I don’t think he will be AS good as we saw him before. @zdball highlights this team on defense. Hopefully he can pull the weight along with @Shmucked and limit the onslaught of damage that they’ll experience from other teams. For the sake of the league I hope they can stay together (for the kids). I can see a lot of “I’ll get off MLB when we have 5 in the DR” from Serpe.

Bonus (AKA the teams I want to say something about):

Th3 Usual Suspects
    Projected Finish: N/A

Previously known as Check Six in the last Pro Series event, but always known as The Usual Suspects. They aren’t quite the same as the past, losing @Xx-INGLIS-xX to work, however he would have been playing C so it’s hard to say in the first place how these guys would have done. I think it’s a huge positive to have switched @EvO back on defense and bringing on @DynoMikeV2 to replace @Greek Elite is going to be HUGE for them. Greek will show up to play when scheduled, but outside of that he hasn’t dedicated much time to the game as he has in the past. These guys aren’t being talked about by anyone at all. I have no clue where they’ll finish, but I do know that these guys will find a way to surprise us. Consistency is what they lack, but if they played at their best for every single game they could be 8, 9, or 10.

What I love about this team is the goaltending tandem of @Ryan_x_28 and @Mooner2014 . Both of these guys can carry this team in net and I think they’re a perfect fit for this roster. I’m rooting for these guys to do well.

Unknown Talent

Projected Finish: N/A

A new entry to the elite events hosted for EASHL and very active in the Between the Pipes discord chat, I’m excited to welcome these guys to the league. This team probably won’t make playoffs, but I am hoping they get a good experience out of the ESHL/Pro Series and stay together for the whole event. With more and more practice and exposure this team will find their place. These types of events rely on new players and teams having the balls to enter a roster knowing that they will probably be on the bad end of some blowouts. This team is going to be exposed to some next level hockey and hopefully they can learn from it. Some of these guys are going to evolve into elite players in the future and I can’t wait to see who it is.

Did I mention @xUnknown_31? He’s fish265 and he’s fucking elite already. I’d love to see what this guy could do on a better team, but I know he’s a huge reason why this roster even exists. I put him on Bernatches level of performances. He’s the guy when you match a shitty unknown team and he saves the first 6 cross creases and breakaways he faces and people say “Who the fuck is this goalie?”

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    eashlgoalie
  2. Trobs

Trobs Prime Example

Ratings:
    +1,068 / 29 / -25
    Sadly I bring my team down. Dont know how to play with a controller made for japs.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    In 2K Pro-Am: 0PTS 0AST 1REB
    No Streaming Account
  3. jdheagle-

jdheagle- Kiss The Rings Platinum

Ratings:
    +717 / 72 / -204
    Good read.

• Winner Winner x 1
    jdheagle
  4. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer esketit CHL AGM

Ratings:
    +654 / 31 / -56
    @xUnknown_31 gonna be having veitnam flashbacks in net with all those shots coming at him

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Krvstoffer
  5. xTheGreatMP7

xTheGreatMP7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +178 / 7 / -41
    It was a banter rant it was fun, good write up :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. Chaskin12

Chaskin12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +159 / 14 / -14
    To be honest I'm really happy to see NSU so low. Good write up will be lots of fun

Chaskin12
  7. jonlol

Ratings:
    +775 / 26 / -64
    This is my opinion. The general consensus (projected) had you at the highest - 3rd but mostly 4th 5th or 6th.

I've just seen you play defense in Pro series before and know it won't be the offense dragging the team down

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    eashlgoalie
  8. Class_Act_27

Class_Act_27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +649 / 21 / -111
    Aj_rockers is still the best c in da game

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    Class_Act_27
  9. eZDangles

eZDangles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +266 / 6 / -12
    eZBreakaways - accurate.

• Funny Funny x 1
    eZDangles
  10. Chaskin12

Chaskin12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +159 / 14 / -14
    I've been playing with NSU for years it fits my style more than any other club. Not that I care what you think we are more of a Defensive team go ask clubs like jam and i6 who we play on a consistent basis. Nice try on the troll.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Chaskin12
  11. Jaqueezy27

Jaqueezy27 Warning Group

Ratings:
    +551 / 45 / -95
    I've only played nsu three times this year, so I wouldn't really call it a consistent basis. I'd also like to add that we lost one of those games when Novak was in net for them.

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. Xx LoL xX 9

Xx LoL xX 9 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 8 / -3
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Ratings:
    +6,454 / 161 / -170
    This write up beat composure with 5 forwards

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. jdheagle-

jdheagle- Kiss The Rings Platinum

Ratings:
    +717 / 72 / -204
    Were they playing with 5 forwards?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    jdheagle
  15. Leg_al

Leg_al CRA C C

Ratings:
    +156 / 38 / -42
    bunch of sweaty nerds.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    legiticetilt
  16. zBernatchez

zBernatchez Thin Blue Line

Ratings:
    +492 / 9 / -21
    Nice job buddy! You forgot to praise yourself bud you are elite on write ups and tendy

• Winner Winner x 1
    zBernatchez
  17. jonlol

Ratings:
    +775 / 26 / -64
    I do that enough already in the chatbox :D but for real I'm taking a back seat during this event so Spartan will be playing most games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    eashlgoalie
  18. xUnknown_31

xUnknown_31 xUnknown_31

Ratings:
    +20 / 2 / -3
    LOL

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    xunknown_31