Dealing with depression through gaming

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by dankchank, Apr 23, 2017.

1. dankchank

dankchank Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -2
    Hi gamers, I have been thinking A LOT recently and going to go public with what I have been going through over the last few years. I think a lot of people will be able to relate with what I am going to post in one way or another, if this made you think or thought you could relate please help me get some hype on twitter and/or reddit. Going to be making moves after I drop the final bomb! Thank you to those who understand! Twitter and reddit link below. It would mean a lot to me if I could get as many people seeing this as possible before I drop my final post. Thank you again!

https://twitter.com/dankchank/status/856068543577817088
    https://www.reddit.com/r/kotk/comments/671b00/dealing_with_depression_through_gaming/

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 10
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Dankchank
  2. jdheagle

jdheagle Kiss The Rings

Ratings:
    +971 / 81 / -219
    Ohhhhh shit, Dank is quitting the weed!

jdheagle
  3. dankchank

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -2
    JD coming in with jokes right away! I like it. JD I miss you just really not sure if you lied to me the whole time or you are just as brain dead as Schroyer has been the past few nights. If you tell me you were lying I will respect the shit out of that, and if you tell me you are just brain dead, well I will apologize and say I am sorry for assuming you were a liar and didn't think you were that brain dead! <3 tell your niece I say hello and your friend that I would love some chips in my attic as well. Jeff mic'd up and dropped a JD in the party tonight while holding his nose! you missed it!

• Like Like x 1
    Dankchank
  4. jdheagle

jdheagle Kiss The Rings

Ratings:
    +971 / 81 / -219
    Seems like a lose lose situation

jdheagle
  5. dankchank

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -2
    LOLOLOL I mean like jimmy says Schroyer has a big head but small brain. Can't help that! <3

Dankchank
  6. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    You're hyping up a post about depression by posting a teaser for it?

Good luck with what you're going through regardless, just seems like a strange thing to do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. dankchank

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -2
    I made these posts mentally drained and realizing I didn't give enough info. But going to try and get into competitive h1/gaming and stream for a few months after everything is said and done and see how it goes. have a lot of friends and family behind me(IRL and from gaming communities). Just started writing the post last night and want to make sure I get the point I am trying to make across the best I can. Do not want to rush it. But I understand why you would question it after reading it again.

• Like Like x 1
    Dankchank
  8. dankchank

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -2
    This is my rant to all the slaughterhouse homies after having a deep conversation with my father. Just trying to be as transparent as possible. I posted this to my facebook but I am sure this group will be able to understand more then my IRL friends and family. I will be following all of this up with my other post about depression and gaming in a day or two when I feel it's ready. Have most of the ideas I want to get across down but still need to put it together and get it proofread by someone with a better education/vocabulary! Hope you understand that I am just trying to make something out of gaming and will hopefully be able to help people out with things that they are personally going through after my post.

Yo just had a heart to heart with my pops and think I'm actually going to try to start streaming full time for the next few months and see how it goes. Going to be posting it to my Facebook and shit to try and get as much exposure as possible. Will be posting a few things in here tomorrow on twitter/reddit with more details. Just giving you guys a heads up first. Please don't say anything until I post it on Facebook and shit.
    Love you all and you guys are what inspired me but honestly think with the right publicity, that I could do big things.
    But if you anyone is saying anything racist I'm only going to be able share my own voice! I understand that you say it to display something you hate or get mad at, but just try to make it a habit to not use it so I can share all our voices because it just wouldn't be the same. Hope you all understand and will help me out with this.
    Will be around tomorrow all day to game so let me know if anyone's trying to play anything, if not I'll probably be on h1 or playing online poker. I know it's not like me with the heart felt messages but actually going to try and make something out of this, and just letting you guys know first. Thank you all for everything we have been through. There have been crazy ups and downs with this group and glad we are still together. I'm hoping to attend twitchcon in October if anyone wants to try and plan a meet up then if not would love to just go to AC or wherever for a weekend with everyone sometime in the future.
    Going to try and smoke myself to sleep now, love you all and I'll be to being my normal ass hole self tomorrow at one point. Goodnight guys.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Dankchank
  9. B-Bunny

B-Bunny Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 47 / -73
    Tits or gtfo

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Serpe x 13

Serpe x 13 Washed Up Center

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 165 / -333
    I never had depression but I can only think that real life person to person interactions will help more than video games. Thats just my 2 cents... And its 2 more cents than schroyer cuz he has a pea sized brain.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Serpe_x_13x
  11. Fewch_

Fewch_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 17 / -22
    No Streaming Account
  12. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    Good luck Dank I support you with whatever you do.

I always felt videos games made things worse with depression, but if there is anyone who can spin this the right way it would be you.

<3

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    eashlgoalie
  13. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 42 / -125
    Good luck Dank. I can tell you first hand that video games have been my personal escape from things that are unfortunately out of my control and things that make life a lot harder. The hardest part comes when you're dealing with all that BS and it STOPS you from playing - thats when it really rears its ugly head. You clearly have the support of the community. I'd ask some tips here from some of the bigger streamers like Nuge and co.

- Spin Pass Ballerina

• Like Like x 2
    DynoMike25
  14. dankchank

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -2
    I never had depression but I can only think that real life person to person interactions will help more than video games. Thats just my 2 cents... And its 2 more cents than schroyer cuz he has a pea sized brain.

I get what you mean by this. But as a kid, I always was hoping to make it in sports. (Realistically I knew that this would probably never happen) but it was the love for the team work and communication that got me to love sports. I was a very athletic person and could have gone at least d2 in basketball or baseball if I had the right mindset. (believe me or not idc) but I went through some shit in my high school years that steered me away from sports and more toward video games. Video games are the best way for me to go and work as a team and communicate the same way as a team sport. I recently just got on facebook for the first time in a long time and all my best friends are going through the same shit, but using drugs and other things to deal with depression. My goal is to target the same group that I am in which is the gaming community. But I am also going out and getting social with my friends again at the same time which makes it all that much easier. Thank you for just sharing you opinion and not bashing anyone but Schroyers dumb ass.

Dankchank
  15. dankchank

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -2
    @jonlol I knew you would be someone to support me. I understand gaming could make it worse, but it all depends on how your mindset it. I love all my SLH homies and then there are a small group outside of us that really mean a lot to me too. Was going to ask you if you could make a youtube video, even if its just 15 seconds to show what it is I am trying to do and shed light on. You have always been one of the realist in my eyes! love you buddy!

• Like Like x 1
    Dankchank
  16. dankchank

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -2
    @HO-SANGx66 (dynomike) I want to apologize for just losing my cool when you just wanted to be a pretty ballerina. I always knew that you were a good-hearted person I was just not in the best mindset at the time. Hope you can understand that I was just really aggravated and frustrated with things outside of gaming, and when I got upset over things people did in video games it made me lose my mind. It was things like this that helped me realize that I was not in a good state of mind though. Also want to apologize to @ONESHOT247 if thats the right @ but I was not a good person to you either. You just wanted to come in and talk to people about things and I was just a dick about everything, you only meant well and I was wrong. Hope you can both can forgive me and understand what I was going through.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Dankchank
  17. XxJusT4TheShoWxX

XxJusT4TheShoWxX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +259 / 15 / -26
    Humm

• Useful Useful x 1
    Xxjust4theshowxx
  18. Bloop_33

Bloop_33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +292 / 7 / -10
    Good luck with this Dank, I tried the same thing in the past but it didn't work out for various reasons and am now actually slowly quitting from competitive gaming, but I wish you the best, I think you're better suited to it than I would be. I'll look forward to following what you do and know you'll do well. Good Luck man!

No Streaming Account
  19. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    PM me when you have everything laid out and we'll do something

• Winner Winner x 1
    eashlgoalie
  20. dankchank

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -2
    Thank you bloop. I would like to think that I am a fairly common name in the NHL community on the ps4 side, and I would like to think I am getting up there in the h1z1 community as well. I just want to take a small period of time to take the chance I have always wanted to, told myself for so long I was too old now. But even if it doesn't work out I have become a better person and got out of the dark rut I was in. Either way I am a better person than I was previously!

• Like Like x 2
    Dankchank