Dear Utica (A S1 Reflection)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Dherms18, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Dherms18

Dherms18 #18 C/RW

Discord:
    Dherms#3595
    Ratings:
    +198 / 5 / -6
    I want to give a big thank you to everyone on the Utica management and the entire team for aiding me throughout this entire season.

When I joined halfway through the season, I was randomly assigned to Utica. I was an entitled little TC player who thought I would immediately get playing time. A week went by and I hadn't gotten slotted into the roster. I messaged @m_sibs for some reassurance, who nearly immediately responded with the following: "just playing club when we have enough to play, and being around when we have games incase we need an ECU."

So, I monitored the Skype chat before games, praying I'd be able to get in. Luckily, I was able to squeak into my debut on a half-hearted joke in our Skype chat that I could ECU as a goalie. Little did I know that joke would mean that I would debut with a goal, five assists, and a fight win.

With some hard work, I was able to work my way off of TC and into a regular roster spot. I settled in nicely with the rest of the team as we earned win after win in the regular season.

@m_sibs was always there for me when times got rough. He assigned me "hockey homework" after I had a rough set of drop-in games with the club late at night and even went into a versus game to practice specific techniques, which greatly improved my overall game. When I got down on myself, he never failed to reassure me to forget about it and to keep my head up.

@iD4N3_90 was a fantastic line mate at left wing. With him on the left, me at center, and Fate on the right, we were a line to fear. He's an excellent communicator on the ice and a funny guy. While he might be a playoff shit-talker, he does it in jest. He's a fantastic guy and I wish him the best for next season as he assumes the position of GM of the Comets.

To make a very long story short, I finished the season on a positive note with a bunch of guys who I was proud to call teammates and a superb individual performance, cultivated by management's positive reinforcement.

I'm not going to deny it: I know that most of the league hates the Comets because of the shoutbox as of late. Not taking the Calder home definitely was a disappointment and I wish the season had ended on a different note. Losing a series on a forfeit is a tough pill to swallow. However, I know that even with the chaos and communication breakdown from Games 4-6 versus WBS, I'm proud to have been a member of the Utica Comets.

Sincerely,
    Dherms18
    www.twitch.tv/dherms18

• Like Like x 6
    • Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Dherms18
  2. iD4N3_90

iD4N3_90 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 8 / -33
    Thanks herm you played a good season. And I see you plugging in your twitch at the bottom you ain't slick lol everyone go give my guy a follow

• Like Like x 3
    Id4n3_90
  3. Filthy_Habitz

Filthy_Habitz Fred T. Hunt Award Winner (S1)

Discord:
    Filthy_Habitz#0683
    Ratings:
    +367 / 20 / -66
    I dont think anyone really hates any team in this league. You guys had a great season and this is a superb read for an new member signing up.

Good job on the season Comets. Enjoyed watching your playoff games.

• Like Like x 2
    FiLTHY_HaBiTZ
  4. DaYWaLK3R_34

DaYWaLK3R_34 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Good read, I was in the same boat as you when I joined. It's a great community, with a bunch of great people and players. Any new member reading this, it'll give them hope. Especially for next season.

• Like Like x 1
    Foolishdreamer
  5. W1kd84

W1kd84 Former Call of Duty 1 and 2 PC Pro Team Verb

Discord:
    W1kd84#6929
    Ratings:
    +267 / 22 / -101

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    w1kd__84